Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! (1246 Views)

Marriage Has Failed Me! / God Failed Me / Am Totally Hopeless And God Seems Far Away From Me. Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Onetenth: 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2023
My biggest advice here is

*Fear the power of polygamy
*Give your children the best education they want
*Don't be too pissed to lay curses at your kids on any slight provocation.

My story won't be long

I believe every downfall I probably might have encountered or still encountering is because of the above examples.

This has affected me to the stage that a 28years guy like me can't boast of being a man in the house despite being the eldest presently.

I have failed in all ramifications, and I'm scared I might still fail. I don't give up easily, but I'm just pouring out my mind here so as to give advice and also receive some advice in return.

Imagine someone promised to give a car to me for e-hailing only for them to give someone else who they claim is a family, while I was running around to finish my documentation with them. I have so depended on them.

Just this morning I withdrew cash from pos to pay a VIO agent who wants to help me with my driver's license. Only for me to realize I was scammed by this man. He told me he works at VIO at yaba office because that is close to my side. I met him this morning at jibowu underbridge to handover the cash to me, and he told me to come back at 1:00pm for documentation and biometric only for me to call him and I realized his number was also saying busy, then later not available. I went to ask of him at VIO office I was told no one bears his name.

I'm back to square one again, lookin g for another money to do the drivers license, I got home just now I was told my son is ill. No cash on me as a father, I have failed.

Life is unfair, it is well..
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Foodqueen(f): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
Give us the reasons for the aforementioned.

What did u deal with growing up
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Righteousness2(m): 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
Your problems are not ordinary. There is a cause. Until the cause of your problem is dealt with, you may keep going doing everything with little Or nothing to show.

Go to The Lord's Chosen charismatic revival ministry and get your freedom.

Onetenth:

My story won't be long

I believe every downfall I probably might have encountered or still encountering is because of the above examples.

This has affected me to the stage that a 28years guy like me can't boast of being a man in the house despite being the eldest presently.

I have failed in all ramifications, and I'm scared I might still fail. I don't give up easily, but I'm just pouring out my mind here so as to give advice and also receive some advice in return.

Imagine someone promised to give a car to me for e-hailing only for them to give someone else who they claim is a family, while I was running around to finish my documentation with them. I have so depended on them.

Just this morning I withdrew cash from pos to pay a VIO agent who wants to help me with my driver's license. Only for me to realize I was scammed by this man. He told me he works at VIO at yaba office because that is close to my side. I met him this morning at jibowu underbridge to handover the cash to me, and he told me to come back at 1:00pm for documentation and biometric only for me to call him and I realized his number was also saying busy, then later not available. I went to ask of him at VIO office I was told no one bears his name.

I'm back to square one again, lookin g for another money to do the drivers license, I got home just now I was told my son is ill. No cash on me as a father, I have failed.

Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Mikeeytools: 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2023
OP you are not street smart. That's just the problem. How can u give someone money under the bridge.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Onetenth: 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2023
Foodqueen:
Give us the reasons for the aforementioned.

What did u deal with growing up

I was born into a polygamous home, hell I saw growing up. I have once created a thread on that with my former moniker. Infact the thread hit Frontpage few weeks ago

Secondly, my parent didn't take my education serious while growing up, especially my tertiary education.

Lastly, while growing up mom can swear ehn! Those things I guess are telling on me now

2 Likes

Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Onetenth: 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2023
Righteousness2:
Your problems are not ordinary. There is a cause. Until the cause of your problem is dealt with, you may keep going doing everything with little Or nothing to show.

Go to The Lord's Chosen charismatic revival ministry and get your freedom.

I take prayers seriously than food
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Onetenth: 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
Mikeeytools:
OP you are not street smart. That's just the problem. How can u give someone money under the bridge.
I met him a year ago disgusing as vio personnel with some colleagues when he stopped d car I was driving. He demanded for my DL which I don't have. He threatened to take the car to their office and yunno what will happen if he does, I had to bribe my way that day and he released me, it was that day he gave me his contact that I must do my DL.

1 Like

Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Stevenbright(m): 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
Onetenth:
I was born into a polygamous home, hell I saw growing up. I have once created a thread on that with my former moniker. Infact the thread hit Frontpage few weeks ago

Secondly, my parent didn't take my education serious while growing up, especially my tertiary education.

Lastly, while growing up mom can swear ehn! Those things I guess are telling on me now

You need to change your mindset.

Nobody can do you except you! Your mind is your greatrst asset and you need to use it positively.

You need to develop a positive mental attitude which you currently lack!

I suggest you read up some of Napoleon Hill books most especially "Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude" , "Outwitting The Devil" and "Think and Grow Rich".

I have the PDF editions of these books and you can drop your email and I will send them to you if interested.

1 Like

Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Caaz: 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2023
Things dey happen Sha .I think I remember you now.slimqqqui or something similar to that name
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Onetenth: 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
Caaz:
Things dey happen Sha .I think I remember you now.slimqqqui or something similar to that name
yeah.
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Onetenth: 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2023
Stevenbright:

You need to change your mindset.

Nobody can do you except you! Your mind is your greatrst asset and you need to use it positively.

You need to develop a positive mental attitude which you currently lack!

I suggest you read up some of Napoleon Hill books most especially "Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude" , "Outwitting The Devil" and "Think and Grow Rich".

I have the PDF editions of these books and you can drop your email and I will send them to you if interested.
bro it's not about mindset, it is what it is.

Is mindset the reason after a stressful day, my son fell sick?
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by TheBTCinvestor: 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
Onetenth:
I met him a year ago disgusing as vio personnel with some colleagues when he stopped d car I was driving. He demanded for my DL which I don't have. He threatened to take the car to their office and yunno what will happen if he does, I had to bribe my way that day and he released me, it was that day he gave me his contact that I must do my DL.

