Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown (35622 Views)

UFC: Israel Adesanya Was Paid $500,000 For Defeating Marvin Vettori / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship / Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by windvane(m): 11:52am On Apr 09, 2023
IamPlato:
oga na fixed fight. Another fight will definitely happen
who fixed it?u think it is wrestling abii....let's place a bet,it will never happen...most of you don't follow the sport but are quick to shout fixed match

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Lifewasgood: 11:55am On Apr 09, 2023
Not a bad week for Nigerians in combat sports.

AJ won after consecutive defeats in boxing. Can't wait for him to be the champ again.

Isreal reclaims is title and is the current world champion in UFC.

Omos the Benin giant was lost to Brock Lesnar at wrestlemania. Never expected Omos to win but he didn't give in easily, Brock Lesnar waist hear am.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Yomit71(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2023
He knock him out just like this.

2 Likes

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by doludanny(m): 11:58am On Apr 09, 2023
IamPlato:
oga na fixed fight. Another fight will definitely happen

Oga..how can you call that fixed...do you know the damage Alex sustain from that knockout..his head hit the canvas like three times..he was put to sleep..you can't call that fixed..
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by luminouz(m): 11:59am On Apr 09, 2023
KillerBeauty:
My Lithuania flatmate said Israel would win but I was doubtful. Thank God he finally won. Alex Pereira has been a torn in Izzy's flesh since his kickboxing days.
Been looking for you.

Where dafuq have you been?

Send a DM asap. Gist dey
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Popesuccess(m): 12:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
neyop85:
Omo Adesanya on this one!!!

Thank you for making Naija proud.

Pereira should go to court or write a letter to the POTUS just like the people he has a striking resemblance with.

Don't be a child. Don't bring Nigeria wahala into another man's success.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by amaridigital(m): 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Brushstrokes20:
.. And the KING IS BACK! cool

Big congrats to izzy!
PROUDLY NIGERIAN
PROUDLY omoluabi.

Proudly omoluabi yes, but not a Nigerian.

Israel Mobolaji Odunayo Oluwafemi Temitayo Owolabi Adesanya (born 22 July 1989) is a New Zealand professional mixed martial artist, kickboxer.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by luminouz(m): 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Levels2:

This is a sign of good fortune to Nigerians and Nigeria imagine.

No doubt, His Excellent president elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu regime will favor all patriotic nigerians/ individuals.

The good news is that we have been a source of pride to Nigeria as a Southwest.

Damn..na fufû water full your brain.... See nonsense wey you type
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by AngelicBeing: 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
neyop85:
Omo Adesanya on this one!!!

Thank you for making Naija proud.

Pereira should go to court or write a letter to the POTUS just like the people he has a striking resemblance with.

For making reference and calling some people kpelebe etc l will ask Buhari to arrest you and detain you without bail for 6000 years in Abuja tongue
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by bellotaofeek: 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
seunmsg:

Abeg abeg abeg, don’t mix a hard fought victory and a fraudulent claim together. Keep your Peter Obi’s deluded victory out of this. Don’t mix truth with falsehood.

Adesanya is a proud rascal and a Nigeria hero. Drop your failed agenda and let’s celebrate his victory.

Maybe his own convincingly has another meaning 😭
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Levels2(f): 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
luminouz:

Damn..na fufû water full your brain.... See nonsense wey you type

If you call this nonsense then something is wrong with your mother
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by HBB1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
JaskanFactor:
barbaric culture that is even beneath the low wild animals will stoop to, messing with what you dont know its meaning.
Cause you dont know the meaning of watching two people beat each other bloody for the entertainment of others.

Cause a world where fight becomes entertainment, is going to end in style.
Dont forget the entire planet is a female womb that works tirelessly to produce life, on which you put a stage to fight for pleasure.

The only good thing about seeing fight for pleasure being a big industry is that you have all the evidence you need that the world has gone mad.

And now that MMA/UFC style fight is relegating boxing to the past , a new more dangerous escalation in this form of entertainment is reached as UFC/MMA is more dangerous than boxing. Since you can use both hands and legs to destroy what came from his mothers womb for the pleasure of the audience..

That thing that gives you pleasure when watching two men beat each other up, is an entity that is your most vicious enemy. Cause that pleasure will lead you to your own blood shed eventually. And the whole world that shared that pleasure along with you.

Think about it for a second, just for a second, if you derive pleasure from bloody confrontation or you know anybody that does, that person is a threat to everybody around them.

As they say, the mice will play when the cats away.

Hoe is MMA more dangerous than boxing.

How many people have died in the UFC so far?

No dey cap rubbish abeg
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by HBB1(m): 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
amaridigital:

Proudly omoluabi yes, but not a Nigerian.

Israel Mobolaji Odunayo Oluwafemi Temitayo Owolabi Adesanya (born 22 July 1989) is a New Zealand professional mixed martial artist, kickboxer.

He calls himself Nigerian...

Do you realise that?
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Gentew(m): 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
HonNL:
Adesanya after the victory:
I told you the hunter is now the hunted. I told you this before, thank you. Thank you for all what you've done. Thank you for beating me because beating me, he made me a better fighter, a better person.

In this camp, I didn't Bleep around. If you know me, you know I like a vacation but I didn't Bleep around, I stayed on the grind, I put myself through

Recall the two met in November with Adesanya looking to maintain his spot atop the middleweight and pound-for-pound rankings. But Pereira had other ideas for his former kickboxing rival. Despite appearing to be down heading into the final round of the fight, Pereira unleashed massive hooks that rocked Adesanya before the referee called off the action for the late TKO to crown a new champion.

In the rematch, it was the PEOPLE'S CHAMPION who triumphed this time.

