Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees (45952 Views)

β€œI Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by uniquetechng: 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Who dash her honorary doctorate from Harvard?

It is Haverford College that gave her honorary doctorate, not Harvard.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by anyination: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
If u are hating on this woman..
Just know that she has achieve what your entire generation can not.

Yoruba Muslim!..this is not Tinubu drug barron

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BombAttack(f): 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
APCNig:

Jealous Igbo traditionalist, well done

She is our daughter, go and look for Kemi Adeosun πŸ€ͺπŸ˜†πŸ˜œπŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by SmartPolician: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
Cooly100:
I don't think there is any women in Nigeria dead or alive that has received international medal like Chimamanda.

Many Ivy league universities are falling over themselves to give her an award.

I think Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala will march Chimamanda Adichie back to back when it comes to recognition.

Some of the top positions Ngozi has held, she was the first African woman to hold them. That lady interacts with the world leaders at the highest level and it didn't even start today.

However, the two women are outstanding exports from Nigeria to the world.

Also, Dora Akunyili was another amazon that wowed our world with recognitions. She had over 900.

PS: I am not arguing with you; I am only expanding the discussion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by obembet(f): 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
BombAttack:

She is our daughter. Don't mind those jealous Yoruba Muslims πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Yet your region remain the most backwards region in Nigeria... If your father don't come to wole Soyinka Region... He won't be able do feed you.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Comelysync: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
I know an illiterate chief in Lagos that has over 10 honorary doctorate degrees... Abeg you guys should rest with this Chiamanda case.... She goofed big time with her letter to Biden. Silence sometimes is golden.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Vadese1: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
This is the person one foolish Alake and other notorious man call Fani-Kayode want to raise shoulder with.
Chimanda we know. Chimanda our African Brain and beautiful. Wole Soyinka for druggie alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

What do ppl really want when they envy success? Hatred perhaps..πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Bohofa: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
bewla:
Yeah especially when she is a gay
tununu’s daughter is LGBTQ
now talk another one

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by lildush(m): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
tinsel:
No doubt she is an icon, but too small compared to Soyinka. Maybe it will take her the next 25 years to reach Soyinka's level. So no need for all these comparison. She has also achieved much more than kids of her age. I respect her as well.

You mean in witchcraft or wat? Did Soyinka achieve this much while he was her age?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by livenija: 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
She dey chop am? Hope it comes with me money sha else all this unnecessary photo ops don dey many
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BombAttack(f): 7:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
obembet:

Yet your region remain the most backwards region in Nigeria... If your father don't come to wole Soyinka Region... He won't be able do feed you.

Agreed, write your own letter to Biden and get reply if e sure for you πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜œπŸ˜†πŸ€ͺ

Na your fellow woman write letter oπŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜œπŸ˜†πŸ€ͺ

We are dot in a circle and the world have heard our name πŸ€ͺπŸ˜†πŸ˜œπŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by anyination: 7:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
tinsel:
No doubt she is an icon, but too small compared to Soyinka. Maybe it will take her the next 25 years to reach Soyinka's level. So no need for all these comparison. She has also achieved much more than kids of her age. I respect her as well.

Which soyinka...
Who know soyinka
Except west Africa..
Soyinka will hide his face in shame at the sight of this woman..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by JoshTim: 7:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
Odin13:

Seun Mynd44 lalasticlala

This is it..

If Una want dash him 2 days

This kind of nonsense is all over Nairaland.. without qualms

Why are you quoting me....why do you insult what you cannot ever get.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Famofamo: 7:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
#MAY29

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by traihit: 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
tinsel:

How old are you?
Soyinka has over 40 and stopped receiving since 2018. The highest award for any profession in the world is Noble prize. There is no basis for comparison between the two. The other is too small here her senior is. But , again she is a genius. I must admit this.

I'm not siding Soyinka but it is stupidity to compare Soyinka with Adichie.

Soyinka's generalisation belongs to that of Achebe, JP Clarke etc. Even though, Soyinka belongs to the top echelon of that generation.

It's sheer stupidity to now denigrate Soyinka's pedigree because of his comments on Obi though I disagree with him (Soyinka). Soyinka is one of the few fathers of literature we have around and while some other may not be as popular, there are still a lot of writers who are more sound than Adichie. Adichie is a novelist and writer while Soyinka has almost all the genres and still got a Nobel when internet wasn't a thing.

What about Femi Osofisa, Niyi Osundare etc.

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Raskimonojendor: 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
whippersnapper:
Achebe and ngugi no get nobel prize oh
Achebe took his anger, jealousy and hatred to the grave with him.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by imam07: 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
Fineman2:
This woman is truly a rare gem
u cant school in abroad and I respect u. Schooling in abroad is easier. I respect Phd holder in naija than telling me u got your Phd in UK.. So don't come here and be giving foolish rating.
Person wey get pas for university in Nigeria will get first class in Yankee

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by SpaceTour: 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
Anambra born Chimamanda. Beauty and intelligence

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Vadese1: 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
I want the like of Festus kayamu that yeye (San) and that insulting Fani-Kayode to do a reply to this Chimanda achievement

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by sirchim(m): 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Where did you get your own. Togo, Chad, Niger or Benin republic?

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by CSTRR: 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
tinsel:
Soyinka is not on her level at all.

She has made the level of impact on this world that soyinka cannot even dream of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by imam07: 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
Fineman2:
She's making us proud
making u proud with what. Does that reduce d price of gari in d market.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by ElexObi1: 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

See how jealousy is written all over you

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by sirchim(m): 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Yagier: 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
Congratulations….🎊🍾
Can’t be compared to real doctorate pls

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by CSTRR: 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
She is the first and only african ever to give a class day speech to graduating students at Harvard and Yale respectively.

No african has been honoured to give a class day speech at one , let alone two of those schools.

A truly remarkable woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrAAEMFAG9E&t=230s
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BigCowHornn: 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

How many your papa get

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odin13: 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
JoshTim:

Why are you quoting me....why do you insult what you cannot ever get.

Yawn…

I hate fools and imps

Next !
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by sirchim(m): 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by imam07: 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
BombAttack:

She is our daughter. Don't mind those jealous Yoruba Muslims πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
the heat is too much for all of you on Twitter. U come nairaland.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Hearts and Hints Magazines / Here Is How To Get Any Fictional Novel By Any Author At All / How Gbenga Found Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.