Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. (2664 Views)

Africa Still Under Colonialism - France Still In Charge Of Many Countries / Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump / Colonialism, Imperialism Is Over In Africa - Ramaphosa Says As He Takes Over AU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by Glistinin(m): 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
Those with 24 hours electricity, quality education, decent elections, political stability comparatively are worst than Nigeria?
I rather become a citizen of such a worst country abeg.
tensazangetsu20:

Botswana and Namibia are worst than Nigeria even with Nigeria in it's current state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Glistinin:
Those with 24 hours electricity, quality education, decent elections, political stability comparatively are worst than Nigeria?
I rather become a citizen of such a worst country abeg.

Unemployment is over 50 percent for both countries.
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by pansophist(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
seguno2:

Is Iran an African country

I choose Iran because it's an example of a truly independent country that western sanctions have no effect on. So what does it mean that Namibia is doing fine? Is it because no western country have targetted it?

Can a boxer call himself a champion when his strength have not been tested by other boxers? Can Namibia stand the things countries that the West hate withstood?

You have to know the difference between existing and thriving. Because Namibia exist, doesn't mean it's thriving. Libya existed, but what not thriving, hence could be distroyed. I'm referring to true independence here.

So tell me how exactly Namibia is better and not a victim of US hegemony?Can Namibia for example stop trading with the USD and nothing will happen to it?.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by seguno2: 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Unemployment is over 50 percent for both countries.

Are you not mixing up the two countries with some other countries

Namibia Unemployment Rate

Unemployment Rate in Namibia increased to 21.70 percent in 2021 from 21.40 percent in 2020

https://tradingeconomics.com/namibia/unemployment-rate

Botswana Unemployment Rate

Unemployment Rate in Botswana increased to 24.50 percent in 2021 from 23.30 percent in 2020.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by seguno2: 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
pansophist:
I choose Iran because it's an example of a truly independent country that western sanctions have no effect on. So what does it mean that Namibia is doing fine? Is it because no western country have targetted it?

Can a boxer call himself a champion when his strength have not been tested by other boxers? Can Namibia stand the things countries that the West hate withstood?

You have to know the difference between existing and thriving. Because Namibia exist, doesn't mean it's thriving. Libya existed, but what not thriving, hence could be distroyed. I'm referring to true independence here.

So tell me what's special about Namibia Ben better. Can Namibia for example stop trading with the USD and nothing will happen to it?.

Iran is not on our continent.
The issue is that Namibia is better than Nigeria.

Is it possible for you to focus on that?
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
seguno2:

Are you not mixing up the two countries with some other countries

Bros the real rate is over 50 percent. Namibians and Botswanans complain a lot about it on reddit. Once you finish university you just go back to your father's house and stay. Forget all this government data with regards to africa. Na so Cameroon get 8 percent unemployment rate online but the real thing on ground is like 98 percent. Typing in Namibia sef on LinkedIn brings in just 233 Job openings

2 Likes

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by emmaodet: 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Botswana and Namibia are worst than Nigeria even with Nigeria in it's current state

Leave them make them dey talk rubbish
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tommy589(m): 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
seguno2:

Why has this European study not stopped the Asian & Middle Eastern countries from rebelling and developing, instead of forever blaming their colonial masters, as we have seen doing since forever?

Most of the Asian and middle eastern countries had long history of nationhood before the coming of the colonialist. Writing form, religion, absence of heterogeneous population etc. were intact before and after the colonisers left.
Nothing makes a nation develop faster than having a uniform culture or majority population having same culture and language

7 Likes

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by seguno2: 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
tommy589:
Most of the Asian and middle eastern countries had long history of nationhood before the coming of the colonialist. Writing form, religion, absence of heterogeneous population etc. were intact before and after the colonisers left.
Nothing makes a nation develop faster than having a uniform culture or majority population having same culture

Keep making excuses instead of working hard to get what you want for your group. Maybe you actually want nothing.

