Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love (2087 Views)

This Woman Doesn’t Deserve To Be Cheated On” – Man Shares How He Stopped Himself / Guys, Don't Get Married If You Work In A Private Establishment / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Brokeandnolove: 11:19am On Apr 09, 2023
Before now, I thought that not all Nigerian girls are materialistic like we are made to believe, but a recent experience with my girlfriend made me rethink that particular conception.

I've been dating her for a little over a year now, and asides from normal relationship disputes, we have been cool. I met her when I was jobless and broke, and the relationship wasn't meant to happen because neither of us wanted a relationship then. We somehow clicked and started dating.

I got a job that pays 150k soon after, plus other small side gigs. She never put a strain on my pocket because I give whatever I feel whenever I feel like it. She hardly demands stuff, and I felt l just found myself a gem.

Rich guys hover around her like vultures over a carcass, but she stayed faithful, or so I thought. My company started experiencing difficulties towards the end of last year, and my salary was no longer consistent. At one point, I was owed three months' pay.

Due to the cash crunch, I could no longer give even the changes I used to give her. A bestie of hers that wasn't in the picture suddenly appeared after he started doing fraud and picked some mega bucks. He started getting her gifts and promising her heaven and earth to get her.

She's currently about write her final exams, and she has a list of stuff that she needs for graduation, which I promised her that I would be able to get her just two out of her list. Recently she went out with two guys within four days, and they were all yahoo looking guys with Benz and the likes. When I tried cautioning her of the dangers of associating herself with such people and how I was uncomfortable with her going out with random guys, she angrily said that I couldn't sort her bills and was still stopping her from going out with people that could sort it out for her. She kept referencing how she was not gaining anything from being a good girl while other girls that weren't half as beautiful as she was cashing out from guys.

She came over for the weekend, and just yesterday, she asked if I could allow her to go for an Easter outing with a friend today; I told her it's insulting to go see a guy from my place, but she saw nothing wrong with it.

This morning she begged me to allow her to spend a day with a guy that has been sending her money, and he is willing to pay anything she wants to spend a day with him. She pleaded with me to understand because she had bills and didn't want to stress me.

I told her she was free to go and started dressing up to leave the house. I never felt so insulted in my life, I already ended the relationship in my mind for her to even have the effontry to make such a proposition.

She started complaining that I wanted to ruin her weekend by giving her attitude when I could have easily said no to her request. I just ignored her and left the house to see a friend.

I used to think that she was different but just realized that most girls aren't contended which pushes them to do all sort of rubbish cos of money. SMH

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Integral501: 11:25am On Apr 09, 2023
sorry man

1 Like

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by yomi007k(m): 11:30am On Apr 09, 2023
We know all if this. We have been there and done that.

So what's your way forward?

4 Likes

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 09, 2023
Problem now Na to know whether story na true or false... undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Brokeandnolove: 11:34am On Apr 09, 2023
yomi007k:
We know all if this. We have been there and done that.

So what's your way forward?

Baba...na break up, I've sat her down and advised her like a sister about the dangers of the path she's about to tow, but her head is turned, it's only a matter of time before she starts doing it behind my back, that's if she's not doing that already.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Brokeandnolove: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
Problem now Na to know whether story na true or false...undecided
The last time I checked, people aren't paid to write on Nairaland, so why will I cook up a fake story??

3 Likes

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by yomi007k(m): 11:36am On Apr 09, 2023
Brokeandnolove:

Baba...na break up, I've sat her down and advised her like a sister about the dangers of the path she's about to tow, but her head is turned, it's only a matter of time before she starts doing it behind my back, that's if she's not doing that already.

You are wise.

Let her go. You will have peace and focus on your life . She will have what she wants.

That's the way bro.
Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Stevenbright(m): 11:37am On Apr 09, 2023
Just tell her she owns her life/body and and can do what ever she wants with it.

You should also totally cut all connections with her because she is not worth it.

If you go ahead to marry her, she will either leave you in the slightest difficulties or stay while going out with other men. This will break you and finish you!
Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Bahamas95(m): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2023
OP don't let it bother you, just allow her go and NEVER come back..... Even though women these days are materialistic there're still few good ones out there.
Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by madridguy(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2023
Share the below recent incident with your said girlfriend.

Popular Ibadan-based Vendor, Allegedly Used For Ritual Found Dead in Ibadan Hotel.

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
There's no need for you to feel bad. You did your best if you were catering for her needs up until late last year. You're not her father, so no reason why there should be this much pressure on you to foot her bills.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by phorget(m): 12:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
Dont break up physically with her but break up with her in your mind. She's just a farm tool and you can keep using her while other magas would be the ones to pick up the bills.
Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Kriss216: 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
I told her she was free to go and started dressing up to leave the house
I love that you didn't stop her from Hoeing. It shows you're three steps ahead of her.

She may think she's playing smart with you but she didn't know she's only fooling herself.

Just focus only on your hustle. When there's need to change oil and she's available, use her to quench your konji. Please don't allow her to stay past a night in your place again. She's only your cumhole henceforth, don't give her the benefits of a girlfriend.

