Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game (80353 Views)

Lampard Records The Worst Point-Per-Game of any Manager Under The Abramovich Era / Coronavirus: NPFL Clubs To Pay N2.5 Million Per Game For Tests / See How Much Referees Are Paid In The Top Five European Leagues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by hardbody: 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2023
internationalman:
Too small compared to what players received weekly. I mean most of these referees cover more ground on the pitch than some of my darlin Chelsea players like Lotus Cheek and Kai Harvertz.

They are lucky I ain't a referee. I would have been making up for this meager salary by influencing the match I'm going to officiate. All I would have had to do was give money to someone else to stake on the match I'm officiating.. I would influence the result in favour of my bet in the least noticeable way.

If there is no attempt at goal you can't manufacture one. It is not as easy as it sounds grin grin grin
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Moutine(m): 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ok ay
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Bahamas95(m): 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
These English people are truly very stingy. shocked

With all the money in the EPL their referees are still the least paid......Nawa o.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Expanse2020(m): 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
Abeg wetin 9ja referee they earn compiared other African countries

obembet:
Officials at the top end of the game receive a lot of negative attention from managers and media, but how much do they earn for their troubles?

Being a referee is one of the most difficult jobs in football. Every decision you make is analysed and scrutinised by managers, players and fans.

Even the addition of Video Assistant Referees (VAR) has not made things easier, with plenty of controversy surrounding the new technology designed to limit mistakes.

Some of the Premier League's best known referees have gone on to officiate in World Cups and European Championships, with Howard Webb becoming the first person to referee both the Champions League final and the World Cup final in the same year.

Source: https://twitter.com/FrankKhalidUK/status/1644918071176450048?t=zYwJdy0XXVVEQAUwjGXVEg&s=19
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by richmond500: 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Ain't this too small compared to footballers', knowing they both run same race around the pitch…

Modified: To those quoting me asking which race are they running around the pitch?

Let's be honest, referees run along with the ball.
If they don't then it's not a match they're refereeing.

Normal if they have other businesses or source of income, but still it's still quite low compared to footballers'.
people do not pay to watch referees, if na only referee, football will not be lucrative
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Calicoe: 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
internationalman:
Too small compared to what players received weekly. I mean most of these referees cover more ground on the pitch than some of my darlin Chelsea players like Lotus Cheek and Kai Harvertz.

They are lucky I ain't a referee. I would have been making up for this meager salary by influencing the match I'm going to officiate. All I would have had to do was give money to someone else to stake on the match I'm officiating.. I would influence the result in favour of my bet in the least noticeable way.

I'm very sure they do it
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Omolomo4eva(m): 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
What of our own NPFL refs?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by SenatePresdo(m): 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Ain't this too small compared to footballers', knowing they both run same race around the pitch…

Modified: To those quoting me asking which race are they running around the pitch?

Let's be honest, referees run along with the ball.
If they don't then it's not a match they're refereeing.

Normal if they have other businesses or source of income, but still it's still quite low compared to footballers'.

Refs have career outside football.

During weekdays, they don't attend to trainings that normal footballers attend at least 5 times in a week. Making them free to Pursue other things.

Imagine a footballer that left all his life Educational career at the age of 15 to become a professional footballer.
And then retire Before the age of 40, meanwhile Referees can even be 60 years and still officiating.

When these footballers retire, do you still expect them to go back to school and become a Lawyer, Doctor or an Economist.

They give all their life to football, only to play for a very short period of time, so they deserve the pay.

Referees don't leave their family and travel to far away country and live there like footballers.

There is no pressure to perform, and there is no scare to lose form.
No risk of Hazard like injuries.

And lastly, clubs pay footballers, and FA pays referees.
Club has more money than FA, so you can't expect FA to pay Referees what clubs pays their players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Calicoe: 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
Expanse2020:
Abeg wetin 9ja referee they earn compiared other African countries

E no go pass 50k a month by npl
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Qasim6(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny.have u converted it to naira?do u know how many games they officiate in three months?do u know abt allowances?

What do u mean by converting it to naira??
Are they coming to Nigeria to spend their earnings?

