Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,464 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. (5494 Views)

PEPT: Why Did Wole Olanipekun Ignore Osun Ruling To Quote Shagari Ruling Of 1979 / Fact Check: Did Wole Soyinka Condemned Pyrate For Their Tinubu Chants? / Amotekun: Don’t Betray South-west, Ooni Tells Personnel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by tishbite42: 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Creeper:
Lol, this is hilarious.

1. Abdulrazak Gurnah never made that statement.

2. This is what Ngugi wa Thiong'O said about Prof. Wole Soyinka:

“A writer and public intellectual, who has voiced his concerns over major happenings in different parts of the continent over the last fifty years and more, Soyinka has become the moral and democratic conscience of Africa”.
https://www.ayebia.co.uk/product/essays-in-honour-of-wole-soyinka-at-80/

3. When Black Orpheus was formed, no one knew it was a CIA project in their fight against communism, and it was just similar to all the American NGOs and Financial aids projects the US currently has in Nigeria (which are also CIA projects) - including the ones funding Rinu Oduala and Aisha Yesufu.

Rinu Oduala and Aisha Yesufu, the leaders of the Obidients project, are actually CIA babies hence they’re both in DC now. I saw a picture of Rinu in the White House last week - a picture worth a thousand words.

And Prof. Wole Soyinka wasn’t the only student who worked for Black Orpheus - Christopher Okigbo (arguably the most talented Igbo writer ever) was also part of the project.

I’m sorry, Igbos need to give up. Achebe just wasn’t talented enough to win the apex award in literature. And Chimamanda is pedestrian at best.

Soyinka won it due to his greatness and versatility. And he’s more anti-colonial than Achebe ever was and you can search YouTube for videos of what he said about British people.
A cultist and CIA mole better than Achebe?!
Did Achebe take any appointment or award from any Nigerian government?!
Soyinka knows his place, Achebe has gone to his place.
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
husbandsnatcha:
No he wasn't James ngugi of Kenya ,Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia , flora nwapa , Chinua Achebe, kamara laye of guinea all banished him from Honourable leagues of African writers . These guys knew him more than us ,
I saw many gatherings of African writers but woke is always missing that's y he has to colour his beard white to disguise like a true professor he wasn't .

Truly u sabi writers
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by nairalanda1(m): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Hello.

If you have a covenant of backwardness with any deity let me know.

Dude, calm down. I don't recall abusing you. Yet, you have to suddenly abuse me.

Better calm down. THis is a site, not your life.

For me. He will do it.

You must first live a clean life to build a clean society

I heard the same thing from Buhari and GEJ supporters, and far back Obasanjo supporters....and they were all bitter later on.

Good governance is more than looking for perfect leader. Like I said, we too as followers got work to do.

Men and women are flawed beings, and I am the chief of all flawed beings. That's why I don't think that any man can do a good job. There is no saviour in politics. There is people , a group of people, working within the system to make it better.

One of my favourite parables by Jesus was about the woman who called on a judge who did not respect God or man. She pestered him until he looked into her case. In your mind, you would have wanted the woman to wait for the perfect judge to come and take over....well she go wait tire.

We have people like Tinubu ruling us because we don't want to work with what he have. Instead, we are looking for a Saviour. Well, some people thought it was Buhari. Eight years later he gave us a worse economy, and then dashed us Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Godwin4444: 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Oga you are a tribal bigot.

Debunk the claims
the more u igbos are going about this madness the more non igbos who voted obi are seeing d light

At least obi is now d latest nnamdi kanu that shouldn’t b touched, thank goodness he didn’t become president u people will just kill anyone against him n see it as normal

Nigeria dodged a bullet with obi n igbos

2 Likes

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by husbandsnatcha(f): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Christistruth03:
David Hundeyin everything you wrote is wicked Malicious Trash !!
No wonder Oxford University exposed you as a complete Academic Fraud
Agreed he may have gotten the Nobel Prize before you were born but Can’t you do Simple Research

The Purpose of Education is to arrive at Truth
and not to turn People into lying deceivers with no regard for decency or Conscience

With People desperate for undeserved attention Like you no wonder the country is full of all sorts of Academic Fraudsters %!

Repent !
have a nice Easter
Do you know y Great James ngugi and Kaunda hated wole Soyinka? No one told me y since then 1987 till hundeyin brought this up ...god bless him for exposing this smelly saboteur .
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
Godwin4444:
the more u igbos are going about this madness the more non igbos who voted obi are seeing d light

At least obi is now d latest nnamdi kanu that shouldn’t b touched, thank goodness he didn’t become president u people will just kill anyone against him n see it as normal

Nigeria dodged a bullet with obi n igbos

Lol. Obi faced all debates and ridicule.

Tinubu avoided all debates.

So say something else
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Godwin4444: 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
nairalanda1:
Dang, the bitterness on this thread is severe.

