Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. (12936 Views)

Career path, Learn Graphic Design Online / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria / Benefits Of Graphics Design As A Career Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Godfullsam(m): 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
o123456789:

I don't know about any tutorial center in Abuja, I live in Benin City, Edo State. Just learn Hacking via YouTube, search for "Bug bounty tutorial" or watch out for my upcoming WhatsApp tutorial on Bug bounty. email: ayanbe1992@gmail.com or WhatsApp: 08127370217

Ok

Thanks
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Minajesty18(f): 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2023
o123456789:
Since you have a laptop already in just seven days I can mentor you via WhatsApp for a small fee, provided you don't divert in Yahoo Yahoo, because I will be teaching you A to Z of hacking. And after the tutorial you can begin to make money in few days. Your job is to find and confirm ways any computer, website, server or iot etc can be hacked and you get paid almost immediately or highest seven days. The lowest bug is priced at $200 so the more you submit the more money you make.

Hello, i’m equally interested too

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by tareigns(m): 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2023
qtx:

You quoted the whole write-up just to say Hi?
Chai naijaaaaa.

Okay @Op, first learn graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator etc) if you have a passion for graphics, Programming will be good if you have a brain for maths and logic yet its a long term scheme.

Crypto trading is not for inexperience person, you may loose your money and become more broke.
Data analysis , you can start with excel training and graduate to SQL and higher(also needs some brains and patiences)

You can put a little cash on some genuine crypto investments and give some time to take out some good dollars and japa after getting any of this stated skills. . In all life generally is about decision and plan. Nothing out there is that simple if you want to succeed you must invest time, attentions and sometimes money to fly.

No vex
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Kelvindate(m): 5:55pm On Apr 14, 2023
Ajalalomo:

You can try software testing if you have the time to study.

My brother studied business administration at the university but was unable to secure a well-paid job after graduation, so he ended up teaching in a private secondary school.

After teaching for like 3 years, he then started looking into the IT market. He went online to search for materials, studied for about six months, then sat for the ISTQB exam. He failed the first time, but he retook the exam and passed the second time, becoming a certified software tester.

He went back online for further training, and he later started making small amounts of money—between $300 and $1000 per month—working from home. He started helping me out because he was living with me then. He quits the teaching job.

He got a big break when he landed a job in Portugal. We all thought the job was a scam until they asked him to schedule a video interview. He got the job, and they mailed him some documents to enable him to apply for a work permit.

He now lives in Porto, Portugal. No agent, no middleman.

Good day sir, I have been asking about this software testing of u check my current thread. I would like to connect with you maybe u can help me to connect with your brother because I wanted to get the certificate for software tester but I don't know how to go about it. My WhatsApp is zero 81074789 three zero. I will be your response sir.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 6:03pm On Apr 14, 2023
PixelPlexus:
Ok its almost the same story elsewhere and I have something to tell you, so listen and pay attention very well, in fact bring chair, bring lantern join cos this discussion go last till night come..😃.

First look inward in your self, your talent and your environment. What business where you doing before and what were its ups and downs and if you were to advice yourself what kind of a honest review will you make of it, this stage is key to knowing who you are, where you are and where you are heading to, there Is this chinese proverb that says a filled cup holds no water no matter how you pour in to it ( paraphrase), am not trying to sound like a motivational speaker but am saying this because you are thinking of going into ict, perhaps a new path to you.

First what area of ICT are you thinking of, ICT is a broad area with lots of job opportunities as skilled, semiskilled or professional but that does not rule out the fact that there is no reported cases of underpay or even no job as well but chances are that if you horned your skills, you will surely have a leap especially if its backed with industry standard certification such as IBM, Comptia, Oracle, Sun, Microsoft and a lot of others.

So the big question, which area am I going to go?
This is purely personnel, its neither here nor there but you will likely have interest and progress in areas that resonate with your passion, as when the demands starts coming, the reason will push you against all odds, so am not going to do a push up for you to develop your muscle but will advice you to go think about what you want in the ICT area that resonates with your already known strengths and this discussion will continue, just quote me to be continue.

I have written an epistle, its time to take kola.😂
Lol, be like na u type Ok or Hi before. As I didn't see this earlier, if no be say, I started taking stock of the ideas from beginning would have missed this wonderful one from u.👍

Lemme do the thinking, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Realist777: 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
Joemavel:

Thanks, as much as I think this is present day and futuristically good. It'll take a while to be good at it. I need something I can be good at in say 3-6months time... I'm a family man and I work too.
Go and learn copywriting and email marketing
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Blupen969(m): 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2023
o123456789:

It depends on you. The lowest bug is priced at $200, so the more bugs you discover and submit, the more your money.
But i must surely find bugs everyday??
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Godfullsam(m): 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2023
Obasempiree:

You Can learn web development. If u are interested send me a pm

I want to learn web development but I want to major in cyber security.

