Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? (1713 Views)

Somebody That I Offended. / Igbo People Make Too Much Noise. What's In 46 Cows That They're Bragging About? / Guys Don't Be Fooled 80% Of NL Are Not Bad In Real Life- See Pix Nd Prove. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Animegirl(f): 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
So my friend cooked a meal for us this evening and it was really horrible. The pepper, salt and maggi was too much. Please I do I tell her to cook better without making her feel bad?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by donbachi(m): 7:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
E be like na inside dis Ur soup the woman in the bible turned into salt

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by magnum247: 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
This ur food sweet but e remain small

1 Like

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Neverslumber(f): 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
Just teach her how to cook

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Clairvoyancy: 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
Be blunt... Let her know you are not in any way scolding or making jest of her. If you can put her through then teach her how to improve..

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
Animegirl:
So my friend cooked a meal for us this evening and it was really horrible. The pepper, salt and maggi was too much. Please I do I tell her to cook better without making her feel bad?
Get her a cookbook and a basket of spices, and deliver it to her with a smile as you reveal the truth to her. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by ojun50(m): 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2023
You no sabi cook finish

1 Like

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Apr 13, 2023
ojun50:
You no sabi cook finish
Not everyone has to know how to cook but if you are going to flaunt your cooking, be sure you know how to do it well. There is a reason why some people, no matter how much you beg them, will refuse to serve you their cooking. They already know and accept they are not good at it and jejely know their place. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Puss360(f): 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2023
The food is okay, but salt is on the high side... Say it once, and no more... Don't force the person to learn..... Cooking isn't an activity that everybody must know how to....

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Kriss216: 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2023
The pepper, salt and maggi was too much.

Ask her if Lot's wife paid her a visit in the kitchen while cooking?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by DearGorgeous(f): 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
If you were my friend, I will love that you be blunt about it, but not publicly. Just between us tell me whatever is wrong. I like it that way. Don't sugarcoat anything for me as your friend.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2023
Neverslumber:
Just teach her how to cook
Teach her? Lol.
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
Puss360:
The food is okay, but salt is on the high side... Say it once, and no more... Don't force the person to learn..... Cooking isn't an activity that everybody must know how to....
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Madups(m): 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2023
If you cant tell her straight up that means you're not friends.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by potbelly(m): 10:50pm On Apr 13, 2023
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Rokiat(f): 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2023
You are not her man so your opinion don’t matter she don’t have to impress you. If you don’t like her cooking cook your own food.

My mom didn’t teach me how to cook to impress my fellow women, any of my female friends that don’t like my cooking can F themselves respectfully.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by AndrewTate(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2023
Just say what's wrong with the food while making her believe it happens to the best at times too...
She won't take it too hard.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
Many of our Naija Ladies currently, are like this OP's friend. 😕

Can't Cook. Can't even Fcvk well. undecided

Only to follow gistlover and be doing Online Aproko. sad ☹️
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2023
Rokiat:
You are not her man so your opinion don’t matter she don’t have to impress you. If you don’t like her cooking cook your own food.

My mom didn’t teach me how to cook to impress my fellow women, any of my female friends that don’t like my cooking can F themselves respectfully.

See one of the Pple I am complaining about. undecided
Hope you have Good Skills in Za other room @least,
to compliment ur Deficiencies? sad 😎
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Smartguyboy(m): 12:10am On Apr 14, 2023
Animegirl:
It’s your friend you can just joke about it like your food no sweet pay me to teach you .
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by worldclass68(m): 4:37am On Apr 14, 2023
Even if u boil water, salt go too much grin
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by bukas15(m): 5:40am On Apr 14, 2023
Puss360:
you need help oo. Why on earth will a lady not know how to cook
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Authoreety: 6:26am On Apr 14, 2023
Just tell the person... Unless he or she was doing u a favour

1 Like

Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Heart3030: 7:03am On Apr 14, 2023
You Sabi cook but e no dey sweet.
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Danisaint112(m): 7:10am On Apr 14, 2023
Honey there are some tips I think you should get from my Mum to make your meals taste better.

I am not in anyone saying you food is bad but there is this tasty dishes mama and the family know how prepare that I would like you to gain knowledge of. Like I do miss those meals and you if you can learn it you have done something great for me.

If you don't mind I can invite her over, she will be very willing to teach you with love. what do you say?
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by SporaD8: 7:33am On Apr 14, 2023
Animegirl:
Simply tell her to teach you how to cook!
If she has a humble and honest spirit, she will admit she not a good cook herself - then you can teach her.
If she's the teachable but arrogant type, she will take you to the kitchen. As she's cooking, correct her with love. But...
If she's the unteachable and unreasonable type, nothing... I repeat nothing you say or do can make her change for good! She'd just feel slighted!
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by SporaD8: 7:34am On Apr 14, 2023
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:41am On Apr 14, 2023
When it is her turn to cook or she says she is going to the kitchen to cook for you tell her you are fasting
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by frozen70(f): 8:03am On Apr 14, 2023
Animegirl:

When you want to tell people the truth about them and forget about sentiments and how they will react to it

Simply tell her that you don't normally enjoy her cooking because it contains too much salts and pepper

I will appreciate you watch YouTube channels on cooking so that you cam learn better ways of cooking particular meals

That's all, what's difficult there
Inshot, that will seat her up and she will start making efforts to improve
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by Puss360(f): 8:32am On Apr 14, 2023
bukas15:
you need help oo. Why on earth will a lady not know how to cook

Really Is this what you have to say about a lady
She must know how to cook Chai
See, when a lady or anybody has money, a working class, with your money you can buy food outside and eat for the rest of your life...
So rest... We all learn how to cook as humans for survival... So it's not the duty of a woman to cook for you so you will survive!!!!
If she decides to cook, it's out of "Love" and not "duty"... And also try to be grateful to anybody that cooks and give you bcoz POISON IS NOT EXPENSIVE....
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by PerfectJUSTICE: 8:49am On Apr 14, 2023
I believe she's above 20. How can a woman of about this age can't cook good meal? Ok, buy her a beautiful bottle of red wine, buy flowers, play a beautiful song and whisper into her ears: "my dear your meals are wonderful but...". Taaa! Tell her the truth: "Aunty you no try. Which kind food be this abi na wetin you wan go cook for your husband house? " Only a true friend will tell another friend that he/she has mouth odour.
Re: What Is The Politest Way To Tell Somebody That They're Bad In Cooking? by PerfectJUSTICE: 8:55am On Apr 14, 2023
Puss360:

Really Is this what you have to say about a lady
She must know how to cook Chai
See, when a lady or anybody has money, a working class, with your money you can buy food outside and eat for the rest of your life...
So rest... We all learn how to cook as humans for survival... So it's not the duty of a woman to cook for you so you will survive!!!!
If she decides to cook, it's out of "Love" and not "duty"... And also try to be grateful to anybody that cooks and give you bcoz POISON IS NOT EXPENSIVE....

Your response is a proof you are a bad cook. Wait o, how can a woman not know how to cook for christ sake? "With your money you can buy food outside". Dey play...

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Girl Just Slapped Me. How Should I Deal With Her?? / Should I Break Up With Her Or Not / Why Is It Difficult To Get These Qualities In One Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.