Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. (5516 Views)

My Take On The BBC Documentary On TB Joshua / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by PointB: 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Mented man desperately went to look for something that suits him

Quoting from Wiki as you'll see in the images below

Have you tried to research the source of the New Testament works? Did you know about the Council of Nicea?

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2023
PointB:

Have you tried to research the source of the New Testament works? Did you know about the Council of Nicea?

I know about all that
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2023
PointB:

I don't know why you are so confused.

Maybe you should not muddle up everything together.

I'm not mentioning the 1st Joshua here, rather the 2nd Joshua which was renamed Jesus,

When the second Joshua was renamed Jesus, how did they know that the God of Israel approve that his son's name be changed from Joshua to Jesus? Mind you in the same bible, the 1st Joshua's name was not changed to Jesus, he lived and died as Joshua.

I will come back to the second part of your post later. I don't want you confused.

All your points have no relevance
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

Who is the father of james?
And who are his brothers grin
Y’all were first called Chrestian in antioch in what century?

The historical James or mythical James?
The historical Chrestians or mythical ones?
Historical or forged Antioch?

Maynment
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

Mary and Joseph in the jospehus book you are using to defend Iesus chrestus.
Does Josephus write myths?

Josephus was a Chrestian, he knew no Iesus chrestus, jospehus was talking about judas of Galilee.

Which Mary and Joseph comes to mind?
Who is Mary and who is Joseph that you're mentioning?

Ment
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

Your authors of New Testament used Josephus work to write its story.

No historian talked about Iesus chrestus.

All 4 historians wrote or referenced the existence of Jesus

Is it the historical Iesus Chrestus or the historical one?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

All 4 historians wrote or referenced the existence of Jesus

Is it the historical Iesus Chrestus or the historical one?

All this back and fort insult would have been avoided if you presented one person ..just one person who saw him and wrote about it...is it not sad, that the "son of God" would make an appearance and nobody saw him...?

Even if they don't believe in him, what did they say about him. You can't tell me that all the people who are from the 5 leaves and two fish, no one deemed it necessary to write about him...

All what we have are all stories written by anonymous authors. ...

Put this argument to rest by providing just one article from somebody who actually saw him..

And you win the argument..technical knockout

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
sonmvayina:

All this back and fort insult would have been avoided if you presented one person ..just one person who saw him and wrote about it...is it not sad, that the "son of God" would make an appearance and nobody saw him...?

Even if they don't believe in him, what did they say about him. You can't tell me that all the people who are from the 5 leaves and two fish, no one deemed it necessary to write about him...

All what we have are all stories written by anonymous authors. ...

Put this argument to rest by providing just one article from somebody who actually saw him..

And you win the argument..technical knockout

This African traditional jew has come with his nonsense

For you understanding, there are people who wrote about him but you won't believe. Which one will you believe?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 5:17pm On Apr 11, 2023
You see, God already provided the Israelites with laws so that they live in peace..asper sin, he already provided a solution....confess and forsake I would forgive...and remember your sins no more...I don't think there is any where he ever said he was sending a "son" to come and change his laws and die for sins...No where.
I still don't know where the Romans got that idea from..

But from the little I could gather, I discovered that the people called Christians/chrestisns where actually worshippers of Serapis....and Rome added their ideology at the back of the Jewish holy book to give it some credibility and for propaganda...so sad. They have succeeded in deceiving the world.....

So so sad....to say the least..
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

This African traditional jew has come with his nonsense

For you understanding, there are people who wrote about him but you won't believe. Which one will you believe?

Just post it here...

I will believe he actually existed....

Then we can start discussing what he thought his followers.

What is the name of the person who saw him and heard him talk...

What did he say about him...no need to deflat
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
sonmvayina:

Just post it here...

What is the name of the person who saw him and heard him talk...

What did he say about him...no need to deflat

His name is Balabu bulaba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

His name is Balabu bulaba

I thought as much..

Just tell Maynman that no body actually saw him and you are not even sure if he existed or not, but you choose to believe.....

He will have a better understanding of you...

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
sonmvayina:

I thought as much..

