Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? (8860 Views)

Farmers How Much Are You Selling Your Chickens For Christmas? / How Safe Is Your Farm From Herdsmen Activities? / Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by stormborn28(m): 4:55pm On May 09, 2023
recklesslove:
How are u guys coping?

My farm na inside church compound e dey..no herdsmen wahala...but una for don kill those useless herdsmen na..why una dey dull..

I will always cherish the East for going out in full against those terrorist

3 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by SpIitmind: 5:02pm On May 09, 2023
If you don't want trouble just give them what they want.
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Brushstrokes20: 5:09pm On May 09, 2023
The lifeless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS really destroyed this country!
The sole remedy is get yourselves some automatic weapons and kill the bloodthirsty baaaastarrrds before they kill you! undecided
Nobody has monopoly to violence undecided
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Igbojew: 5:26pm On May 09, 2023
JoeEeL:
Oh, is that an Edo man complaining. Wow, wow pls let me laff small, ma binu. grin

I can remember when I used to shout and voice out the danger of one nigeria and why nigeria remaining one spells certain invasion by these terrorists. I remember some edo little boys on this nairaland mocking me. That was as far back as 2020, 2021. They told me all manner of things that edo is different, that they could try the sh*t in other places but edo.

In 2021, MN Kanu was kidnapped from Kenya. I remember a lot of you laughed. Igboho's house was attacked. Maybe because Igboho is not as loud as Kanu, his own mockery was reduced but he was still mocked.

Some of you here yabbed IPOB, ESN. Called them terrorists... People defending their own lands.

Now is the time of reckoning. At this stage, nobody pities anybody. You must have heard the phrase: "Gbogbo wa lo ma je breakfast".

P.S: That some of you still call them herdsmen only shows you don't yet know what is up against you. In Darfur, they used camels. In Sokoto, they used horses. Today, they used cattle. These are mechanisms, only the wise will understand, not a typical zoogerian.
Thank you for stating the obvious but trust those children of hate and perdition that hate everything about Igbos to avoid this your message because it really hit them hard.God will keep blessing the prophet of our time great Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB/ESN for protecting South East no matter what Igbo haters says about him...................I am that Igbo Jew

3 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by stormborn28(m): 5:30pm On May 09, 2023
GeneralPula:
Most of these herdsmen story are tales..

Farming is going on smoothly..
This is one of the terrorist... President Buhari is a terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by stormborn28(m): 5:32pm On May 09, 2023
SpIitmind:
If you don't want trouble just give them what they want.

Another terrorist... Reason. Why I will keep supporting ESN even though I'm from south-south
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Lovelyn451(f): 5:39pm On May 09, 2023
I pity Nigerians, even the food basket of the nation has been overthrown and these herdsmen are extending their activities to other states, famine will soon catch up with guys. keep shouting apc upandan
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by JoeEeL(m): 5:52pm On May 09, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Nigerians cannot understand because they are illiterate

That is the reason I say being a Nigerian and being an intellectual are mutually exclusive.

One can't be both.

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by onumadu: 7:19pm On May 09, 2023
The questions that arise are the following:

(1) Has anyone ever seen or heard Tinubu speak out forcefully against insecurity in any part of Nigeria?
If the answer is negative ...
(2) Why then are there people (mostly from his side of Nigeria) bent on foisting him on Nigeria by hook or crook?
(3) Why should I support my brother who would look the other way when/or collude with foreign terrorists to take over my ancestral land in exchange for "power"?
(4) What is the need or use for such power when my ancestral land is taken by terrorists?
It seems to me that tribalism is stronger than common sense!

BTW, maybe now some of you will understand why the ESN is the strongest "institution" in the East.
We no send dem, but on this issue, they have more credibility than government institutions.
Prove them wrong if you disagree with them.
And the only way to prove them wrong is to over-deliver security for the people.
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by OctavianAC(m): 7:32pm On May 09, 2023
EdiskyHarry:

But there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

That is wickedness, why did they put the light at the end of the tunnel?

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Tohsynetita1: 7:34pm On May 09, 2023
Earthstorms:

I have somewhere in Delta state close to Ologbo with no herdsmen wahala.

I have another farm about 5km from this farm with herdsmen wahala.

For the one with herdsmen wahala, we engage the locals who are giving the herdsmen backing. We threaten the locals with lawsuits, drag them before the local government chairman, expose them to the community as the ones who brought herdsmen into the community to be causing crop damages.

This approach has help in reducing the herdsmen damage as their local sponsors try to save their necks by reigning in the herdsmen as much as possible.

You can try this approach. There is always a local indigene collecting money from the herdsmen in the community and giving them backing to go a graze in the bush around the community. Get that indigene and harass him to pay for the herdsmen damages.

You can also use water to blackmail the herdsmen into not destroying your crops. Checkout who they are getting drinking water from and make the person to stop giving water to any herdman that uses his cow to destroy crops or any herdsman that grazes his cows at night.

