Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,015 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG (25248 Views)

Seven Ministers Whose Portfolios Caught Nigerians By Surprise / G-5 Govs: ‘i’m Elephant, I Can’t Be Taken By Surprise,’ Says Atiku / 2019: Hired Foreign Commentators Are Predicting Defeat For Buhari –Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Owopumpy: 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
BrotherShade:
😎

No retreat! No surrender.

If Tinubu refuse to return the stolen mandate him and Yakubu Mahmood stole from the good people of Nigeria, then he is inviting Revolution knowingly or unknowingly.

Why is Tinubu trying to Force himself on us who did we offend in this country is it by force to serve Nigeria

Tinubu, the only advice we Sane Nigerians can give to you is "do the right thing at the right time, so that there will be peace in Nigeria 😎
this guy no vote for any candidate

We know them
Na just to come here and make mouth
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Cocolatti(m): 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2023
There is no Peace for the wicked.

Lai Mohammed is now going round western capitals trying to launder the image of the illegitimate incoming Govt
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Phreshyrolite: 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
See either you like it or not that's the truth imagine in Oyo where my grandma stay I ask people down there maybe they have the name obi before to my surprise many of them say know that they only no atiku and tinubu... So leave social media aside
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by forayfleo(m): 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2023
BrotherShade:
😎

If Tinubu refuse to return the stolen mandate him and Yakubu Mahmood stole from the good people of Nigeria, then he is inviting Revolution knowingly or unknowingly.

Why is Tinubu trying to Force himself on us who did we offend in this country is it by force to serve Nigeria

Tinubu, the only advice we Sane Nigerians can give to you is "do the right thing at the right time, so that there will be peace in Nigeria 😎
thank God I'm from India nonsense people
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Creeper: 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Because they were following online polls.

Majority of Nigerian voters especially in the North are not online. Their transistor radios are more useful to them than Twitter.

Even Hilary's loss to Trump was shocking too because the polls projected Hilary to win by landslide. Most Republican voters don't do social media.

Social media is not real life.

Nigeria is the 6th most populous country in the world but it’s not top-20 in the number of Twitter users per country.

I don’t think the population of Twitter users in Nigeria is up to 5million and about 95% of them are in urban centres. So, any online/opinion polls about Nigeria based on Twitter will always be flawed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by kinokano(m): 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2023
Phreshyrolite:
See either you like it or not that's the truth imagine in Oyo where my grandma stay I ask people down there maybe they have the name obi before to my surprise many of them say know that they only no atiku and tinubu... So leave social media aside
do you know Obi won Kaduna state but it was rigged in favour of tinubu. I need not to divulge the secret
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Anchor12: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2023
Emuforlife1:
Mumu

You mean If this happens Atiku will allow your Obi to claim victory. Tinubu will surely live beyond his 8years in aso rock
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Moshphil: 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
BrotherShade:
😎

Revolution can not happen in this Nigeria , not in this yahoo and drugs generation
When it happens I hope you family also benefit from it
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Madups(m): 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
You mean tinubu announcement? Haba, even sen. Remi and e adeboye still cant believe it.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Ayodeoba: 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2023
Rahkman:
This motherfucker called tinubu should just die and leave us alone
no he won’t die, after his 8yrs tenure, power goes back to north
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by FatherofAsaad: 3:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
BrotherShade:
😎

Your won’t be miss you can go ahead and display your madness . The one they took onboard Ibom Air I heard his lawyers are saying he has metal issues he will be treated in Kiri kiri
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Lordatkinson: 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
The problem of Nigeria 🇳🇬 and Africa 🌍 as a whole are these foreign allies. They are the real epitom of corruption in our country/continent.

They started it, when they release a document showing how BAT forfeited a huge sum of dollars to USA govt. They came out later to tender a subpoena saying BAT was never a criminal. What exactly is the situation, who forfeited money to their govt and why? All these could not be answered or may be they have the answer but decided not to talk the truth.

After the 2023 elections, most of these countries USA, UK amongst other condemned the process of the election on the premise that Nigeria is too dare to them to overlook. Few days after, they started congratulating the winner(s)
What exactly is their stand again becomes a question for all and sundry?

Our foreign allies are people of double standard and they will keep pushing us for the sake of what they will get from the country.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Sermwell(m): 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
Rahkman:
This motherfucker called tinubu should just die and leave us alone
I swear grin cheesy
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by maridrug(m): 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
who owns the mandate?
BrotherShade:
😎

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Dedeity: 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
madridguy:
“I explained to them that there was no way a presidential candidate who has no political spread and a grassroots base could win an election in Nigeria.
What do you know about politics that you were explaining? Your agbado explanation is inconsequential and baseless
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by slowice(m): 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
The most reckless fg ever. Clearly showing partisan politics as if the others aren't Nigerians.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by eeetuk(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
"When you look at the results, only the candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress and the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, met these requirements."

