Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,477 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown (35639 Views)

UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship / Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Treadway: 10:45am On Apr 09, 2023
IamPlato:
oga the match was fixed. Watch that knock out again.

That Knock out was not powerful... This is a fix to set up suspense for another fight.

Watch out for the n xt fight
lol...you are so wrong bro. He delivered that shot to the back of the ear. Do me a favour, try just hitting the spot behind your ear towards the neck very lightly. You will see why a blow to that part will knock virtually anybody out. It was a very good, and clean lucky shot. Pereira thought he was going for the kill and let his guard down not knowing that Adesanya was pretending and just leading him into that trap. Very spectacular fight...brief but spectacular.

Pereira isn't getting a rematch unfortunately. He will have to fight through the ranks to get another shot, if ever.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by ericfabulous(m): 10:46am On Apr 09, 2023
He is a real champion

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by KillerBeauty(f): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2023
My flatmate said Israel would win but I was doubtful. Thank God he finally won. Alex Pereira has been a torn in Izzy's flesh since his kickboxing days.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by FarinJini: 10:47am On Apr 09, 2023
IamPlato:

That Knock out was not powerful... This is a fix to set up suspense for another fight.

Lol... That was a vicious overhead right. It was a similar shot that hurt Pereira at the end of round one in their previous fight. It was a well calculated shot and Izzy made it look easy.

3 Likes

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Iamgrey5(m): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2023
IamPlato:

Continue your conspiracy theory.

Go hit that israel right hand and talk about being fixed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by herrostar: 10:50am On Apr 09, 2023
That Nigga deserve it, he really passed a message to people that easily quit on hustle, For the full video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqEwery38d8
HonNL:
Adesanya after the victory:
I told you the hunter is now the hunted. I told you this before, thank you. Thank you for all what you've done. Thank you for beating me because beating me, he made me a better fighter, a better person.

In this camp, I didn't Bleep around. If you know me, you know I like a vacation but I didn't Bleep around, I stayed on the grind, I put myself through

Recall the two met in November with Adesanya looking to maintain his spot atop the middleweight and pound-for-pound rankings. But Pereira had other ideas for his former kickboxing rival. Despite appearing to be down heading into the final round of the fight, Pereira unleashed massive hooks that rocked Adesanya before the referee called off the action for the late TKO to crown a new champion.

In the rematch, it was the PEOPLE'S CHAMPION who triumphed this time.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Levels2(f): 10:51am On Apr 09, 2023
HonNL:
I told you the hunter is now the hunted. I told you this before, thank you. Thank you for all what you've done. Thank you for beating me because beating me, he made me a better fighter, a better person.

In this camp, I didn't Bleep around. If you know me, you know I like a vacation but I didn't Bleep around, I stayed on the grind, I put myself through

Recall the two met in November with Adesanya looking to maintain his spot atop the middleweight and pound-for-pound rankings. But Pereira had other ideas for his former kickboxing rival. Despite appearing to be down heading into the final round of the fight, Pereira unleashed massive hooks that rocked Adesanya before the referee called off the action for the late TKO to crown a new champion.

This is a sign of good fortune to Nigerians and Nigeria imagine.

No doubt, His Excellent president elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu regime will favor all patriotic nigerians/ individuals.

The good news is that we have been a source of pride to Nigeria as a Southwest.

2 Likes

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by phemmyfour: 10:54am On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Israel the last style Bender.

He tricked the Brazilian guy into the the knock out.

Once he tried letting go off his gaurd and leaned forward to finish izzi, he met him with the best knock out punch of the night.
He was lucky to be on his feet, no trick anywhere
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Adebowalay(m): 10:58am On Apr 09, 2023
Israel Adesanya....very dangerous and rugged

4 Likes

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by FarinJini: 11:00am On Apr 09, 2023
phemmyfour:
"I don't throw and hope, I aim and fire".... Israel The Last Style Bender Adesanya.

2 Likes

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by BOLATINUBU01: 11:02am On Apr 09, 2023
Mhurfhy:
After all the promises he still did it. I just hope this is not a fixed match just to set another Israel Vs Pereira 3 for the money. Congrats Israel chukwuemeka Shuaibu Adesanya
Israel mobolaji adesanya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by goody234: 11:02am On Apr 09, 2023
grafixdon:
To think this guy is a complete Ajebo, with rich parents still this rugged?

Thats the mistake you guys make go and chance an ajebo and see the beating of your life you will get

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by kyber(m): 11:06am On Apr 09, 2023
Archworld:

In all the videos I'm seeing on YouTube the knocked out part is cut off . I want to see the vital part

Watch the full fight here plus the knock out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZK0wGERv5o
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by deedeemob(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2023
I wasnt surpriesed to see Donald Trump by the octagon side tho
Didi2d:

Tell me something

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by WantsandMore: 11:17am On Apr 09, 2023
JaskanFactor:
barbaric culture that is even beneath the low wild animals will stoop to, messing with what you dont know its meaning.
Cause you dont know the meaning of watching two people beat each other bloody for the entertainment of others.

Cause a world where fight becomes entertainment, is going to end in style.
Dont forget the entire planet is a female womb that works tirelessly to produce life, on which you put a stage to fight for pleasure.

