Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons (38186 Views)

Tinubu To Tribunal: Obi/LP's Petition, Final Written Address Is Fiction / INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition / PEPT Steps Down Obi, LP Petition Over inconsistencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by madridguy(m): 10:24am On Apr 11, 2023
You are free to relocate to Kenya.

Funkyswagzz:

Lol kenya that did that in less than a month are they better than us? You guys should keep deceiving yourselves with religious and ethnic sentiment. Other African countries are getting better than us in terms of moral standards and we are dragging something that is utterly pointless. It is the duty of the judiciary to strengthen there laws and policies buh here you are giving excuses because the petition labour party didnt favour you. Ive never seen a backward country like nigeria ever in my life.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by ChineduAPC: 10:25am On Apr 11, 2023
Allardyce:
And the cocaine man you support should be free abi? Silly girl. 🤣🤣
But a man who killed his father,will end up being killed by his son. A Cursed man wants to rule Nigeria by force.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by ORIENTATION101: 10:25am On Apr 11, 2023
KINGS100:
this matter has been treated before and the court ruled that Obi is a legitimate candidate of Labor Party and its going to stand in this case. Obi Legal team have evidence on polling unit bases, you are just ignorant of the fact.

you re a liar, the court dismiss APM cases against eligibility of peter obi because apm didn't present the register of labor party at the court.
Register of labor party ,both hard and soft copy according to the electoral act must be presented 30 days before primary.
APC only need to get labor party register submitted to inec then obi is a gooner

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by CaptainFM1: 10:25am On Apr 11, 2023
PassingShot:

At the minimum, one would expect some of you to be reasonable and discerning.

A primary school kid should know that it is impossible to conclude an election petition case in three months let alone in a month and half.

Tinubu is our president for the next 4 years at the minimum.

The timeframe for the court is not 3 months and definitely not a month and half.
Just for you and the primary school kid knowledge next time. See the attached.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Chucks13: 10:27am On Apr 11, 2023
Yea I support apc. You can't be in far 3rd and still remain defiants, you chop witch or what? I was even expecting my party pdp to say no but surprisingly it's the occultic Marxist shouting he won.

Obi never win any SW only Lagos with just 10k votes and if even election in SW is to be done 100 time infact obi will not get 100k in entire SW because they are angry with him and his co-ingrate invaders. North he never win and can never win. In SS except Edo infact as it stand now if SS election is to be conducted obi will not win a single state I can bet because people eyes already clear from his jazz and remember no more naira swap una go learn hard way.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Believeintruth: 10:28am On Apr 11, 2023
Throwback:
Hahahahahaha!

I love the fact that APC has taken Obi back to PDP where he belongs.

When Labour Party finally get a true presidential candidate, they can then come back to challenge Tinubu.

You don't have sense

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by ChineduAPC: 10:29am On Apr 11, 2023
Clevite:

Interim again! So, you are still on this day-dreaming about Interim government? Those false prophets have really got hold of your mind. Please free your mind!
Prophet wey no see covid. Prophet wey no give palliatives but are developing apps for tithe and offering.gods of men.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Deraluther1(m): 10:29am On Apr 11, 2023
grin why the panic? Allow the Tribunal act with their own wisdom, you've already won the election.

Are you looking for a photographer for your event?
Deraluther1 Cre8ions gives the Best!

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Gajagojo: 10:30am On Apr 11, 2023
Delay tactic
Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by PassingShot(m): 10:30am On Apr 11, 2023
Arapmoi22:

Kindly go back to what you wrote earlier as quoted and show exactly where you stated that you were referring to period between election and swearing-in date.
I think that is a communication lapse.
It's you that need to take that advice.

If someone says election tribunal should decide the petition before May 29th, me replying that it's not possible to achieve in three months (Feb to May) or in a month and half (from now till May 29 which is the swearing-in date), I do not see how that response is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by sterlingD(m): 10:30am On Apr 11, 2023
The issue is on the election and the election process leading up to the declaration of the winner nothing morel believe (correct me if l am wrong)
Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by nairalanda1(m): 10:31am On Apr 11, 2023
zoedew:

Populism of the blind and headstrong slant have no place in the dispensation of Justice. Peter Obi was a member of LP within the 30 day period prior to the election. If he had stayed in PDP Tinubu would have found it near impossible to win.

