Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? (8832 Views)

Farmers How Much Are You Selling Your Chickens For Christmas? / How Safe Is Your Farm From Herdsmen Activities? / Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by kufre2010: 3:15pm On May 09, 2023
Poison your farm crop any cow that eat it will die
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by hardeytornor(m): 3:15pm On May 09, 2023
I have 10 arces for sale at ewekoro local government Ogun state
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by hmohammed(m): 3:20pm On May 09, 2023
recklesslove:
Good morning farmers. Please how are you guys coping with insecurity and herdsmen activity? Please if your place is safe n there are available lands for farming please kindly notify. Herdsmen wan finish person for here in Ovia Edo state.

I had an experience with herdsmen last week and a huge shout out to the GEN SEC of MACBAN. I called him and he intervened. I have just been paid 200k today.
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by 7brigade: 3:20pm On May 09, 2023
rainmoredays:
As Buhari dey carry him yeye go, I hope we farmers laugh again

Yes o ...make buhari get out...I know say shettima will destroy all of d herders insha Allah...😀😀
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by eben97: 3:24pm On May 09, 2023
So Edo state too has herds men trouble ,you mean Fulani abi local indegenes ??How can u guys go so low into allowing fulanis herders turn your lands upside down anyways all of you southern leaders that played evil political cards into the hands of APC beigining fro BAT TO BUBU, GOD go shame una.Fulanis have now officially taken over almost every part of Nig. I for one live and farm up north , I do GNut,Maize ,millet etc.but BuBu brothers won't allow us rest here even though we live with the hausas and the Fulani all together.Even the hausas here are now afraid of Fulani oo!!them no bornnua well challenge them in d forest , na killing matter for people.They kill at will and even Govenors can't deal with them as the senior man at FCT have Thier backing .I really pray BAT would be able to deal with this guy's else .... Nig shall become unbearable in few years time like Mali and d likes

2 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by gaddafe(m): 3:28pm On May 09, 2023
JoeEeL:
Oh, is that an Edo man complaining. Wow, wow pls let me laff small, ma binu. grin

I can remember when I used to shout and voice out the danger of one nigeria and why nigeria remaining one spells certain invasion by these terrorists. I remember some edo little boys on this nairaland mocking me. That was as far back as 2020, 2021. They told me all manner of things that edo is different, that they could try the sh*t in other places but edo.

In 2021, MN Kanu was kidnapped from Kenya. I remember a lot of you laughed. Igboho's house was attacked. Maybe because Igboho is not as loud as Kanu, his own mockery was reduced but he was still mocked.

Some of you here yabbed IPOB, ESN. Called them terrorists... People defending their own lands.

Now is the time of reckoning. At this stage, nobody pities anybody. You must have heard the phrase: "Gbogbo wa lo ma je breakfast".

P.S: That some of you still call them herdsmen only shows you don't yet know what is up against you. In Darfur, they used camels. In Sokoto, they used horses. Today, they used cattle. These are mechanisms, only the wise will understand, not a typical zoogerian.

What have you written? If Edo boys mocked you in 2020 it's because you presented yourself to be mocked. Just like what you wrote here. It's total nonsense that I don't even know what message you're trying to pass. Herdsmen issues have been in Edo as far back as 2016/2017. So as at 2020 anyone who was in Edo knows there were herdsmen in Edo and the indigenes were tackling it as best as they could. As far back as 2019, Edo State government purchased arms for most communities ravaged by herdsmen. It is normal for you to see most community guys moving about with pump action. Although we know this is not enough but it helped since the indigenes claimed they know the environment better than any herdsmen. What were you expecting? That an Edo man will start supporting ESN? Was that authorised by the government? If you want to go on with illegality, you are free but don't force people to join that cause. There's no way any Edo man can support Nnamdi Kanu as he had insulted the Edos in several of his speeches. The same with his followers. Keep your struggle in SE for now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by LastProphet: 3:30pm On May 09, 2023
LordEclipse:

Nothing like herdsmen issues here in my part of Abia.. Them no born them well.. The scores go clear their doubt if them try

Where was the primate of Methodist taken last year by Fulani boys? That area belong to Fulani between okigwe and that next to when going on Enugu expressway. Maybe your side is safe

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by RepoMan007: 3:31pm On May 09, 2023
GeneralPula:
Most of these herdsmen story are tales..

