Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? (59782 Views)

Are Energy Drinks Really That Bad? / A 21-year-old Man Who Drank 4 Energy Drinks A Day Hospitalized / This Drink Is For Increase Of Libido, Premature Ejaculating, Low Sperm Count (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Pes13: 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2023
I am a medical personnel, and I will tell you what it does.

It kills the Beta cells In your pancreas. The pancreatic β-cell plays a key role in glucose homeostasis by secreting insulin. When these cells die, it leads to diabetes. The long effect of energy drinks can cause diabetes.

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by droid9: 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2023
Viltron:
Who told you that the so called energy drinks actually replenish your energy more than water would?

My people like someone said already, what you're experiencing is simply called placebo effect.

Energy drinks are no better than water.
Energy drink contains caffeine not water, caffeine stimulates your brain and central nervous system hence the rush of energy so it’s not placebo.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Orionis: 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2023
High blood pressure.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Poleski: 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmiDon11:
I am addicted to energy drinks.

I take fearless, climax, predator, monster and so on.

Anytime i am weak, i regain strength by taking some.

And i am starting to believe that it might have some effects on my body system.

Pls what are the side effects?

You're killing yourself gradually with a lot of sugar. Instead of buying those junk sugar drinks buy banana. It can boost your energy naturally.

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Tiney: 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2023
It affects your liver because of the high caffeine and sugar content
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Inali: 8:23pm On Apr 12, 2023
They have excessive caffeine.

Anyway, one thing I know you can't get overdose of is music and you need the right earbuds to do that magic. Use Oraimo freepods 4 for that magic

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Enemyofpeace: 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2023
Beebah321:
No side effects.
This life is too short. So enjoy yourself. smiley
says who? Just say you don't know

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by AnitaofEurope: 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmiDon11:

Anytime you feel weak just take Jobelyn Capsule..thank me later
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
Kokoboss:
My own is too much maltina. Is it good so?
u go short pass d bottle!
Find out!
cool

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by mrmachine: 9:53pm On Apr 12, 2023
[quote author=23jerryking post=122466218]Ogs it's not just enough to cut out warnings, tell him the side effects. You're only trying to scare him and not telling him what he should be scared of.[/quote

He is already having elevated insulin level. That's dangerous
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by wizkidblogger(f): 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2023
TyroneP:
Dehydration (not enough water in your body)

Heart complications (such as irregular heartbeat and heart failure)

Anxiety (feeling nervous and jittery)

Insomnia (unable to sleep).

valid!
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Danisaint112(m): 10:23pm On Apr 12, 2023
EmiDon11:

A man was said to take atleast 4 energy drinks daily for 2 years and had a lover and kidney failure in a space of 3 months. Energy drinks consumed in excess would damage your organs overtime.

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by merits(m): 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2023
Natbrowny:
Moderation is everything.

Even food has side effects when its too much.

Dnt take dem like soft drinks.
Atyms all u need to regain strength na better sleep n rest
Better sleep and rest that is what I do.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2023
If u exercise on a regular u don't have to worry.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by bigcasava1(m): 4:44am On Apr 13, 2023
EmiDon11:

okay continue! Side effects by ur side
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by cedricksly: 7:17am On Apr 13, 2023
Beebah321:
No side effects.
please thee disadvantages outweighs the advantages..
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by cedricksly: 7:19am On Apr 13, 2023
EmiDon11:

kidney stone, diabetes, caffeine or addiction, sexual dysfunction, should I continue? You are digging your grave if you don't stop this right away.

1 Like

Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by donhils: 8:55am On Apr 13, 2023
23jerryking:
Ogs it's not just enough to cut out warnings, tell him the side effects. You're only trying to scare him and not telling him what he should be scared of.
Exactly
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by abah001: 9:11am On Apr 13, 2023
Reminderz:
I'm sorry for you.. you think you're enjoying abi? you're killing yourself slowly... ever wonder why the food and drinks we consume this days slowly damages our health? have you ever wondered why we treat ailments that were not heard of from the past? the things we consume daily slowly deteriorates our health.. and when your immune system can no longer take it anymore, you begin to spend money to regain back your health...

and you might not even be working out, I'm really sorry for you bro.. you won't understand what it is now, but later when you need your health most...

Why not state the reason it not good to the health
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by MisterGrace: 9:50am On Apr 13, 2023
Beebah321:
No side effects.

Dehydration (not enough water in your body).
Heart complications (such as irregular heartbeat and heart failure).
Anxiety (feeling nervous and jittery).
Insomnia (unable to sleep).
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by magzey: 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
I have never taken any if this stuffs, in fact even fanta or Coke I think is only twice in a year if I must take. grin
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by Lobotomy02: 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2023
EmiDon11:

Wafeeeku!
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by BerniceIma: 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
Pes13:
I am a medical personnel, and I will tell you what it does.

It kills the Beta cells In your pancreas. The pancreatic β-cell plays a key role in glucose homeostasis by secreting insulin. When these cells die, it leads to diabetes. The long effect of energy drinks can cause diabetes.
We can finally conclude that artificial food kills the body faster than even hard drugs.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by BerniceIma: 2:08pm On Apr 14, 2023
Food from nature is the best medicine for the human body.
Re: Energy Drinks: What Are The Side Effects Of This Drink? by blazepascal(m): 9:36am On Apr 22, 2023
Sugar ..flee from sugar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

45-Year-Old Man Commit Suicide In Imo By Hanging (Graphic Photos) / Man Commits Suicide In Delta State, Says 'I Will Die Today, I Hate Family' / My Patient Has Gonorrhea In Her Eye (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.