Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt (37155 Views)

โ€˜Gangs Of Lagosโ€™: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Mom007(f): 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
renderme:
They should never have used the EYO masquerade in dt movie. First thing I said when I saw EYO with guns killing people.
Disgusting!

You don't know the history of Lagos be that. Long before now, my dad used to tell of how the Eyo masquerade festival used to be used for political assassinations back in the 1980s and 90s If anything, this movie confirms what Dad has been telling me all these years.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by BobbyZrealist(m): 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

There was an "Omo ibo" character in the movie. He was hacked to death though.

Awon werey!!
Na Yoruba act the movie.
Go hug transformer.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by MrAgbako: 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
theultimatep3:

I don't know what you mean by "gbam." But I'll tell you the truth: you cannot as for freedom of speech and censorship with the same tongue.

It's one or the other.
No long talk.
Even freedom of speech has limit. undecided
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by lahnray09: 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
No mind am, make we no talk about the almighty ricca street, freeman, agarawu, Epetedo, cowlane, odunfa, okepopo...
grin
iwaeda:

Lagosians are not Gangsters-Says Eyo custodian,Shodipe-Dosunmu. From Adeniji, Ita Alagba, Pelewura, Iga Idugaran, Jankara, Apasile, Agarawu. Let not just say anything. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by TrumpDonald2: 1:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
nnepodatti:
Any film that tells the story of how Tinubu uses thuggery to keep Lagos down, LASG will always go after such movie. remember they attacked shanty town ? cheesy
The same way he clamped down on local media on any negative publications against him or his administration while he was governor.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Oluwaseunomo: 1:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

There was an "Omo ibo" character in the movie. He was hacked to death though.
I saw what you did grin
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by dalass(f): 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

I never believed that some Yorubas will go that far to start attacking Igbos based on propaganda and still come out to justify the attacks and are still threatening further attacks in the future, then they are only raising a phobia and a stereotype that might hang on the Yorubas for a very long time....

This post is about a Yoruba film. It has absolutely nothing to do with you or your tribe. It's very simple nau grin

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Brendaniel: 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
dalass:

This post is about a Yoruba film. It has absolutely nothing to do with you or your tribe. It's very simple nau grin

The same way the Lagos state election was about Yoruba contesters but Igbo people suffered for having choice in the 2 contesters....
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by emonis88: 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
How I fit see this movie watch abeg!
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Hollyvikky(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
[You talks like a child.. author=Beremx post=122483110] I remember back in the late 80s and early 90s when as a kid in Festac Town, Eyo Festival was done and it was a sight to behold. The festival for almost three decades have stopped at festac. I think it only holds at Lagos Island. Such a beautiful rare event.

If the film portrays Eyo Festival as bad, then the movie should be banned. That's a sacrilege to a culture people practice.[/quote]
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by dalass(f): 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

The same way the Lagos state election was about Yoruba contesters but Igbo people suffered for having choice in the 2 contesters....

I believe one needs a head to reason sha
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by DrMuzungu(m): 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
Why do they call it mockery when their (and nation's new) oga at the top is a chief thug, drug baron and an agbero?!
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by lexy2014: 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This film just disappointed me. It is so sad. All these young woke boys and girls could have done is get a feedback for review before releasing it. If you are tellling our story via film; we have a right to see it before you show the world.

All the offensive parts must be removed and the real names used replaced.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Are the offensive parts in the film true or not? Should those offensive parts be removed because you don't like the fact that it speaks d truth?
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Allisgud: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
Somebody should produced a movie based on this 2023 election
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Brendaniel: 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2023
dalass:

I believe one needs a head to reason sha

Please can you explain further?
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by obadfirst: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2023
Watching dragon masquerade kill people in Chinese/Hollywood movies is entertainment, watching Eyo masquerade kill people in Nollywood is cultural misrepresentation.

You hypocrisy stinks to the highest heights.

The producers carefully tell the history of the Eyo masquerade, it's aim and on what occasion it can be sighted.

