Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo (33097 Views)

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / Lawyer Petitions NFVCB Over "Fantastically Corrupt" Line In Chief Daddy Movie / NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by PopQueenAgency: 4:08am On Apr 13, 2023
When are we going to see protests by custodians of tradition over the way oro was disrespected and desecrated during the guber elections in Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by broadman20: 4:38am On Apr 13, 2023
Draslo:
Interesting. Generally speaking, it's a really good movie. I had my reservations though. It portrayed the Eyo in a very bad light. The Eyo are very revered in the culture of Lagos state. To show a murder carried out with the Eyo regalia on is very wrong. I don't think any the Igbos would be very welcoming if Mmanwus were portrayed as being used to assainate neither will the people from Cross River take lightly the Ekpe being used for the same.

It's a really great movie with superb acting and directing but respect needs to be paid to people's culture before you tarnish the image. People come from all over the world for the Eyo festival. Whats the point in changing their point of view? Lagos is already scary for any foreigner...no need to bastardize one of the few cultural tourist attractions we have.

Please shut your piehole...or should I say eba&vegetablehole

You hate the truth a lot, why?

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by tete7000(m): 5:07am On Apr 13, 2023
They should shoot their own film that portrays their culture I'm the right light.

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by nisai: 5:14am On Apr 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I knew that film will have problems the moment they used Isale Eko. These woke youths do not have sense enough to get the view of those they want to trade off their history and heritage for their own momentary gain.

The Osiberus who I know are very good people from Ijebu Ode and that BB whatever boy from Ago Iwoye did not use Ago Iwoye or Ijebu Ode but he went on to use Isale Eko in a film that misrepresents Isale Eko.smh

They will likely recieve beating if they ever step foot on Isale Eko.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Which BB boy?
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 5:23am On Apr 13, 2023
Funniest thing is that one of the executive producers which is bankole wellington, banky w is from isale eko himself,moloney beside obalende, around tbs,people can throw their culture and heritage under bus cos of monetary and momentarily gains

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by gbonty(m): 5:30am On Apr 13, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Great movie based on the legendary “Godfather” movie. That Isale Eko Union shouldn't stifle creativity in our fast-improving movie industry. The only issue I have with that flick was the not-too-real guns used in the movie. Also some other minor glitches like when Adesua Etomi shot Kazeem with a Glock, after the first shot, she lowered the Glock and primed it again to fire a second shot, it doesn't work that way, once a Glock is cocked, you keep shooting till you empty the clip. Epic movie by the way just like “Gangs of London”. I'mma chek out “Gangs of New York” presently.
I thought I was the only person who noticed that
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by arantess: 5:33am On Apr 13, 2023
TimFisher2:
undecided

Good!

That movie should be banned outwardly!

You can't embarrass the real owners of Lagos and go scot-free

Every Yorubanza demonsss should go back to his state of aborigines not claiming Lagos including the ones that have denied their ancestry like Iragbaji, Ondo and the rest just because their states weren't developed by intelligent Nigerian elites

I have not heard someone saying leave Oyo or Ekiti, Ogun, Ondo, and Osun for us...

Please comrades what happened to those states and why are they not paying special attention to the states like the way they are paying special attachment on Lagos

Or is it because it is been presently developed by red mud huts everywhere?
The states are sooo developed you wouldn't see it...
They don't want to spoil the development that's why they migrate to and start claiming lagos

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by arantess: 5:35am On Apr 13, 2023
MrRemedyAlagbo:
Funniest thing is that one of the executive producers which is bankole wellington, banky w is from isale eko himself,moloney beside obalende, around tbs,people can throw their culture and heritage under bus cos of monetary and momentarily gains
I guess he is Omo ale because of that

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by koxyz: 5:37am On Apr 13, 2023
TimFisher2:
undecided

Good!

Every Yorubanza demonsss should go back to his state of aborigines not claiming Lagos including the ones that have denied their ancestry like Iragbaji, Ondo and the rest just because their states weren't developed by intelligent Nigerian elites

I have not heard someone saying leave Oyo or Ekiti, Ogun, Ondo, and Osun for us...

Please comrades what happened to those states and why are they not paying special attention to the states like the way they are paying special attachment on Lagos

Shayo,you just finish taking your Loud
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Crystalvivi: 5:53am On Apr 13, 2023
From the movie you'll understand that kazeem was impersonating an eyo...the movie never portrayed that eyos were affiliated to gangs and crime...but it was used cos that was the only way to get into the House of a "KING" without rousing any suspicion as they were revered and respected and kazeem as usual is a coward doesn't play by the rules....and can turn anywhere to his battle field even when his ways are morally wrong
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Yuneehk(f): 6:02am On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:
Thank God the people that produced and directed it are Yorubas, some people would have started another round of propaganda and hatred.

Do you get... Same thing I thought when I saw the caption.

2 Likes

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by OmarBashir: 6:09am On Apr 13, 2023
Well I think this Isale Eko group are scheming for monetary settlement, The movie don blow na, make Dem sef go settle. Una go see we no go hear anyother thing again.

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Chetas81(m): 6:18am On Apr 13, 2023
THE TRUTH YOU KNOW SHALL SET YOU FREE OR NOT TO SET YOU FREE
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by plucky16(m): 6:35am On Apr 13, 2023
That movie is full of lies. It told a false narrative about a group of people's cultural heritage. Anyone in his or her senses would know. I already expected the indigenes to sue them in some way.

