Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,461 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

"Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) (59598 Views)

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt / 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by bdon123(m): 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2023
This people hav serious problem...tribalistic bastards

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by macaranta(m): 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2023
Personally I wasn't comfortable with that "Isale Eko" is a jungle line ...it was demeaning and derogatory. They should have at least used pseudo names not the actual name of the place as movie impressions can last a long time both far and wide.

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by MrAgbako: 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2023
Phoen1X:
Imagine that this movie was written,directed and produced by igbos,...four major markets for don dey burn.
ewu Igbos sef no go wan pass their boundary nah.

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by FBS: 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2023
imo the movie ain't that good. I expected something much more interesting and deep.

This was just nothing really even though some of the actors were good.

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Jostoman: 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2023
lhordspy:

He left Anambra to its sorry state. But pokenosing into the affair of Lagos in faraway Southwest.
Ogbomoso people forming lagosian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Jostoman: 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
Drjones109:
This movie no even sweet, them say na new movie.....but eniola badmus come fat like wetin my head no fit comprehend.
i will like to watch the film.

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by udemzyudex(m): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
Berrityga:
I laugh sha. Movie wey no sweet.

Swear say e no sweet.
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by joba4luv: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
I said it Yoruba in Lagos can never produce anything good but destroyed. Igbo produced successful business men and woman, likewise Hausas but Yoruba produce Agberos, Landgrabbers, hooliganism and thuggery still they are boasting of owing Lagos set of shameless people

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by arantess: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
myola:
The movie truly described Lagos island life, their dirty environment and rough life, and touched also on their political godfather activities. It was not against our culture when they were using "oro ritual" to threaten people during just concluded elections! Yeye government 😂😂😂
Hahahaha

Hypocrisy stinks mehn, but they will be alright

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Jostoman: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
41lady:
I do not want to watch the movie before, i saw it on Amazon prime but because this act, I will watch it now, let me login to see what was revealed in the movie that agbadorians are ashame of.
me self wan watch the movie

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by udemzyudex(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
They are looking for the trouble again then now say Igbo and other non indigenes are being put in their place as visitors by their Yoruba hosts.

How this concerns APC or Igbo like OP beggars belief. The film makers have not even done as little as apologise and beg for understanding that they were not out to hurt the sensibilities of the heritage of the indigenes they disrespected.

There is nothing exceptional in asking for film be withdrawn. In the early 90s, there was a Yoruba film titled "Arugbo To Re Mecca" that generated uproar, it was stepped down with wisdom and re-edited . The lead actress is still active till date. Even about same time was KIng Wasiu Ayinde's song that denegrates the Yoruba sub ethnic Ogu people of Badagry but he stepped down the song and reworked it to remove the offensive lyric. K1 has gone on to achieve even greater milestones afterwards.

They are ignorant yet forming woke as if they are the first to act or script film that need to be reworked.

Those in the film and those behind it are now in real trouble. Just remove the offensive part and replace the real names of location used with fictional names then apologise to show your art connect with real people.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Rants of a kid.

Take the producers to court.
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by MrAgbako: 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2023
LesbianBoy:
The kind of politics Tinubu and APC are playing. The country won't get better any time soon.

Thank God it was not an igbo person that produced the movie of not na another thing we go dey see angry
try yourself nah.
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Elitedezigns: 2:06pm On Apr 14, 2023
Godfathers dem hand work

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Chucks13: 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2023
But why are some people just naturally defiant and can't respect ther people's culture?

I'm very sure this useless film was created to deliberately smear the Yoruba culture of Lagos descend which is unacceptable and I can say it with fair or favour if critical investigation is conducted ho are behind this campaign of smear I'm very sure my own people from SE names will be involve and obirodents too will be involves I'm so sure of this.

These two set of people in Nigeria soil are naturally disrespectful to other peoples value but can not accept anyone to disrespect them they will rain heaven down.

SW people wake up before its too late. Obi and his ingrate invaders has come like a cankerworms to destroy anything destroyable its their nature, SW be guided. These my own people had successfully transfer their anger and frustration to the SW and Edo now you see once a responsible young man talking and behaving like a wounded Lion ready to devour at a slight.