Exactly, that' s what I tell Obidients and even some Atikulators from time to time, and they get abusive. They even call me a tinubu supporter, like as if I like that man.(He is even the main reason why I never vote for APC, and to be honest in 2006, when Gani was going after him in the courts, I was hoping Gani would win, and stop him now and then).

Honestly, PDP was divided in to 4 factions. APC had at least 2 factions, but APC stayed united up till Feb 25, while PDP split into 4 factions. The result turned out as expected. APC won.

Have been following some African countries elections. And the rule is always the same...divide the oppositon, and half the ruling party's work is done.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Cryofigbos: 10:32am On Apr 11, 2023
CondenseMilk:
APC said that PO should go to court. Now that PO is in court you want the judge to dismiss the case?

Never!

My friend dis is also part of d court process......go to court does not mean go and win and will fold my hands mumu😂😂

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by ChineduAPC: 10:32am On Apr 11, 2023
Drone17:

A political party can adopt a candidate even without him being their member.

This response is out of the window.

😂😂😂
munmun, for Biafran constitution abi.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2023
Penguin2:

See, let APC file cross-petition to challenge Obi’s results in the Southeast. We want the election in Southeast nullified and redone.

But this time, we want electoral materials to arrive in time to every polling unit in all 5 states of Southeast. And results MUST be transmitted from polling units.

I swear to you, you would be marveled at the actual votes Obi will get. The votes of Southeast were suppressed, systematically and otherwise, just to reduce Obi’s numbers.

The Southeast voted nobody else.

And if other region were to done again obi would get the number of votes again
Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by nairalanda1(m): 10:35am On Apr 11, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Lol kenya that did that in less than a month are they better than us? You guys should keep deceiving yourselves with religious and ethnic sentiment. Other African countries are getting better than us in terms of moral standards and we are dragging something that is utterly pointless. It is the duty of the judiciary to strengthen there laws and policies buh here you are giving excuses because the petition labour party didnt favour you. Ive never seen a backward country like nigeria ever in my life.

I keep hearing Kenya. Kenya has issues to.

The last election in Kenya was marred by allegations of fraud, and three out of the seven electoral commissioners disclaimed the results...and there was some tension. Took a ruling by the courts to allow the winner claim his mandate.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by ChineduAPC: 10:36am On Apr 11, 2023
zoedew:

I agree. However, Peter Obi lost the moment and the movement when he went to the Tribunal to contest the Tinubu victory when it was clear that he was third place.If I were in his shoes it would be more important for me to tend the movement in a manner that will make larger than the Labour Party and transcending party politics. That way, in four years victory would be sure. But he blew it!
Greediness and bigotry which are the true intent ruined him.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Bhol28: 10:36am On Apr 11, 2023
Na now una go no say SAN no be by mouth alone.Some lawyers;like Fagbemi earned it with brain.Some na just SAN by mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by wayforward2grea(f): 10:37am On Apr 11, 2023
The question is, why did Obi deleted the resignation letter on his twitter page today? Lol grin

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:38am On Apr 11, 2023
madridguy:
You are free to relocate to Kenya.

God you guys are too too stupi.d abeg. Very empty and powerless over ethnicity and religion yet u shift the blame to someone else knowing you fully well you are guilty of it. So who is deceiving who? I pity you guys cos if you think tinubu presidency will favour u, are simple a goat sorry sheep i mean to say
Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Cryofigbos: 10:40am On Apr 11, 2023
kingsways:
That a party should submit their register doesnt mean the party should close their register

U don't know u have to be a member of a party for a particular period of time b4 u can contest under such party........😂😂😂

U think u can wake up 1 day and just use money to buy a party and every member of it

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by coolplanet: 10:41am On Apr 11, 2023
Eniitankorede:

Many of you are legally illiterate. If you know the law, you will see that their counter argument is very strong and compelling. How can Obi contest election when he was not a member of LP? How can Obi claim irregularities without giving evidence on polling unit basis? Answer those questions based on the law.

Was inec sleeping when they accepted his name?
Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by onuman: 10:42am On Apr 11, 2023
Faiththatworks:
May the best lawyers win for their parties. Election Tribunals are part of the Democratic process,I believe everyone will have an opportunity to prove their case before the Honourable Judges.
This year's Presidential tribunal judges will really have their hands full.
2 parties are arguing they won the election,meaning after Labour and PDP are able to prove APC lost the election,they still have to prove their opponent didn't win.
Another 2 parties want the Tribunal to cancel the presidential Election because the electoral body didn't comply with its guidelines.
So if PDP and Labour prove ApC didn't win the election,and also argue they are the winner,the other 2 parties can pour sand into their garri by showing proof the Election didn't comply and therefore have the Election cancelled.
grin grin grin grin...........
This is really confusion breaking the bones of the Honourable Judges on the Election Tribunal.
Na wa for Nigeria political parties........
God bless Nigeria

In bold: that's the most valid point before the Tribunal. INEC contravened the Electoral Act on direct transmission of election results electronically in real time.
Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:43am On Apr 11, 2023
nairalanda1:

I keep hearing Kenya. Kenya has issues to.

