Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) (17216 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole & Uche Secondus Hug At The Tribunal (Photos) / Jubilation In Ede After Senator Adeleke's Victory At The Tribunal (Photos) / Olusola Eleka Challenges Fayemi’s Victory At Tribunal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by envoymedia: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
The Labour Party (LP) candidate in the March 18 Governorship election in Enugu State, Hon. Chijioke Edeoga, has submitted his petition at the Enugu State Elections Tribunal, IGBERETV reports.

The petition filed by Adegboyega Awomolo, SAN, was dated Thursday April 6th 2023.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the candidate of the Party, Peter Mbah, were listed in the petition as Respondents.

Edeoga stated that Mbah is not qualified to contest in the election. Edeoga is also challenging outcome of the election following irregularities that characterised the election.

Sharing photos of the petition on his Twitter handle, Edeoga wrote;

"Dearest Ndi-Enugu,
We remain committed to reclaiming the mandate freely given to us by you, which was stolen with no regard for the collective will of our people.
The world has its gaze fixed on our judiciary whose loyalty we believe lies with the Nigerian constitution.

"I use this medium to thank our supporters in Enugu and the OBIdient movement who has thrown their weight behind my candidacy in their varying capacities. I urge you all to remain calm and observant during this process, I believe the will of the people shall prevail.
Thank You."

https://twitter.com/chijioke_edeoga/status/1644625543499767809?t=eblstOdBXgvCI0piQ50LYQ&s=19

Peter Mbah of the PDP polled 160,895 vohijioke Edeoga of the Labour Party, who polled 157,552 votes.

https://igberetvnews.com/1442727/enugu-guber-edeoga-submits-petition-election-tribunal-photos/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by Billionaire2: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
People may not agree with me but ….. if not that Nigerian military is politically compromised and highly tribalized… I prefer military rule to this present political system…

Apparently, all African countries under military are more peaceful than Nigeria

85 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by nnepodatti(f): 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Billionaire2:
People may not agree with me but ….. if not that Nigerian military is politically compromised and highly tribalized… I prefer military rule to this present political system…

Apparently, all African countries under military are more peaceful than Nigeria
You're right but having the right president in democracy also works well I think

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by Legitiscool: 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ok
Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by Svoboda(m): 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
nnepodatti:

You're right but having the right president in democracy also works well I think

Western tailored democracy isn't suitable for africa, especially a culturally diverse country like nigeria with overlapping interests which are easily exploited by the ruling class to perpetuate itself in power.

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by XerXers: 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
Democracy was invented by Igbos. The political struggle to change bad leaders continue to progress without violence or bitterness

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by Icarus99(f): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by lavylilly: 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
it's the truth. We are all not born equal. A child born in Sweden will have a good life life by the virtue of his citizenship to someone born in Nigeria. I have two nationalities, and the difference between the two is like day and night.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by fasho01(m): 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
That's the right thing to do if he feels he has a case

1 Like

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by rinzaugustine: 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Edeoga should go and rest because he has been in politics since 1989 and more like Tinubu of Enugu state so he represents the evil structures Peter Obi wants to uproot from Nigerian politics

8 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by DesChyko: 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Nice, he learnt well.

He put his name first in case they try the hijack games as seen at National Level 😁

XerXers:
Democracy was invented by Igbos.

I do not agree with invented but practised? Definitely. It's a government for the people, by the people and with the people down there. The strongest political unit is the family; anything beyond that is plainly fragile compared to the people's collective will.

Once the majority of people say No to what they feel is not in their interests, good luck to any traditional ruler making them conform to their ruling.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by marlow1962(m): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ok
Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by IpobAntidote: 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
K
Season of petitions.
Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by PixelPlexus: 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
Its well

1 Like

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by Msports: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
nnepodatti:

Very true
Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by IpobAntidote: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
lavylilly:
it's the truth. We are all not born equal. A child born in Sweden will have a good life life by the virtue of his citizenship to someone born in Nigeria. I have two nationalities, and the difference between the two is like day and night.

Really?
I live in Nigeria any day before I'll live in Sweden.
Not everyone born in Sweden likes it too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by iCauseTrouble: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
grin
Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by ChiefAkajiaku(m): 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
lavylilly:

This applies only to people who do not have money in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by habsydiamond(m): 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
If those that call themselves the old and wise elders of this country can be rigging elections.. what is expected of the future leaders of tomorrow even though we all know that the old cargoes won't allow them to taste power because of their greed. This country is only heading towards the wrong direction if the appropriate steps are not taken.
Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by Stevenson20: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
This fraud of election Manhood conducted.
Litigations everywhere to tell you that something is wrong somewhere

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by aikyg(m): 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Okay.
Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by ChiefAkajiaku(m): 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Enugu people are lucky they did note vote in this man as governor

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by Whothecapfits: 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
Futility
Re: Enugu Guber: Edeoga Submits Petition To Election Tribunal (Photos) by obyrich(m): 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
Livinfaith:
Looks like it's a season of petitions. Although, Mbah winning with less than 3k votes looks highly suspect
LP will reclaim their mandate easily in Enugu, all things being equal. Though I don't trust any Nigerian institution to uphold justice.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David Hundeyin Named In STATECRAFTINC 100 Most Influential People In Africa / PDP Calls For The Cancellation Of Election Results In Kano / Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.