So he chop u two times...kai grin omo u need prayers bro..I Don laugh fall for floor..kikikkiki grin
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by JAkpayen(m): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2023
Onetenth:

My story won't be long

Life is unfair to you because you caused it and you have solution to undo it. Where do you think you go for driver's licence? How can someone promise you one same day & you paid already? Even if he brought it, na "Oluwole" DL he will give you. You are responsible to take care of your family because whatever happens you will be blamed. Nobody go send you oooo!

Who told you that only graduates make it in life at this age. Many who survive are those with skills. You can start with YouTube videos on what you are passionate about
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Onetenth: 7:26am On Apr 12, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

So he chop u two times...kai grin omo u need prayers bro..I Don laugh fall for floor..kikikkiki grin
but it isn't funny yunno
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 12, 2023
How do you do business dealings under the bridge and expect them to be legit though?

I'm sure your gut feeling tried to warn you, but you didn't listen.

3 Likes

Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Onetenth: 9:32am On Apr 12, 2023
Samantha124:
How do you do business dealings under the bridge and expect them to be legit though?

I'm sure your gut feeling tried to warn you, but you didn't listen.
I have once been arrested by him disgusing as vio officer, I never thought of scam😔
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Righteousness2(m): 10:09am On Apr 12, 2023
Onetenth:
I take prayers seriously than food

You have prayed and prayed and yet you remain the same. Don't you know there is a problem that needs a greater anoiting?
Go to the Lord's CHOSEN and get your freedom.
If you wanna keep arguing, that's your choice
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by yemmit90: 8:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
@op, in as much as I will agree with you that there is generational curse, I will also advise you to work on your mindset. The way you think is very vital to your development.

You will be surprise the next person had more issues he/she is facing than you. You are never alone as far as Nigeria is concerned, only the rulling class and elites are enjoying this country presently. Try to focus on your Transport business, get connected with another dealer, and if possible, try other things you are good at.

And most importantly, keep hoping on the Lord, he knows everything about your predicament, he will never disappoint you. Always pray and bath with SEA SALT to wade off negative energy from your self.

Wish you best of luck in all your endeavour.
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
I can't really judge you because desperation can lead us to making bad decisions in life.

But don't let your desperation be the death of you, be careful.
Onetenth:
I have once been arrested by him disgusing as vio officer, I never thought of scam😔
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Dgreatman10: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
yemmit90:
@op, in as much as I will agree with you that there is generational curse, I will also advise you to work on your mindset. The way you think is very vital to your development.

You will be surprise the next person had more issues he/she is facing than you. You are never alone as far as Nigeria is concerned, only the rulling class and elites are enjoying this country presently. Try to focus on your Transport business, get connected with another dealer, and if possible, try other things you are good at.

And most importantly, keep hoping on the Lord, he knows everything about your predicament, he will never disappoint you. Always pray and bath with SEA SALT to wade off negative energy from your self.

Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Pojomojo: 8:48am On Apr 14, 2023
Onetenth:
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Pojomojo: 8:52am On Apr 14, 2023
yemmit90:

There's no generational nonsense. My father is from a polygamous home, infact he did even get opportunity to go to school but ended up working in an IOC, Bsc, Msc before he died. Oga Op! You can make it, start with what you had. My dad taught in Premier college, worked with Leventis (where he got his foreign professional certificate) before moving to IOC.
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by zed7: 10:15am On Apr 14, 2023
This guys needs money and not this long stories.
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by RoadMozart(m): 2:15pm On Apr 14, 2023
Bro.....

My advise for you is this.

1. Draw closer to God. I hope you're aware of the fact that this life is spiritual? If you don't know by now, I'm so sorry it took so long to realise.....

2. Draw Closer to God. Only God can change what you know to be generational curses to blessings.....

If you do, you'll be surprised at how everything would begin to work out for you.
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by frozen70(f): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2023
Onetenth:

My story won't be long

Just don't birth another child till you find your bearing
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by Onetenth: 9:32pm On Apr 14, 2023
frozen70:

Just don't birth another child till you find your bearing
child nke? When last did I have erection? I totally forgot I have a penis beneath me talkless of birthing a child to suffer.
The one I have one has been sick for d past few days, I can't even go to hospital to check on him due to shame that I don't have cash to give
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by tony231964: 12:38pm On May 13, 2023
Young man! In this thread and your previous one, every advice has been given to you. We all know that advice is easy, even those struggling like you will be quick to give advice. There is no scarcity of advice. Once upon a time, my friend failed or refused to answer a phone call and didn’t know it was the call the would have changed his life. He thought it was scam.

“All too often missed opportunities are in plain sight.” “I always watch for the longest day in the year and then miss it.” “William's smile is heavy with missed opportunities and lost years".
Re: Life Might Have Failed Me. Advise! by tony231964: 12:55pm On May 13, 2023
JAkpayen:

Life is unfair to you because you caused it and you have solution to undo it. Where do you think you go for driver's licence? How can someone promise you one same day & you paid already? Even if he brought it, na "Oluwole" DL he will give you. You are responsible to take care of your family because whatever happens you will be blamed. Nobody go send you oooo!

Who told you that only graduates make it in life at this age. Many who survive are those with skills. You can start with YouTube videos on what you are passionate about

John 9:1-10
And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. …

(1) (Reply)

Am Bleeding Emotionally ,someone Pls Help! / Asaba: House Girl Gives Birth To Baby Boy, Buries Him In Shallow Grave / Dutch Girl, 12, Gives Birth On A School Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.