Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review (42255 Views)

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Senrichy88: 5:21am On Apr 10, 2023
Naija I hail thee
How come no one is talking about when the movie was released?
The storyline and cast talks and correlate to some certain people in a particular state in 🇳🇬
I hope the country is free some day.
I come in peace
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by HarsharGoon(m): 11:09pm On Apr 11, 2023
The story Na about JAGABAN of agbado nation and the Lagos e said he built
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Hotspotbro(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
"Giving masculine roles" bruh if that hurt you, idk what hurts you next grin

CaveAdullam:
The movie, as well with others like King Of Boys, follow in line in capturing the ugly nature of Lagos state politics and Nigeria at large.

More movies like this will help people become more cognizant of what's going on in their community and nation, and proffer effective ways for change.

As with Nollywood, some scenes were predictable, e.g when Gift shot Kazeem at the end.
Nollywood like their counterpart, Hollywood, giving masculine role to the feminine always make movies less interesting. Watching Gift (Adesua Etomi) fight hardened and tough criminals made the movie had tinctures of caricature. Let men do their thing; ditto for women.

Lessons learnt:

1. Crime is an unending loop once there are myriads of benefits attached.

2. Revenge is a cycle. Only pure justice can stop it.

3. Politicians are only loyal to their bellies and pockets. No matter how loyal you're to them, they'll use you as a pawn to leverage, either to gain more or escape danger.

4. True love never dies. It can be separated, but it keeps burning.

5. Don't taste crime. Once you do, you enter into an interminable tunnel of brief joy and long sorrows.

6. Don't be a pawn on the chessboard of politicians. Deal with them from afar and with wisdom.

7. Being a good parent matters a lot. You must re-evaluate all your plans once you become a parent. It's your duty to protect your community by raising good children.

8. No true friends in gangs of criminals. Two thieves are not best of friends but worst enemies. Their proclamation of love is mere pretence.

9. Deal with trouble at the root stage. Because it becomes impossible when it germinate and grow tall.

10. We must put the community above the self. Only then bribery and corruption can be curbed to the lowest.

Gangs of Lagos is a good movie. Go watch it.

Thanks.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 24, 2023
They tried but it's a 4/10 for me
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2023
it's a 4/10 for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

World's First Foldable MicroLED TV Unveiled With A $400,000 Price Tag (Video) / Juliet Njamanze Dazzlea In "Love Thy Neighbour", Hits Cinema / NTA Uses Machete To Represent Razor Blade In Crime Story. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.