Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,134 members, 7,845,767 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down (16833 Views)

Speakership Race: Gbajabiamila, Wase In Public Spat / Speakership Race: Betara Meets Members-elect In Saudi Arabia (pics) / Princess Miriam Onuoha: APC Wins Okigwe North Federal Constituency Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by BRATISLAVA: 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2023
Agugbadin:
Another Patricia Ette in the making Nigerian law makers should prevent a reoccurrence of the election of a speaker like Patricia Ette who was absolutely corrupt to the bones. Stop her now.

All your male politicians who have defrauded you and stolen all your sovereign funds and pardoned themselves, they shouldn't be stopped. Never you dare stop them. They aren't women, so free looting and no standards for them.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by bukatyne(f): 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

1. Gerontocracy never looked more attractive, neither did the denial of gender politics.

We know it:

2. women are lazy and

3. want positions and they think they deserve them because they are women.

4. Perhaps in your foray into classroom politics that's how it happened behind the scenes.

5. Women can't pay the price and do the work, after all. Your case, all their cases.

6. No wonder 1st world countries think otherwise.

1. I laugh in Japanese! What is my business with gerontocracy? Or using BAT as an example makes me his supporter grin Only women play gender politics. So far, you have not given a proof where a man did so.

2. Perhaps that is your projection of women. I never stated women are lazy.

3. Only women play gender politics. The OP is a good example. Gender politics is not doesn't equal laziness. More like entitlement from a sense of victimhood.

4. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5. Politically, women are less likely and less willing to pay the price of power. It is not a 'Nigerian' issue. Like I said earlier, I am not a victim; if I decide to venture into politics today, I should be ready to pay the price (good or bad). God forbid I open my mouth in public that men should step down for me to go uncontested.
I also alluded multiple times to strong men & women which means that a few women do pay the price; I also know a few back then in school.

6. Hillary Clinton would agree with you.

I am surprised this convo took this long before the subtle jabs started.

Have a great day.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by BRATISLAVA: 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2023
bukatyne:

1. I laugh in Japanese! What is my business with gerontocracy? Or using BAT as an example makes me his supporter grin Only women play gender politics. So far, you have not given a proof where a man did so.

2. Perhaps that is your projection of women. I never stated women are lazy.

3. Only women play gender politics. The OP is a good example. Gender politics is not doesn't equal laziness. More like entitlement from a sense of victimhood.

4. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5. Politically, women are less likely and less willing to pay the price of power. It is not a 'Nigerian' issue. Like I said earlier, I am not a victim; if I decide to venture into politics today, I should be ready to pay the price (good or bad). God forbid I open my mouth in public that men should step down for me to go uncontested.
I also alluded multiple times to strong men & women which means that a few women do pay the price; I also know a few back then in school.

6. Hillary Clinton would agree with you.

I am surprised this convo took this long before the subtle jabs started.

Have a great day.

If you're a woman then you are lazy and need work hard to pay the price. More than any man needs to prove himself.

After all, you want favors that you can get with power (the type of power you mentioned earlier which nobody but you can say), not the rewards of steadfastness, old age and some form of invisible investment (buying the polity probably) you implied women needed to make to be considered. Meaning that you paying the price and working doesn't matter as a woman, as was clear from the start when you mentioned paying. It is all about power, isn't it?

Once again, what do you understand representation to be? It will help you understand what you're saying better.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by ebenholer2(m): 9:45pm On Apr 13, 2023
chatinent:
Women are also legal citizens!
THE PROBLEM IS MOST WOMEN THAT HAVE BEEN IN SIGNIFICANT POSITIONS IN NIGERIASO FAR HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE ANY TANGIBLE DIFFERENCE THAN USING THE POSITION TO PROCURE LUXURIES RANGING FROM GOLDS, DIAMONDS, WEARS AND CARS. I MUST SAY THAT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN EFFECTIVE IN THE POSITION OF LEADERSHIP.
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by ThaboB: 3:16am On Apr 14, 2023
All this female politicians mouth dey wide with corruption naso dezani and etteh do
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by bayelsaowei(m): 8:00am On Apr 14, 2023
They should kuku give her..because all the men in that house have no sense..one kobo sense them no get..
Re: Miriam Onuoha Joins Speakership Race, Asks Male Candidates To Step Down by bayelsaowei(m): 8:01am On Apr 14, 2023
ThaboB:
All this female politicians mouth dey wide with corruption naso dezani and etteh do
is it the men that are non corrupt? They should allow her the position..all the men in that house are senseless..na how to follow young girls full their brain..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu Attends His First Ever Governors Forum Meeting(pics) / Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” / Ohanaeze: Ndigbo Won’t Support Nigeria’s Break-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.