Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG (25247 Views)

Seven Ministers Whose Portfolios Caught Nigerians By Surprise / G-5 Govs: ‘i’m Elephant, I Can’t Be Taken By Surprise,’ Says Atiku / 2019: Hired Foreign Commentators Are Predicting Defeat For Buhari –Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Shattuck(m): 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

No, because Obi, Kwakwaso, and Wike did not behave like Osibanjo, Buhari, and Amaechi, and others of their ilk....

If Obi, and Kwakwaso's vote had gone to PDP, plus as an added bonus if Wike had been a loyal and proper party man, APC would have lost the election so badly that we would have been calling it a landslide. But no, they split the party, and as a result, APC cruised to victory.

Mwanwhile in APC, it was blatantly obvious that many party men did not like Tinubu. But when election time came, they all stayed in the party and worked for his victory.

When the opposition is divided, a badly performing ruling party has done 3/4 of the job it needs to win.

Nothing like rigging....especially since APC lost states like KKK and Lagos. And swathes of the NE.

(Of course, if the tribunal rules in Obi's favour, I will gladly eat my words. But as it stands, APC won because PDP was divided).
all this irrelevant opinion on how pdp was divided into three" it seem as if every Nigerian is a card carrying member of either apc or pdp. 99 percent of people who voted are not party members, it is very foolish when you guys want to justify the flawed election you always say pdp was split into three, I voted for obi same with almost all folks around me none of this people own party membership card. Going by your logic, religion and ethnicity also play a part it would be also correct to say obi won just because the Muslim vote was split into three, which only obi had the christian vote, you see my own opinion is even makes more sense because religion was more of a factor to the voters than even party affiliation which is largely non existent among voters, even if party affiliation was to be considered I fail to understand why apc thinks it works in their favour when the party is a failure nationally, then I begin to wonder why some of you think your so called spread worked for you.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by CodeTemplar: 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
FG is now Tinubu's mouthpiece. It shows why violence in solidarity with Tinubu's party received no reaction from authorities.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Iconpee(m): 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Lmao 🤣

Stolen mandate grin grin grin

Apart from the states declared by inec, mention any other state pandora Obituary won.

Is it Kano, Kaduna Katsina Jigawa kebbi Sokoto Zamfara Ekiti Oyo Osun Ogun kwara Kogi? Or is it Gombe Bauchi Yobe Adamawa Borno?

E be like brain dey pain u. Election was rigged and u still talking of states won by who and who. U need cain
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by LeoDeKing: 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:

You use the bias mod to ban anybody not your criminal drug kingpin alas THIÉFNUBU. No retreat no surrender. We'll continue to uphold the truth whether you or your colleagues and APC mods likes it or not. Infact I have reiterated what I said earlier.
No peace for the wicked .
😁😁😁😁😁😁
Ogbeni, abeg continue to uphold your truth and leave me out of your upholding of truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Brendaniel: 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

No, because Obi, Kwakwaso, and Wike did not behave like Osibanjo, Buhari, and Amaechi, and others of their ilk....

If Obi, and Kwakwaso's vote had gone to PDP, plus as an added bonus if Wike had been a loyal and proper party man, APC would have lost the election so badly that we would have been calling it a landslide. But no, they split the party, and as a result, APC cruised to victory.

Mwanwhile in APC, it was blatantly obvious that many party men did not like Tinubu. But when election time came, they all stayed in the party and worked for his victory.

When the opposition is divided, a badly performing ruling party has done 3/4 of the job it needs to win.

Nothing like rigging....especially since APC lost states like KKK and Lagos. And swathes of the NE.

(Of course, if the tribunal rules in Obi's favour, I will gladly eat my words. But as it stands, APC won because PDP was divided).

That's the mistake you guys keep making, I am saying it with my full chest that even if all the parties merged together to become one to challenge Tinubu in APC, INEC will still declare him winner, that is the level of desperation Tinubu is operating. I can say it again with all confidence Tinubu will still be declared winner no matter the opposition or candidates involved because of his rigging plans with INEC, Tinubu had rigged the election even before it started...
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by lapintoz: 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
Na you no vote Tinubu, me I did. Wait for ya turn....no revolutata anywhere....

