Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,422 members, 7,819,518 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees (45957 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
AssCraver:

Whether Havard or Haveford it doesn’t matter. The most important thing is this is her 18 honorary doctorate. But neither u not your family members have had such in life

Neither your Adichie or her family would get to the point in Literature where Wole Soyinka got to.

That is the point. Soyinka has honorary doctorates from Harvard and Oxford, the two best universities in the world. In fact, he taught in both universities.

Your Adichie does not even have an intern role in UNN, not to mention lecturing in a university.

Your Achebe could only lecture in a college, Bard College.

Yet, you all open your stinky mouths to abuse Soyinka.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by kronos1: 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2023
The No 1 on the list, Harvard Honorary Doctorate is false information. She however got WEB Du Bois highest African American Award. Guess it has been taken down. Please do verify information well.

https://commencement.harvard.edu/honorary-degrees
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MeineMutter: 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
MatrixCircle:

Olodo ;. So you don't know the government was accused of printing money to pay salary when they could not secure other loans.
Then borrows for infrastructure if they got. Now I know you lack information and don't listen to current news. The Finance Minister mentioned it before how 100% of revenue was used for servicing debt. Google what I just told you.
I was even thinking you were informed. grin

Look at the word you used: ‘accused’. It is an accusation. Not established.

It is like someone saying you smoke Nkpurunmiri and meanwhile, you don’t smoke nkpurunmiri.

Let those accusing the government come out with evidences.
If Nigeria is printing money, you would have seen its inflation gone to like 40% or more.

You can see you are the Olodo. You rely on lies that Igbos peddle around.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Onelove508: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
suckmedownthere:
Men this one Na bookworm, she goes to school for a living.....

Honorary Doctorate; she didn't go to school to acquire them. Those Universities 'dash' her ni
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by bezimo(m): 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2023
This heroine is not your mate..

None of these useless APC touts on nairaland or govt matches her.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Poleski: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2023
Real beauty with brain!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MatrixCircle: 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2023
MeineMutter:

Look at the word you used: ‘accused’. It is an accusation. Not established.

It is like someone saying you smoke Nkpurunmiri and meanwhile, you don’t smoke nkpurunmiri.

Let those accusing the government come out with evidences.
If Nigeria is printing money, you would have seen its inflation gone to like 40% or more.

You can see you are the Olodo. You rely on lies that Igbos peddle around.
grin grin I beg guy make we leave this Polictians matter. Naija drama sometimes dey make me lafff..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by costandi(m): 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Who dash her honorary doctorate from Harvard?

It is Haverford College that gave her honorary doctorate, not Harvard.

Slow poke, she received something even bigger than a honorary doctorate from havard; The W. E. B. Du Bois Medal.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by EmperorSetudaGr(m): 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2023
Those insulting Chimamanda should go and read history.

Who was the 1st Vice Chancellor of the prestigious University of Ibadan (UI)?
Answer: Prof. Kenneth Onwuka Dike from Anambra State.
Who was the 1st Vice Chancellor of the prestigious University of Lagos (Unilag)?
Answer: Prof. Eni Njoku from Ohafia in Abia State.
It was internal wrangling and bitterness against the Igbos at the time that gradually snowballed into the Biafra question! Having two Igbos head top institutions was a hard pill for them to swallow.

When are we gonna grow beyond this trust deficit, ethnic profiling and backward thinking?

May God help Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by imam07: 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
donforeign:
coming from who never go Ghana.. shut up ur mouth
See this mad man. Nah sand full your brain. Ghana no be Africa. When I said about, u should know no be abroad like Ghana. Wetin u dey use your brain to do. U better use your brain
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by donforeign: 7:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
imam07:
See this mad man. Nah sand full your brain. Ghana no be Africa. When I said about, u should know no be abroad like Ghana. Wetin u dey use your brain to do. U better use your brain
ode u no smart. Ghana schools wey better pass una school by miles..open mouth waaah mugu
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by imam07: 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2023
donforeign:
ode u no smart. Ghana schools wey better pass una school by miles..open mouth waaah mugu
I see nah bastard dey talk like this. Your senses dey under your feet. Eranko
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by broadman20: 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2023
XAUBulls:

False!