Farming is going on smoothly..
APC agent

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by JoeEeL(m): 3:31pm On May 09, 2023
gaddafe:

What have you written? If Edo boys mocked you in 2020 it's because you presented yourself to be mocked. Just like what you wrote here. It's total nonsense that I don't even know what message you're trying to pass. Herdsmen issues have been in Edo as far back as 2016/2017. So as at 2020 anyone who was in Edo knows there were herdsmen in Edo and the indigenes were tackling it as best as they could. As far back as 2019, Edo State government purchased arms for most communities ravaged by herdsmen. It is normal for you to see most community guys moving about with pump action. Although we know this is not enough but it helped since the indigenes claimed they know the environment better than any herdsmen. What were you expecting? That an Edo man will start supporting ESN? Was that authorised by the government? If you want to go on with illegality, you are free but don't force people to join that cause. There's no way any Edo man can support Nnamdi Kanu as he had insulted the Edos in several of his speeches. The same with his followers. Keep your struggle in SE for now.

Mtcheew.

Mr man, go and face your herdsmen and stop looking for easy opponent to fight on nairaland abeg. Im not d cause of una problem.

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by softsoul22(m): 3:34pm On May 09, 2023
Kindly contact your export clearing agent for the exportation and documentaion of your Hardwood Charcoal, and Agro commodities products. We are your usual plunge.

Contact our WhatsApp : https:///message/JYOT5PSHTCDOF1
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by GeneralPula: 3:39pm On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
APC agent
I get farm bro
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by YoshihideSuga: 3:40pm On May 09, 2023
I recalled a report by someone based in Edo state on twitter on how herdsmen ransacked their farms. They complained bitterly to the police to no avail. Then they used juju and that got the herdsmen to reduce their atrocities. Guess what happened later? Police attacked the community and arrested the young males 🤣

Nigeria will teach you people a lesson. I hope y'all learn a thing or two.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by YoshihideSuga: 3:43pm On May 09, 2023
kufre2010:
Poison your farm crop any cow that eat it will die

When you do this, they will mark down your farm to kill you as the farmer and raze the crops. Farmers in Nasarawa, Plateau, Ogun, Taraba have implemented the same plan you mentioned. What are they left with? Disfigured hands (in fact, Google that term + Nasarawa) and burnt farms.

Remember, the incoming president reply to a question about the atrocities of herdsmen on an elite Yoruba man's daughter: where are the cows?

3 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Earthstorms(m): 3:48pm On May 09, 2023
Okundaye4:

Your contact please

Send me a dm
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Millimann: 3:57pm On May 09, 2023
They are not a threat in the southeast.
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Aliftedmusic: 4:05pm On May 09, 2023
True. You are NOT SAFE on your farm
Ologundudu2020:
This one thing stopping me from mechanize farming yet. The fear of the unknown in Nigeria.
Imagine having about 10 hectares of cassava plantation and someone come to hack you to death while harvesting

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by coins501(m): 4:10pm On May 09, 2023
recklesslove:
Good morning farmers. Please how are you guys coping with insecurity and herdsmen activity? Please if your place is safe n there are available lands for farming please kindly notify. Herdsmen wan finish person for here in Ovia Edo state.
We have about 10 acres of land available for sale in Kira, Tai LGA, Rivers State for 300k per plot. Patriarch is very old and just wants to enjoy small proceeds from his land before e goes. DM if you're serious, Nothing like herdsmen here.
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by CHIOMAEZEH: 4:10pm On May 09, 2023
I thought the menace if herdsmen was a myth cooked by the people from the southeast.... Yet you hear of them rampaging in Plateau, Benue, Kogi and now, Edo...

When do we scram this old farming method of open grazing?

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:12pm On May 09, 2023
recklesslove:

Benin Republic ,Cameroon, Togo Republic, Tanzania, Mozambique Cote d'Ivoire that is where a lot of Nigerians are buying Land for farming. Evil Nigerian in Europe and America the ones which do not have good salary or a retiree in agriculture those countries are too expensive so they come to this African country to do farming.
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Waffarianman(m): 4:12pm On May 09, 2023
recklesslove:

Same here in Delta state yesterday I just dey para got to my farm was very angry 💢😡 after discovering that the lil palm tree I just planted gor eaten up. those idiots use dia cows to graze everywhere. D tin pain me sha, God eepp me

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by gaby(m): 4:13pm On May 09, 2023
Earthstorms:

Send me a dm

How can one get 1000+ acres in Edo state?
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:15pm On May 09, 2023
JoeEeL:
Oh, is that an Edo man complaining. Wow, wow pls let me laff small, ma binu. grin

I can remember when I used to shout and voice out the danger of one nigeria and why nigeria remaining one spells certain invasion by these terrorists. I remember some edo little boys on this nairaland mocking me. That was as far back as 2020, 2021. They told me all manner of things that edo is different, that they could try the sh*t in other places but edo.