Personally, I don't give a hoot for LP, PDP or APC, and Tinubu should have retired along with Atiku. Also, I believe Achebe should have got the Nobel in 2000 instead of the Chinese author they gave it to self

But really, at the rate Obidients are going on this Soyinka matter, it is really really showing them as bitter and petty people.
change that obedient to igbo

1 Like

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by husbandsnatcha(f): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Truly u sabi writers
I asked my uncle in august 12 , 1987 in Portharcourt during a heavy rainfall , " why is woke Soyinka not in pictures of great writers African summit ' I can see flora nwapa , Laye, Achebe , Senghor ,Jp Clark , ngugi, ene henshaw , where is Soyinka in the newspaper ? Their are old newspapers and Soyinka isn't with them
And he told me : he deals with the whitemen that those I mentioned are African writers, and I pondered it and left it 1987-1997-2007-2017 and now 2023 my uncle's answer is explained to me, though he died in may 1994.. nothing is hidden .

1 Like

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by husbandsnatcha(f): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Creeper:
Lol, this is hilarious.

“A writer and public intellectual, who has voiced his concerns over major happenings in different parts of the continent over the last fifty years and more, Soyinka has become the moral and democratic conscience of Africa”.

3. When Black Orpheus was formed, no one knew it was a CIA project in their fight against communism, and it was just similar to all the American NGOs and Financial aids projects the US currently has in Nigeria (which are also CIA projects) - including the ones funding Rinu Oduala and Aisha Yesufu.

Rinu Oduala and Aisha Yesufu, the leaders of the Obidients project, are actually CIA babies hence they’re both in DC now. I saw a picture of Rinu in the White House last week - a picture worth a thousand words.

And Prof. Wole Soyinka wasn’t the only student who worked for Black Orpheus - Christopher Okigbo (arguably the most talented Igbo writer ever) was also part of the project.

I’m sorry, Igbos need to give up. Achebe just wasn’t talented enough to win the apex award in literature. And Chimamanda is pedestrian at best.

Soyinka won it due to his greatness and versatility. And he’s more anti-colonial than Achebe ever was and you can search YouTube for videos of what he said about British people.
No one knew Christopher okigbo in Igbo land ,my ikwerre brother Major elechi amadi we know Great cyprien ekwensi( I call god ) I knew, rems nna umeasiegbu n chukwuemeka Ike we know , high flying Flora nwapa was known, who is da fvck is okigbo abi okiriahusa if not for his poems?
I eat prose n poetry don't confuse us here . I even met Cyprian ekwensi in person during an Abonima drama in 1992 n he gave me a copy of jagua nana and i have read it 2000times .
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Brendaniel: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Oga bring rebuttal. Don't attack the messenger.

Respect or not. Did he betray the African course for total recognition in literature.

Why does the book have to be written in pro Western ideology.

He got it already. Explain that

Very good question you asked here, I have noticed something about these guys attacking you, when you present facts to them and they have no response they start throwing tribal or political attacks just to take you away from the main objective, just keep hammering the question you asked that is about the main issue and watch them flee.

Most of them have nothing to discuss aside from tribal and political insults....

Just always stay on course....
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

Very good question you asked here, I have noticed something about these guys attacking you, when you present facts to them and they have no response they start throwing tribal or political attacks just to take you away from the main objective, just keep hammering the question you asked that is about the main issue and watch them flee.

Most of them have nothing to discuss aside from tribal and political insults....

Just always stay on course....

I dey tell you.

1 Like

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by obyrich(m): 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Olaoluwakiitan1:
I no hate anybody my bro....talk less of hating a whole tribe...make una dey calm down nah🤦
Why conclude the writer was Igbo? What do you mean by 'Must you ALL Igbos...' in your comment? Was that necessary if you harbour no resentment for a whole tribe? Last time I checked, it was a Yorubaman that vowed to go on exile if Tinubu won the election. What can be more emotional than that?

I ask again, what made you believe that only igbos are not happy with the outcome of the elections or supporting Obi if not blind hate?
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Deepfeel(m): 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
Creeper:
Lol, this is hilarious.

Chinue Achebe was too talented beyond the expectation of the white man, here is soyinka learning from Achebe the great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uys3XuJBnro
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Saga16: 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Bring up rebuttals.

Not emotions.

Good bye.

I need clarifications too

Hundeyin, go and sleep.
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
Saga16:

Hundeyin, go and sleep.

Mugu 30
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Saga16: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Mugu 30

Hundeyin, you have been outed as a fraud.
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by theredaddy: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

I dey tell you.

When you get into the mud just be ready to get stained.

You cannot be an ally to Tinubu and expect us to not investigate you.

Imagine someone who had a gun in the 80s

Many people never knew that only police and criminals had access to guns.

Wole was a cultist.

I won't be surprised if he was also a murderer

lemme school your ignorant, the 1st people to antagonize Tinubu where pyrates igbo extraction ... remember baba wey no well dey shout emi lokan
When obedient and Peter Obi were basking on the rythme of that song it was Wole soyinka that stood to caution them & restore sanity.

