Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,026 members, 7,845,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down (16831 Views)

Speakership Race: Gbajabiamila, Wase In Public Spat / Speakership Race: Betara Meets Members-elect In Saudi Arabia (pics) / Princess Miriam Onuoha: APC Wins Okigwe North Federal Constituency Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 13, 2023
Livelystone01:

Nobody is stopping her from aspiring to become what she desires.

She has to abandon this emotional blackmail and strategize like others who wants it.

Power isn't given, but taken.

We are all for equality, no white position for white elephants.

Exactly.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by NigerianAngelo(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2023
I support her.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by TheRedpillguy: 9:21am On Apr 13, 2023
Feminist
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by Maynman: 9:21am On Apr 13, 2023
pantheraleo:
Miriam is a christian (Hebrew) name now. In the Bible, she was Aaron's sister and helped deliver Moses.

A hebrew name is not a Christian name.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by jimmychang: 9:25am On Apr 13, 2023
Okoroawusa:

And you are a female? How long will it take you to learn that women are at a disadvantage in all spheres of societal existence and it's not just a Nigerian thing?

You are a fool ooh....life is by merit if she can't convince people to vote for her why is she a politician.it is because she is a woman every man should step down grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by Makinaki: 9:40am On Apr 13, 2023
OneCandleAway:
I swear if I'm given head of disability commitee as house of reps member I will NOT take it.

Of all commitees?

Shows your ignorance. It would shock you how
far behind Nigeria is when it comes to Disability rights & Equality. What am I even saying? Your ilk only see politics as an opportunity to line your pocket, not as a call to serve. Hang your head in shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by slowice(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2023
I agree with her,those criminals guys should step down.

2 Likes

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by obynokoko: 10:01am On Apr 13, 2023
advanceDNA:
They should step down ??
Is that not witch craft??...what is it with women and getting everything easily ??

She should contest with her male colleagues,no stepping down for anyone.women advocate for gender equality now she wants gender favoritism.what is wrong with Nigerian woman, always wanting everything on a platter of gold
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by Image123(m): 10:04am On Apr 13, 2023
bukatyne:

cheesy

Who knew I would see the positive in a terrible situation? cheesy

Hehehehe, in fact.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by obynokoko: 10:04am On Apr 13, 2023
Nigerian women clamour for gender equality but when the chips are down they want gender favoritism.Nigeria women are confused.let her contest with her male colleagues if she wins fine else she should rest
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by obynokoko: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2023
[quote author=Isheoma post=122477259]I think they should give her a chance o [/quote

Why ?for what,is she superior to her male counterpart
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by obynokoko: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2023
[quote author=TheMaterialist post=1224844

Exactly.[/quote]

Well spoken
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by Chucks13: 10:25am On Apr 13, 2023
Unfortunately madam we want male from SE for tha position and I will give you reason:

If they elect you as the speaker being a woman obi morons will capitalise on you being a woman to be causing mayhem in the chamber by threatening you or intimidating you to do their bidding so sorry we need a strong head man from SE if that fail then SS should grab it.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by bukatyne(f): 10:29am On Apr 13, 2023
Okoroawusa:

And you are a female? How long will it take you to learn that women are at a disadvantage in all spheres of societal existence and it's not just a Nigerian thing?

If the ladies in your family are at a disadvantage, I and my female family members are not.

I am not a victim.

3 Likes

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by BRATISLAVA: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2023
Caramia2020:
The last female speaker was a disaster, Patricia Etteh I think.

And the world run by men has been utter Utopia—just pure unadulterated honesty, no corruption or fraud cases, worldwide peace, no wars, prosperity without any economic hardship whatsoever, global economic upturn everywhere. It's the fantastic world men have been and still are building.

1 Like

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by BRATISLAVA: 11:29am On Apr 13, 2023
Dbegining:
See entitlement mentality!!

Others should step down, your candidature "must be pushed"

See this is the same mentality with many ladies. No doubt she will be a disaster!

If e sure for you why you dey tell others to step down?🙄🙄😒😒

But your politicians, men, have been asking others to step down for them, and say it's their right and turn to rule you, but it's never been seen as "entitlement mentality". In fact, they've said and done worse, but they are men so it's no big deal. They've destroyed and are destroying the world while at it. But it's no big deal, it is women that will be a disaster.

Many of you need to drop your gender bigotry.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by BRATISLAVA: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2023
bukatyne:

If the ladies in your family are at a disadvantage, I and my female family members are not.

I am not a victim.

Run for an elective post and read the comments to prove there's no disadvantage. Then count your votes afterwards.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by bukatyne(f): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2023
Image123:

Hehehehe, in fact.

grin
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by bukatyne(f): 11:52am On Apr 13, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

But your politicians, men, have been asking others to step down for them, and say it's their right and turn to rule you, but it's never been seen as "entitlement mentality". In fact, they've said and done worse, but they are men so it's no big deal. They've destroyed and are destroying the world while at it. But it's no big deal, it is women that will be a disaster.