In 2021, MN Kanu was kidnapped from Kenya. I remember a lot of you laughed. Igboho's house was attacked. Maybe because Igboho is not as loud as Kanu, his own mockery was reduced but he was still mocked.

Some of you here yabbed IPOB, ESN. Called them terrorists... People defending their own lands.

Now is the time of reckoning. At this stage, nobody pities anybody. You must have heard the phrase: "Gbogbo wa lo ma je breakfast".

P.S: That some of you still call them herdsmen only shows you don't yet know what is up against you. In Darfur, they used camels. In Sokoto, they used horses. Today, they used cattle. These are mechanisms, only the wise will understand, not a typical zoogerian.

Nigerians cannot understand because they are illiterate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:17pm On May 09, 2023
butpro:
I hope Baba tinubu choses his cabinet very well fromi minister of agriculture to AGF. These are few ministers that determine the smooth runnin of the government. Besides, all those intervention funds that only goes to the northern part of the country should be evenly distributed. Ministers of water resources have impacted only the north.

You are a dreamer the person which took Lagos to the west city in Africa now you want him to develop the country keep on sleeping
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Elev82014: 4:19pm On May 09, 2023
This is just the beginning of the problem that awaits you and the rest of Nigerians. I thought IPOB and ESN is the problem judging by the way most of you guys on this platform, especially the ones from Edo State, get an erection every time IPOB/ESN is mentioned. You have NOT seen anything yet. Just get ready to abandon your ancestral land for the Fulani terrorists to take over. The question you should be asking is what IDP camp would be safe enough for you and your family to go to in the next few months because that's how bad it's gonna get. As you guys keep focusing and HATING on IPOB/ESN, your land is being taken from you right before your eyes. Keep on HATING on IPOB!

3 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:23pm On May 09, 2023
Elev82014:
This is just the beginning of the problem that awaits you and the rest of Nigerians. I thought IPOB and ESN is the problem judging by the way most of you guys on this platform, especially the ones from Edo State, get an erection every time IPOB/ESN is mentioned. You have NOT seen anything yet. Just get ready to abandon your ancestral land for the Fulani terrorists to take over. The question you should be asking is what IDP camp would be safe enough for you and your family to go to in the next few months because that's how bad it's gonna get. As you guys keep focusing and HATING on IPOB/ESN, your land is being taken from you right before your eyes. Keep on HATING on IPOB!

Most Nigerian people are illiterate and cannot even waiting the average Nigeria we follow a donkey I have this thing this for Nigerians in Europe and America. I have seen Nigerians killed themselves for the country and the country does nothing for them abroad. Nation of illiterate
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by arantess: 4:23pm On May 09, 2023
JoeEeL:

He that hath an ear, let him hear

Them no dey tell blind man say war don start and people dey run

1 Like

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by arantess: 4:27pm On May 09, 2023
LordEclipse:

Nothing like herdsmen issues here in my part of Abia.. Them no born them well.. The scores go clear their doubt if them try
There's a community in emohua, rivers state when these blood suckers reach there, the boys gather themselves and went after them
Shot the cows, dead the herdsmen, put them inside abandoned well...called their women to carry cows and chop

That was the first and last they ventured that community

Anyone from emohua side suppose corroborate this gist

Nigerians must not treat them with kids gloves or else you lose your ancestral lands

3 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by boldtruthalways: 4:38pm On May 09, 2023
GeneralPula:
Most of these herdsmen story are tales..

Farming is going on smoothly..
May what has befallen many farmers in the hands of herdsmen happen to you. Say Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Heyzee5: 4:39pm On May 09, 2023
JoeEeL:

Pls can you speak further on the bolded probably on a dead thread? I am a concerned citizen like you. It seems the country is under siege especially with the presence of this Hausa/Fulani people everywhere in the SouthWest doing Okada, shoe maker and other menial jobs. One begins to suspect that there are other reasons for their presence in such large numbers in the SouthWest in recent times apart from the economic reason "cover story".

5 Likes

Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Papertrail11(m): 4:46pm On May 09, 2023
Is there something one can use perhaps a chemical mixture to deter them?
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Emperormartin(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2023
recklesslove:
This is the sole reason IPOB instituted ESN.

But Nigeria government truncated the move and now they're spreading the whole Nigeria.

Any attempt you make there in Edo state to reduce their excesses the federal government will fight you through Nigeria soldiers.

Buhari really empowered them. Anyway, he has asked for forgiveness
Re: Farmers, How Are You Coping With Insecurity And Herdsmen Activities? by Ulunne777(f): 4:54pm On May 09, 2023
LordEclipse:

I swear. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snail Farming How Profitable? / Groundnut Oil & Palm Kernel Oil Processing/extraction Business In Nigeria. / Poultry Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.