When you balance, kick her like a used tissue paper out of your precious life.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Kriss216: 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
A broke man is usually a wise man. It's when a man is broke he realises the type of woman he wants to marry.

When you see a rich man ditch a woman that was with him in his broke days, don't blame the man. He endured all those years of unfaithfulness from the woman cos he was broke then and couldn't afford kpekus. When he's rich and can afford plenty kpekus, you expected him to stick with the promiscuous woman? No way!

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Nice2023(m): 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yahoo boys are destiny takers.

Your destiny may be shattered because of this girl.

Be careful oh.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Rubbiish(m): 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Brokeandnolove:

This morning she begged me to allow her to spend a day with a guy that has been sending her money, and he is willing to pay anything she wants to spend a day with him. She pleaded with me to understand because she had bills and didn't want to stress me.

Omoh what did I just read?
This is the highest form of disrespect!
Is that how low u have become?
I mean ur girl telling u to ur face she is going to sleep with another guy? She didn't even respect u enough to lie about it like she is going to see her family or some lie of sort? Has she been the one feeding u lately? This was very disrespectful!

1 Like

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
your 1ST MISTAKE was to believe that this no good pay as you go woman was a good woman, simply because she was nice during the "good days" of free dash money left right and center.... while she wasnt

your 2nd MISTAKE was to try to convince the animal to stay faithful to you, while you dont understand that MONEY was the only reason she was with you, thus why when the money dried up, her love for you did so too. she is only loyal to MONEY!

your 3rd MISTAKE is to fail to understand what happened this morning. the olosho that you are dating is telling you that you should allow her to go on date with men who wanna fukc her (aka openly disrespect you and/or your relationship), simply because she has bills to pay.... so she is telling you that, she needs to go sell her toto to pay them bills.

the FINAL MISTAKE .... the babe is telling you openly that she is on offer to the highest bidder, and she is trying to make it look like ITS YOUR FAULT BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO MONEY... while it is indeed your fault, but not because you have no money....it is your fault because you went ahead to date an olosho and even when she clearly showed you the type of "animal" that she is (aka wanting to go on dates with men who wanna fukc her, because of money) you still wanna continue dating this "yeye goldigging animal"

abeg, count your blessings and get rid of that animal ASAP!

8 Likes

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Foodqueen(f): 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
For now, that girl isn't seeing anyone.

She just want u to up your game.

1 Like

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
lol I’m always happy when simps learn the hard way

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by ItisWell22(f): 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kriss216:

I love that you didn't stop her from Hoeing. It shows you're three steps ahead of her.

She may think she's playing smart with you but she didn't know she's only fooling herself.

She actually knows he’s steps ahead of her, reason why she’s acting uncomfortable.

Op’s seemingly nonchalant attitude is causing her unrest.

Brokeandnolove:

She started complaining that I wanted to ruin her weekend by giving her attitude when I could have easily said no to her request. I just ignored her and left the house to see a friend.
Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Rokiat(f): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Well even Davido said it, when money enter love is sweater.

And if you no get money, hide your face I hide my face

Make another man pikin', run my race.

It is what it is nigga don’t hate the player hate the game.

Men don't date potentially beautiful women so why should women date potential? Smart women go for already made men. And broke men like to Called those women gold diggers. tongue

4 Likes

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Bintabisiriyu2: 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
i feel like this op wants to commit suicide, look at the heading sef? you already insulted yourself and ego join to the hurt the girl gave you.

Please don't kill yourself oh and don't join the bandwagon of hurt guys hurting girls in return.

it's not your fault o, heal and stop killing your ego by yourself,please change that heading, e get why, stay away from materialistic gold diggers like jennyclay and rokiat etc.
Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by 24SEVEN: 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Brokeandnolove:
Before now, I thought that not all Nigerian girls are materialistic like we are made to believe, but a recent experience with my girlfriend made me rethink that particular conception.

I've been dating her for a little over a year now, and asides from normal relationship disputes, we have been cool. I met her when I was jobless and broke, and the relationship wasn't meant to happen because neither of us wanted a relationship then. We somehow clicked and started dating.

I got a job that pays 150k soon after, plus other small side gigs. She never put a strain on my pocket because I give whatever I feel whenever I feel like it. She hardly demands stuff, and I felt l just found myself a gem.

Rich guys hover around her like vultures over a carcass, but she stayed faithful, or so I thought. My company started experiencing difficulties towards the end of last year, and my salary was no longer consistent. At one point, I was owed three months' pay.

Due to the cash crunch, I could no longer give even the changes I used to give her. A bestie of hers that wasn't in the picture suddenly appeared after he started doing fraud and picked some mega bucks. He started getting her gifts and promising her heaven and earth to get her.