Many of you need to drop your gender bigotry.

Tinubu told his minions it was his turn because he has truly invested in the political careers of a lot of people.

He has sown for decades, he wanted to reap (let's forget for a minute that Nigeria is not people's property to be gifting).

Can this woman tell us why she wants the men to step down for her?

Has she done great favours for them in the past that she is calling on now? Does she have a fantastic proposal for the men in the future that is worth their ambition?

I have not heard a man request for a political position because he is a man. That is a woman's forte.

1 Like

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by bukatyne(f): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

1. Run for an elective post and
2. read the comments to prove there's no disadvantage.
3. Then count your votes afterwards.

1. As at today, not interested

2. If the comments of people are enough to put a dent in my armour, then I am not ready for an elective position. Besides, people have ALWAYS have negative things to say about politicians. If Tinubu was not wearing pampers, Atiku would sell Nigeria, Peter Obi is IPOB/ a wailer, Sowore is a joker etc.

3. If men automatically have the votes, then Sowore, Moghalu or Fela would not be recording less than 5,000 votes in a country of about 50m plus voters. Politics is not women vs men; it is strong men/women vs others.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by orisa37: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
ENOUGH OF DISABILITIES.
PLEASE LET HER BE SPEAKER.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by orisa37: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by orisa37: 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
GIVE SP TO IRETI KINGIBE.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by BRATISLAVA: 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
bukatyne:

1. As at today, not interested

2. If the comments of people are enough to put a dent in my armour, then I am not ready for an elective position. Besides, people have ALWAYS have negative things to say about politicians. If Tinubu was not wearing pampers, Atiku would sell Nigeria, Peter Obi is IPOB/ a wailer, Sowore is a joker etc.

3. If men automatically have the votes, then Sowore, Moghalu or Fela would not be recording less than 5,000 votes in a country of about 50m plus voters. Politics is not women vs men; it is strong men/women vs others.

3. It's a thing of ratio. The votes still end up with men. Constantly. Not because they are competent. Look around your world. Which leads back to point 2. Read the comments. They don't have to dent you, but that is the sentiment. And again, to point 1, if that is the sentiment you or any other woman will have no votes.

You don't need to be strong if you are competent but nobody will vote you because women ruling will be a "disaster". It is men versus women: gender politics, like religious and ethno-racial politics, is a thing. Men like to pretend it doesn't exist so that they can maintain their status quo. Until you're in need of votes you will think otherwise. But as at today, you will not know.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by BRATISLAVA: 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2023
bukatyne:

Tinubu told his minions it was his turn because he has truly invested in the political careers of a lot of people.

He has sown for decades, he wanted to reap (let's forget for a minute that Nigeria is not people's property to be gifting).

Can this woman tell us why she wants the men to step down for her?

Has she done great favours for them in the past that she is calling on now? Does she have a fantastic proposal for the men in the future that is worth their ambition?

I have not heard a man request for a political position because he is a man. That is a woman's forte.

He isn't entitled, but a woman who asks for the same whatever her reasons are is entitled?

I don't know much about Nigerian politics, but I can see a lot of abnormalities that are accepted. Because he invested he feels entitled to be your president and his wish should be granted, however a woman shouldn't?

Tribal politics from certain regions and the hate that goes with it is surprising. The forum is just one tribe reporting news and painting it as they want it. With a lot of hate while they're at it.

Same with your gender politics.

2 Likes

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by Megabig: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
I love this, let her lead

1 Like

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by Megabig: 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
Oluwaseunomo:
Who's this idiot that belongs in the other room

Because your mum is that worthless does not mean every other woman is… Have some respect

1 Like

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by bukatyne(f): 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

1. He isn't entitled, but a woman who asks for the same whatever her reasons are is entitled?

2. I don't know much about Nigerian politics, but I can see a lot of abnormalities that are accepted. Because he invested he feels entitled to be your president and his wish should be granted, however a woman shouldn't?

3. Tribal politics from certain regions and the hate that goes with it is surprising. The forum is just one tribe reporting news and painting it as they want it. With a lot of hate while they're at it.

Same with your gender politics.

1. Please do not compare someone who invested the last 30 years for his ambition to a woman whose claim for men to step down is 'her sex'. We are not in the US where she might have shelled some thousands of USD for a sex change. She wants the men to step down just because she was born female. And yet, women want to learn 'equality' with men? And again, men do not play gender politics. He would be a disgrace of a man. They don't even play tribal/religious politics. A man works for whatever he wants; good or bad. Peter Obi who was a 'marginalised tribe' worked super hard (campaigning, travelling about, kowtowing to Spiritual daddies etc) to come 3rd (if we believe INEC's pot of beans). Even Tinubu that claims it is his turn put in loads of effort (rigging, vote buying in USD, kowtowing to the North, campaigning, travelling about while ill etc) to come first. What has this woman done?