Proud of you Yoruba guy...... Thank you for making the whole of Nigeria proud unlike Emeka, Uche, Chinedu and ors.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by luminouz(m): 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
Levels2:

If you call this nonsense then something is wrong with your mother
K
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by greggng: 12:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
IamPlato:
oga the match was fixed. Watch that knock out again.

That Knock out was not powerful... This is a fix to set up suspense for another fight.

Watch out for the n xt fight

Knock out doesn't have to be powerful to achieve its aim. Is a state of the mind ...if your mind loses concentration and focus...a little blow gets you down ..
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Sweetvie: 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
Congrats
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by phemmyfour: 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Adesanya is actually stronger than that

He knew the Brazilian guy will try and throw a powerful jab once he feels he has connered his opponent, so he waited for the perfect moment to counter punch.
Same punch knocked him out when he lost his belt to the same opponent. All of a sudden, he's stronger now
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Bintasukai: 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
KillerBeauty:
My Lithuania flatmate said Israel would win but I was doubtful. Thank God he finally won. Alex Pereira has been a torn in Izzy's flesh since his kickboxing days.
Fixed
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Iamgrey5(m): 1:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
phemmyfour:
Same punch knocked him out when he lost his belt to the same opponent. All of a sudden, he's stronger now
Exactly my point

The Brazilian uses the same trick all the time, but not in the second round.

Weaken the opponent with power leg kick and body punch and set them up for the powerful jab.

Adesanya played his game, it was actually the fact that Adesanya had so much power behind the punch and shocked the Brazilian guy despite thinking izzi was already out.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by phemmyfour: 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Exactly my point

Weaken the opponent with power leg kick and body punch and set them up for the powerful jab.

Adesanya played his game, it was actually the fact that Adesanya had so much power behind the punch and shocked the Brazilian guy despite thinking izzi was already out.
We are not on the same page
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Spandau: 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
seunmsg:

Abeg abeg abeg, don’t mix a hard fought victory and a fraudulent claim together. Keep your Peter Obi’s deluded victory out of this. Don’t mix truth with falsehood.

Adesanya is a proud rascal and a Nigeria hero. Drop your failed agenda and let’s celebrate his victory.

Dear Seun, seunmsg is getting away with using bots. It's getting worse. 215 likes for what exactly? I don't understand this anymore.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by finallybusy: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
windvane:
the 3rd fight will never happen...if it was a split decision then u would get such.....the Brazilian will never come close to fighting for the belt again,he would have to go through the ranks to fight for the title
Two to three dominant wins and he’s good. Hopefully Izzy would move to light heavyweight when his turn reaches.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Spandau: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
seunmsg:
Mr Alagidi, I’m so happy you made us proud. He didn’t just knock out pereira, he also knocked out the haters who were waiting to mock him for his patriotism. A proud Yoruba rascal and more.
Kadoso Mutairu you are still using bots! P ma laya gan o
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by finallybusy: 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yungmil:
Then you don't know who chimaev is!!! He will easily submit Adesanya
Chimaev struggled against a lighter Burns. He’ll be out of his element as a middleweight, that is, if he truly enters the weight class.

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by donbuchi1(m): 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
finallybusy:
I never esperredit. I thought Alex would TKO him in the fourth round especially as he fought a careful battle this time. In fact both fighters performed more careful this time. The knockout came from nowhere. I’m looking forward to their third bout. Izzy finally capitalized on Poatan’s weakness so it’ll go this way again.

Chimaev is a noisemaker. He’ll duck no different from what he did against Diaz.

3rd fight with Pereira won't happen... Maybe in 205.

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by donbuchi1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Mhurfhy:
After all the promises he still did it. I just hope this is not a fixed match just to set another Israel Vs Pereira 3 for the money. Congrats Israel chukwuemeka Shuaibu Adesanya

No fixing. The bell saved Pereira ín the first round of the first fight from a similar over hand hit

1 Like

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by donbuchi1(m): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Treadway:
lol...you are so wrong bro. He delivered that shot to the back of the ear. Do me a favour, try just hitting the spot behind your ear towards the neck very lightly. You will see why a blow to that part will knock virtually anybody out. It was a very good, and clean lucky shot. Pereira thought he was going for the kill and let his guard down not knowing that Adesanya was pretending and just leading him into that trap. Very spectacular fight...brief but spectacular.

Pereira isn't getting a rematch unfortunately. He will have to fight through the ranks to get another shot, if ever.

Good analysis but remove the part that ISREAL was pretending. Brother was bleeding from the nose. He protected himself reasonably well and unleashed those three combos as soon as Poatan lower his hands.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by donbuchi1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Exactly my point

Back of the ear causes loss of control and balance. For two ferocious hits at the same time, no! He was suppose to go down.
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Semaj77(m): 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Geovanni412:

I was scared for Izzy at that point but my God, what a KO.

Alex has to go through the Killers in the Division before getting a title shot again.

I'd like to see Izzy fight Chimaev. That's the fight to make...he's beaten almost everyone else.

That Chimaev guy isn't happy Izzy won , all his comments points to that

2 Likes

Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by ultimateprof: 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
ALEX PEREIRA should go to court. Thank God that Buhari did not congratulate Izzi...
Re: UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown by Graficient: 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Geovanni412:

I was scared for Izzy at that point but my God, what a KO.

Alex has to go through the Killers in the Division before getting a title shot again.

I'd like to see Izzy fight Chimaev. That's the fight to make...he's beaten almost everyone else.

That's the fight to make (in Dana White's voice)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Named Highest Paid Manager In World Football [Top 5] / Sunday Dare Walks Out On Pinnick, Dikko / John Terry Makes His Aston Villa Debut As He Plays In Pre-Season Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.