Go and read about any country, whether it’s in Asia, Middle East or even Europe and see how each one of your excuses is what they had in their history. I’m sure you don’t know that the UK/Britain was not always one country, and is today not exactly one country.
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by seguno2: 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Bros the real rate is over 50 percent. Namibians and Botswanans complain a lot about it on reddit. Once you finish university you just go back to your father's house and stay. Forget all this government data with regards to africa. Na so Cameroon get 8 percent unemployment rate online but the real thing on ground is like 98 percent. Typing in Namibia sef on LinkedIn brings in just 233 Job openings

So what is Nigeria’s real unemployment rate, which is BETTER than that of Namibia and Botswana, which is the focus of this debate? Thanks.
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by seguno2: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
emmaodet:
Leave them make them dey talk rubbish

Asking us to stop making excuses for our collective failures is rubbish to you, abi?

So you will rather keep blaming others and making excuses for your collective shortcomings to endure? Or what would you consider to not be rubbish please
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
seguno2:

So what is Nigeria’s real unemployment rate, which is BETTER than that of Namibia and Botswana, which is the focus of this debate? Thanks.
Nigerias own too is like 90 percent. Official data is 40 percent but we know the reality of things on ground. African countries all have very high unemployment rates. The highest on the planet

1 Like

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by seguno2: 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Nigerias own too is like 90 percent. Official data is 40 percent but we know the reality of things on ground. African countries all have very high unemployment rates. The highest on the planet

So do you now agree that Namibia and Botswana are better than our country for unemployment?

Are they not better than us for electricity, water, education for children, visa free passport countries etc?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tommy589(m): 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
seguno2:

Keep making excuses instead of working hard to get what you want for your group. Maybe you actually want nothing.

Go and read about any country, whether it’s in Asia, Middle East or even Europe and see how each one of your excuses is what they had in their history. I’m sure you don’t know that the UK/Britain was not always one country, and is today not exactly one country.

Name one country in Asia, Europe and middle east that has "your excuse" and at what time in their history.
The thing here is that many like you sees black africa problem from the surface and use it as the yardstick to compare our development with Asia and mid eastern countries.
Let's set aside their pre-colonial and colonial history which you label "your excuse" as if it has no relevance to their advancement.Go and read about the contribution of their traditional institutions after independence and the number of years the political parties that took over administration in most Asian countries after independence were in power. Many forgets easily that change in government is change in national policy
That aside, I don't see a way out for black Africa in the next 50 yrs. But I am 100% sure the future is Africa

1 Like

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by seguno2: 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2023
tommy589:
Name one country in Asia, Europe and middle east that has "your excuse" and at what time in their history.
The thing here is that many like you sees black africa problem from the surface and use it as the yardstick to compare our development with Asia and mid eastern countries.
Let's set aside their pre-colonial and colonial history which you label "your excuse" as if it has no relevance to their advancement.Go and read about the contribution of their traditional institutions after independence and the number of years the political parties that took over administration in most Asian countries after independence were in power.
That aside, I don't see a way out for black Africa in the next 50 yrs. But I am 100% sure the future is Africa

Sure with plenty excuses and zero work?

Is that supposed to be a joke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tommy589(m): 10:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
seguno2:

Sure with plenty excuses and zero work?

Is that supposed to be a joke

Bring names
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
seguno2:

So do you now agree that Namibia and Botswana are better than our country for unemployment?

Are they not better than us for electricity, water, education for children, visa free passport countries etc?

They don't have water. Education is shit. Electricity is better. Passport is as useless as the Nigerian passport

1 Like

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by A001: 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
The OP is right. I've hammered on the points he raised several times on this forum.

The poor state of Africa is caused by colonialism by the West, the trans-atlantic slave trade, and Africans themselves.

For any people to make progress, they've to know what caused their current predicament in the first place.

If you don't know the root causes of the problems you're facing, you can't find an effective solution to them.

Sadly, most Africans are shallow thinkers that can't reason critically about things.

All they know is to be shouting Allah or Yahweh/Jesus all about, the same entities used to colonize and enslave them.

It all boils down to the fact that the black race is less intelligent than the other races.

The evidence for this abounds: The average black man is less intelligent than the other races, and that's why Africa contributes next to nothing to the development of this planet; the shallow thinkers form the majority of people on the continent, and the few highly intelligent ones are the minority.

Sadly, the continent is losing these few thinkers to the West at an alarming rate.

Thus, the future is bleak for Africa unless many Africans can think deeply, put the matter of the gods aside (whether foreign or local ones), and critically look at how to change the poor situation of the continent.