Just tell Maynman that no body actually saw him and you are not even sure if he existed or not, but you choose to believe.....

He will have a better understanding of you...

When you hear of Muhammad, which source to knowing that person comes to mind? What about Confucuis?
If someone wants to know about Jesus Christ (arguably the most influential man of all time), there's where to get to know him and secular historians prove he existed
We are talking about a person that existed about 2000 years ago. How many books do you know was written that period.
Besides, he was a religious figure, not a popular warrior or king that we can expect to see scores of writings that talked about him and he only walked around the Palestinian region
You don't believe in the NT, but you want another source to give proofs of Jesus Christ and his activity
Shame on you
You and Maynment are twins

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

When you hear of Muhammad, which source to knowing that person comes to mind? What about Confucuis?
If someone wants to know about Jesus Christ (arguably the most influential man of all time), there's where to get to know him and secular historians prove he existed
We are talking about a person that existed about 2000 years ago. How many books do you know was written that period.
Besides, he was a religious figure, not a popular warrior or king that we can expect to see scores of writings that talked about him and he only walked around the Palestinian region
You don't believe in the NT, but you want another source to give proofs of Jesus Christ and his activity
Shame on you
You and Maynment are twins

Looks like you are dumb..

How can somebody who raise the dead

Fed thousand of people with 2 fish and 5 bread

Walked on water

Heal the sick

And nobody wrote anything about all of these?

Common man....

And on top of that, he is a son of God. God did not tell people, like he talked to Moses or Aaron....nobody knew...
All we have are stories written 300+ years later...

Noooo, something does not add up..

FYI God already gave the Israelites his laws.
He never said anything like sending his son to earth...or did he??
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2023
sonmvayina:

Looks like you are dumb..

How can somebody who raise the dead

Fed thousand of people with 2 fish and 5 bread

Walked on water

Heal the sick

And nobody wrote anything about all of these?

Common man....

And on top of that, he is a son of God. God did not tell people, like he talked to Moses or Aaron....nobody knew...
All we have are stories written 300+ years later...

Noooo, something does not add up..

FYI God already gave the Israelites his laws.
He never said anything like sending his son to earth...or did he??

So someone will pick up professional writing cos of just one man right?
Even if there was, it's about 2000 years now
U are very dumb

Have you not read right from the garden of eden when he promised to send the SEED? Same promise to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon, etc but the identity of that seed was a mystery

The Bible foretold his birth as from a virgin and he was to have everlasting rulership and destroying God's enemies and bringing everlasting blessings to obedient mankind and also put to death to pay for transgressions

And yes, the Bible mentions that it was to be a Son of God. You have not read Psalms 2. Have you?

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

What proof do you have that Jesus does not exist?
Even secular historian made mention of Jesus and his disciples work. Same historian made mention of Caeser and Pilate
Josephus deposition is a lie

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2023
jaephoenix:

Josephus deposition is a lie

MAYNMENT said Josephus deposition if for Judas the Galilean
You say everything is a lie

Atheista are really naive
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Lol
Provide evidence to prove your claims from a RELIABLE source
I hope you are also aware that I mentioned Roman and Jewish historians
What about the Roman historians 'deposition (and these ones had a very negative view of Jesus and the disciple)
These are from academic sources
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cambridgescholars.com/resources/pdfs/978-1-5275-5527-3-sample.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiN_Jq7qqL-AhVJC-wKHRu6BtkQFnoECCsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3jFvOPGD5RXg0aUigDlJ1_
The above is a pdf. Read up if you can (which I doubt you will)

https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/7437

Check this too.
There are many sources but I chose those that are more credible
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

So someone will pick up professional writing cos of just one man right?
Even if there was, it's about 2000 years now
U are very dumb

Have you not read right from the garden of eden when he promised to send the SEED? Same promise to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon, etc but the identity of that seed was a mystery

The Bible foretold his birth as from a virgin and he was to have everlasting rulership and destroying God's enemies and bringing everlasting blessings to obedient mankind and also put to death to pay for transgressions

And yes, the Bible mentions that it was to be a Son of God. You have not read Psalms 2. Have you?