I can give you a land where there is no herdsmen wahala but it is a forest land so you will have to do some tree felling before you can grow your crops
which state, am interested
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Tohsynetita1: 7:37pm On May 09, 2023
there are some crops that are poisonous to cattle, such crops are economical and can be used as a thick fencing for one's farming before establishing.
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by nomolos92: 7:47pm On May 09, 2023
recklesslove:
Good morning farmers. Please how are you guys coping with insecurity and herdsmen activity? Please if your place is safe n there are available lands for farming please kindly notify. Herdsmen wan finish person for here in Ovia Edo state.

Deal with them and their maloo

They won't stop if you don't stop them
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Earthstorms(m): 10:29pm On May 09, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
which state, am interested

Delta state.

How many acres can you farm?
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Earthstorms(m): 10:37pm On May 09, 2023
recklesslove:
Good morning farmers. Please how are you guys coping with insecurity and herdsmen activity? Please if your place is safe n there are available lands for farming please kindly notify. Herdsmen wan finish person for here in Ovia Edo state.

Relocate to delta state. I can give you free land to farm.

See the electric fence Energizer I bought from china. Each one can power 40 km of electric fence.

It will power the fence with 12,000 volts of electricity, cows can not cross it.

It will be powered by solar with battery backup. I plan to use it to protect my farm from cows and thieves that are stealing my plantain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by occfx: 10:39pm On May 09, 2023
JoeEeL:
Oh, is that an Edo man complaining. Wow, wow pls let me laff small, ma binu. grin

I can remember when I used to shout and voice out the danger of one nigeria and why nigeria remaining one spells certain invasion by these terrorists. I remember some edo little boys on this nairaland mocking me. That was as far back as 2020, 2021. They told me all manner of things that edo is different, that they could try the sh*t in other places but edo.

In 2021, MN Kanu was kidnapped from Kenya. I remember a lot of you laughed. Igboho's house was attacked. Maybe because Igboho is not as loud as Kanu, his own mockery was reduced but he was still mocked.

Some of you here yabbed IPOB, ESN. Called them terrorists... People defending their own lands.

Now is the time of reckoning. At this stage, nobody pities anybody. You must have heard the phrase: "Gbogbo wa la ma je breakfast".

P.S: That some of you still call them herdsmen only shows you don't yet know what is up against you. In Darfur, they used camels. In Sokoto, they used horses. Today, they used cattle. These are mechanisms, only the wise will understand, not a typical zoogerian.

Don't mind the idiots... If you are supporting evil, it will focus on you soon. Try attacking any herder now, they will deploy Ak47. Thank God for ESN and MNK

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Tohsynetita1: 10:48pm On May 09, 2023
Earthstorms:

Delta state.

How many acres can you farm?
severals, it's rent or borrow or purchase mode?
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by fcbelle72(f): 5:48am On May 10, 2023
My local government , Ohafia in Abia state has stopped consumption of cow meat for over 3 years now and still counting , the act has removed all cow carrying fulani herdsmen , if any villagers want to celebrate, he or she must use other alternative other than cow meat, and the process has really helped our farmers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Earthstorms(m): 8:33am On May 10, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
severals, it's rent or borrow or purchase mode?

What I have is for rent. You can get hundreds of acres for rent.

There are people who are looking for buyers for farmland as well, you can get to buy if that is what you want.

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Emma513: 9:21am On May 10, 2023
Emmastan291:
Tinubu Can do better
BETTER? WHERE ARE THE COWS, COMMENT SHOW THAT HE WANT TO EXCHANGE LAND TO POWER
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Tohsynetita1: 9:40am On May 10, 2023
Earthstorms:

What I have is for rent. You can get hundreds of acres for rent.

There are people who are looking for buyers for farmland as well, you can get to buy if that is what you want.
how much
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Earthstorms(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
how much
How much for what?
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Tohsynetita1: 10:06pm On May 10, 2023
Earthstorms:
How much for what?
rentage
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Earthstorms(m): 2:49am On May 11, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
rentage

7000 naira per acre per year

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Superpack589: 9:19am On May 11, 2023
Earthstorms:

7000 naira per acre per year
Which part of Delta do you have this land please?

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by amadasunfarm(m): 11:28am On May 11, 2023

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Earthstorms(m): 11:59am On May 11, 2023
Superpack589:

Which part of Delta do you have this land please?

Oghara area.

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by garfield1: 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2023
Cc generalpula
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by GeneralPula: 8:26am On Jun 02, 2023
garfield1:
Cc generalpula
There’s no herdsmen crisis over here bro. Farming is on-going..

I just came back from Iga-fulani now self. Among my cows, 3 gave birth this week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Success1975: 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2023
I have brand new Shovel fertilizer applicators for sale. Interested farmers should contact Sam on 08050864352.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Groundnut Oil & Palm Kernel Oil Processing/extraction Business In Nigeria. / Poultry Farming / The Big Difference Between Nigeria's Palm Oil AND Malaysia's Palm Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.