On BAT mandate we stand....May 29 loading......

Maybe 2027 go favour una. Good luck.

BrotherShade:
😎

No retreat! No surrender.

If Tinubu refuse to return the stolen mandate him and Yakubu Mahmood stole from the good people of Nigeria, then he is inviting Revolution knowingly or unknowingly.

Why is Tinubu trying to Force himself on us who did we offend in this country is it by force to serve Nigeria

Tinubu, the only advice we Sane Nigerians can give to you is "do the right thing at the right time, so that there will be peace in Nigeria 😎

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by TrumpDonald2: 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
“The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Atiku Abubakar, came short of these because he came second and had 25 per cent in 21 states. Obi came far behind with 25 per cent in 15 states.

“This means that Obi, who was wrongly adjudged as a front runner in the election, was virtually unknown and unpopular in 22 states.”

“For any party to ignore the North-East and the North-West Zones of Nigeria during a presidential election, it will be impossible for it to win.

“However, it is one thing to register to vote and it is another thing to come out to vote on an election day.

“Those 24 million people that came out to vote during the polls were the authentic people that concluded the processes of election,” he said.

The core North and most Yoruba people do not even know Mr Obi, his name, face, party or his tribal/ religious divisive campaign so do not even notice his party on the ballot.

He admitted in his leaked audio that he has problem in Yorubaland . The major problem is that we do not even know him.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Keep deceiving yourself. When you are tired, you stop.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by MrDoGood(m): 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
Whatever he says are always full of lies. If he praises you, just know you're doomed
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by nairalanda1(m): 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

That's the mistake you guys keep making, I am saying it with my full chest that even if all the parties merged together to become one to challenge Tinubu in APC, INEC will still declare him winner, that is the level of desperation Tinubu is operating. I can say it again with all confidence Tinubu will still be declared winner no matter the opposition or candidates involved because of his rigging plans with INEC, Tinubu had rigged the election even before it started...

No, if they came together as one, Tinubu would have lost.

You are talking like the Buhari supporters were talking in 2015...until INEC surprised them

Indeed, the fact remains that when the opposition is divided , the ruling party wins. That has been the case in Kenya, and especially in Cameroon in 2006.

If this election was rigged, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina and Lagos would have gone to Tinubu...instead they went to Atiku and Obi and Kwakwaso. APC would have also won the North east as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by TrumpDonald2: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2023
ijustdey:
•No fake news in saying Obi, Datti are inviting insurrection

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/why-tinubus-victory-took-foreign-commentators-by-surprise-fg-2/
The same 22 states he petitioned. Lai Mohammed and all Tinubu supporters dey marvel satan with the lies they tell.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Brendaniel: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

No, if they came together as one, Tinubu would have lost.

You are talking like the Buhari supporters were talking in 2015...until INEC surprised them

Indeed, the fact remains that when the opposition is divided , the ruling party wins. That has been the case in Kenya, and especially in Cameroon in 2006.

If this election was rigged, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina and Lagos would have gone to Tinubu...instead they went to Atiku and Obi and Kwakwaso. APC would have also won the North east as usual.

You think Tinubu will rig in a way it will be too obvious....
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by nkwoemeka(m): 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
Because it was rigged
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by buharitill2023: 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
jude33084:

Really? And he defeated a Yoruba man in his land? undecided

APC PDP and LP followers make una dy use una brain think before una begin type
and idiotic pigs said the election was rigged

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Lobotomy02: 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
Lol at Tinubu's victory.

Tinubu's selection you mean?