Prof. Wole Soyinka graduated with a Second Class Upper from the
University College Ibadan, NOT with a Third Class.

As far back as 2013, the brilliant WS had debunked that silly Third Class false rumor.

Hahahaha!

But the brilliant WS accepted the Peter Obi's 3rd class results rumours?

Neutrality is of God abeg.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Invitationn: 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2023
BastadThiefnubu:
Nobody knows Kemi Adeosun apart from Nigerians.
It is an insult to mention Kemi in the same line with a great woman like Chimamanda.
Ah🥱🥱
Here we go again.
If Adichie’s worth is measured by fame according to you, then She’s nowhere near the likes of Rihanna and Beyonce.
1Rihanna is worth 100 of Chimamanda.

I know you’re fuming already grin
Because Chimamanda is famous doesn’t mean she’s better than Kemi in anyway.
They’re from different fields and Kemi has been the minister of finance of the most populous black nation common. That’s position was the peak of NOI’s career- forget Worldbank and WTO.

Give Kemi some respect!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Invitationn: 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2023
BastadThiefnubu:
His Nobel prize is useless.
Tell Chimamanda to give it a shot.
I want to see how smart she is 😅
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by paduzman: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
Fineman2:
This woman is truly a rare gem
indeed a rare gem.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Melagros(m): 10:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
BombAttack:

We are happy for her😂🤣😅😆
Go and look for Kemi Adeosun
Abi lol grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by AssCraver: 11:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Neither your Adichie or her family would get to the point in Literature where Wole Soyinka got to.

That is the point. Soyinka has honorary doctorates from Harvard and Oxford, the two best universities in the world. In fact, he taught in both universities.

Your Adichie does not even have an intern role in UNN, not to mention lecturing in a university.

Your Achebe could only lecture in a college, Bard College.

Yet, you all open your stinky mouths to abuse Soyinka.

Oga this isn’t about me but about your stupidity. Like I said, ur family as a whole isn’t up to Adichie. Drink sniper if u don’t like my comment. Asshole
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BigIyanga: 7:59am On Apr 12, 2023
MeineMutter:

You lack knowledge of Finance. In Financing, debt is better than equity for financing projects because debt is cheaper. Ask a finance person to interpret this to you because you are a mumu person.

In your personal finances, don’t use your money to fund projects, even if you have. Borrow and be paying small small while you still maintain your own money.
Why has Dangote’ not use his cash to fund the refinery?

The American that is now your God and savior over Nigeria has the highest debt in the world.
Go and verify, as your Pandora would say.

So, when funding huge projects on a long term, you don’t use your cash; you borrow, instead.
You’re the mumu here. Naija as a country uses debt to finance consumption eg. 75% of budget is recurrent expenditure and we borrow from China to fund it.. Our CAPEX spending is abysmal.
A man borrows to build a commercial house for rent , is a good investment … while a man who borrows to pay house rent and household expenses … is a bad investment
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by tammie24: 10:48am On Apr 12, 2023
BombAttack:

Agreed, write your own letter to Biden and get reply if e sure for you 😅😂🤣😜😆🤪

Na your fellow woman write letter o😅😂🤣😜😆🤪

We are dot in a circle and the world have heard our name 🤪😆😜🤣😂😅
so what has Biden done about the one chimamanda wrote

Please let us know

Has she gotten a reply yet?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MeineMutter: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2023
BigIyanga:

You’re the mumu here. Naija as a country uses debt to finance consumption eg. 75% of budget is recurrent expenditure and we borrow from China to fund it.. Our CAPEX spending is abysmal.
A man borrows to build a commercial house for rent , is a good investment … while a man who borrows to pay house rent and household expenses … is a bad investment

You are talking from a loser’s angle.

FG is not borrowing to pay salaries. Forget what you read in the media and your propaganda news sources.
FG bailed out so many states that couldn’t pay salaries.
FG refunded billions of Naira that past administrations withheld, illegally, from state allocations. Wike even confirmed this. Sebi your state governor didn’t disclose this.

Show me authentic proof that ACTUAL spend of FG is 75%. When they say budget, it has not translated to real spending. It is estimate. Please show me proof where 75% of our budget is of recurrent expenditure. And show me proof (from reliable sources o. No be from your Yib0 sources o) where actual spending is 75% on recurrent expenditure.

