Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game (80357 Views)

Lampard Records The Worst Point-Per-Game of any Manager Under The Abramovich Era / Coronavirus: NPFL Clubs To Pay N2.5 Million Per Game For Tests / See How Much Referees Are Paid In The Top Five European Leagues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by gsmgold: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
They can fix matches. It's small...
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by anayolity: 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny.have u converted it to naira?do u know how many games they officiate in three months?do u know abt allowances?

Small thing Una don start silly conversion
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by BarrElChapo(m): 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny.have u converted it to naira?do u know how many games they officiate in three months?do u know abt allowances?

Are you dumb or what ? Is Naira the legal tender in the United Kingdom? 🤡🤡
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by BarrElChapo(m): 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
anayolity:

Small thing Una don start silly conversion

Nna Ike gwuru
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by AsaBlackheart(m): 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
internationalman:
Too small compared to what players received weekly. I mean most of these referees cover more ground on the pitch than some of my darlin Chelsea players like Lotus Cheek and Kai Harvertz.

They are lucky I ain't a referee. I would have been making up for this meager salary by influencing the match I'm going to officiate. All I would have had to do was give money to someone else to stake on the match I'm officiating.. I would influence the result in favour of my bet in the least noticeable way.

Different contracts. Player wages are calculated per week. Not per game. Keep in mind that players also have to undergo training sessions, special diets, commercial deals et cetera. They don't just play ball weekly
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by lereinter(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Really?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by enobongalfred: 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by sylva1(m): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
Why converting into naira when their bills are not paid in Naira? Whats wrong with Nigerians with converting every earnings to naira?

Septagon:
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by beejay85: 9:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Ain't this too small compared to footballers', knowing they both run same race around the pitch…

Modified: To those quoting me asking which race are they running around the pitch?

Let's be honest, referees run along with the ball.
If they don't then it's not a match they're refereeing.

Normal if they have other businesses or source of income, but still it's still quite low compared to footballers'.
Honest review from u as per the ref's run arounds on d pitch...
Watch a match a few month ago where d ref pulled an Armstring....game got delayed for close to 20 mins before a replacement took over....the pay is cool but can be better

1 Like

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Inali: 9:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
are you normal? Do they spend naira in the UK? Or are they Nigerians?

Una go just dey talk like okpo
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by pafo(m): 10:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:

Do they buy their things or pay their rents in naira? Don't let naija poverty enter you head too much bro. Naira no be money.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Raymeskey:

Despite that the trouble is much compare to the Players earnings.
You talked about hobby, what about those that take bribe are they not passionate about their hobby?
They deserve better especially the EPL Refs
it's hobby.. some of these refs are very Rich and ok... In Nigeria u have Army generals who referee NPFL... Those who collect bribes aren't passionate about it... Referee work is part time hobby Honor work...
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Raymeskey:

Despite that the trouble is much compare to the Players earnings.
You talked about hobby, what about those that take bribe are they not passionate about their hobby?
They deserve better especially the EPL Refs
it's hobby.. some of these refs are very Rich and ok... In Nigeria u have Army generals who referee NPFL... Those who collect bribes aren't passionate about it... Referee work is part time hobby Honor work... And one is advise to start early and grow in it
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Qasim6:

And a football match can hold without referee?

Ref were paid what is right to them,player signed contract
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by izubext007: 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Portugal league wey nobody dey watch earn pass english league of all fans
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by mayo47(m): 11:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Do they spend in naira?

Septagon:
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by icedbreez(m): 11:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
EPL fall my hand, the least!!
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by donmik: 11:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
4300 euros is over #1m.
That's good. Afterall, they 're not the ones we watch.
This issue is psychological sha
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by effido666: 12:05am On Apr 10, 2023
Hw much is 4,500 euro in naira ?[ kissquote author=Raymeskey post=122396896]Is this what the Refs are earning with all the troubles in EPL?

If this is true, it's too small[/quote]
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by MrFly(m): 12:23am On Apr 10, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Ain't this too small compared to footballers', knowing they both run same race around the pitch…

Modified: To those quoting me asking which race are they running around the pitch?

Normal if they have other businesses or source of income, but still it's still quite low compared to footballers'.
the least paid ref earns at least 500k per match without dribbling or tackling an opponent. How much are u paid 4 working 24days a month? Good pay
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by OvertheTop(m): 12:27am On Apr 10, 2023
Raymeskey:
Is this what the Refs are earning with all the troubles in EPL?

If this is true, it's too small

and TAX go still collected Half of that Money
Wahala Pro max
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Raymeskey: 1:28am On Apr 10, 2023
effido666:
Hw much is 4,500 euro in naira ?[ kissquote author=Raymeskey post=122396896]Is this what the Refs are earning with all the troubles in EPL?

Will they spend the money in ₦?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by madampresh(f): 4:04am On Apr 10, 2023
Good for them.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Hychineson(m): 4:17am On Apr 10, 2023
Westerhoffe:

and they must complete the 90 minutes without being substituted.

1 Like

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by pps1759(m): 5:09am On Apr 10, 2023
[quote author=internationalman post=122397154]Too small compared to what players received weekly. I mean most of these referees cover more ground on the pitch than some of my darlin Chelsea players like Lotus Cheek and Kai Harvertz.

They are lucky I ain't a referee. I would have been making up for this meager salary by influencing the match I'm going to officiate. All I would have had to do was give money to someone else to stake on the match I'm officiating.. I would influence the result in favour of my bet in the least noticeable way.[/
They are aware and that is why we can't go far on int stage.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Charlie2020(f): 5:22am On Apr 10, 2023
What of Nigeria?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by fevor79890: 5:27am On Apr 10, 2023
Good post, very well written. If you need help writing an equally good post, article, https://ukmenuprice.today/creams-cafe-menu-prices/
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by omoadeleye(m): 5:31am On Apr 10, 2023
Septagon:

Stop giving yourself headache by converting every hard currency to Naira.

Must you covert every money to Naira?

Why not convert naira to Zimbabwe Dollars if you are only concerned about the figures and not the value.

Maybe they are coming to Nigeria to spend the pound.

You people need to change orientation.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Tundex911: 5:50am On Apr 10, 2023
Aside from the Cards been awarded per game

Issokay
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by davibid: 6:11am On Apr 10, 2023
Raymeskey:
Is this what the Refs are earning with all the troubles in EPL?

Every country has their ref. ranking and I doubt if that guy is among top 5 EPL refs. How many matches have you seen the man officiated even? Until I see the likes of Mr. Mark, Taylor, Friend etc before I can compare, besides the other guys top refs in their respective leagues hence the charge isn’t surprising.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Intl Stadium Opening – PROGRAMME OF EVENT / Croatian President Stormed Stadium To Watch Croatia Vs Russia Match / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.