Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. (5440 Views)

My Take On The BBC Documentary On TB Joshua / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:09am On Apr 11, 2023
[quote author=Maynman post=122441030][/quote]

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:11am On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

Unfortunate animal.

Y’all were first called Chrestian at antioch right?

Am I younger than you are?
Lemme share some knowledge with you son

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2023
[quote author=Aemmyjah post=122441404][/quote]
Tacitus was talking about “Chrestians”

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 11:13am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Am I younger than you are?
Lemme share some knowledge with you son

Y’all were first called Chrestian at antioch or where?

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:15am On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

The sources of this jesus text are from what?
All your sources are dubious.

Y’all were first called Chrestians at antioch.

Indeed, you don ment big time
Who wrote the book, The Four Tyrants VIII you are quoting from?
While I am quoting from real sources with real authorships, you just quote from from anywhere without any investigation
I even Google it and the nearest thing I see that talk about the book you quoted is hundreds of years before Jesus came to earth.

Brother Max, come and see where MAYNMENT has swallowed his own bait and shot himself in the head
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 11:17am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Indeed, you don ment big time
Who wrote the book, The Four Tyrants VIII you are quoting from?
While I am quoting from real sources with real authorships, you just quote from from anywhere without any investigation
I even Google it and the nearest thing I see that talk about the book you quoted is hundreds of years before Jesus came to earth.

Brother Max, come and see where MAYNMENT has swallowed his own bait and shot himself in the head
Indeed you are a worthless animal.
You posted a bunch of pictures, please send the link of your real sources with real authorship.

The suetonius you are quoting is from how many hundred of years?
The Tacitus you are quoting is from how many hundred of years?

Please send the link to your real sources.
Let’s look up yahweh through that link too.

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:21am On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

Jospehus was not talking about “christians”, there was nothing like that word then, you remember y’all were first called Chrestians at antioch.
They were talking about chrestians.

Tacitus wrote annals over 100 years after the incident had happen.

Mention the versions in your New Testament where jesus founded Christianity, just blabbing like an unfortunate animal.

This guy is indeed MENT
Antioch is not where their ACTIVITY began but where they first received their name.
You are childish in thinking
Jesus did not exists according to you but you make reference to the Christians. It is like me saying that John Mormon did not exists but I make reference to what the Mormons did
MAYNMENT

It was Lord Lugard girlfriend that gave out nation the name, Nigeria around 1960.
If I have a shallow understanding like you, I'll conclude that Nigeria only existed as a nation in that year but a well thinking person knows that Nigeria (the people) has been existing for thousands of years but ONLY got its distinctive name name around 1960. So it is a fool that will start to mention Nigeria existence beginning from that year.

MAYNMENT
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

This guy is indeed MENT
Antioch is not where their ACTIVITY began but where they first received their name.
You are childish in thinking
Jesus did not exists according to you but you make reference to the Christians. It is like me saying that John Mormon did not exists but I make reference to what the Mormons did
MAYNMENT

It was Lord Lugard girlfriend that gave out nation the name, Nigeria around 1960.
If I have a shallow understanding like you, I'll conclude that Nigeria only existed as a nation in that year but a well thinking person knows that Nigeria (the people) has been existing for thousands of years but ONLY got its distinctive name name around 1960. So it is a fool that will start to mention Nigeria existence beginning from that year.

MAYNMENT

What year was it in antioch?
You still don’t get it animal?
It was Agrippa ll a pagan that called you a Chrestian in antioch, before you guys, the word “Chrestian” already existed, he only referred it to you as that.
I didn’t make reference to christians, I made to “Chrestians”.

If you know your history, you will know christians evolve from Chrestians.

ANIMALJAH!

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by PointB: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Your problem is that you reason backwards
Things fall apart nko, things jump together nii. Only a small child will think that the book was real history
Mention one significant event in the Bible that is fiction.
Kanye chose to do what he did makes the Bible false
Is Jesus owning you money that you're blowing hot?