The only good thing about seeing fight for pleasure being a big industry is that you have all the evidence you need that the world has gone mad.

And now that MMA/UFC style fight is relegating boxing to the past , a new more dangerous escalation in this form of entertainment is reached as UFC/MMA is more dangerous than boxing. Since you can use both hands and legs to destroy what came from his mothers womb for the pleasure of the audience..

That thing that gives you pleasure when watching two men beat each other up, is an entity that is your most vicious enemy. Cause that pleasure will lead you to your own blood shed eventually. And the whole world that shared that pleasure along with you.

Think about it for a second, just for a second, if you derive pleasure from bloody confrontation or you know anybody that does, that person is a threat to everybody around them.

As they say, the mice will play when the cats away.
based on some scientific studies, it seems that MMA is actually safer than boxing in terms of long-term health risks123. MMA fighters are more likely to suffer minor injuries such as bruises, cuts or muscle strains, but they are less likely to experience concussions, head trauma, loss of consciousness, eye injuries or broken bones than boxers1245. This may be because MMA fighters can use a variety of techniques to attack different parts of the body, while boxers are limited to punching the head and body of their opponent1. Also, MMA fights tend to end sooner than boxing matches, which reduces the cumulative damage from repeated blows2.

Of course, this does not mean that MMA is harmless or that boxing is doomed. Both sports have their own rules, regulations and safety measures to protect the fighters and ensure fair competition. 

What's your opinion?

2 Likes

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Yungmil: 11:26am On Apr 09, 2023
Geovanni412:

I was scared for Izzy at that point but my God, what a KO.

Alex has to go through the Killers in the Division before getting a title shot again.

I'd like to see Izzy fight Chimaev. That's the fight to make...he's beaten almost everyone else.
please don't wish for that ooo. Khamzat is a beast and will outwrestle Adesanya just the way he did to Kelvin Holland. No no no pls
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Yungmil: 11:29am On Apr 09, 2023
finallybusy:
I never esperredit. I thought Alex would TKO him in the fourth round especially as he fought a careful battle this time. In fact both fighters performed more careful this time. The knockout came from nowhere. I’m looking forward to their third bout. Izzy finally capitalized on Poatan’s weakness so it’ll go this way again.

Chimaev is a noisemaker. He’ll duck no different from what he did against Diaz.
Then you don't know who chimaev is!!! He will easily submit Adesanya
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by blunt2dcore(m): 11:30am On Apr 09, 2023
Israel ADESANYA did us proud, never knew the guy is a motivational speaker. Congrats bro, this is victory well deserved.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by goodness4ever(m): 11:30am On Apr 09, 2023
Congrats to Israel.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Yungmil: 11:30am On Apr 09, 2023
175:
Drake wins again. Omor betting is for the rich.
he lost the first bet
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Teejay13(m): 11:32am On Apr 09, 2023
Congratulations to our very own Israel
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by DARLYNBOI: 11:33am On Apr 09, 2023
Mhurfhy:
After all the promises he still did it. I just hope this is not a fixed match just to set another Israel Vs Pereira 3 for the money. Congrats Israel chukwuemeka Shuaibu Adesanya

Bro....you are the real Pan African, a truly untribalistic Nigeria ...I doff my hat to honour you and your belief in one great Nigeria.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by dapadawee: 11:34am On Apr 09, 2023
HonNL:

The same tinubu beat obi
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by bencr7: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2023
macmarley:
Peter Obi will not see this one to congratulate now, but If it's CHINEDU DAVID by name press statement will have been on all social media platform.... Bigot oshi

Re
why u dey cry, because person no congrats another person cry cry

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Prenonjebose: 11:39am On Apr 09, 2023
So so happy. Can't believe I slept off, missing the fight after looking forward to it. I'm so happy for Israel, after losing previous,3 bouts.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Iamgrey5(m): 11:42am On Apr 09, 2023
phemmyfour:
Adesanya is actually stronger than that

He knew the Brazilian guy will try and throw a powerful jab once he feels he has connered his opponent, so he waited for the perfect moment to counter punch.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Devaro: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2023
seunmsg:
Mr Alagidi, I’m so happy you made us proud. He didn’t just knock out pereira, he also knocked out the haters who were waiting to mock him for his patriotism. A proud Yoruba rascal and more.

Nigerian born New Zealander 😋
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by SaLongs1(m): 11:45am On Apr 09, 2023
Mhurfhy:
You think everyone is as crooked minded as you are?
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Haveyoueatentod: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2023
grafixdon:
To think this guy is a complete Ajebo, with rich parents still this rugged?
na rich people dey hustle pass o to maintain their rich status even drake win him bet too🤣🤣🤣
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Bonapart(m): 11:47am On Apr 09, 2023
seunmsg:

Abeg abeg abeg, don’t mix a hard fought victory and a fraudulent claim together. Keep your Peter Obi’s deluded victory out of this. Don’t mix truth with falsehood.

Adesanya is a proud rascal and a Nigeria hero. Drop your failed agenda and let’s celebrate his victory.
mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enyimba FC Train At Their Renovated Stadium After Two Years (photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Robbie Keane's Scoring Record / "We Will Die Against Iceland" - Wilfred Ndidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.