I want to have a background knowledge of web development first.

How can you be of help
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Godfullsam(m): 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2023
o123456789:

Based on your mindset and personality. I am a testimony I am not into Yahoo, I hate illegality.

Does cyber security require coding
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by seanwilliam(m): 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2023
aktolly54:
crypto that people lost money, you still expect him to learn it?
crypto vendor!!! How u one lose money as crypto vendor ? embarassed
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by yinkbell: 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2023
Nyne:

Are you a fast learner ?

Yes bro, I am a fast learner.
Any help from your side sir?
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by lovelybobo: 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2023
There are basically two types of jobs available today.

1 Artificial Intelligence related jobs
2 and Jobs that require Physical strength.

Any IT skill you are learning that does not involve AI, please note that you are on the wrong track.

THE FUTURE IS ALREADY HERE AND THAT FUTURE IS AI

Shalom!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by SINisSIN(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2023
Bros please can I send you mail? I want you to tutor me Boss.

o123456789:
Since you have a laptop already in just seven days I can mentor you via WhatsApp for a small fee, provided you don't divert in Yahoo Yahoo, because I will be teaching you A to Z of hacking. And after the tutorial you can begin to make money in few days. Your job is to find and confirm ways any computer, website, server or iot etc can be hacked and you get paid almost immediately or highest seven days. The lowest bug is priced at $200 so the more you submit the more money you make.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Matthewdan(m): 7:19pm On Apr 14, 2023
JJuanMiguel:
Go into oil and gas
How please
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Matthewdan(m): 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2023
KingLennon:
Go and learn how to drive heavy vehicles like tractor, truck, excavator. The money you will make for 1 job is what medical doctors are earning for a month in Nigeria
I can drive a Reach Stacker but no good job yet...I Just need comection please
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Shaev7(m): 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2023
Joemavel:
So I've been running some businesses for some time and it turns out during this Buhari regime business went south lol.. As in, we all know the situation in the country.

What even dashed my hopes finally was the kinda election we had in this country where I had hoped for a true change as I've always been vocal against japa and why it's okay here and no place like home. But since the last 1 month I've been buying into the japa syndrome.

But I'm I to blame? E no easy with wife and 2 young kids of 2yrs plus and 4months old.

Please I need help with ideas on IT courses one can learn with the internet as I got access to not top notch but substantial amount of internet access.
Or even a good handworking skill that are lucrative abroad.

A skill one could possibly japa with, because I wanna start considering my options. I do not see the next 8yrs having anything significantly left for me in this naija.
Facility Management, you won't regret it. You need to equip yourself with the right training and mentorship. The career does not choose a specific course or specific degree. All it needs is you. You will be trained To Manage Facility and entrepreneurship to start up your own FM service business. If you need more information, contact me.....

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Nyne: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
yinkbell:

Yes bro, I am a fast learner.
Any help from your side sir?

Sure. Do you have a laptop ?
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 7:56pm On Apr 14, 2023
Shaev7:

Facility Management, you won't regret it. You need to equip yourself with the right training and mentorship. The career does not choose a specific course or specific degree. All it needs is you. You will be trained To Manage Facility and entrepreneurship to start up your own FM service business. If you need more information, contact me.....
Alright thanks. I'll contact u

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 7:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
PixelPlexus:
Ok its almost the same story elsewhere and I have something to tell you, so listen and pay attention very well, in fact bring chair, bring lantern join cos this discussion go last till night come..😃.

First look inward in your self, your talent and your environment. What business where you doing before and what were its ups and downs and if you were to advice yourself what kind of a honest review will you make of it, this stage is key to knowing who you are, where you are and where you are heading to, there Is this chinese proverb that says a filled cup holds no water no matter how you pour in to it ( paraphrase), am not trying to sound like a motivational speaker but am saying this because you are thinking of going into ict, perhaps a new path to you.

First what area of ICT are you thinking of, ICT is a broad area with lots of job opportunities as skilled, semiskilled or professional but that does not rule out the fact that there is no reported cases of underpay or even no job as well but chances are that if you horned your skills, you will surely have a leap especially if its backed with industry standard certification such as IBM, Comptia, Oracle, Sun, Microsoft and a lot of others.

So the big question, which area am I going to go?
This is purely personnel, its neither here nor there but you will likely have interest and progress in areas that resonate with your passion, as when the demands starts coming, the reason will push you against all odds, so am not going to do a push up for you to develop your muscle but will advice you to go think about what you want in the ICT area that resonates with your already known strengths and this discussion will continue, just quote me to be continue.

