Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. (2665 Views)

Africa Still Under Colonialism - France Still In Charge Of Many Countries / Bolton Sheds Light On Why Putin Didn't Invade Ukraine Under Trump / Colonialism, Imperialism Is Over In Africa - Ramaphosa Says As He Takes Over AU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by Kipaji: 9:21am On Jul 30, 2023
bigpriik:
Nigeria is the only country that can withstand sanctions if only we start to produce we have it all but unfortunately Yoruba's no go Gree.they see northerners as animals they can easily manipulate and the see igbos as threats who should never near power with that thought alone we are divided.Igbo's and Hausafulanis are more committed to a better Nigeria than Yoruba's

I am not Nigerian. Nonetheless, I would like to point out that tribalism will not help us. Europeans have used internal conflicts between Africans to further their colonial agendas. Remember the Fante and Asante people of Ghana who fell under British colonial rule as they were divided. Please, hate against other Africans will not help. Let's take hate out of our hearts.

1 Like

Re: Colonialism Didn't End, It Only Transformed. Prove Me Wrong. by Kipaji: 9:24am On Jul 30, 2023
pansophist:

Exception doesn't disprove the rules, it only proves it.

In South America for example, Chile is the most developed, but it doesn't disprove the simple fact that the US maintains the Monroe doctrine, and have interfere in the internal affairs of most countries there, and bomb many.

Try to see the nuances in stuff, it's not black and white.

At the bolded. Black and white thinking is a European model of thought. The African model tends more toward complexity where we understand there are shades of gray.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinese Officials Looted $120bn Public Funds In 13 Years - Report / Russia Bombs German Consulate In Kyiv / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.