As you make your claim post the relevant quote form the Jewish scriptures so we can confirm...

Psalm 2 is not a prophecy. It is a song written by David and given to the choirmaster to be sung during service.

I don't see any jesus there....how did you pull that out?

God is not a prophet, he can't prophesy about a seed. As the eternal creator of the universe, he was making his judgement....

The virgin birth you and Maxindhouse quote is about Isaiah's son who was a sign for King Ahaz....it was a bout a way that was coming. It was an assurance for the king that his kingdom will not be over run...

So learn to read in context..

All these problem will not arrise.
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You're not making sense
If, for example, Jesus were alive today and a Bible writer wrote about him and mentioned the names of notable persons that were ruling e.g, Buhari and Sanwoolu and where they ruled and the dates they ruled and some important events that happened during their rulership
Then 2000 years later, people say Jesus did not exists but secular Nigerian historians wrote about Jesus Christ and his activity, there are also coins and stones that were found to show that Buhari and Sanwoolu existed at a particular time period and some important things happened, corroborating what the Bible writers wrote, only a ignorant fool will still go ahead to doubt it.
Nobody claims that Confucius (who lived in earth long before Jesus came) existed, nobody says that prophet Muhammed did not exist yet it is Jesus they WISH and want to believe did not exists yet he is now the most influential figure of all time down to our day and even his words have become the key to most of the rights we enjoy today.
Pilate, Lysanias, Herod Agrippa, Gamaliel, Caiaphas, Caeser, and the First Roman registration (census) @ all historically proven including how criminals were punished yet you want to be blind. I wonder how people reason even in this 21st century and it's a pity they claim to be wise when they are very foolish
1. I just prove to you the secular authors' posts were faked.
2. If Jesus was indeed a historical figure that even did wonders, raised from the dead etc, do you think there would be a dispute to his existence? Hitler, Washington, Gandhi all lived before us, but many books(not just one) , texts, articles were written about them without disputes.
3. The Bible is popular because Emperor Constantine of Rome slaughtered many non believers and people that refused christianity ,and imposed Christianity on many countries. It turned out they exported it to the Anglo Saxons(present day UK) who spread it to the US, which later became a world power. Thus christianity became more popular. If China(who is suspected to be the next world power) becomes powerful, christianity would be a minority. So just chill
4. Please how did the Bible give us the rights we enjoy today?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Yours is even worse
What has a change in spelling or pronunciation of names (due to language) got to do with Jesus Christ existence?
I am Emmanuel, I can't go to Spain or France and expect that it is spelt or pronounced that way.
Mention one name in the bible that it's spelling and pronunciation is same everywhere
The images you see of Jesus Christ does not accurately depict what he look like
There is no image or picture of anyone that lived 2000 years ago, so Jesus is not the first
If Jesus were painted black, you will still complain
1. this is even worse than the other reply.
2. Did the name Jesus change from English to another language? The Spanish, Portuguese, Italian etc call him jesus, so this point is completely stupid. Obviously the point he made was lost on you. He said the name Jesus was not in any text many centuries ago, thus couldn’t have been in the Bible.
2. Actually many images of people or animals living more than 5000 years ago can be captured

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2023
jaephoenix:

These are from academic sources
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cambridgescholars.com/resources/pdfs/978-1-5275-5527-3-sample.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiN_Jq7qqL-AhVJC-wKHRu6BtkQFnoECCsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3jFvOPGD5RXg0aUigDlJ1_
The above is a pdf. Read up if you can (which I doubt you will)

https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/7437

Check this too.
There are many sources but I chose those that are more credible

Stupid source
I hear someone say the current president is not Buhari but one Jubrin of Sudan
How do I find the TRUTH?
Is it by reading articles of those that claim it is not Buhari but Jubrin

I am not surprised that you'll go and find such things just as Maynment went to find a book that talks about the activity of a group of people that lived long before Jesus came and worshiped one pagan god and he said those people were the Christians when he Mented brain won't tell him that Christians then had nothing to do with paganism or gods.

