Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review (42258 Views)

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by babajeje123(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
Too many gory scenes, and not in the league of KOB.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by aylipple: 9:42pm On Apr 08, 2023
Thought I was going to dislike the movie but once I clikced that play button, I couldn't stop till the end. The storyline was fantastic, acting topnotch & just like the reviewer said, Tobi Bakre gave an award winning performance.
Chioma Chukwuka ate her role effortlessly underscoring her legendary status & Tayo Faniran? He was the surprise package for me (with those his dark curly hair) not forgetting Chike too, who may just find himself notching more acting roles.
Bimbo Ademoye's Teni character was unnecessary in my opinion; take her character out of the movie & you wouldn't even miss her absence.
Overall, Gangs of Lagos makes a delightful watch & worth every minute of its runtime.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by ashawopikin(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
[b] Have you watched?

Skull miners of Ogun Season 2 [/b]lol

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Creamypie(m): 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
Useless copy copy movie taken from gangs of new York starring Leonardo De caprio and Cameron Diaz

3 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Broveens42(m): 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2023
Iol. Nollywood is a very funny industry.
Those days we had better storyline but not so good cinematography, now we have good cinematography but ridiculous story line and poor interpretation of roles.
There's something Nollywood don't seem to understand. You don't need to pack too much stars in a movie, just because you Wana be rated A. There's this jim iyk's movie: "bad comment", I still rate it high because you could actually see men who looked like real CEO's , interpreting their roles perfectly, while the likes of chiwetalagu were relegated to the background.

I also rate " gold statue" but I regretted watching 'king of boys'

4 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Bahamas95(m): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2023
Most Nollywood movies are so annoying to watch. I saw my girlfriend watching one yesterday and in the scene an actress was combing her hair. I kept quiet observing what was happening, she spent almost 5minutes combing the hair.

If dem nor get anything to act dem go dey waste mumu time on rubbish just to make the movie long ...... Rubbish!

9 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Gentew(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
mmadu5:
stupid and useless movie . animalistic actors and actress .i cant watch movies acted by skull miners peter obi haters

How I wish you have something worthy to do with your life.....

I would have used this comment against you in the future just the way we used it against Chinedu in Lagos... At that time, you will start another cry of "ethnic profiling"

Son of a coward... mind you, another name for coward is Ojukwu.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Creamypie(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
Funkyswagzz:
It should be agbero of lagos.. the title is american
copy copy taken from gangs of new York, starring de caprio and Diaz Cameron. Nigerian films irritate my sensibility

3 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by clockwisereport: 9:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hannaz:
The way this film is everywhere is making me feel that if it's that good then they won't need to gather influencers to promote it. The promotion no be here

Are you Angela Oyom ubi?
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by MindHacker9009(m): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2023
Gangs of New York
(2002) Official Trailer - Daniel Day-Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio Movie HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE4_FpZvGFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHVUPri5tjA

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Broveens42(m): 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2023
Bahamas95:
Most Nollywood movies are so annoying to watch. I saw my girlfriend watching one yesterday and in the scene an actress was combing her hair. I kept quiet observing what was happening, she spent almost 5minutes combing the hair.

If dem nor get anything to act dem go dey waste mumu time on rubbish just to make the movie long ...... Rubbish!

Lol
Na African magic epic ?
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by mmadu5(m): 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2023
Gentew:

How I wish you have something worthy to do with your life.....

I would have used this comment against you in the future just the way we used it against Chinedu in Lagos... At that time, you will start another cry of "ethnic profiling"

Son of a coward... mind you, another name for coward is Ojukwu.

i dont know how what i said affected you little dick nigga. are you a hater? just shut up and shift aside

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by jaxxy(m): 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2023
How do u do a proper, balanced and unbiased review by only mentioning the good and not the bad?

2 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by kay29000(m): 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2023
Bahamas95:

cheesy wink grin wink grin
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by GogetterMD(m): 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
CaveAdullam:
The movie, as well with others like King Of Boys, follow in line in capturing the ugly nature of Lagos state politics and Nigeria at large.

More movies like this will help people become more cognizant of what's going on in their community and nation, and proffer effective ways for change.

