Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees (45959 Views)

β€œI Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odogwuzack: 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
anyination:

Let's be factual..
State his achievement while I do mine

I will not join you to denigrate the Sage, Wole Soyinka by comparing him to that little girl.

Let's compare Shimamanda to portable Omo olalomi first, they are close in rank.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by coputa(m): 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Chinjo2:
Take it or leave it. When it comes to literature, Chimamanda no be wole soyinka mate at all.
Soyinka that had third class.Soyinka is not an intellectual.Pius Okigbo and Chinua Achebe are literary giants we should celebrate, and not Soyinka.Reuben Abati will floor Wole Soyinka in any intelectual discuss.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by phemmyfour: 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Who dash her honorary doctorate from Harvard?

It is Haverford College that gave her honorary doctorate, not Harvard.

Go school....you no gree

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BombAttack(f): 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
ChineduAPC:

munmun, time is money. it is a futile effort from a bigot, unintelligent woman.

Look for Kemi Adeosun πŸ€ͺπŸ˜†πŸ˜œπŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…
Leave our daughter for usπŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜œπŸ˜†πŸ€ͺ

Is it your letter tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by donforeign: 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
imam07:
u cant school in abroad and I respect u. Schooling in abroad is easier. I respect Phd holder in naija than telling me u got your Phd in UK.. So don't come here and be giving foolish rating.
Person wey get pas for university in Nigeria will get first class in Yankee
coming from who never go Ghana.. shut up ur mouth
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by JpBiz92: 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
BastadThiefnubu:
Nobody knows Kemi Adeosun apart from Nigerians.
It is an insult to mention Kemi in the same line with a great woman like Chimamanda.
Which nigerians?
Apart from some yorubas not even all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by oyatainer(m): 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
BloomingDale:

See all the degrees. Be like Soyinka na small boy where she dey.

Does it make sense to you? How will you give an emeritus Professor an honorary Doctorate again?
It's like making him less what he is. What Soyinka has gathered were more than this. His were not even honorary but earned on merit.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by webizone(m): 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
BeanX:
You don't fight for good governance by insulting, provoking and fighting people that have contrary opinions. this is nothing but online banditry. you guys should act in a civilized manner and fight for good governance.

My dear, not when your opponents are facing you with the same insults and lack of decorum. Have you seen the type of comments targeted against the obidients? So I don't blame them. Like I said, if Soyinka was wise, that's not the place to talk and put himself into the fray. He should have just kept quiet like he had been.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by omowumi9: 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Small brain is all you ve got.

BastadThiefnubu:
Nobel prize won after licking the ass of the Europeans and betraying his black brothers?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Princelyon247(m): 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2023
I love her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MuslimIgbo: 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
Fineman2:
She's making us proud
She's a fool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MuslimIgbo: 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
BombAttack:

She is our daughter. Don't mind those jealous Yoruba Muslims πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
You're right, don't mind those OSU ALUSI IPOB JEWS
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Plow: 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
Nope! He had 2nd class upper.

coputa:
Soyinka that had third class.Soyinka is not an intellectual.Pius Okigbo and Chinua Achebe are literary giants we should celebrate, and not Soyinka.Reuben Abati will floor Wole Soyinka in any intelectual discuss.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Livingstone124: 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Watch your BP. SEE YOU SEE HEART ATTACK
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Livingstone124: 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
AFRICAN DIVA
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by HBB1(m): 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2023
coputa:

Where did Soyinka have a 3rd class?

You are a liar.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by CoolAmbience(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

That aside.

How do all these honorary degrees translate to being sensible?

Writing the US government regarding the Nigerian Presidential Election revealed everything about her true self.

I have met people ten times smarter than she is but who never got a single honorary degree anywhere.

Who did the US government write when it was all over the news that the election that brought in Former President Trump was flawed?

What does she think the US Government would do regarding the election results from Nigeria? Is she well at all?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by CoolAmbience(m): 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
BloomingDale:

See all the degrees. Be like Soyinka na small boy where she dey.

Which yeye awards be that?

Only a kid we talk about Chimamanda Adichie in comparison with Wole Soyinka.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Tosin67: 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
Some persons here are just mad I swear. Comparing Soyinka with Chimamanda... Nawaoooo. That is comparing Messi and Neymar.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by JpBiz92: 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
CSTRR:
Chinua Achebe 'things fall apart' is the most read and most translated african book of all time.
It has been read and studied in most countries on earth.

That is a legacy that cements his status as the G.O.A.T
An average person in osogbo cannot name three books from soyinka.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BombAttack(f): 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
MuslimIgbo:

Or deh
Which cage and hell are you bleating from?

Can you write a letter to BidenπŸ€ͺπŸ˜†πŸ˜œπŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by AssCraver: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2023
kettykin:
This what we call Ezenwanyi. May all her enemies perish like the dead fish in Lagos lagoon
No wonder some children of hate don’t like her because women from their area can never be like her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Fearyourcreator: 10:30pm On Apr 10, 2023
kettykin:
This what we call Ezenwanyi. May all her enemies perish like the dead fish in Lagos lagoon
Just like Enemy of Tinubu
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by AssCraver: 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Whether Havard or Haveford it doesn’t matter. The most important thing is this is her 18 honorary doctorate. But neither u not your family members have had such in life
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Timmi: 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
Fineman2:
This woman is truly a rare gem

I hope you know what honorary degree means Fineman2 before you start salivating
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by NwaliE01: 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
Just waiting for a day on Nairaland, where there will be no tribal war.

I am certainly convinced now than ever before that it will definitely not happen.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by InvertedHammer: 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
/
And they want to compare this modern day Amazon with a senile, demented man whose only relevance is a Nobel prize given to him since 1986 when many Nairalanders were not born. 37 years later Wole Soyinka has not added anymore feathers to his "one hit wonder"accomplishment. Academically stagnant, he can only remain relevant in an environment where mediocrity is celebrated. I dare say that he is not qualified to tie Chimamanda's shoes. But then we must respect his gray hair. That's it.

/
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Juniorangel(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
Please Nairaland beware of this scammer with this number

+234 915 766 0726
and account details

Acess bank
Chidera Elsie chimenka
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Edoziesmart(m): 10:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
obembet:

Yet your region remain the most backwards region in Nigeria... If your father don't come to wole Soyinka Region... He won't be able do feed you.
Igbo backward?
You must be a joker.

Are you not ashame that someone that left Igbo land to your region is doing well more than your tribe person (Yoruba)

Check the percentage of house owners in Lagos Island between Igbos and Yorubas and tell me whose tribe is doing well between the two.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Hearts and Hints Magazines / Here Is How To Get Any Fictional Novel By Any Author At All / How Gbenga Found Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.