A word is enough for the wise. They have destroyed their own culture and value and claimed Isrelite now they want to destroy SW well reserves and protect culture.

SW wake up.

They are going to come here to insult me as usual anyway I give no bleep because I already know them its their way, their gene....

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Torylanez(m): 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2023
Get Netflix Premium - https:///TqKu

[ What You Will Get ] 🔻
• Premium Unlocked
• Unlimited Watching Screen
• No Account Required
• 4K Quality, HDR, Support Tablet, TV
• Completely free, no ads, no banner
• Supports subtitles in all languages

FOR ANDROID SMARTPHONES ONLY ⚠️
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by FreeStuffsNG: 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2023
udemzyudex:

Rants of a kid.

Take the producers to court.
Smh. In your village, masquerades take people to court? You will be forming woke yet completely ignorant. They will use traditional and physical ways to exert pressure on them if you do not know.

That is why ignorant people are adviced not to dabble into what they do not know. They are supposed to do some consultations before using that Eyo masquerade and no law is written for that. Just stay off Lagos and Yoruba land cultural issues. You are completely ignorant about it.

4 Likes

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Vinnie2000(m): 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2023
LesbianBoy:
The kind of politics Tinubu and APC are playing. The country won't get better any time soon.

Thank God it was not an igbo person that produced the movie of not na another thing we go dey see angry

Would have been Terrible. embarassed

They Have called Peter Obi, his Tribesmen and even Gbadebo all sorts of names. sad

As nah Yorubas produced the Film, they are now CornFused! ☹️😕

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by fabian063: 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2023
madridguy:
Where is the picture of APC members tearing it?
Tinubu train u well. Where are cows?
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by LyfeJennings(m): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mindlog:

I also watched it last night and see no reason why is should be banned or why should it be banned? In fact, many people have already downloaded the movie?!

In an interview, Jade Osiberu said she co-wrote the movie with Kayode Jegede who is from Isale-Eko and they where there in Isale-Eko after 'meeting those who facilitated " the go ahead, shooting the movie there for 50 days!

Who is Kayode Jegede?
and Jade Osiberu should watch her back
In a bid to hit the big screen, she's soooo desperate to misappropriate our culture
That movie wasn't even shot in Isale Eko,
it was shot in Lagos Island but not Isale Eko
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by hansomb: 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2023
Phoen1X:
Imagine that this movie was written,directed and produced by igbos,...four major markets for don dey burn.
l
Lol
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Frank688915: 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mindlog:

I also watched it last night and see no reason why is should be banned or why should it be banned? In fact, many people have already downloaded the movie?!

In an interview, Jade Osiberu said she co-wrote the movie with Kayode Jegede who is from Isale-Eko and they where there in Isale-Eko after 'meeting those who facilitated " the go ahead, shooting the movie there for 50 days!
Firstly, no need to introduce that eyo of a thing that kill obalolas father. it's out of context and i didn't see any moral lesson in the video because at the end of the movie obalola later follow his father legacy which the new government are planning to use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by udemzyudex(m): 2:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. In your village, masquerades take people to court? You will be forming woke yet completely ignorant. They will use traditional and physical ways to exert pressure on them if you do not know.

That is why ignorant people are adviced not to dabble into what they do not know. They are supposed to do some comsultations before using that Eyo masquerade and no law is written for that. Just stay off Lagos and Yoruba land cultural issues. You are completely ignorant about it.

So why are you ranting? Why the noise everywhere,you're the one displaying your ignorance online.

You feel these guys sew the costume and shoot the movie in Isale Eko without consulting the elders there?
Even in computer village here, before shooting any movie they'll have to consult the iyaloja .

All this rants is medicine after death,let those who are so concern take the producers to court.