As with Nollywood, some scenes were predictable, e.g when Gift shot Kazeem at the end.
Nollywood like their counterpart, Hollywood, giving masculine role to the feminine always make movies less interesting. Watching Gift (Adesua Etomi) fight hardened and tough criminals made the movie had tinctures of caricature. Let men do their thing; ditto for women.

Lessons learnt:

1. Crime is an unending loop once there are myriads of benefits attached.

2. Revenge is a cycle. Only pure justice can stop it.

3. Politicians are only loyal to their bellies and pockets. No matter how loyal you're to them, they'll use you as a pawn to leverage, either to gain more or escape danger.

4. True love never dies. It can be separated, but it keeps burning.

5. Don't taste crime. Once you do, you enter into an interminable tunnel of brief joy and long sorrows.

6. Don't be a pawn on the chessboard of politicians. Deal with them from afar and with wisdom.

7. Being a good parent matters a lot. You must re-evaluate all your plans once you become a parent. It's your duty to protect your community by raising good children.

8. No true friends in gangs of criminals. Two thieves are not best of friends but worst enemies. Their proclamation of love is mere pretence.

9. Deal with trouble at the root stage. Because it becomes impossible when it germinate and grow tall.

10. We must put the community above the self. Only then bribery and corruption can be curbed to the lowest.

Gangs of Lagos is a good movie. Go watch it.

Thanks.

Great posits you posted here, I doff my hat for you. Number 2 though, I can't take it out of my mind. That's deep

3 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by GoodLord95: 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
It doesn't matter. Promotion na promotion

Hannaz:
The way this film is everywhere is making me feel that if it's that good then they won't need to gather influencers to promote it. The promotion no be here

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by TRMandM(m): 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2023
What year did they shoot the movie
Cos Eniola badmus was still fat and iyabo ojo hasn’t done her teeth in that movie

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Goddyrichie(m): 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
mmadu5:
stupid and useless movie . animalistic actors and actress .i cant watch movies acted by skull miners peter obi haters
why is everything about nigerian is all about tribalism u carry tribalism enter entertainment nawa o

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Broveens42(m): 10:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
There are so many Nollywood movies on YouTube I rate above all those overrated Netflix shit

Knocking on heaven's door(2014)~ Majid michel/etomi
Frames(2023) ~ Sam Maurice/Debby Felix
Getting over him (2021)~ bimbo, Majid michel, matilda
Choir master's wife(2021) ~ Fredrick Leonard, pere
Just like rainbow (2023)~ Majid/ebube nwagbo
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by fijiano202(m): 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2023
That Ninalowo guy made me love the movie
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by isabi2lof: 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
Make I go listen to portable grin
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Yemike(m): 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLhv0cgVSo
Gangs of Lagos Trailer

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/nollywood/592330-movie-review-gangs-of-lagos-finally-a-crime-thriller-that-captures-isale-ekos-reality.html
Which kind thriller and review be this? For someone that's not into nollywood how can I develop an interest to watch the movie with this little or no information?

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by pocom35: 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hannaz:
How do you want people to see it if it isn't promoted
Top Hollywood movies are also promoted same way..
That is not a point

2 Likes

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by pocom35: 10:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
Yemike:

Which kind thriller and review be this? For someone that's not into nollywood how can I develop an interest to watch the movie with this little or no information?

Nigerians and complains sha
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Yemike(m): 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
pocom35:

Nigerians and complains sha
Someone dropped a thriller of Gangs of New York and the I'm downloading it already cuz of what i see. Some of us are moved by what we see hence the usefulness of thrillers.

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by dereborn(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
Watched this movie about 2 hours ago....It is top-notch.The cast and cinematography is first class and I will give it 8/10.
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by Lionize: 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2023
Orion01:

Be calming down
Lol, so on this picture you posted here, what happened after you were introduced to spottybet?
Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by megastu(m): 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2023
Rubbish Movie. Wasted 2hrs of my time.

1 Like

Re: 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review by megastu(m): 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2023
I agree with you.
Bahamas95:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

World's First Foldable MicroLED TV Unveiled With A $400,000 Price Tag (Video) / Juliet Njamanze Dazzlea In "Love Thy Neighbour", Hits Cinema / NTA Uses Machete To Represent Razor Blade In Crime Story. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.