Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown (35709 Views)

UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship / Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2023
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Yungmil: 6:00pm On Apr 11, 2023
AudioMonkey:

You're right. Alex been eyeing LHW and Jamahal. The thing is, the two Kickboxing brothers - Izzy and Alex only like to stand on the feet and strike, no other style. Though Alex has a deadlier fist but not likely going to enjoy same success in UFC like Izzy, especially when you think about how, as much as both of them suck in wrestling and ground game, yet Alex sucks even more than Izzy in this aspect. Here are some of the things that helped Izzy all along which Alex doesn't have and so not likely gonna enjoy same success as Izzy, especially if he moves up to LHW:
First, Izzy has luckily not fought any fierce, elite ground and pound wrestler or grappler. Izzy has phobia and uncomfortable with wrestling, ground, grappling. Derek Brunson who isn't an elite wrestler, we saw how much he bullied and dominated Izzy in the Octagon. Brunson kept locking Izzy all about the octagon with clinches, Izzy felt bullied, frustrated and getting all aggressive. Izzy at some point broke himself from a clinch, ran to another corner, Brunson came back charging at Izzy, suddenly, out of nowhere came flying a knee to Brun's head, Brun never saw it coming, and boom, that was the beginning of the end of Brun in that fight. That knee saved the day, if not.
I would want to see Izzy fight someone like Khamzat, that will force Izzy to stop being a one-way fighter. Imagine the way Khamzat kept throwing Kevin Holland's grown ass around in Octagon like a weightless object, we need such fighters in MW. It's mediocrity when the champion of a division is one-way fighter. Like you said, Pereira won't enjoy such luck in LHW and I doubt he will learn wrestling or any tangible takedown defense from Glover, Alex and Izzy only love to stand and strike, nothing else, they don't just like wrestling or ground and pound, I don't now why.
Second, Izzy has more MMA experience and fight IQ than Alex.
Third, Izzy has better take-down defense than Alex.
Fourth, Izzy is one of the most athletic MMA fighters, he gat moves, very skillful and also very, very fast. Most importantly, he's very slippery, evasive and with perhaps best head movement in present MMA era. With zero wrestling and ground game, these abilities have helped Izzy to remain the best in MW, against all odds. I watched Izzy - Alex fight bouts in Kickboxing days, and I marvel how Izzy managed to evade all those spinning elbows from Alex, all the time, I mean all the time, never got hit by any, not even by mistake. Izzy is very spectacular, with lots of flashy, skillful moves. All these are not the same with Alex.
And again, Izzy being the evasive guy he is, he's that guy who could strike and retreat, then repeat this till final round to win by decision. He could win without engaging his opponent in any serious combat. Spectators may say, it's boring fight but he already achieved his own aim, which is winning. Alex isn't like this, he likes to stay, push forward and engage, this makes him more vulnerable at been beaten.
Anyway, I don't think Alex has any intention to make a mark in UFC, he mainly came there because of Izzy and now that they already settled their scores, there might not be much about Alex any longer, maybe.
As for Izzy, although he has proven us wrong many times, nonetheless I still feel he hasn't really gotten his best challenges in MW, all these Whittaker and the rest are short, small MW and also, not elite wrestlers. Let Izzy fight Khamzat, let Jan Blachowitz come to MW to fight Izzy, let Izzy fight tall, big MWs wrestlers, such challenges will bring out the best in him.

You made some very good points. Izzy has really shown how great he is anyways.

You see that Chechen guy Chimaev he is still very young(I think 28 years) and he is at his prime now and also very hungry as well. I just want clean record for Izzy. Because him going to face Khamzat hmmmmmm.
Kelvin Holland case will just be a little bit worst than his, simply because of his weight, speed and skills, but he will definitely be submitted at most r3 for a championship 5 round match.

