Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? (59779 Views)

Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? / A 21-year-old Man Who Drank 4 Energy Drinks A Day Hospitalized / This Drink Is For Increase Of Libido, Premature Ejaculating, Low Sperm Count (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by occfx: 2:28pm On Apr 12, 2023
Rapmoney:
I don't take such drinks. I'm allergic to them.

I don't even understand them.. I feel helpless whenever I take energy drink. If I need energy I take cold black beer.

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by martineverest(m): 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2023
It contains too much caffeine and sugar....... thus raising heart,brain and diabetic activities

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:30pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmiDon11:
I am addicted to energy drinks.

I take fearless, climax, predator, monster and so on.

Anytime i am weak, i regain strength by taking some.

And i am starting to believe that it might have some effects on my body system.

Pls what are the side effects?
let me tell you a short story…
Just last year (around April) the P.A to the MD of a popular real estate company in Lagos died in a swimming pool.
He had finished work for the day and decided to go relax at a pool. He drove there with his brother then asked his brother to go home(not too far from the hotel he went to swim at) and get him a change of clothes. The brother took his car and before he returned less than an hour later, he met his brother’s lifeless body… accounts of the lady in the swimming pool (she was there on her own too swimming) was that he swam the length of the pool twice to and fro and on the 3rd lap, he just stopped moving midway. She thought he was just resting but after a while, it was too long for a person to not have moved. She raised alarm and he was gotten out of the pool but was already dead. They checked the CCTV camera and what the lady had said checked out. She was just at the side of the pool seated with her legs in the water when suddenly the guy stopped moving. Apparently, he suffered cardiac arrest (seemingly perfectly healthy guy.). It was lter found out that this guy was literally addicted to redbull energy drink and that was the last thing he drank before leaving work and wht he was drinking while at the pool. Energy drinks boost ur strength but how? Ur heart rate is accelerated which gives you the feeling of boosted strength and your heart can only take so much stretch and stress. Caffeine is a slow killer. Same reason you’re hyper with energy drinks is same reason people get hyper with coffee and other similar drugs/ drinks… you either stop it or reduce ur intake….. without even asking here, a simple google search will tell you the danger you’re putting yourself into….

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by sorepco(m): 2:31pm On Apr 12, 2023
I take once every 2 months. Excessive intakewill kill u

EmiDon11:

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Sweetvie: 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
Hmm
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
Who told you that the so called energy drinks actually replenish your energy more than water would?

My people like someone said already, what you're experiencing is simply called placebo effect.

Energy drinks are no better than water.

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by wiseone28: 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2023
As long as i see Halal no problem
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Inner19(m): 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2023
If u know u are guilty of taking those drinks above.

Plus the Beer and Alcohol drinkers plus even the Smokers and Substance-Takers who have been taking all these for so many years.

Go and buy this drink here.

It will save your destiny.

It's just 40K per pack.

You can DM for a pack

Don't say I didn't inform you oo.

You don't want to know what you don't know.

Believe me.

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by jikins(m): 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmiDon11:

Energy drinks have certain ingredients that increases your risk
of heart disease like hypertension, arrhythmias and the likes. Caffeine is one, sugar, sodium among others. Especially blacks who are usually sodium retainers. You have to be very careful, especially with your salt intake and the likes. Especially if someone in your family has or have had hypertension.

But obviously just because it increases your risk of getting a disease doesn't mean everyone who drinks energy drinks constantly will get it. But to a large extent blacks tend to be at high risk of hypertension because we are usually high sodium retainers.

Its best to live life in moderation if you can, because you only get one. There are a lot of complications from hypertension that I don't wish on anyone.

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by drimzsmoke(m): 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
PulaPower:
They contain caffeine. If you're a sport person or somebody who do use much energy everyday, they're good. Tho I don’t drink these you posted. I drink black bullet only..

The day I drink origin plus black bullet, the girl I baptized that day was delivered beyond revelation.

Is black bullet an energy drink
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by TyroneP(m): 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2023
Dehydration (not enough water in your body)
Heart complications (such as irregular heartbeat and heart failure)
Anxiety (feeling nervous and jittery)
Insomnia (unable to sleep).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Sapeleboy911(m): 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2023
I don't know how I got delivered from these useless energy drinks. Most especially fearless. From my observation, it made me quite strong during the day and very lazy in bed. Now the aroma of it alone can make me throw up. Coca-cola and Maltina are next in line for me to quit.

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Ramirezkhay(m): 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
cheesy

Are you on any form of medication after cutting it off?

shocked

bbfanboy01:
Many pple includin myself has witnes shortnes of breath, chest pain amongs others after consumin fearless for a prolonged period . My doc friend asked me to stop drinkin dem immediately
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmiDon11:

Don't you notice that your heart beats 100x faster after taking it?

This applies to all energy drinks

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by SKIBiNSKI(m): 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2023
Beebah321:
No side effects.
This life is too short. So enjoy yourself. smiley
It can cause heart attack, it contains caffeine. Just like in cigarettes or coffee, it also contains atleast 50 spoons of sugar. Life will be shorter for anyone drinking these shit.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by qtx(m): 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmiDon11:

Dont be decieved. Energy drinks have long term side effects. They include:
*Dehydration (not enough water in your body).
*Heart complications (such as irregular heartbeat and heart failure).
*Anxiety (feeling nervous and jittery).
*Insomnia (unable to sleep).