Worshipping a god can't help and prayers can't fix the problems either.

Unfortunately, only death can separate a typical African from his (man-made) god.

3 Likes

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tommy589(m): 12:00am On Apr 10, 2023
A001:
The OP is right. I've hammered on the points he raised several times on this forum.

The poor state of Africa is caused by colonialism by the West, the trans-atlantic slave trade, and Africans themselves.

For any people to make progress, they've to know what caused their current predicament in the first place.

If you don't know the root causes of the problems you're facing, you can't find an effective solution to them.

Sadly, most Africans are shallow thinkers that can't reason critically about things.

All they know is to be shouting Allah or Yahweh/Jesus all about, the same entities used to colonize and enslave them.

It all boils down to the fact that the black race is less intelligent than the other races.

The evidence for this abounds: The average black man is less intelligent than the other races, and that's why Africa contributes next to nothing to the development of this planet; the shallow thinkers form the majority of people on the continent, and the few highly intelligent ones are the minority.

Sadly, the continent is losing these few thinkers to the West at an alarming rate.

Thus, the future is bleak for Africa unless many Africans can think deeply, put the matter of the gods aside (whether foreign or local ones), and critically look at how to change the poor situation of the continent.

Unfortunately, only death can separate a typical African from his (man-made) god.

What led to sudden change after you highlighted what distrupted Black people's advancement

Are you or have contemporaries that are less intelligent than other races? And how did you arrive at that fact?

Why do you think only death can separate an African from his gods,when most Europeans were known to kill witches at the stake in medieval Europe no longer believe in Christianity

3 Likes

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by emmaodet: 12:13am On Apr 10, 2023
seguno2:

Asking us to stop making excuses for our collective failures is rubbish to you, abi?

So you will rather keep blaming others and making excuses for your collective shortcomings to endure? Or what would you consider to not be rubbish please

The rubbish I mean is that Namibia and Botswana are not developing more than Nigeria rather a bigger shit hole than us.
Aside South Africa, all other black African countries are below Nigeria in every developmental and economic index

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by seguno2: 4:17am On Apr 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

They don't have water. Education is shit. Electricity is better. Passport is as useless as the Nigerian passport

Education in Namibia and Botswana is shit because the two countries also have the highest number of children out of school? Or because of what please?
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by seguno2: 4:19am On Apr 10, 2023
emmaodet:
The rubbish I mean is that Namibia and Botswana are not developing more than Nigeria rather a bigger shit hole than us.
Aside South Africa, all other black African countries are below Nigeria in every developmental and economic index

Is unemployment rate not a development and economic index
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by seguno2: 4:25am On Apr 10, 2023
A001:

Where is the scientific evidence for your claim that Africans are averagely less intelligent than other races?

If we are less intelligent, as you claim, how will thinking deeply make us more intelligent? Intelligence is an intrinsic ability to understand things. Thinking is the use of that ability. Do you see the difference between intelligence and thinking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by A001: 8:53am On Apr 10, 2023
tommy589:

What led to sudden change after you highlighted what distrupted Black people's advancement

Are you or have contemporaries that are less intelligent than other races? And how did you arrive at that fact?

Why do you think only death can separate an African from his gods,when most Europeans that were known to kill witches at the stake in medieval Europe no longer believe in Christianity
The evidence for my assertion abounds, but you won't realize the truth if you're the emotional type.

The Europeans killed the first set of philosophers and scientists on their continent accusing them of witchcraft during the dark ages.

In that era, many philosophers and scientists were burnt on the stakes for heresy, witchcraft, and blasphemy against Yahweh.

Many years later, the Europeans evolved mentally and many of them reduced their devotion to their gods (mainly Yahweh), and embraced freethinking, critical thinking, philosophy and science.

That was how the Age of Enlightenment started in Europe and the scientific authority became the order of the day in place of the religious authority, which had kept the region in dark ages for hundreds of years.

Africa is still going through its own dark ages, and Africans will still undergo a mental evolution in the future where all these religions, especially Christianity and Islam, will lose their value and more Africans will become scientifically minded and critical thinkers.

But I don't see that happening in the current generation. The intelligence is simply not there.
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tommy589(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2023
A001:

The evidence for my assertion abounds, but you won't realize the truth if you're the emotional type.

