Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. (5398 Views)

PEPT: Why Did Wole Olanipekun Ignore Osun Ruling To Quote Shagari Ruling Of 1979 / Fact Check: Did Wole Soyinka Condemned Pyrate For Their Tinubu Chants? / Amotekun: Don’t Betray South-west, Ooni Tells Personnel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Please prof of history Help me

In 1986, when African writers decided to boycott the Nobel Prize for the apparent discrimination from the Royal Academy (up until then, no African was considered good enough for the prize), Soyinka showed up as a betrayer of the African collective cause and got the award

.....Soyinka might have a Nobel Prize, but that is not surely a comment on his social value as a writer. Even Abdulrazak Gurnah who was awarded the prize in 2021 said he thought it was a joke. Nobody knew him and he knew he did not deserve it.

In contrast, Ngugi wa Thiong'O has consistently been ignored by the Royal Academy, even though everyone in the literary field knows he is supposed to have long won it on merit. To put things in perspective, he taught Gurnah way back, and has taught many other greats

Ngugi's sin is that he would never bend to the Western ideologies, and he has canvassed on different occasions for African writers and indeed, writers from the Orient, to develop literature in their languages, instead of enriching metropolitan languages.

The West hates people like Ngugi, and can never reward them with their treasured literary prizes like the Nobel. To be an African writer deserving of the award, you have to have no hurtful opinion about the West. It is basically politics by the institutions of World Lit.
Achebe cut the perfect figure for the prize, and it was not surprising that he got it in 1986. Canonised writers like Achebe who took on Greene and Conrad could not have been rewarded for questioning the jaundiced representation of Africans in Western literature
https://twitter.com/onyeka_real/status/1644823054587944961?t=C8B9sK8aOooO7TUj0FTgQw&s=19

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by haffaze777(m): 4:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
Thread for nattering nitwits?

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
haffaze777:
Thread for nattering nitwits?

Bring up rebuttals.

Not emotions.

Good bye.

I need clarifications too

Your prof which class him use graduate.

Obi is second class

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Beremx(f): 4:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
Oh no not again!!

Make una leave Prof please. He's not Nigeria's problem biko.

Haba!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by backtovillage: 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
swear Obidients are fools 🤣
Prof Wole is also a Yoruba rascal that betrayed developers alias drug pusa

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
He actually became the first African. Which is betraying a greater course for a personal gain.

I see why he prefers Tinubu to greater Nigeria

husbandsnatcha:
during my young age around 1987 I found out great James ngugi of Kenya hated wole Soyinka . I saw him many times with Achehe and Camara laye but Soyinka is an odd man out.... Was it why they hated him ? After 35yrs I am finding this out .

hmmmmmm
Deepfeel:

Chinue Achebe was too talented beyond the expectation of the white man, here is soyinka learning from Achebe the great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uys3XuJBnro
husbandsnatcha:
No he wasn't James ngugi of Kenya ,Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia , flora nwapa , Chinua Achebe, kamara laye of guinea all banished him from Honourable leagues of African writers . These guys knew him more than us ,
I saw many gatherings of African writers but woke is always missing that's y he has to colour his beard white to disguise like a true professor he wasn't .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
backtovillage:
swear Obidients are fools 🤣
Prof Wole is also a Yoruba rascal that betrayed developers alias drug pusa

Bro until you bring a rebuttal this is nothing but the truth.

No whitewashing.

If you investigate this thoroughly then you will see that the evidences are so glaring.

The Royal academy discriminated against Africans.

That is why I love Chinua Achebe. He deserved it but due to his die hard anti colonialist tendencies they shaved him off.

Not only him but others.

At a point Wole Soyinka said Achebe was jealous.

Nah he was raged because you betrayed African writers

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by lebienconnu: 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Awon iran kiran. They never disappoint.

Nattering nitwits indeed.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
lebienconnu:
Awon iran kiran. They never disappoint.

Nattering nitwits indeed.

Baba to bi baba e ni omo ale

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
Nothing is hidden under the sun.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Iamgrey5(m): 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
The thing is that Hydian or whatever he calls himself as being outed by Oxford as a fraud.

He should be last person questioning the credentials of a prof whose activism and writing skills is appreciated and respected all over the world.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by lebienconnu: 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Baba to bi baba e ni omo ale

Your pains is an eternal one. You and ya fellow rodents are hereby sentenced to "death by wailing". We have a package for you guys on Monday. You need to organize a wailing practice.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The thing is that Hydian or whatever he calls himself as being outed by Oxford as a fraud.

He should be last person questioning the credentials of a prof whose activism and writing skills is appreciated and respected all over the world.

Oga bring rebuttal. Don't attack the messenger.

Respect or not. Did he betray the African course for total recognition in literature.

Why does the book have to be written in pro Western ideology.