The meeting of Jesus and the adulterous woman where Jesus was quoted to have:

- Draw on the sand
- Ask the person who hasn't sinned to cast the first stone
- Told the woman I didn't condemn you
- Famously said "Go and sin no more"

Is very significant for Christianity. But this event is fiction. It was totally made up. It did not exist in the original manuscript for the book of John.

If you want more Bible fiction, ask nicely.

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:25am On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

Indeed you are a worthless animal.
You posted a bunch of pictures, please send the link of your real sources with real authorship.

The suetonius you are quoting is from how many hundred of years?
The Tacitus you are quoting is from how many hundred of years?

Please send the link to your real sources.
Let’s look up yahweh through that link too.

MAYNMENT
They said there is no proof that Jesus ever existed apart from what Bible writers 'forged'
Now you have jumped from Jesus existence to Christian interpolation to dates of the historians that wrote about Jesus.
Maybe if these historians were of the 20th century, you would have believed what they wrote as true about someone who existed about 2000 years ago.

MAYNMENT indeed
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:26am On Apr 11, 2023
PointB:

The meeting of Jesus and the adulterous woman where Jesus was quoted to have:

- Draw on the sand
- Ask the person who hasn't sinned to cast the first stone
- Told the woman I didn't condemn you
- Famously said "Go and sin no more"

Is very significant for Christianity. But this event is fiction. It was totally made up. It did not exist in the original manuscript for the book of John.

If you want more Bible fiction, ask nicely.

Many things were added to the Bible by some spurious writers. These includes verses, chapters and books as a whole but today, many translations have studied it and removed them. Go n rest
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:28am On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

What year was it in antioch?
You still don’t get it animal?
It was Agrippa ll a pagan that called you a Chrestian in antioch, before you guys, the word “Chrestian” already existed, he only referred it to you as that.
I didn’t make reference to christians, I made to “Chrestians”.

Agrippa lived in Antioch?

Maynment
So is Agrippa fiction or a real person?
Maynmented
If you know your history, you will know christians evolve from Chrestians.

ANIMALJAH!
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 11:28am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

MAYNMENT
They said there is no proof that Jesus ever existed apart from what Bible writers 'forged'
Now you have jumped from Jesus existence to Christian interpolation to dates of the historians that wrote about Jesus.
Maybe if these historians were of the 20th century, you would have believed what they wrote as true about someone who existed about 2000 years ago.

MAYNMENT indeed

Which “jesus” are you dumb?
Before jesus in your New Testament was born there was nobody bearing “jesus”?

We are talking about jesus in your New Testament, jesus as in Iesus chrestus doesn’t exist.

ANIMALJAH, you are a Chrestian. Do you know what’s funny? The Josephus you are quoting is also a Chrestian and he was writing about judas of Galilee that later became your Iesus chrestus in your New Testament.

Fool!

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by PointB: 11:30am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

When you hear people say that Ronaldo is the best player ever, who comes to mind? The Portuguese Ronaldo or the Brazilian Ronaldo? Can't the two both exists?
There are also two Josephs in the bible
One was a prime minister in Egypt and the other was the adoptive father of Jesus.
Two people can bear same name
Anyhow you wan pronounce or call Jesus, we know who we refer to

Looks like you're struggling with comprehension. May I suggest you drop your emotion somewhere so that the spirit of reasoning will flourish.

Let me rephrase:

There are two notable Joshua in the original account.

1. Joshua (Yeshua) who took over from Moses
2. Joshua (Yeshua) the messiah, son of Mary and Joseph

In 1524 or so, the letter J was invented. Bible editors decided to change the second Joshua (Yeshua) to Jesus, and left the first one. The question I ask is why?

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:31am On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

Which “jesus” are you dumb?
Before jesus in your New Testament was born there was nobody bearing “jesus”?

We are talking about jesus in your New Testament, jesus as in Iesus chrestus doesn’t exist.