I have written an epistle, its time to take kola.😂
I really do not have a choice yet or come to conclusion yet but I was into e-commerce before and currently.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by o123456789(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2023
Godfullsam:

Does cyber security require coding
Yes, but not all the time. How ever coding is very easy now.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by o123456789(m): 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
SINisSIN:
Bros please can I send you mail? I want to tutor me Boss.

email: ayanbe1992@gmail.com or WhatsApp: 08127370217
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by o123456789(m): 8:07pm On Apr 14, 2023
lovelybobo:
There are basically two types of jobs available today.

1 Artificial Intelligence related jobs
2 and Jobs that require Physical strength.

Any IT skill you are learning that does not involve AI, please note that you are on the wrong track.

THE FUTURE IS ALREADY HERE AND THAT FUTURE IS AI

Shalom!!!
Very correct.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Ephemmm: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2023
Joemavel:

Thanks, courses like what. Or am I to specially target a country and look for the courses that are great there?

Yes. Courses in your field, but in the part of the country you intend to travel to.

It will give you an edge and you can get good job through same.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2023
Ephemmm:

Yes. Courses in your field, but in the part of the country you intend to travel to.

It will give you an edge and you can get good job through same.
Ok thanks
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by PixelPlexus: 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Joemavel:

I really do not have a choice yet or come to conclusion yet but I was into e-commerce before and currently.

Let's say you are to make a choice what will your three best be?

Now considering ecomerce based on your submission, answer the following

1. What went wrong
2. What went right
3. What should have been improved
4. Did I know the workings of ecommerce
5. Was the frame work ideal
6. Was it scandalous
7. What were customer complaints
8. Where those complains addressable
9. Could you on your own address those problem
10. Were those problems a business opportunity in disguise?

Now if the problem were on technology such as ecommerce,
1. do you see opportunities in solving such problem
2 Do you have the skills
3. Can you develop the skills
4. Do you have the resources
5. Do you have an identifyable framework to solve the problem like WordPress+woocomerce, PHP+mysql, java+rdms etc

If the problem was on products
1. Was it poor products
2. Was it though competition
3. Was it unfavorable market conditioner
4. Was it poor advertising
5. Was it a brand issue

Dear friend, you see there is much work to do, I believe that tackling the route cause of a problem is the best approach to finding a lasting solution than just rendering first aid to the symptoms.

I will be the last person to tell you go and do graphic designing or do machine language or do AI or datascience why? because those are not solutions but rather routes to calm you for a while which in no distance time, you will lack the zeal to continue and the hold thing will fall like a house of cards, in essence what am saying is that it is better to start from the known to the unknown, as time goes on I will ellaborate on this but does that mean those areas that I mentioned in ICT are not good? No they are but I will rather recommend it to a secondary school leaver and a fresh graduate with caution, again, I will explain more on this later.

So, go back to work and report back your assignment, and always remember to quote as that will notify me rather than replying.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Okiemute101: 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
KingLennon:
Go and learn how to drive heavy vehicles like tractor, truck, excavator. The money you will make for 1 job is what medical doctors are earning for a month in Nigeria

I've been seriously thinking about this too for a very long time for my German dream. Truck driving is the real deal honestly
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by yinkbell: 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
Nyne:

Sure. Do you have a laptop ?

Yes I have.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Nyne: 11:12pm On Apr 14, 2023
yinkbell:

Yes I have.

Okay kindly message me on WhatsApp ;

+ 1 5 8 5, 531, 2329
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by KingLennon(m): 12:20am On Apr 15, 2023
Okiemute101:

I've been seriously thinking about this too for a very long time for my German dream. Truck driving is the real deal honestly
Chase your dreams...
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by KingLennon(m): 12:22am On Apr 15, 2023
Joemavel:

Hmmm... Doesn't sound bad. I can drive my auto in naija, but learning these here in naija na almost impossible task. If I should target a country with hope of this kinda job. Must I be readily good at driving them or I can train over there?
You can learn it here. You need the experience and the confidence first before travelling out
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by KingLennon(m): 12:30am On Apr 15, 2023
Matthewdan:
I can drive a Reach Stacker but no good job yet...I Just need comection please
A reach stacker will fetch you cool money in the western world but not here unless you have a godfather who can pull strings for you. You need to learn a vehicle that is widely used here
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 2:21am On Apr 15, 2023
KingLennon:

You can learn it here. You need the experience and the confidence first before travelling out
Ok thanks... I'll work on that. I'll surely note your moniker for a future shout-out thanks.

Are u currently a driver of such abroad or know anyone who is please?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Business & Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From Jonah & The Fish / 5 Ways To Combine Work And Studying Masters / My Salary Account Was Credited Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.