Do Igbos not kill our policemen and kill Nigeria, when will Peter obi condemn IPob

Every monday people are ordered to sit at home, when will chimamanda write letter to joe biden to come free her people

When will igbos in UK/US start a protest against IPOB at the embassies ... Igbos are causing mayhem in the east and the only letter that goes out of East is either against Nigeria, Tinubu or Mc oluomo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Saga16:

Hundeyin, you have been outed as a fraud.

Mugu 31
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Saga16: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Mugu 31

grin

E pain an
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
theredaddy:

lemme school your ignorant, the 1st people to antagonize Tinubu where pyrates igbo extraction ... remember baba wey no well dey shout emi lokan
When obedient and Peter Obi were basking on the rythme of that song it was Wole soyinka that stood to caution them & restore sanity.

Do Igbos not kill our policemen and kill Nigeria, when will Peter obi condemn IPob

Every monday people are ordered to sit at home, when will chimamanda write letter to joe biden to come free her people

When will igbos in UK/US start a protest against IPOB at the embassies ... Igbos are causing mayhem in the east and the only letter that goes out of East is either against Nigeria, Tinubu or Mc oluomo.

Bro you are matured enough. I believe you don't have down syndrome and can see the topic is about claims on Soyinka and not ipob
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by theredaddy: 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Bro you are matured enough. I believe you don't have down syndrome and can see the topic is about claims on Soyinka and not ipob

If you want to pin cultism on soyinka we might as well talk about ipob as well

The igbos sing baba wey no well are pyrate cultist ... did Peter or anyone reputable in igboland come out to caution or rebuke such action .. Soyinka might be a cultist but no age mate of soyinka alive in the entire East can match Soyinka reputation before the world
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 7:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
Where is wOle soyinka right now?

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
theredaddy:

The igbos sing baba wey no well are pyrate cultist ... did Peter or anyone reputable in igboland come out to caution or rebuke such action .. Soyinka might be a cultist but no age mate of soyinka alive in the entire East can match Soyinka reputation before the world

Oga go and sit down
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Minjim: 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Bro until you bring a rebuttal this is nothing but the truth.

No whitewashing.

If you investigate this thoroughly then you will see that the evidences are so glaring.

The Royal academy discriminated against Africans.

That is why I love Chinua Achebe. He deserved it but due to his die hard anti colonialist tendencies they shaved him off.

Not only him but others.

At a point Wole Soyinka said Achebe was jealous.

Nah he was raged because you betrayed African writers

What evidence did the Op bring, a Twitter post?

Is that your evidence.

This is nothing but hideous propaganda cooked up from an ipob kitchen.

How come we are just hearing such hefty accusation?

4 Likes

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Minjim: 7:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
theredaddy:

Soyinka had even come out on several occasions to say that this conventional cutism was not what they pioneered in their era.
Theirs was just an avenue to have fun and gyrate not for sinister purposes
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
Minjim:

Soyinka had even come out on several occasions to say that this conventional cutism was not what they pioneered in their era.
Theirs was just an avenue to have fun and gyrate not for sinister purposes

Lol!

Better read the history of eiye bucanneer and aiyes.

Better be informed.

Why do they do meetings at night
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
Minjim:

What evidence did the Op bring, a Twitter post?

Is that your evidence.

This is nothing but hideous propaganda cooked up from an ipob kitchen.

How come we are just hearing such hefty accusation?

Oga rest.

Debunk it.

No time
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by theredaddy: 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Oga go and sit down

you can as well take your furstration to 3rd mainland bridge ...
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by McStoic(m): 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Beremx:
Oh no not again!!

Make una leave Prof please. He's not Nigeria's problem biko.

Haba!!

He who brings ant infested firewood home should not be surprised if lizards pay him a visit. Wole Soyinka had it coming
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Basic123: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Bro don't bamboozle me.

I am not an illiterate.

I said rebuff. Don't quote random website.

Rebuff what 😆

It was just an ill-conceived nob evidence based ranting!

I will only believe him if he has ever seen anything bad in PETER OBI.

Wole soyinka has lambasted anybody lambastable.Even,in the interview he lambasted Tinubu before lambasting dirty or datti.

David is just another OBI slave just like you!

1 Like

Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by CSTRR: 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
Well, the nobel is very political.
A lot of politics is involved.
Re: Did Wole Soyinka Betray Other Africans Just To Get The Nobel Price. by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
CSTRR:
Well, the nobel is very political.
A lot of politics is involved.

A lot.

Many Russians and Germans reject it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Map Of Christian And Muslim Dominated Countries In The World,Africa And Nig(Pix) / Tinubu Versus Ibori Who Is Smarter? / Breaking! Pst Ayo Oritsejafor Has Just Revealed Boko Haram's Agenda For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.