2. I believe everyone should put in an effort for what they want. If I read she kidnapped two of the men or dashed them houses or hosted all the house members or build schools or sponsored something or did house to house campaign or gathered dirt on all the men to backmail them and is leveraging on that, then we have a discussion. Get your hands dirty or clean before you talk. It is only in lala land we have equality of outcomes.

3. It is only gender politics specifically women that they want/ think they deserve a position because they are women.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by bukatyne(f): 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

3. It's a thing of ratio. The votes still end up with men. Constantly. Not because they are competent. Look around your world. Which leads back to point 2. Read the comments. They don't have to dent you, but that is the sentiment. And again, to point 1, if that is the sentiment you or any other woman will have no votes.

4. You don't need to be strong if you are competent but nobody will vote you because women ruling will be a "disaster". It is men versus women: gender politics, like religious and ethno-racial politics, is a thing. Men like to pretend it doesn't exist so that they can maintain their status quo. Until you're in need of votes you will think otherwise. But as at today, you will not know.

I played a little politics in the university and I would tell you for a fact that politics is not men vs women.

It is powerful/strong men&women versus others. People desperate for power vs normal human beings.

Secondly, the ratio is skewed towards men because:
a. they vote more and are generally more interested in politics.

b. they are more willing to do what it takes to get power. How many women have you heard are into rituals/ ballot snatching/ political violence? Do you know what some men are willing to do for power? I know students (less than 25yrs) who slept in graves for power; who forfeited final exams, who joined their fathers' cults; who pretended to be in student fellowship (very stifling) for years, who slept in churches and visited all sort of prophets for SUG/faculty positions. Then a woman would tell such a man that he should step down because she is a woman. HOW NA?

c. Women prefer influence (authority without responsibility) to actual power (authority with responsibility). Ask how many women want to be presidents versus how many want to the first ladies
Or how many would rather date a yahoo boy than do the yahoo themselves.

4. Fela Durotoye, Peter Obi and others who have lost would disagree with you. Politics is not only about competence cheesy

Do you think it would be fair for women to have equal representation when they are not willing to do the work or pay the price?
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by BRATISLAVA: 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
bukatyne:

I played a little politics in the university and I would tell you for a fact that politics is not men vs women.

It is powerful/strong men&women versus others. People desperate for power vs normal human beings.

Secondly, the ratio is skewed towards men because:
a. they vote more and are generally more interested in politics.

b. they are more willing to do what it takes to get power. How many women have you heard are into rituals/ ballot snatching/ political violence? Do you know what some men are willing to do for power? I know students (less than 25yrs) who slept in graves for power; who forfeited final exams, who joined their fathers' cults; who pretended to be in student fellowship (very stifling) for years, who slept in churches and visited all sort of prophets for SUG/faculty positions. Then a woman would tell such a man that he should step down because she is a woman. HOW NA?

c. Women prefer influence (authority without responsibility) to actual power (authority with responsibility). Ask how many women want to be presidents versus how many want to the first ladies
Or how many would rather date a yahoo boy than do the yahoo themselves.

4. Fela Durotoye, Peter Obi and others who have lost would disagree with you. Politics is not only about competence cheesy

Do you think it would be fair for women to have equal representation when they are not willing to do the work or pay the price?

What do you understand by the word representation?
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by BRATISLAVA: 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2023
bukatyne:

1. Please do not compare someone who invested the last 30 years for his ambition to a woman whose claim for men to step down is 'her sex'. We are not in the US where she might have shelled some thousands of USD for a sex change. She wants the men to step down just because she was born female. And yet, women want to learn 'equality' with men? And again, men do not play gender politics. He would be a disgrace of a man. They don't even play tribal/religious politics. A man works for whatever he wants; good or bad. Peter Obi who was a 'marginalised tribe' worked super hard (campaigning, travelling about, kowtowing to Spiritual daddies etc) to come 3rd (if we believe INEC's pot of beans). Even Tinubu that claims it is his turn put in loads of effort (rigging, vote buying in USD, kowtowing to the North, campaigning, travelling about while ill etc) to come first. What has this woman done?

2. I believe everyone should put in an effort for what they want. If I read she kidnapped two of the men or dashed them houses or hosted all the house members or build schools or sponsored something or did house to house campaign or gathered dirt on all the men to backmail them and is leveraging on that, then we have a discussion. Get your hands dirty or clean before you talk. It is only in lala land we have equality of outcomes.

3. It is only gender politics specifically women that they want/ think they deserve a position because they are women.

Gerontocracy never looked more attractive, neither did the denial of gender politics.

We know it:

women are lazy and want positions and they think they deserve them because they are women. Perhaps in your foray into classroom politics that's how it happened behind the scenes. Women can't pay the price and do the work, after all. Your case, all their cases.

No wonder 1st world countries think otherwise.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by Agugbadin: 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
Another Patricia Ette in the making Nigerian law makers should prevent a reoccurrence of the election of a speaker like Patricia Ette who was absolutely corrupt to the bones. Stop her now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? / Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project / Acn National Convention In Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.