She's currently about write her final exams, and she has a list of stuff that she needs for graduation, which I promised her that I would be able to get her just two out of her list. Recently she went out with two guys within four days, and they were all yahoo looking guys with Benz and the likes. When I tried cautioning her of the dangers of associating herself with such people and how I was uncomfortable with her going out with random guys, she angrily said that I couldn't sort her bills and was still stopping her from going out with people that could sort it out for her. She kept referencing how she was not gaining anything from being a good girl while other girls that weren't half as beautiful as she was cashing out from guys.

She came over for the weekend, and just yesterday, she asked if I could allow her to go for an Easter outing with a friend today; I told her it's insulting to go see a guy from my place, but she saw nothing wrong with it.

I told her she was free to go and started dressing up to leave the house. I never felt so insulted in my life, I already ended the relationship in my mind for her to even have the effontry to make such a proposition.

I used to think that she was different but just realized that most girls aren't contended which pushes them to do all sort of rubbish cos of money. SMH

Give me her number. I'd like to be her friend. undecided
Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by emmaodet: 1:51am On Apr 10, 2023
Brokeandnolove:

Lol
Sitting her down, advising etc are all qualities of a broke man.
In a relationship with a woman as a man, if you are broke, the headaches attached to it is much.
You will always be a philosopher in the relationship. Quietly receiving insults regularly while you try as much as possible to amend the relationship. Your partner will be giving the I don't care attitude of if the relationship crumble, it crumbles because she has many options.

In this life, the eyes of broke men will see shegeee in relationships.
They won't have a choice than to keep lowering their standards just to accommodate a woman's rubbish and enduring stupid stupid things.
They can't even afford to make mistakes or go out of track like having affairs outside. It will be a game over for them.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by emmaodet: 2:05am On Apr 10, 2023
Bahamas95:
OP don't let it bother you, just allow her go and NEVER come back..... Even though women these days are materialistic there're still few good ones out there.

Yes, there are still few out there but it can/will never go around.
Infact, the population is so low that for every 20 men that marry, only 1 will be fortunate to have 1 good one with rest of mind and that number is really bad enough.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by emmaodet: 2:41am On Apr 10, 2023
Rubbiish:

Omoh what did I just read?
This is the highest form of disrespect!
Is that how low u have become?
I mean ur girl telling u to ur face she is going to sleep with another guy? She didn't even respect u enough to lie about it like she is going to see her family or some lie of sort? Has she been the one feeding u lately? This was very disrespectful!

You don't even know what is happening in today's relationships.
If you are broke, your eye go see weeeenn!!
Subtle insults like your woman picking a man's call in your presence, telling you she is going out or a party without your approval. Despite saying No she still goes ahead etc. E plenty bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by dopedan(m): 7:13am On Apr 10, 2023
emmaodet:

You don't even know what is happening in today's relationships.
If you are broke, your eye go see weeeenn!!
Subtle insults like your woman picking a man's call in your presence, telling you she is going out or a party without your approval. Despite saying No she still goes ahead etc. E plenty bro
Wetin broke men don see for this life, mouth no fit talk am
Everyone will make you feel less of a man and that will lead to depression
You will question ‘love’

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by onumadu: 7:33am On Apr 10, 2023
@OP this your topic sha.
It should be the other way round: "Broke GIRLS don't deserve love"?
Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by IdeeEsperanza(m): 11:56am On Apr 10, 2023
I feel like I should comment and share my own story too,but I move.

Sorry, OP.

A) She never loved you
B) She loved you but later switched
C) None of the above

🚶🏾‍♂️
Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Treassured: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2023
Everyone actually deserves Love.

Sorry to hear about your Ordeal. With regards to your Gurl, I don't actually like pointing fingers and Judging people though.

The thing Is finding a faithful partner among most of the Nigerian Young Men/Ladies nowadays Is very tasking, Most especially The Gen Z.

Personally, I usually distance mysef from most GenZ because I'm from the early Gen Y. I only relate with very few reasonable ones among them. It's not like I despise them but I did so for the sake of my Mental Health and I also understand their habits and how they reason.

I advise you practice humility and go for a matured and responsible working class lady.

10 Likes

Re: I Just Realized Broke Guys Don't Deserve Love by Acidosis(m): 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2023
Your life has taken this turn because you tried to play the role of a parent, brother, and spouse to a lazy, poor, and jobless woman. You were nothing but a common boyfriend!

The kind of load your parents and her parents could not carry, you decided to carry it because some iTunes fraudsters and ritualists drive benz?? What is your business with her graduation list?

An hopelessly impoverished fresh graduate should seek for ways to create a beautiful CV rather than composing and distributing graduation lists to cultists and pathetic mugus.

How many poor male students have you seen celebrate their graduation, especially those with third class and 2:2? Stop raising entitled monsters in the name of "love". A poor fella (male, female, or trans) with prolly a bad certificate should be reflecting, not dancing in graduation gown.

Na you play yourself, sir. So go ahead and delete the title of this thread. Nothing about it makes sense.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child / How Do You Feel When You Bed Wet As An Adult? It Is A True Life Happening. / What My Wife Told Me Before Agagu’s Corpse Plane Crash –– Husband Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.