Lai, you are a fu..cking lying old fart.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by sinero: 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
jude33084:

Really? And he defeated a Yoruba man in his land? undecided

APC PDP and LP followers make una dy use una brain think before una begin type

Mumu, there difference between his land and his state. Obi won in tinubu's state but tinubu flogged obi mercilessly in tinubu's land (SW). This is another proof that obi is highly unpopular. Accept the defeat and stop making a fool of yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by nairalanda1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
Shattuck:
all this irrelevant opinion on how pdp was divided into three" it seem as if every Nigerian is a card carrying member of either apc or pdp. 99 percent of people who voted are not party members, it is very foolish when you guys want to justify the flawed election you always say pdp was split into three,

I'm not justifyling anyting. Infact, I am ready to eat my words if the judges find in favour of Obi or Atiku. But as things stand, add the votes of LP, PDP and NNPP, and compare them with APC, and you will know I am right.

Saying that the PDP was split into three is a fact, not a justification of any electoral issues. One can believe that the Nigerian elections were not great, and at the same time see why the oppositon lost.

Buhari lost 3 times because he ran at the head of a divided opposition. It was when he got the opposition united in 2014 that he won.

I voted for obi same with almost all folks around me none of this people own party membership card. Going by your logic, religion and ethnicity also play a part it would be also correct to say obi won just because the Muslim vote was split into three, which only obi had the christian vote, you see my own opinion is even makes more sense because religion was more of a factor to the voters than even party affiliation which is largely non existent among voters, even if party affiliation was to be considered I fail to understand why apc thinks it works in their favour when the party is a failure nationally, then I begin to wonder why some of you think your so called spread worked for you.

LOL....you remind me of the American journalist who could not believe her candidate lost the elecitons of 1972, because 'she knew no one who voted for his opponent'.

A lot of muslims voted LP and a lot of christians voted PDP and APC. The fact is, people vote what they know...and if they know PDP and APC, they vote PDP and APC. PDP and APC lost in the South East because tribe and in parts of the North Central because people were pissed with both PDP and APC. Otherwise, religion does not appear to have played a role like you think.

For now, the trick that Atiku and Tinubu played was to make Obi look like the christian candidate, and let's be honest, most christians don't like that.

Also, APC and PDP have structures. As hard as LP tried, and they did, at the end, structures matter a lot. That is why PDP, and APC are no 1 and 2.

(In my locality, LP won. A lot of people I knew voted LP. Me? I have refused to vote for PDP, or APC people, and that included Obi and Kwankwaso since 2003 because they are all part of the elite corruptus in my eyes).

4 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by nairalanda1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

You think Tinubu will rig in a way it will be too obvious....

LOL...the fact is, when the oppositon is divided, the ruling party wins.

Happened to Buhari three times, till he got a alliance going on in 2014. And if Obi gets an alliance going on, he can win in 2027, easily.

You remind me of the Buhari supporters I was consoling in 2011. They spoke like you did. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Raskimonojendor: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2023
Because they were following online polls.

Majority of Nigerian voters especially in the North are not online. Their transistor radios are more useful to them than Twitter.

Even Hilary's loss to Trump was shocking too because the polls projected Hilary to win by landslide. Most Republican voters don't do social media.

Social media is not real life.

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Iluvmycontr3: 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
Feintline:
Complete gazelle gra gra.

The executive arm of the federal government , the judiciary, the legislature , INEC and Nigerians at large is now divided on the following lines.
Light and darkness
Truth and falsehood
Good and evil.

And so will it be until the matter of the just concluded presidential election is concluded and settled.

One sure thing is darkness will not see the light of the day neither will falsehood and evil prevail over truth.

So be it...
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Ogbeni, abeg continue to uphold your truth and leave me out of your upholding of truth.
No way bro. You have already sworn to defend the stolen mandate and a drug kingpin. So technically, you are in. No retreat no surrender. We move.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by buharitill2023: 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
Shattuck:
all this irrelevant opinion on how pdp was divided into three" it seem as if every Nigerian is a card carrying member of either apc or pdp. 99 percent of people who voted are not party members, it is very foolish when you guys want to justify the flawed election you always say pdp was split into three, I voted for obi same with almost all folks around me none of this people own party membership card. Going by your logic, religion and ethnicity also play a part it would be also correct to say obi won just because the Muslim vote was split into three, which only obi had the christian vote, you see my own opinion is even makes more sense because religion was more of a factor to the voters than even party affiliation which is largely non existent among voters, even if party affiliation was to be considered I fail to understand why apc thinks it works in their favour when the party is a failure nationally, then I begin to wonder why some of you think your so called spread worked for you.
have you be voting for APC,
If the election supposed to be 60-40 in favour of pdp, but pdp further divided their 60% vote into three plus G5,
There is no two ways about tinubu victory,
I always knew from the beginning that apc will surely get at least 40% of total vote,
But Inec reduced apc vote to 38% maybe because of the 1m invalid votes as alot of rural dwellers voted for apc which resulted to invalid votes for APC,
Atiku and obi could not defeat buhari even as buhari perform poorly according to idiotic pigs.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Slurity(m): 2:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
BrotherShade:
😎