The Europeans killed the first set of philosophers and scientists on their continent accusing them of witchcraft during the dark ages.

In that era, many philosophers and scientists were burnt on the stakes for heresy, witchcraft, and blasphemy against Yahweh.

Many years later, the Europeans evolved mentally and many of them reduced their devotion to their gods (mainly Yahweh), and embraced freethinking, critical thinking, philosophy and science.

That was how the Age of Enlightenment started in Europe and the scientific authority became the order of the day in place of the religious authority, which had kept the region in dark ages for hundreds of years.

Africa is still going through its own dark ages, and Africans will still undergo a mental evolution in the future where all these religions, especially Christianity and Islam, will lose their value and more Africans will become scientifically minded and critical thinkers.

But I don't see that happening in the current generation. The intelligence is simply not there.

You knew all these and you wrote previously as if Africa has no future
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by A001: 9:18am On Apr 10, 2023
tommy589:

You know all these and you wrote previously as if Africa has no future
The future is bleak for the current generation of Africans. The mess is too deep and is getting worse.
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tommy589(m): 9:44am On Apr 10, 2023
A001:

The future is bleak for the current generation of Africans. The mess is too deep and is getting worse.

Next 50 yrs is even out of it for them. But I find comfort knowing Europe used to be worst than this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by shegzhkn: 9:51am On Apr 10, 2023
tommy589:

Next 50 yrs is even out of it for them. But I find comfort knowing Europe used to be worst than these
Lol, in the era of AI, high tech I mean stuff that should help quicken the process, 50yrs huh ??
Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by tommy589(m): 10:06am On Apr 10, 2023
shegzhkn:

Lol, in the era of AI, high tech I mean stuff that should help quicken the process, 50yrs huh ??

What stage of technology are we? We have not even scratch the surface of industrial age and you want us to jump to AI. So far it meets our needs,If it means going through basics like steam powered let it be so

1 Like

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by A001: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2023
tommy589:

Next 50 yrs is even out of it for them. But I find comfort knowing Europe used to be worst than these
Yea, Europe used to be worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by Karnice600: 12:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
Glistinin:
Your standing still doesn't make America the cause of Africa's political and economic woes!
You are talking about those thriving African countries being an exception, what is stopping retrogressing African countries like Nigeria from Learning and applying their developmental indices in their politics and economies?

I guess America right?

It's very slavish and defeatist to always forget about Africa's very powerful and corrupt politicians and very very weak and corrupt institutions and heap Africa's intractable woes on America.

Ignore that Pansophist guy.
He keeps towing this line of mediocres who never sit up to face responsibilities.

Colonialism isn't a racial thing. Its one of several human vices. It happened in Europe and they pushed it to Africa where it was already happening.
Black slaves had trade masters who brokered the deals and sold them out to the whites. Blacks sold blacks they felt were inferior, to the whites.
Europe has evolved over history, faster and better than Africa has. You can't blame them for learning and adapting faster.
They've set up political, educational, systems with varying ideologies, which one way or the other is affecting us today. Negatively and of course positively.
The APC government came in to solve a problem in 2015. They spent over a year blaming the previous administration. Today, they've ended up multiplying the crisis they came in to fix. That's incompetence.
For every problem you have, you can find one or two people connected to it, to blame.., but no team has ever moved forward with blame gaming.
Another funny thing I see about these West haters is, they savour democratic privileges. They crave a clear liberal working system, but hate the countries that are real life working examples of such systems.
They strive to emulate Western systems but prefer Chinese companionship.
Imagine someone looking so much like his enemy that he appears so strangely different from his friend.
SA wants democracy. Their greatest hero, Nelson Mandela of blessed memory, utilized Democratic tools and platform to create that legacy that still lives on.
But the same SA is in BRICS and spiting the West to please autocratic powers.

Africa claim to know what her problem is, but she doesn't know her problem is herself.
You can't bargain more than you are valued and arrogance doesn't raise that value. Planned, progressive work with results can only give you that.

Forget these guys. Use your time for better things.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anti-Zionist Jews Burning The Israeli Flag [PHOTO] / End Of Mastercard And VISA, Russia And China replace them with UNIONPAY / Russia Bombs German Consulate In Kyiv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.