Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Needing Urgent Help Iphone Users - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Needing Urgent Help Iphone Users (293 Views)

What is wrong with iPhone users? (pictures) / Pls Help Iphone 6 / Users Needing A Room On Co-tenant(www.cotenant.com.ng) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Needing Urgent Help Iphone Users by motionarena: 6:54am On Apr 10, 2023
Apologies for posting here, posted earlier at phone section but got no reply.

Hi Guys I plan on buying an iPhone.

After making enquiries I got a good offer from a retailer for an iPhone 13 pro max.

But he said I should use a chip for it.
Please I need to understand what is the downside of using this chip method.

Will it work like any other iPhone or is there a caveat to it.

Am new to iPhone been using Samsung all along
Thanks.
Re: Needing Urgent Help Iphone Users by benzics(m): 6:57am On Apr 10, 2023
If you’re not planning to be constantly switching sims, a chip unlocked iPhone is okay.

And also understand that the resale value is low, but you’ve nothing to lose since you’re also not getting it that expensive

1 Like

Re: Needing Urgent Help Iphone Users by Enskynelson(m): 7:01am On Apr 10, 2023
Chip-unlocked iPhones are those devices that are locked to a mobile network or carrier. You can only unlock the device by inserting an RSIM with your main SIM. These devices are locked to foreign and can only work with those carriers. If you can remember when MTN released a device that used only the carrier’s SIM, that’s the same thing that is playing out here, it won’t work with any other carrier.
Re: Needing Urgent Help Iphone Users by Oluromantic: 7:51am On Apr 10, 2023
Ah you dey live for face me I face you and you wan buy phone weh pass ya house rent. Police go dey disturb you now thinking you're one of them. The yahooosss. If you're using a phone worth 600k then your income monthly should be about 500k
Re: Needing Urgent Help Iphone Users by motionarena: 9:32am On Apr 10, 2023
benzics:
If you’re not planning to be constantly switching sims, a chip unlocked iPhone is okay.

And also understand that the resale value is low, but you’ve nothing to lose since you’re also not getting it that expensive
Thanks so will there be any problems switching sims
Re: Needing Urgent Help Iphone Users by sholikay(m): 11:33am On Apr 10, 2023
I think from my little knowledge about chip unlock iPhone is that ,you can only use one chip to unlock for one sim network (e.g. mtn)..
If you want to change your sim network to Glo or airtel or 9mobile,you will purchase another chip for it to be reprogrammed..

And also you can't factory reset your phone..
It will go back to the network it was locked to,you will have to reprogramme you chip with the sim..

(1) (Reply)

Olashay Tv / What Do You Think? / How To Start Selling On Amazon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.