He got it already. Explain that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by MrBiGGEST(m): 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
Òmò you guys are becoming very irritating this day's 😒

undecided

All becus he did not follow the Obi's bandwagon?

"Wole Soyinka is an African pride" most especially Nigeria.
Knw this and know peace

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
lebienconnu:

Your pains is an eternal one. You and ya fellow rodents are hereby sentenced to "death by wailing". We have a package for you guys on Monday. You need to organize a wailing practice.

Wow. Your WhatsApp group for retards.

Obidients are by far organized and they attack with evidence and intellectual sagacity.

Not propaganda.

I give you a claim. Rebuff it NO.

Just normal dogs barking

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
MrBiGGEST:
Òmò you guys are becoming very irritating this day's 😒

undecided

All becus he did not follow the Obi's bandwagon?

"Wole Soyinka is an African pride" most especially Nigeria.
Knw this and know peace

Abi. Same way Lugard is British pride.

Sacrificing Africans for British progress

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by BOYS2MEN: 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Example of a professor that would rigg election in the nearest future,"if time is ignored".....is WOLE SOYINKA....
Yugoslavia247:
Please prof of history Help me

In 1986, when African writers decided to boycott the Nobel Prize for the apparent discrimination from the Royal Academy (up until then, no African was considered good enough for the prize), Soyinka showed up as a betrayer of the African collective cause and got the award

.....Soyinka might have a Nobel Prize, but that is not surely a comment on his social value as a writer. Even Abdulrazak Gurnah who was awarded the prize in 2021 said he thought it was a joke. Nobody knew him and he knew he did not deserve it.

In contrast, Ngugi wa Thiong'O has consistently been ignored by the Royal Academy, even though everyone in the literary field knows he is supposed to have long won it on merit. To put things in perspective, he taught Gurnah way back, and has taught many other greats

Ngugi's sin is that he would never bend to the Western ideologies, and he has canvassed on different occasions for African writers and indeed, writers from the Orient, to develop literature in their languages, instead of enriching metropolitan languages.

The West hates people like Ngugi, and can never reward them with their treasured literary prizes like the Nobel. To be an African writer deserving of the award, you have to have no hurtful opinion about the West. It is basically politics by the institutions of World Lit.
Achebe cut the perfect figure for the prize, and it was not surprising that he got it in 1986. Canonised writers like Achebe who took on Greene and Conrad could not have been rewarded for questioning the jaundiced representation of Africans in Western literature
https://twitter.com/onyeka_real/status/1644823054587944961?t=C8B9sK8aOooO7TUj0FTgQw&s=19

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
Example of a professor that would rigg election in the nearest future,"if time is ignored".....is WOLE SOYINKA....

I dey tell you.

When you get into the mud just be ready to get stained.

You cannot be an ally to Tinubu and expect us to not investigate you.

Imagine someone who had a gun in the 80s

Many people never knew that only police and criminals had access to guns.

Wole was a cultist.

I won't be surprised if he was also a murderer

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Christistruth03: 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
David Hundeyin everything you wrote is wicked Malicious Trash !!
No wonder Oxford University exposed you as a complete Academic Fraud
Agreed he may have gotten the Nobel Prize before you were born but Can’t you do Simple Research

The Purpose of Education is to arrive at Truth
and not to turn People into lying deceivers with no regard for decency or Conscience

With People desperate for undeserved attention Like you no wonder the country is full of all sorts of Academic Fraudsters !

Repent !
have a nice Easter

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Olaoluwakiitan1: 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

I dey tell you.

When you get into the mud just be ready to get stained.

You cannot be an ally to Tinubu and expect us to not investigate you.

Imagine someone who had a gun in the 80s

Many people never knew that only police and criminals had access to guns.

Wole was a cultist.

I won't be surprised if he was also a murderer
Are you not going to far....y disgracing A yoruba great because of politics and obi....Must you all igbos cry and write with emotions😒😒 All your generations combine no fit tie Prof Shoe lace....Just STFU🥺

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Christistruth03: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Wow. Your WhatsApp group for retards.

Obidients are by far organized and they attack with evidence and intellectual sagacity.

Not propaganda.

I give you a claim. Rebuff it NO.

Just normal dogs barking

If they were truly Organised for good they would have delivered the SE from the Simon Ekpa every Monday lockdown

and the Cannibalistic IPOB Terrorists

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by lebienconnu: 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:

The fraudster himself knows this. A rejected and publicly disgraced osu liar talking about a world renown prof. He belongs to the set of extremely gullible people who believe that Buhari is a clone.

It is perfectly understandable if they are not smart enough to understand Wole Soyinka's exceptional works. Anyway, they are pigs. They are not afraid of dirt because they actually thrive in dirt.

I will now leave the nattering nitwits to continue their wailing while I enjoy watching them writhing in "sifia" pains like a salted earthworm.

As e de pain them, e de sweet us
---Wicked Wike, 2023

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by haffaze777(m): 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Bring up rebuttals.