All the capex/projects that are ongoing across Nigeria are they from your generation’s fake products money or are from your people’s drrug or spare parts selling change? So you want Buhari to fund the projects from his pocket?

Buhari is the only president since 1999 that has spent so much on infrastructure than any president.
I do not say there is no embezzlement in his government or budget padding o, but he has performed better than your GEJ and Obasanjo, combined.

GEJ had the best opportunity to lift Nigeria up but he blew it. How much is crude oil selling now and how much was it selling when Buhari came in 2015? So you want Buhari to perform miracles on top oil that is selling between $40 to $80 per barrel?
The lowest GEJ made on oil was $110 per barrel and there wasn’t production cut then. He only bought a few SURE-P buses for you mumus to be seeing all over your Yeastern Redsoil, Erosion-ravaged land and Lagos so that you would say he invested well the money from Excess Crude Oil Account - with the overrated Okonjo Iweala o. Even she said that they made huge money but the will to save was not there. Instead for GEJ to fix our infrastructure, he was secretly withdrawing from the Excess Crude Oil account.

Your mumu too didn’t blame your state governors who took billions of loans and didn’t do anything with it o. Na Buhari you dey blame. All the fund from Excess Crude Oil account that your governors forced the FG to share, where are they?

1,000,001 of your generation cannot do what Buhari is doing without borrowing.

Kukuma tell us say you are angry because there are lesser of such projects in your UGM-blood-letting land.
And by God’s grace, Tinubu WILL NOT do anything serious in your region. You better brace up now. Na sufferhead you dey. You will reap the fruit of your labour since you are an HelluP man.

Odenson.

Forming accountant/finance person without core experience.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2023
costandi:

Slow poke, she received something even bigger than a honorary doctorate from havard; The W. E. B. Du Bois Medal.

You are a fool.

The Du Bois Medal is the highest in the field of African and American studies.

It is not the highest honour in every field.

Una just too mumu.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BigIyanga: 12:56am On Apr 13, 2023
MeineMutter:

You are talking from a loser’s angle.

FG is not borrowing to pay salaries. Forget what you read in the media and your propaganda news sources.
FG bailed out so many states that couldn’t pay salaries.
FG refunded billions of Naira that past administrations withheld, illegally, from state allocations. Wike even confirmed this. Sebi your state governor didn’t disclose this.

Show me authentic proof that ACTUAL spend of FG is 75%. When they say budget, it has not translated to real spending. It is estimate. Please show me proof where 75% of our budget is of recurrent expenditure. And show me proof (from reliable sources o. No be from your Yib0 sources o) where actual spending is 75% on recurrent expenditure.

All the capex/projects that are ongoing across Nigeria are they from your generation’s fake products money or are from your people’s drrug or spare parts selling change? So you want Buhari to fund the projects from his pocket?

Buhari is the only president since 1999 that has spent so much on infrastructure than any president.
I do not say there is no embezzlement in his government or budget padding o, but he has performed better than your GEJ and Obasanjo, combined.

GEJ had the best opportunity to lift Nigeria up but he blew it. How much is crude oil selling now and how much was it selling when Buhari came in 2015? So you want Buhari to perform miracles on top oil that is selling between $40 to $80 per barrel?
The lowest GEJ made on oil was $110 per barrel and there wasn’t production cut then. He only bought a few SURE-P buses for you mumus to be seeing all over your Yeastern Redsoil, Erosion-ravaged land and Lagos so that you would say he invested well the money from Excess Crude Oil Account - with the overrated Okonjo Iweala o. Even she said that they made huge money but the will to save was not there. Instead for GEJ to fix our infrastructure, he was secretly withdrawing from the Excess Crude Oil account.

Your mumu too didn’t blame your state governors who took billions of loans and didn’t do anything with it o. Na Buhari you dey blame. All the fund from Excess Crude Oil account that your governors forced the FG to share, where are they?

1,000,001 of your generation cannot do what Buhari is doing without borrowing.