What Jaephoenix, the ape doctor does not know is that Josephus was NEVER a Christian or Christian apologist. Some of what he wrote seems to have been altered a bit but he has given evidence that Jesus and John the Baptiser existed
I won't be surprised if you say that Tacitus soeticus and Pliny works were also lies

Atheists think backwards
One said Jesus is not existent only cos of difference in name spelling
Another complained about his color as seen in books
Maynment is just attacking every evidence even contradicting himself
He said Josephus only acknowledge Judas
You say Josephus was lying

The second link you dropped, even the title of the article will tell you that it is a negative one
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

When you hear people say that Ronaldo is the best player ever, who comes to mind? The Portuguese Ronaldo or the Brazilian Ronaldo? Can't the two both exists?
There are also two Josephs in the bible
One was a prime minister in Egypt and the other was the adoptive father of Jesus.
Two people can bear same name
Anyhow you wan pronounce or call Jesus, we know who we refer to
Again his point flies over your head. Hes trying to tell you that why were the 2 Joshua distinguished in the Bible? There are in fact 3 Josephs in the Bible, but none was changed. Why was this Joshua/Yeshua changed to Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah...we know religion is about faith, not facts.

I am in no way trying to stop you from believing what you believe. I can't take your faith away from you...

But just realise that it is about faith, Not facts...
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I have not seen Aristotle either or Alexander the great or Emperor Constantine. How did I know they exist?
Their history was covered copiously in different history books. Those books can be found in many historical institutions. Is it the same as Jesus? No. His history was found ONLY in the bible. The Qoran, which copied from the Bible, took his history too
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Your problem is that you reason backwards
Things fall apart nko, things jump together nii. Only a small child will think that the book was real history
Mention one significant event in the Bible that is fiction.
Kanye chose to do what he did makes the Bible false
Is Jesus owning you money that you're blowing hot?
Many events in the Bible have been found to be fiction. From the great flood, talking snakes and donkeys, virgin birth, resurrection etc
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
jaephoenix:

Their history was covered copiously in different history books. Those books can be found in many historical institutions. Is it the same as Jesus? No. His history was found ONLY in the bible. The Qoran, which copied from the Bible, took his history too

What else do you expect of a man, not a warrior or king but someone known for preaching n powerful works and only walked around Palestine?

Use your brain bri
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
sonmvayina:
Aemmyjah...we know religion is about faith, not facts.

I am in no way trying to stop you from believing what you believe. I can't take your faith away from you...

But just realise that it is about faith, Not facts...

End of case
That makes you gullible if you're a religious person
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

They all came from the Testimonium Flavionum, which was found to be falsified

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
jaephoenix:

Again his point flies over your head. Hes trying to tell you that why were the 2 Joshua distinguished in the Bible? There are in fact 3 Josephs in the Bible, but none was changed. Why was this Joshua/Yeshua changed to Jesus?

Show us where Yeshua or Joshua was changed to Jesus
The book you dismiss are mere myth is the same book you're asking foolish questions
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Pained person grin grin grin

MAYNMENT in pains
Blind fool that attacks Bible as myth and still use historical records to bash other groups
He brought up his biased shot of Josephus, I brought up mine and he's so sad, he can't refute it than to discredit the historian as a whole.
What about the Historian, Tacitus?
Bible has now turned from myth to a forged document
Ment indeed
The original Tacitus deposition mentioned about Christians(not Jesus) in a sentence.

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. this is even worse than the other reply.
2. Did the name Jesus change from English to another language? The Spanish, Portuguese, Italian etc call him jesus, so this point is completely stupid. Obviously the point he made was lost on you. He said the name Jesus was not in any text many centuries ago, thus couldn’t have been in the Bible.
2. Actually many images of people or animals living more than 5000 years ago can be captured

1. Your problem

2. How is the same name spelt and pronounced in the 3 main languages of Nigeria? Note that Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic was the main language of the people (Jews and Romans) at that time. Write Jesus name in those 3 languages and see which one is changed or not

3. Show us one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Gospel Has Already Been Preached To The Whole World / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. / Happy Palm Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.