Not emotions.

Good bye.

I need clarifications too

Ok Mr nattering nitwits?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Olaoluwakiitan1:
Are you not going to far....y disgracing A yoruba great because of politics and obi....Must you all igbos cry and write with emotions😒😒 All your generations combine no fit tie Prof Shoe lace....Just STFU🥺

I don't care.

Some people once worshipped some prof in the uni until he was caught in a scandal.

I witnessed a professor loved by many but was into sex for grades. Well, another lecturer was sacrificed. He was sent away for 12 years.

Good luck worshipping

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
haffaze777:

Ok Mr nattering nitwits?

Bro

Most likely u never went to the uni.

Check up the meaning of rebuttal.

This thing you are doing is what people do when they have nothing upstairs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
Christistruth03:

If they were truly Organised for good they would have delivered the SE from the Simon Ekpa every Monday lockdown

and the Cannibalistic IPOB Terrorists

Every aboki with him kettle.

Fulani for Kogi, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo.

Lets no be sick

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
Olaoluwakiitan1:

I hear you.

You have wailed enough.

Please prove that I wrote a lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by haffaze777(m): 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Bro

Most likely u never went to the uni.

Check up the meaning of rebuttal.

This thing you are doing is what people do when they have nothing upstairs

Stop begging me to reply you Ogbeni,

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Creeper: 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lol, this is hilarious.

1. Abdulrazak Gurnah never made that statement.

2. This is what Ngugi wa Thiong'O said about Prof. Wole Soyinka:

“A writer and public intellectual, who has voiced his concerns over major happenings in different parts of the continent over the last fifty years and more, Soyinka has become the moral and democratic conscience of Africa”.
https://www.ayebia.co.uk/product/essays-in-honour-of-wole-soyinka-at-80/

3. When Black Orpheus was formed, no one knew it was a CIA project in their fight against communism, and it was just similar to all the American NGOs and Financial aids projects the US currently has in Nigeria (which are also CIA projects) - including the ones funding Rinu Oduala and Aisha Yesufu.

Rinu Oduala and Aisha Yesufu, the leaders of the Obidients project, are actually CIA babies hence they’re both in DC now. I saw a picture of Rinu in the White House last week - a picture worth a thousand words.

And Prof. Wole Soyinka wasn’t the only student who worked for Black Orpheus - Christopher Okigbo (arguably the most talented Igbo writer ever) was also part of the project.

I’m sorry, Igbos need to give up. Achebe just wasn’t talented enough to win the apex award in literature. And Chimamanda is pedestrian at best.

Soyinka won it due to his greatness and versatility. And he’s more anti-colonial than Achebe ever was and you can search YouTube for videos of what he said about British people.

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
haffaze777:

Stop begging me to reply you Ogbeni,

Sorry brother Ode.

Olodo
Itibokum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Olaoluwakiitan1: 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

I don't care.

Some people once worshipped some prof in the uni until he was caught in a scandal.

I witnessed a professor loved by many but was into sex for grades. Well, another lecturer was sacrificed. He was sent away for 12 years.

Good luck worshipping
Lol....Tell that to your minions...Prof Don talk wetin he wan talk...leave the reverred baba alone...No be only Igbos dey support P.O, make una dey cool down😒

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
Creeper:
Lol, this is hilarious.

1. Abdulrazak Gurnah never made that statement.

2. This is what Ngugi wa Thiong'O said about Prof. Wole Soyinka:

“A writer and public intellectual, who has voiced his concerns over major happenings in different parts of the continent over the last fifty years and more, Soyinka has become the moral and democratic conscience of Africa”.
https://www.ayebia.co.uk/product/essays-in-honour-of-wole-soyinka-at-80/

3. When Black Orpheus was formed, no one knew it was a CIA project in their fight against communism, and it was just similar to all the American NGOs and Financial aids projects the US currently has in Nigeria (which are also CIA projects) - including the ones funding Rinu Oduala and Aisha Yesufu.

Rinu Oduala and Aisha Yesufu, the leaders of the Obidients project, are actually CIA babies hence they’re both in DC now. I saw a picture of Rinu in the White House last week - a picture worth a thousand words.

And Prof. Wole Soyinka wasn’t the only student who worked for Black Orpheus - Christopher Okigbo (arguably the most talented Igbo writer ever) was also part of the project.

I’m sorry, Igbos need to give up. Achebe just wasn’t talented enough to win the apex award in literature. And Chimamanda is pedestrian at best.

Soyinka won it due to his greatness and versatility. And he’s more anti-colonial than Achebe ever was and you can search YouTube for videos of what he said about British people.

Bro don't bamboozle me.

I am not an illiterate.

I said rebuff. Don't quote random website.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Full List Of 1966 Coup Plotters And Their Tribe / Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? / We Will Fight If Southerners Wants To Use This #endsars Protest To Remove Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.