Kukuma tell us say you are angry because there are lesser of such projects in your UGM-blood-letting land.
And by God’s grace, Tinubu WILL NOT do anything serious in your region. You better brace up now. Na sufferhead you dey. You will reap the fruit of your labour since you are an HelluP man.

Odenson.

Forming accountant/finance person without core experience.
Typical bigoted brigand who does not know the difference btw capital and recurrent expenditure without Google.
GMB tippled our national budget in recurrent expenditure without corresponding increase in CAPEX
In one FY, he allocated over N500bn to social welfare under presidency without a statutory portfolio or NASS oversight. That budget without minstry/portfolio was bigger than budgets of mins of health and education combined. You love voting for them because they love keeping you retaxrded
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MeineMutter: 6:19am On Apr 13, 2023
BigIyanga:

Typical bigoted brigand who does not know the difference btw capital and recurrent expenditure without Google.
GMB tippled our national budget in recurrent expenditure without corresponding increase in CAPEX
In one FY, he allocated over N500bn to social welfare under presidency without a statutory portfolio or NASS oversight. That budget without minstry/portfolio was bigger than budgets of mins of health and education combined. You love voting for them because they love keeping you retaxrded

Proof, please. Social welfare was given during Covid-19 and that’s how it has been worldwide. It’s an emergency relief. No be your governors stole more than half of it?

Yes. We love voting for them so that we can deter Yeasterners from becoming our president. Are you ok with that or you need a jar of sniper?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BigIyanga: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2023
MeineMutter:

Proof, please. Social welfare was given during Covid-19 and that’s how it has been worldwide. It’s an emergency relief. No be your governors stole more than half of it?

Yes. We love voting for them so that we can deter Yeasterners from becoming our president. Are you ok with that or you need a jar of sniper?

It’s not my job to educate a calcified brain with calcified mindset. You havent taken time to read any Naija budget from GEJ-GMB..you have shipload of work to do lol.

Since You keep voting for them.. tell them to give you and ur ilk 24/7 electricity… sell petrol at 100/L…Fund your own universities so ASUU strike wont affect them.. build hospitals for voters like u and your folks… but Nope, A liter of PMS is going to N750/l and you must pay.. and I must pay lol.. After working on summer body.. have you saved for summer money and spending… After supporting and voting for them.. make u have saved enough to buy market because your actions..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MeineMutter: 11:15am On Apr 13, 2023
BigIyanga:

It’s not my job to educate a calcified brain with calcified mindset. You havent taken time to read any Naija budget from GEJ-GMB..you have shipload of work to do lol.

Since You keep voting for them.. tell them to give you and ur ilk 24/7 electricity… sell petrol at 100/L…Fund your own universities so ASUU strike wont affect them.. build hospitals for voters like u and your folks… but Nope, A liter of PMS is going to N750/l and you must pay.. and I must pay lol.. After working on summer body.. have you saved for summer money and spending… After supporting and voting for them.. make u have saved enough to buy market because your actions..

We don’t want them to give us everything. We are happy once they give us half of all you mentioned.

What has HimTuLie and your past generation of leaders, including greedy Azikwe that dragged Nigeria backward, given your palm wine-tapping, sliding-tackle, nkpurunmiri, druuuug peddlers, products counterfeiting, okpomiliki, baby factory, highest Nigerian prisoners-in-foreign-lands, flat-headed, one-way traffic, zombidients, fake Jewish descendants generations?

No be for western Nigeria your forefathers had their education when Awolowo was doing free education? Ask your parents. Dem smuggle more than half of your biafla generations to Southwest just to come and enjoy our free education and free healthcare when your redsoil region no dey ok (even till today). Go and read history of Nigeria. SW always comes first. Yeasterners Yib0 land always comes last. No wonder Pandora lost in that erection.

Wailer. It’s a pity you were not born when Bob Marley was alive. You could have joined his band.

Only legends can decode this.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by costandi(m): 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

You are a fool.

The Du Bois Medal is the highest in the field of African and American studies.

It is not the highest honour in every field.

Una just too mumu.
Who said it's the highest honour in every field? Ignoramuses like you always argue against points that were never made. Poohole!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Hearts and Hints Magazines / Here Is How To Get Any Fictional Novel By Any Author At All / How Gbenga Found Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.