The last election in Kenya was marred by allegations of fraud, and three out of the seven electoral commissioners disclaimed the results...and there was some tension. Took a ruling by the courts to allow the winner claim his mandate.

Exactly my point let the court decide we are so backward abeg. So if we keep tolerating these minor disregard for these corrupt practices we will never have any progress. Do you know alot a people that wrongly convicted of crime they didnt commit?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by JetStar: 10:45am On Apr 11, 2023
CondenseMilk:
APC said that PO should go to court. Now that PO is in court you want the judge to dismiss the case?

Never!

Preliminary objection can be heard the court and case can be dismissed if the court determines that a candidate has no locus standi in a case.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Ventura1: 10:46am On Apr 11, 2023
You cannot aggregate rigging, it has to be proven PU by PU, and that is extremely difficult.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by madridguy(m): 10:46am On Apr 11, 2023
It is now very obvious that you are a product of baby factory hence no moral or any home training for you.

Pack your bag and leave Nigeria, you won't be missed.

Funkyswagzz:

God you guys are too too stupi.d abeg. Very empty and powerless over ethnicity and religion yet u shift the blame to someone else knowing you fully well you are guilty of it. So who is deceiving who? I pity you guys cos if you think tinubu presidency will favour u, are simple a goat sorry sheep i mean to say

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Eniitankorede: 10:46am On Apr 11, 2023
coolplanet:

Was inec sleeping when they accepted his name?

Its not for INEC to dispute that. Its the job of opponents. Go and read the law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Arapmoi22: 10:46am On Apr 11, 2023
Spiritualsdeeps:
Go to Court, LP is in Court Already... They wants Tribunal to strike it out..

Does this Implies Fears and Anxiety whatsoever.

Well, When Ambode was Kicked out and they choose SANWO Olu, They keep saying SANWO Olu DESERVES second term because he Performed, When you mentioned that Ambode too Performed now.

The same APC said it is a Party Affair To Choose who they like to Represent them.

LP chooses who they want to Represent them as their Presidential candidate, Is that also not a Party Affair. Why is APC having Headache about Another Party affair... Same they do same they Accuse another Party..

Chat! Nigerian Politicians ..PDP, APC Na Waooo

Let me just help your ignorance with the following few lines.

As far as electoral act 2022 is concerned, both Sanwoolu and Ambode were APC card carrying member 5 years before the primary (not 30 days).
So, whatever happened, it was fact that Ambode participated in the Primary. It was direct primary as allowed under their party constitution and Electoral act 2010 which was the existing act then.
So, their was nothing wrong from the point of law.

As for the LP right to do what it likes, NO, it must be within the ambit of the law.
Hence, if LP can do what it likes, then APC, PDP and every Nigerians can do what they like.
In truth and sincerity, what we can do are regulated by rules.
Just the same way we can't wake up one morning and tell our father that we want to start sleep with our Moms.
Is it within anyone's right to do such, yes, but not a right given by Law, Custom, Culture, Religion or common sense.

LP accepted Obi on 27/05/2022 and made him Presidential candidate 3 days after. That is against Electoral act 2022 (as ammended).

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Bhol28: 10:46am On Apr 11, 2023
seanfer:

Watery to you. Please can you fault any of the points raised in the response?
Do they even have sense to reason on their Own?Calling this watery further proves why they are termed ZOMBIES

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons by Eniitankorede: 10:47am On Apr 11, 2023
KINGS100:
this matter has been treated before and the court ruled that Obi is a legitimate candidate of Labor Party and its going to stand in this case. Obi Legal team have evidence on polling unit bases, you are just ignorant of the fact.

No court ruled on his eligibility in the past. And if they have polling unit evidence why wit-hold it from the defence?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault / Reno Omokri Returns To Nigeria, Meets NSA, Nuhu Ribadu / Shettima, Governors Visit President Tinubu In Lagos For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.