I wish the 3 African kings could come back again. Izzy, Usman and Francis. I was more disappointed with Usman, I thought he will finish Edwards in the title rematch but it was not so. I mean it was just a similar case with Izzy with the last minute knockout they both suffered. Nice analysis from you

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Yungmil: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2023
AudioMonkey:

Khamzat's very crazy hungry agile fierce young guy, that's fact, no doubt but I doubt he can do Izzy like Kevin or beat Izzy. You see that stubborn boy called Izzy, though he gat zero wrestling and ground g but it's not easy to beat him, he has some unique talents and fight IQ many other fighters don't have, he always finds a way to win. I only want people like Khamzat to fight Izzy not because I think he can beat Izzy that easily but because this kind of fight will force Izzy to train outside his one-way standup striking style, he will be forced to learn wrestling, ground game and take down defense. Such fight will be very interesting.
You see that other one called Poatan, he's already overrating himself because of the hypes he's been getting from the media, it will be better for him to stay in MV and bully the small guys in the division, but if he mistakenly moves up to LHW, mehn, lots of big savages in that division, they will only use him for target practice there.

Usman should have desperately finished/KO Leon in their 2nd fight. That fight press conference, Leon was so intimidated he couldn't even look Usman in the eyes, same in that fight until that head kick KO happened. That head kick KO changed everything. That KO win made Leon get back his confidence for their 3rd fight. In that 3rd fight, he kept using his taller advantage by using long kicks to keep Usman far away, so that Usman couldn't do much wrestling and take downs.
Usman didn't do enough in their 3rd fight. When challenging the reigning champ of a division and fighting for belt, you have to do enough to win, best thing is to KO/submit him, but when it's decision win especially when it's not so convincing such that the scores could go to either side, scores will usually go to the champ's side and favour him. Especially there are some favourites in the UFC who are always favoured by Dana White, fans, judges, audience and commentators, people like Jon Jones, Adesanya, Francis Ngannou (before he left UFC), if you want to take the belt from such guys, best is to KO/submit them because decision will likely favour them. Leon was sitting champ, also the favourite in the fight and Usman didn't do enough.
Francis left, Usman career sadly is likely gonna decline henceforth, the only one left of the trio is Izzy. But I think there's another Nigerian and one South African guy in MW, I can't remember their names at the moment.

yea we have sodiq Yusuf and du plessis from south Africa( very good striker also, he feels he will be the first fighter from Africa and representing Africa to win a UFC title), who are still very active but let's see how it goes. Kamaru Usman junior bro is currently signed to the UFC at heavyweight, you need to see him. His name is Mohammed Usman.

I think Izzy is a purple belt in BJJ but u see he doesn't like anything ground game because that is not his comfort zone. There is one very entertaining guy MVP in bellator( another mma company), I will like to see page and Izzy fight.

If poatan goes to LHW Hahahaha. He will be smashed. He doesn't even have grappling, ground and pound or even submission. His takedown defense is very low. That poatan guy is just deadly on the feet because of his power( he was a vulcanizer before mma) and dangerous hook on both hands.

Usman won't have much to prove any more I think. He really lost his opportunity to come back. I was actually anticipating him fighting Khamzat before he now lost the belt.

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2023
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Yungmil: 12:23am On Apr 14, 2023
AudioMonkey:

I was referring to Chidi Njokuani, he also competes in MW. I heard about Usman's brah in HW but I never saw his fight before, he's still upcoming. I don't rate low-rankings like Du Plessis too much until they fight some of the high ranks in the division. Let him fight maybe Costa, Vettori, especially Whitaker.
Michael Page is a savage clown, he broke one guy's skull one time, so cruel. He's not in Izzy's weight class, Izzy is much bigger than him, then I think he's friends with Izzy, also since it's different MMA promotions, such fight won't happen.
Sad, Usman has come to the end of his era, Leon already promised to retire him and he did.
Poatan, vulcanizer, lol. He has finally stated it today in his Youtube channel that he's moving up to 205. Those boyz in 205 will take him to the cleaners.

Ok that chidi guy not so skillful I think. Poaton moving to 205, expected because of his size but same time very wrong move, because hmmm they will use him to rub on the octagon flow like mobbing stick. He better learn ground and pound very well cos his left hook will not help him.

For MVP I think such talent should have made it to the UFC a long time ago I wonder why it didn't happen. He could have easily move up to MW just like jon Jones.

That MVP guy has a background in point karate, which actually influence his fighting style. Another guy with very similar tactics is Raymond Daniels( watch him in kickboxing and mma, very brutal with 😊) also from point karate. I just love MMA and boxing so much, I don't really like watching wrestling, I feel is just acting. I also read that UFC is merging with WWE anytime soon. I hope they won't influence UFC with their staged performance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 16, 2023
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by luminouz(m): 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2023
AudioMonkey:

Yeah, you're right, Chidi is one the lowest ranks in MW. MW needs huge, tall guys like him and Gregory Rodriguez at the top ranks, it will make MW tougher. At the moment, MW is one of the least competitive divisions in UFC with short, small guys like Whittaker as top rank.