You should check out the cost of living in those countries
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Qasim6(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Fans did not pay to watch referee

And a football match can hold without referee?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by jokerphilics(m): 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
internationalman:

And that is why we pray you never become one so as not to spoil our darling game for us amin
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by AlwaysPositive: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
internationalman:

Bad guys grin grin grin
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Dee04(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
I wonder o
marveledje:
You guys should stop comparing with players salary... Is it the referees that fans pay thousands of pounds to come and watch or the players

Y don't you guys just take in information wisely and stop grumbling and complaining at every chance you get..
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by tctrills: 8:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
obembet:
Officials at the top end of the game receive a lot of negative attention from managers and media, but how much do they earn for their troubles?

Being a referee is one of the most difficult jobs in football. Every decision you make is analysed and scrutinised by managers, players and fans.

Even the addition of Video Assistant Referees (VAR) has not made things easier, with plenty of controversy surrounding the new technology designed to limit mistakes.

Some of the Premier League's best known referees have gone on to officiate in World Cups and European Championships, with Howard Webb becoming the first person to referee both the Champions League final and the World Cup final in the same year.

Source: https://twitter.com/FrankKhalidUK/status/1644918071176450048?t=zYwJdy0XXVVEQAUwjGXVEg&s=19
Oga being a ref is not in the top 50 most difficult jobs abeg let's be honest with our post.
Yes every job has its challenges but let's not pretend that there are not 100s of more difficult jobs.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by koskilala: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Wow, so laliga pays referees more than EPL? That's weird considering how much EPL makes , whatever the case dem still dey collect their cool cash sha.

On another note, check out the new oraimo freepod 4 with the awesome specs it carries, this is the real deal when it comes to earbuds right now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Proudlyomonna: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
BinamRex:

Convert it to naira? Are they going to come to Nigeria to spend the money?

Asin this kin talk tire me sef.

1 Like

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Btruth: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
No wonder.... I knew of a lady referee @ Tanke Primary School playing field, Tanke, Ilorin. She earn N2,000 per match. 🙁
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by LordErrk: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny.have u converted it to naira?

Olodo
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by ProblemChild1: 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
Shellsploit:
I can bet with my left auricle that Nigeria premiere league referees wont earn up to N18,500 (39$) per match angry
18,500 sef na lucky grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by LZAA: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
The funny thing is this is just per game
Refs also earn yearly salaries and bonuses too grin grin
They are not poor by any means
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by LZAA: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
koskilala:
Wow, so laliga pays referees more than EPL? That's weird considering how much EPL makes , whatever the case dem still dey collect their cool cash sha.
The PL has a large pool to draw referees from
La liga does not hence the high fee
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by stigman(m): 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny.have u converted it to naira?do u know how many games they officiate in three months?do u know abt allowances?

Do they spend in naira? It's small bro, the are many
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by koskilala: 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
LZAA:

The PL has a large pool to draw referees from
La liga does not hence the high fee
okay, fair point.

1 Like

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Neddyogu(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
adisabarber:

Refereeing is a hobby, playing football is a profession. Most referees have other sources of livelihood

So there are no professional referees?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by koskilala: 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
tctrills:

Oga being a ref is not in the top 50 most difficult jobs abeg let's be honest with our post.
Yes every job has its challenges but let's not pretend that there are not 100s of more difficult jobs.
lol, it can't even be in the top 100 grin
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by blkmum700: 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
How on earth is that referee from Spain earning more , that man is not a good referee,I hate to see in a match.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by WhereMyLoud: 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
Nigeria nkor?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by AMI3(m): 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
No wonder players dey insult refs like mahd. Chai this life no balance
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by 77up(m): 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
are they spending it in naira? Typical nigerian reasoning 😂
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by OLENS: 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
Raymeskey:
Is this what the Refs are earning with all the troubles in EPL?

If this is true, it's too small
E shock me Sha ooo.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Raymeskey: 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
referee work is more of hobby they all have their professions apart from the referee work...
Despite that the trouble is much compare to the Players earnings.
You talked about hobby, what about those that take bribe are they not passionate about their hobby?
They deserve better especially the EPL Refs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Intl Stadium Opening – PROGRAMME OF EVENT / Croatian President Stormed Stadium To Watch Croatia Vs Russia Match / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.