ANIMALJAH, you are a Chrestian. Do you know what’s funny? The Josephus you are quoting is also a Chrestian and he was writing about judas of Galilee that later became your Iesus chrestus in your New Testament.

Fool!

See
Mumu
Even the Bible made mention of a certain Judas who tried to act as Messiah

You have not check Josephus works to confirm what you say
The person works you accuse of interpolation is what you are referring to?

Indeed, Signs of Maynment
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 11:34am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

See
Mumu
Even the Bible made mention of a certain Judas who tried to act as Messiah

You have not check Josephus works to confirm what you say
The person works you accuse of interpolation is what you are referring to?

Indeed, Signs of Maynment

See animal

All these you are mentioning about certain judas are getting from Josephus book, a Chrestian.
The early church fathers use his work to create the New Testament.

All the sources of josephus work we have now are gotten from Eusebius the master forger.

Josephus was writing about judas of Galilee, you can’t pick one interpolated line out of the whole thing to prove your messiah, read the whole book, imagine how hard is it to prove the person you are worshipping was real? Lol

Unfortunate sheep, Animaljah

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2023
PointB:

Looks like you're struggling with comprehension. May I suggest you drop your emotion somewhere so that the spirit of reasoning will flourish.

Let me rephrase:

There are two notable Joshua in the original account.

1. Joshua (Yeshua) who took over from Moses
2. Joshua (Yeshua) the messiah, son of Mary and Joseph

In 1524 or so, the letter J was invented. Bible editors decided to change the second Joshua (Yeshua) to Jesus, and left the first one. The question I ask is why?

J for Joseph
J for Jeremiah
J for Jacob
J for Jesus
J for Joel
J for Judas
J for James
J for John
J for Jehu

J in Elijah
J in Benjamin

All these names are ENGLISH not Hebrew

MAYNMENT is using so called interpolation and other stupid nonsense he's finding in the internet
You don't have problems with the other names except Jesus

Now, both of you should enter the ring and be arguing with each other
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by PointB: 11:35am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Many things were added to the Bible by some spurious writers. These includes verses, chapters and books as a whole but today, many translations have studied it and removed them. Go n rest

Have you checked your bible to confirm this portion has been removed? John 8: 1-11, go an verify.

Do you want more inaccuracies in the bible?

Let me ask one question:

According to the Bible, the Sun and Moon were created on the 4th Day. Earth of course was created in the beginning.

Now base on your understanding of science, which came first - Sun (our star) or Earth (our Planet)?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by PointB: 11:38am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

J for Joseph
J for Jeremiah
J for Jacob
J for Jesus
J for Joel
J for Judas
J for James
J for John
J for Jehu

J in Elijah
J in Benjamin

All these names are ENGLISH not Hebrew

MAYNMENT is using so called interpolation and other stupid nonsense he's finding in the internet
You don't have problems with the other names except Jesus

Now, both of you should enter the ring and be arguing with each other

What was the original name of your Jesus before letter J was invented in 1524, and why was it changed to Jesus. I'm particular about Jesus because of the claim that his name is above all other names. If a name is above all other name, should you just randomly change that name without reason?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2023
PointB:

Have you checked your bible to confirm this portion has been removed? John 8: 1-11, go an verify.

Do you want more inaccuracies in the bible?

Let me ask one question:

According to the Bible, the Sun and Moon were created on the 4th Day. Earth of course was created in the beginning.

Now base on your understanding of science, which came first - Sun (our star) or Earth (our Planet)?

I have checked my Bible and it HAS been REMOVED

LOL
THE sun and moon were created 'in the beginning' as part of the heavens
It only became visible on the '4th day'.
That verse on the fourth day did not used the Hebrew word, CREATE but MADE unlike the rest

Go and rest cos you are unlearnable but claim wise
Just as the Bible says the earth was created 'in the beginning' but everywhere was water. Only much later did the Dry Land appear.