No mind that Poatan, he's on a suicide mission to 205 grin, he's always feeling like Bruce Lee. I can remember how his oblong, big head bounced on the Octagon floor last week when Izzy KO him cheesy. If you watch the slow reply of that KO, that first, big overhand hook from Izzy created a blast that sent a blast-wave vibration through Pereira's right ear, similar to that of an explosion. cheesy. That Izzy is very fast striker, 4 shots in the blink of an eye. Was too fast, many people didn't notice it was a four hook combination. A first left hook that positioned Alex head, then the big, right hook, Izzy threw his back at the cage, bounced forward and threw another stiff, right hook, and fourth was a left baby hook which brushed Alex face on his way to the ground. 2 baby left hooks, 2 big right hooks in the order - left, right, right, left.
Alex should learn to be humble now or learn the hard way in 205. Not forgetting how he cheated in MW with his height and weight. Nigga was taller than Izzy, was about LHW 205 weight or even more, after rehydration on both fight nights. But now, when he matches his own size at LHW or opponents much bigger and weightier, nigga will be taken to the cleaners and learn the hard way.

I doubt Page can go to UFC, even if he does, he doesn't have any beef with Izzy, so he will be in a lower division for his natural weight.
The nigga is more of a big clown than a fighter grin. Only cheating his amateur opponents with his size, height and unnecessarily long reach. The other day, Lima KO him with just a 'baby' hook. Assuming he were in UFC, dem for don reason him matter tey tey, his so called point Karate won't be able to save him. I will check out the Raymond Daniels, never heard about him before.

I doubt if all these Bjj, karate and the rest are the best style. I prefer Muay Thai. When you watch Tony Jaa's movies, you will notice how deadly this style is. I think Jon Jones discovered that earlier in his career. Always mauling his opponents with deadly knee and elbow. Rampages Jackson was never same again after Jones fight. Shogun almost exploded and fainted in the Octagon. Shogun tapped even without being in any submission or grappling. Jones beat am no be small. I really pity that bros cheesy.
If I were MMA fighter, I would have chosen both Muay Thai and Dagestan Sambo.
Muau thai for striking, Sambo for wrestling and ground game.

See this one shouting if I were...if I were...

As if he can fight...always good at analysis but very poor at physically testing his hypothesis... If e sure for you, go and compete and see how easy it is to call someone's career over?

Armchair analyst isonu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 20, 2023
luminouz:

See this one shouting if I were...if I were...

As if he can fight...always good at analysis but very poor at physically testing his hypothesis... If e sure for you, go and compete and see how easy it is to call someone's career over?

Armchair analyst isonu

Next time you wanna show up under my mention, don't come alone, come along with your brain if you have any.
You don't know shiit. What I said is just simple basics anyone with knowledge in combat sport knows, it's no big deal or hypothesis.
Stick with your Zeeworld son.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by luminouz(m): 5:11pm On Apr 20, 2023
AudioMonkey:

Next time you wanna show up under my mention, don't come alone, come along with your brain if you have any.
You don't know shiit. What I said is just simple basics anyone with knowledge in combat sport knows, it's no big deal or hypothesis.
Stick with your Zeeworld son.

Yen yen yeeeennnñn

No be you one small girl beat for your area that year? grin
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Chrismania100: 10:21pm On May 28, 2023
Plz don't ever compare burn defensive mechanics with that of Izzy. Izzy achiles hills is defens of takedown,which was what defeated him when he fought &lost to that polish lightweight. Izzy only is good at standing and trading,he lacks wrestling skills.

Geovanni412:

Did you watch Chimaev's fight against Gilbert Burns?

He is human

If you can negate his takedowns, it's a winnable fight for Izzy

Chimaev doesn't have a great gas tank to go five rounds with Izzy

Izzy can use his favorite tactics...hit and run.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

AFCON: Moment Kanu Nwankwo & Kashim Shettima Celebrated With Super Eagles(Video) / Cristiano Ronaldo Scammed Of £250,000 By Travel Agent / Akwa Ibom State To Unveil 4th Standard Stadium (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.