The movie only show that it was hijacked by unscrupulous element to perpetuate evil.

I don't see any case here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by renderme: 2:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
Vinnie2000:

It was EXACTLY this kind of comment that made one Evil-minded, Partisan Mod to ban me. embarassed sad

because really if it was an IgboMan that directed or Produced this movie,
some Tribalists would have spinned it that he is trying to Desecrate Lagos. ๐Ÿ˜’
We all know it is not an Igbo man, why are u pouring spit everywhere? The publication named the producers and directors for reprimanding, and rightly so. So Yoruba man canโ€™t do wrong and be called out by yorubas? Wetin concern U? Why donโ€™t u just mind ur business. Busybodies, shiorr.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Havisco: 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
Itโ€™s better than your terrorist infested region. Your people canโ€™t survive without Lagos.

ODUBEZE:
Bastardized heritage

Heritage of corruption undecided

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by renderme: 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
Mom007:

You don't know the history of Lagos be that. Long before now, my dad used to tell of how the Eyo masquerade festival used to be used for political assassinations back in the 1980s and 90s If anything, this movie confirms what Dad has been telling me all these years.
You see what LASG is talking about? You omokomos have started desecrating our traditions because of a movie. I need to screenshot this comment.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by vannessa7(f): 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
Owo jona
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Albertone(m): 2:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:
But attacking Igbos on election day is not a mockery of your cultural heritage?

Like I said earlier I thank God the producer and director are Yorubas, if not they would have started another round of propaganda, hate and wickedness....

This attack pain you oh.

Start learning self defence against next election ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Weknowbetter: 2:42pm On Apr 13, 2023
Now I'm going to definitely watch the movie!!

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by aAK1(m): 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
I think those criticizing the Eyo part lack comprehension. This people only used the eyo festival as camouflage as the eyo attire was perfect for hiding their identity. We have seen movies were armed robbers needed to dress as pastors to gain access to buildings

3 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Horus(m): 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2023
Gangs of Lagos

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by kokoA(m): 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2023
PulaPower:

If you try it in China or north Korea, nah death..

Those are not blacks..
Their own culture and tradition has brought development to them. What has our own done for us?
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by kokoA(m): 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2023
Oluwaseunomo:

Mr English man that trash you typed there belong in the dustbin just like you
Ogbeni, my comment is not for foolish people pls.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Brendaniel: 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
Albertone:

This attack pain you oh.

Start learning self defence against next election ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Yes it did...
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by fkj950ax(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This film just disappointed me. It is so sad. All these young woke boys and girls could have done is get a feedback for review before releasing it. If you are tellling [b]our story via film; we have a right to see it [/b]before you show the world.

All the offensive parts must be removed and the real names used replaced.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Did you really type the highlighted above?
After making a movie, the producers should conduct a peer review and use the feedback to determine if it's released or not?
Movies don't work that way...

I honestly don't see why LASG and the "we" are stressing. It's a fictional work. It's male believe. If the storyline touches a soft spot, then maybe a character change is required, and not a script review.

If you want your story told, commission a documentary. That's what documentaries are for. If you aren't part of the crew and producers, you don't have any right to see it before anything.

You all need to calm down and stop this you vs us rhetoric. It's destroying the world.

You also don't know what woke is, or how to even use it in a sentence.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Madups(m): 3:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
No mind those f0ols them think say na to speak big grammer wey them nor even know the meaning.
nedu666:
Which one is ethnic profiling, is it not Yoruba man and actors that made the movie
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by Horus(m): 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
Gangs of Lagos

Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by ufotunang: 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
justtoodark:

elections is over....let it rest....
this is about the image of the entire nation....
... what happened in election cannot be forgotten... and what happened at the Lagos State governorhip election the thugs illegal activities also represents the entire image of the entire nation
Re: Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt by naijamerican: 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2023
Lagos is an agbero wonderland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only In Nigerian Movies Will You See These.. / BBNaija: Throwback Photos Of Marvis And Debie-Rise / BBNaija: Esther Grinds On Frodd After He Won Veto Power (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.