Go and rest
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:45am On Apr 11, 2023
PointB:

What was the original name of your Jesus before letter J was invented in 1524, and why was it changed to Jesus. I'm particular about Jesus because of the claim that his name is above all other names. If a name is above all other name, should you just randomly change that name without reason?

Ask the same questions regarding the other names I listed na.

This is how the name is spelt
Go and ask these individual language groups why they don't spell it the way you say

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by PointB: 11:46am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I have checked my Bible and it HAS been REMOVED

LOL
THE sun and moon were created 'in the beginning' as part of the heavens
It only became visible on the '4th day'.

That verse on the fourth day did not used the Hebrew word, CREATE but MADE unlike the rest

Go and rest cos you are unlearnable but claim wise
Just as the Bible says the earth was created 'in the beginning' but everywhere was water. Only much later did the Dry Land appear.

Go and rest

Can you show me the bolded from Genesis or any other account. Or I should just believe you? And what is the difference btw 'made and create'? Can you tell me which bible variant you're using?

What is with you and 'go and rest'? Is it because the Hebrew deity aka God of Israel rested in 7th day?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 11:47am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Go and ask these individual language groups why they don't spell it the way you say
Thank you, and do you know jesus spoke Aramaic, and according to that your list? Jesus would have been called “isho” and not “yeshua.

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2023
PointB:

That is my assignment for yoh
Some names have letters I, G, C, J, Y for Jesus name. Go and be arguing with them na.

Your friend calls himself Maynman but if you read his comments well, you'll see that Maynment is more fitting for him. The spelling is different but both refers to same person

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:48am On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

Thank you, and do you know jesus spoke Aramaic, and according to that your list? Jesus would have been called “isho” and not “yeshua.

The fictional Jesus or the historical Jesus? grin cool

De play
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 11:49am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

That is my assignment for yoh
Some names have letters I, G, C, J, Y for Jesus name. Go and be arguing with them na.

Your friend calls himself Maynman but if you read his comments well, you'll see that Maynment is more fitting for him. The spelling is different but both refers to same person

Jesus in your New Testament would have spoken Aramaic, his name would have been “isho”.
We also know jesus is a TRANSLITERATION of Yeshua.

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by PointB: 11:49am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

So you don't know why for two people bearing the same name, one was changed to Jesus and the other left as Joshua in the same book? I don't really care about the other names. They are not names above all other names - Jesus is where my interest lies.

Why not admit that you don't know instead of throwing up meaningless links and innuendos?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:50am On Apr 11, 2023
PointB:

Can you show me the bolded from Genesis or any other account. Or I should just believe you? And what is the difference btw 'made and create'? Can you tell me which bible variant you're using?

What is with you and 'go and rest'? Is it because the Hebrew deity aka God of Israel rested in 7th day?

Go and read the Genesis account with mature understanding
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 11:50am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The fictional Jesus or the historical Jesus? grin cool

De play
The one in the New Testament.

You are only deceiving yourself worshipping Iesus chrestus awon ti isis chrestus cheesy

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:51am On Apr 11, 2023
PointB:

So you don't know why for two people bearing the same name, one was changed to Jesus and the other left as Joshua in the same book? I don't really care about the other names. They are not names above all other names - Jesus is where my interest lies.

Why not admit that you don't know instead of throwing up meaningless links and innuendos?

Ok

TO save my time, Jesus is actually Joshua or old testament.
I hope you're happy now
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:52am On Apr 11, 2023
Maynman:

Jesus in your New Testament would have spoken Aramaic, his name would have been “isho”.
We also know jesus is a TRANSLITERATION of Yeshua.

Mention one name in the bible that it is accurately spelt or pronounced the way it was when the character actually lived
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 11:52am On Apr 11, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Mention one name in the bible that it is accurately spelt or pronounced the way it was when the character actually lived

Everything is accurately spelt in the hebrew bible also known as tanakh used by judaism.
I wonder why Chrestians borrowed their book.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How To Brainwash The Christian Way. / Secret Of Jesus Resurrection And How To Resurrect Yourself / Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.