1oo% a lie!
Bola Tinubu did not meet the constitutional requirements for electing someone to be elected president of Nigeria. What are the constitutional for someone to be elected president of Nigeria? (1) got the most popular votes, (2) win 25 % of votes in 24 out of 36 states in Nigeria and (3) got at least 25% of votes in the Federal capital, Abuja. For the record, Bola Tinubu received only 19 % votes in Abuja. That means Bola Tinubu was not elected president of Nigeria. And that also calls for runoff election between Atiku and Tinubu. All this raises one question:

Is INEC planning for runoff election in Nigeria?
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by EmmyDJourno: 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2023
Who win election is trying to convince the World he won, when all he has to do is prove the legitimacy of the process
You said he got 8m votes, show them the numbers
All these fools would meet their day of reckoning in this country
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by bayelsaowei(m): 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
madridguy:
“I explained to them that there was no way a presidential candidate who has no political spread and a grassroots base could win an election in Nigeria.
by political spread he means the use of thugs, illiterates, religious bigots and agberos..
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Dittodat: 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
THE 100 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE OF 2023

JAGABAN!

IPOB terrorists, how far? grin grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by nairalanda1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

Big lie, In Kenya it was a similar situation that happened and an upcoming opposition like Peter Obi won and they had the ruling party with Raila Odinga as the 1st opposition like Atiku.

In 1997, Kenyan oppositon was divided into 5 parties...they lost.

In 2002, Kenyan opposition formed a rainbow coalition...and they won.

Odinga has not won elections yet in Kenya because he never ever ends up leading a united opposition front.

See the table below

1997, KANU was the ruling party.

2002, KANU was the ruling party

2007..Party of National Unity was the ruling party.

2012 , Jubilee was the ruling party

Now add the oppositon votes, for 1997, and then do the same for 2007 and 2012. Each and every time...divided oppositon always lost the elections. 2002 when they were united...they won.

You Nigerians no wan learn.

Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by WithFact: 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2023
Na so international community mumu reach? For them to think Oni to win this election involving Jagaban and Atiku expose their mumunity.

NW & NE combined reached 18 states. Subtract it from 36?

Even if election in SE is free, fair & credible Oni will not win Majority of the votes cast let a lone other state.

Obi na Obi anywhere, anytime. grin grin grin
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Brendaniel: 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

In 1997, Kenyan oppositon was divided into 5 parties...they lost.

In 2002, Kenyan opposition formed a rainbow coalition...and they won.

Odinga has not won elections yet in Kenya because he never ever ends up leading a united opposition front.

See the table below

1997, KANU was the ruling party.

2002, KANU was the ruling party

2007..Party of National Unity was the ruling party.

2012 , Jubilee was the ruling party

Now add the oppositon votes, for 1997, and then do the same for 2007 and 2012. Each and every time...divided oppositon always lost the elections. 2002 when they were united...they won.

You Nigerians no wan learn.

Oga I am talking about their last election, things are changing, social media plays a very big role, social media penetration was not as high as now, that was why it happened in Kenya and some other African countries, please stop this archaic style of politics, things have changed....

The question is did it happen in Kenya in their last election?
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by XAUBulls: 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by 9jaRealist: 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2023
Allocsoluwatosi:
Will you start the revolution? You had better move on with your life and stop carrying politicians for your head. They, politicians are all the same.

This oppressive suffering in Nigeria is your idea of “life”?
200 million Nigerians cannot “japa” to other nations that people ‘fought’ for!

>
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Belleful: 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2023
He said the wrong mindset was premised on the hyped activities of Labour Party and their supporters on the social media, as well as the outcomes of various opinion polls which were unrepresentative of the situation in Nigeria.[b][/b]

End of discussion.....
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by Davidowr: 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2023
Kai Mohammed... Omo werey
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by nairalanda1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga I am talking about their last election, things are changing, social media plays a very big role, social media penetration was not as high as now, that was why it happened in Kenya and some other African countries, please stop this archaic style of politics, things have changed....

The question is did it happen in Kenya in their last election?

You don't get what I am saying, man.

Good e'en.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Victory Took Foreign Commentators By Surprise — FG by John4B: 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
Imagine this one forcing the world to believe this sham by eye-neck. Well, try harder but don't 4get that the knows the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark / We Wish You Well - PDP Bids Ayade Farewell / "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.