No retreat! No surrender.

If Tinubu refuse to return the stolen mandate him and Yakubu Mahmood stole from the good people of Nigeria, then he is inviting Revolution knowingly or unknowingly.

Why is Tinubu trying to Force himself on us who did we offend in this country is it by force to serve Nigeria

Tinubu, the only advice we Sane Nigerians can give to you is "do the right thing at the right time, so that there will be peace in Nigeria 😎
Bring on the revolution you shallow thinkers. We will tell you that we the supporters of Tinubu is far more that the 8.1 millions votes that Yakubu even counted. If not for senseless calculations, how is it even possible for Obi to win in core north, the middle belt and southwest. How. We Nigerians voted for Tinubu even though both Yakubu and Buhari tried what they can to stop Tinubu but he overcame them all by God's grace. Obi can never win election in Nigeria even if he contest 100 times.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Raskimonojendor: 2:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
theophorus:
Any wise person should have a fair idea of how the election was going to play out.

Reno Omokri already gave a hint but the nameless group choose to silent anyone who urge them to think and use their 6th Sense but then it is what it is.
Oshiomole, Soludo and several political analysts already said last year that Tinubu had the clearest path to victory after Peter Obi left PDP, the G5 and Kwankwaso.

All the predictions below were from last year, but PO and his Obidients followers like Jack Obinyan were ignorantly counting on Christian votes. Peter Obi went to Taraba telling church congregation to take back their country plus the yes, daddy phone call grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Brendaniel: 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

LOL...the fact is, when the oppositon is divided, the ruling party wins.

Happened to Buhari three times, till he got a alliance going on in 2014. And if Obi gets an alliance going on, he can win in 2027, easily.

You remind me of the Buhari supporters I was consoling in 2011. They spoke like you did. cheesy

Big lie, In Kenya it was a similar situation that happened and an upcoming opposition like Peter Obi won and they had the ruling party with Raila Odinga as the 1st opposition like Atiku.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Goke7: 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2023
madridguy:
“I explained to them that there was no way a presidential candidate who has no political spread and a grassroots base could win an election in Nigeria.

even in the US, you need a serious grassroots base to win the Presidential elections
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by jaxxy(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2023
it took Nigerian voters by surprise also cos we didn't vote for the criminal and we know he did not win because inec did the wrong thing and uploaded widely manipulated and unverified results..
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Bfly: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
OBI IS A CLOWN

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by onuman: 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
And the surprise: in no country of the world are voters expected to renew the tenure of a political party which reduced a country to officially become the home of the largest number of poor and hungry people in the world, as well as one of the most terrorised countries in the world.

Tinubu did not win the 25th February 2023 presidential election.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Arabaincubus: 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
This is no longer the Federal government of Nigeria but the Federal government of the APC.

Must the APC destroy everything Nigeria before they will rest?
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Owontime: 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
IPOB goats won't like this news 🤣😂😅

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by sencekompis: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
IBOS propagandas , BUHARI don die on Google
Buhari is from Sudan on Google
BUHARI an impostor on Google
Now : JAGABAN blablabla soon he don die

BUNCH OF hmmm let me be quite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bombing Of Kaduna Residents Decided By God Else It Wouldn’t Have Happened -Tinub / Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers / APC Live Rally, Accepts Decampes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.