NOTE:
>>The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that adolescents do not consume energy drinks, yet between 30–50% reported consuming energy drinks.1,3
>>The National Federation of State High School Associations recommends that young athletes should not use energy drinks for hydration, and information about the potential risk should be widely distributed to young athletes.10

So choose what you want, all those sides effects or forget the immediate solution of strength you get when you take them.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by SKIBiNSKI(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
CondenseMilk:

Don't you notice that your heart beats 100x faster after taking it?

This applies to all energy drinks
I bet he didn't know this.

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by JBoss25(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
Jimmythewise:
You remind me of so many delusional folks I've met. You state zero facts and yet you are so sure of what you're saying.
People who speak like this probably heard someone they respect say so and so thing is bad and you run around echoing same.
he is probably the type to say everything is bad

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by drimzsmoke(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
let me tell you a short story…
Just last year (around April) the P.A to the MD of a popular real estate company in Lagos died in a swimming pool.
He had finished work for the day and decided to go relax at a pool. He drove there with his brother then asked his brother to go home(not too far from the hotel he went to swim at) and get him a change of clothes. The brother took his car and before he returned less than an hour later, he met his brother’s lifeless body… accounts of the lady in the swimming pool (she was there on her own too swimming) was that he swam the length of the pool twice to and fro and on the 3rd lap, he just stopped moving midway. She thought he was just resting but after a while, it was too long for a person to not have moved. She raised alarm and he was gotten out of the pool but was already dead. They checked the CCTV camera and what the lady had said checked out. She was just at the side of the pool seated with her legs in the water when suddenly the guy stopped moving. Apparently, he suffered cardiac arrest (seemingly perfectly healthy guy.). It was lter found out that this guy was literally addicted to redbull energy drink and that was the last thing he drank before leaving work and wht he was drinking while at the pool. Energy drinks boost ur strength but how? Ur heart rate is accelerated which gives you the feeling of boosted strength and your heart can only take so much stretch and stress. Caffeine is a slow killer. Same reason you’re hyper with energy drinks is same reason people get hyper with coffee and other similar drugs/ drinks… you either stop it or reduce ur intake….. without even asking here, a simple google search will tell you the danger you’re putting yourself into….

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The man already had an underlying heart condition,anything could have triggered it,sudden fear or shock,name it!!!
There are reports from medical journals that suggest caffeine helps prevent colorectal cancer (CRC) and other types of cancer.It is also used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder(ADHD) and asthma(when theophylline is not available)....caffeine is used in treatment of some types of headache too
If you want to educate people on the adverse effect of something,try telling them its benefit as well....the benefit of caffeine far outweighs its side effect

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by emonkey(m): 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2023
Possible side effects include diabetes, heart attack and psychiatric issues such as panic attacks.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by SKIBiNSKI(m): 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2023
TyroneP:
Dehydration (not enough water in your body)

Heart complications (such as irregular heartbeat and heart failure)

Anxiety (feeling nervous and jittery)

Insomnia (unable to sleep).
Absolutely!
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by jidxin(m): 2:46pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmiDon11:

Ol
brain damage
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Tegabadguy(m): 2:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmiDon11:

grin grin grin grin grin grin no side effect
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by PulaPower: 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2023
drimzsmoke:

Is black bullet an energy drink
Yes, it is.
But with enough caffeine content to gets you high.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Originalsly: 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2023
Energy drinks ... high caffeine / sugar levels ..... that's what gives you the energy boost. When it wears off ... your energy level d4ops below normal ... so you have to take a other one to boost it up again... and the cycle continues ... becomes an addiction ... the reason you have to constantly take one. At the same time you are boosting energy you are boosting blood pressure .... and hardening your arteries. Have your blood pressure checked.... it may be very high and you have no clue. Many heavy users have gone to bed and woke up knocking on Heaven's door .... die in their sleep. Some suddenly drop dead .... all stroke. How well do you sleep at nights?... or do you have to take sleeping tablets? Energybdrinks alsoncaus3 insomnia..... you be like watchman ... up all night... just can't sleep ..never mind you were up since two days ago. Then your kidneys ... under stress ..... facing damage.... later in life... if you make it... dialysis. Look the content list ..... and you'll know that those stuff listed can't be good for you.

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by finallybusy: 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2023
This vermin once again.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by drimzsmoke(m): 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2023
PulaPower:

Yes, it is.
But with enough caffeine content to gets you high.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Black bullet has no caffeine content....Black bullet is a vodka,an alcoholic drink
Blue bullet is the energy drink....you can Google it!!!
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by ITbomb(m): 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
Drink plenty of water
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by ghettochild4u(m): 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
They are all caffeinated drinks.
In truth this drinks don't give any energy and if it does its insignificant.
The only thing it does is to keep u awake n when u re alert u find urself engaging in any activity n not feeling tired...
The most damage it does is to increase ur blood pressure and heart beat due to too much caffeine.
That's the downside of those drinks
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by mylove4God(f): 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2023
The only energy drink I wasn't afraid to take is Fearless.
I feel it is less active compared to others and it is the only drink( or thing) that have made it possible for me to stay awake at night.

I had to limit my consumption when I realized that I have started taking it like water grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

45-Year-Old Man Commit Suicide In Imo By Hanging (Graphic Photos) / Man Commits Suicide In Delta State, Says 'I Will Die Today, I Hate Family' / My Patient Has Gonorrhea In Her Eye (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.