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by 2mch(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
LyfeJennings:

Who is Kayode Jegede?
and Jade Osiberu should watch her back
In a bid to hit the big screen, she's soooo desperate to misappropriate our culture
That movie wasn't even shot in Isale Eko,
it was shot in Lagos Island but not Isale Eko
I am surprised they claimed Jegede are from Lagos Island. Na wa. Jade need to have common sense. Lagos May seem liberal but it’s not ever funny to take light of people and their culture. We have seen how black Americans have been portrayed and how that has destroyed their image till today. These are just Obidients undercover looking for attention with their silly and daft plots. Next time, best to use fictional names and locations so you don’t make yourself a target out of greed.

4 Likes

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by samexwill: 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
youngsahito:
Body dey pepper dem ni. The movie portrait the act of their of Godfather.

The God father is your president.

1 Like

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by placeofallure(f): 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
They are looking for the trouble again then now say Igbo and other non indigenes are being put in their place as visitors by their Yoruba hosts.

How this concerns APC or Igbo like OP beggars belief. The film makers have not even done as little as apologise and beg for understanding that they were not out to hurt the sensibilities of the heritage of the indigenes they disrespected.

There is nothing exceptional in asking for film be withdrawn. In the early 90s, there was a Yoruba film titled "Arugbo To Re Mecca" that generated uproar, it was stepped down with wisdom and re-edited . The lead actress is still active till date. Even about same time was KIng Wasiu Ayinde's song that denegrates the Yoruba sub ethnic Ogu people of Badagry but he stepped down the song and reworked it to remove the offensive lyric. K1 has gone on to achieve even greater milestones afterwards.

They are ignorant yet forming woke as if they are the first to act or script film that need to be reworked.

Those in the film and those behind it are now in real trouble. Just remove the offensive part and replace the real names of location used with fictional names then apologise to show your art connect with real people.
check my signature for free stuffs!

You're correct. That old movie actually is titled "Asewo to re Mecca" I beg your pardon.

Even my darling Tope Alabi has had to rework the lyrics of her song hyping the late Ireti Ajanaku, her supposed spiritual father. Kwam 1 apologised to the women when he sang "Eyin Mama e senpe" translating to - Old Mamas, take a chill pill..." There's no big deal. You may not see it in that perspective but once it's pointed out, rework it.

But common sense, they say, is not common. See them ascribing everything to APC. Children of perdition, children of hate. If out of ignorance I misrepresent Arochukwu or Amadioha, una no go talk? Nonsense and Concobility!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Faposky95: 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2023
It's just a movie..
Art... that's all
Demented people thinking ruling is new, or a place called Lagos is only for a select few...
Donces
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by OloyeVIII: 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
As eye no get reverse. i don watch am, we don watch am... sorry we can't unsee things.. Lagos is what it is... I need that Eyo attaire sef make i wear am go smoke lou lou..
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Gentew(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2023
youngsahito:
Body dey pepper dem ni. The movie portrait the act of their of Godfather.

Godfatherism in lagos is better than Terrorism in the East..... I'm sure you agree with me that's why young folks in your terrorist ravaged region run to Lagos, the land of godfatherism.

4 Likes

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by greypencils: 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mindlog:

Lots of things about that movie are realistic and should be applauded. The storyline revealing the transition of local thugs into politics is a good and truthful one. There are some wrongs though. Our culture remains our culture and should be sacrosanct. Eyo Masquerade is the cultural identity of Lagos, Isale-Eko in particular. Drag that in the mud and what is left? Has there ever be any scenario in real-life in which The Eyo regalia has been used to commit crime? No. So why soil it unnecessarily? There are a lot of other scenarios that can be used to drive home their salient points. The potrayal of that masquerade as a tool for violent crime is a no no.

2 Likes

Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Capernum: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2023
Please how can I get this movie? It's not on YouTube?
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by BossGerald: 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2023
lhordspy:

He left Anambra to its sorry state. But pokenosing into the affair of Lagos in faraway Southwest.

Anambra sorry state? Tell me any state in your region that isn't worst.
Re: "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) by Metrofox(m): 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
madridguy:
Where is the picture of APC members tearing it?

Keep quiet inspector Jack bauer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Erica And Kiddwaya Get A Final Warning From Biggie / BBNaija: Thelma 'Gedoni & Khafi Are Finishing The Condoms In The House' / Tboss' Family Denies Marriage & Child Rumours After These Photos Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.