The producers could have use fictional name for the city as they did for the characters in the movie.

Stupid woke generation.

2 Likes

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by WhereMyLoud: 6:38am On Apr 13, 2023
Every thing na Union for Nigeria now oh.. ! Imagine Isale Eko Descendants' Union. Hahahaha
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by xangerar: 6:43am On Apr 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I knew that film will have problems the moment they used Isale Eko. These woke youths do not have sense enough to get the view of those they want to trade off their history and heritage for their own momentary gain.

The Osiberus who I know are very good people from Ijebu Ode and that BB whatever boy from Ago Iwoye did not use Ago Iwoye or Ijebu Ode but he went on to use Isale Eko in a film that misrepresents Isale Eko.smh

Which one is BB boy from Ago Iwoye? Since when did actors start having such rights to redirect a script? The production crew determines what an act should represent in a movie. An actor is a sojourner on the set of a movie.
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by madampresh(f): 6:47am On Apr 13, 2023
So what should they do? The deed has already been done.
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by blingxx(m): 6:48am On Apr 13, 2023
Winneepye:
Nigeria film makers should sell more of historic stories and not the fake American wannabe nonsense stories.

You are right Sha .. na Weytin kill Indian movies in the 2000s be that
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by xangerar: 6:50am On Apr 13, 2023
Elxandre:

Was he the producer or director?
A criminal element disguised as eyo doesn't make the movie offensive.

Honestly, our level of sensitivity here is highfalutin. You know I remembered "Nuns on the Run". That old English movie where two thieves went into a convent and masked as Roman Catholic Reverend Mothers to do nefarious things. You can imagine that kind here. Heaven for fall!
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by MrFly(m): 6:58am On Apr 13, 2023
Some Nigerians get fish brain, so Arab countries do sue film makers when they potray their countries as terror nations. we sabi overdo 4 naija. cultural heritage my foot.
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by kosssy: 7:00am On Apr 13, 2023
Dem wan use style collect deve.. 😂😂😂
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by okuwehcris: 7:01am On Apr 13, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:

Cultural misappropriation is very bad, it's better to kill the mis-information before it travels wide.

I understand your point, but the people should return the festival to what it use to be. The èýò festival has become what the film depicts. In the early days we usually go out to follow this eyo and it's very interesting and fun to do as I was born within the area, but some years backwards it has become cult groups fighting each other under the guise of eyo, it has become risky going out to watch them.

During this festival there's a meeting point between "lafiaji", itafagi, isaleko etc where they meet and it's fun watching them challenging it other, but now the meeting point is like a cult war.

Let the elders look into it and correct the errors during the festival to prove the movie wrong
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by anyilalaz: 7:02am On Apr 13, 2023
Draslo:
Interesting. Generally speaking, it's a really good movie. I had my reservations though. It portrayed the Eyo in a very bad light. The Eyo are very revered in the culture of Lagos state. To show a murder carried out with the Eyo regalia on is very wrong. I don't think any the Igbos would be very welcoming if Mmanwus were portrayed as being used to assainate neither will the people from Cross River take lightly the Ekpe being used for the same.

It's a really great movie with superb acting and directing but respect needs to be paid to people's culture before you tarnish the image. People come from all over the world for the Eyo festival. Whats the point in changing their point of view? Lagos is already scary for any foreigner...no need to bastardize one of the few cultural tourist attractions we have.

As an Igbo man, I care less if Mmanwus were used in any form for movie, even my name, my surname name or my village so far there was caveat warning that all characters, names, places, etc in the movie are just imaginary, not real, and that any coincidence are not real.
FILM na FILM.

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Fearyourcreator: 7:05am On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

Is there any reason why you would like to know?
Na here you dey sleep and wake
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by bigtt76(f): 7:08am On Apr 13, 2023

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Zetty177x: 7:10am On Apr 13, 2023
TimFisher2:
undecided

Good!

If u watch,those claiming Lagos are not from there. There's no single Lagos state governor past or present that came from Lagos. Mc Oluomo is from Kwara. All of them fighting for Lagos are outsiders
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 7:11am On Apr 13, 2023
to be honest, eyo is a very quiet masqurade, they are calmer compared to their counterparts in other yoruba cultural states
Draslo:

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by ugodson(m): 7:11am On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:
Thank God the people that produced and directed it are Yorubas, some people would have started another round of propaganda and hatred.

Well said. Thank God is not another tribe

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Zetty177x: 7:11am On Apr 13, 2023
anyilalaz:

As an Igbo man, I care less if Mmanwus were used in any form for movie, even my name, my surname name or my village so far there was caveat warning that all characters, names, places, etc in the movie are just imaginary, not real, and that any coincidence are not real.
FILM na FILM.
You get sense

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by yampro: 7:14am On Apr 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Why will they they be beating.
You just confirmed what the film writer put out in the movie.
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Honestfrend: 7:16am On Apr 13, 2023
daveP:
Do these guys ever understand fictional stories atall?

Why are they fuming over rubbish?

Nobody's impression about Eyo will ever change because of a movie. This is a chase after the wind.

This only reasonable comment here.. Tradition killing this country.. If no be tradition na religion..

Very senseless people..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judge Orders Prosecution Of Three Channels Television Staff / Lion Of Jada Releases First Episode On The Life Of Nigerian Strippers / Miss Teen United Nations Nigeria Reality TV Show Hosts 2019 Edition In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.