Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,698 members, 7,813,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. (12890 Views)

Career path, Learn Graphic Design Online / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria / Benefits Of Graphics Design As A Career Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2023
So I've been running some businesses for some time and it turns out during this Buhari regime business went south lol.. As in, we all know the situation in the country.

What even dashed my hopes finally was the kinda election we had in this country where I had hoped for a true change as I've always been vocal against japa and why it's okay here and no place like home. But since the last 1 month I've been buying into the japa syndrome.

But I'm I to blame? E no easy with wife and 2 young kids of 2yrs plus and 4months old.

Please I need help with ideas on IT courses one can learn with the internet as I got access to not top notch but substantial amount of internet access.
Or even a good handworking skill that are lucrative abroad.

A skill one could possibly japa with, because I wanna start considering my options. I do not see the next 8yrs having anything significantly left for me in this naija.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Wodu89: 11:39am On Apr 14, 2023
There's none. But try video editing then when you master it look for jobs on international sites

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by yinkbell: 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2023
Wodu89:
There's none. But try video editing then when you master it look for jobs on international sites

Do you know about video editing bro?
I have intention in going into that .

3 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2023
Wodu89:
None as in? Do you mean aside video editing there's no option?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2023
Please ooh, 🙏 kindly make inputs all. My brain has been shot to endeavouring all this while but that spirit came on me today that I've been waiting for to do the work. Before I go relax. I have this make do/manage what u have personality which with this readiness in me now I can get over. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by seanwilliam(m): 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2023
i love how you personalized it that “. I do not see the next 8yrs having anything significantly left for me in this naija. “ confession is possession .

That being said , to address your question , learn crypto trading..

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Badekz: 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2023
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Caramia2020(m): 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
Forget about election issues and follow your desire n I believe u will surely experience success.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by PixelPlexus: 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
Ok its almost the same story elsewhere and I have something to tell you, so listen and pay attention very well, in fact bring chair, bring lantern join cos this discussion go last till night come..😃.

First look inward in your self, your talent and your environment. What business where you doing before and what were its ups and downs and if you were to advice yourself what kind of a honest review will you make of it, this stage is key to knowing who you are, where you are and where you are heading to, there Is this chinese proverb that says a filled cup holds no water no matter how you pour in to it ( paraphrase), am not trying to sound like a motivational speaker but am saying this because you are thinking of going into ict, perhaps a new path to you.

First what area of ICT are you thinking of, ICT is a broad area with lots of job opportunities as skilled, semiskilled or professional but that does not rule out the fact that there is no reported cases of underpay or even no job as well but chances are that if you horned your skills, you will surely have a leap especially if its backed with industry standard certification such as IBM, Comptia, Oracle, Sun, Microsoft and a lot of others.

So the big question, which area am I going to go?
This is purely personnel, its neither here nor there but you will likely have interest and progress in areas that resonate with your passion, as when the demands starts coming, the reason will push you against all odds, so am not going to do a push up for you to develop your muscle but will advice you to go think about what you want in the ICT area that resonates with your already known strengths and this discussion will continue, just quote me to be continue.

I have written an epistle, its time to take kola.😂

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Realist777: 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
Joemavel:
So I've been running some businesses for some time and it turns out during this Buhari regime business went south lol.. As in, we all know the situation in the country.

What even dashed my hopes finally was the kinda election we had in this country where I had hoped for a true change as I've always been vocal against japa and why it's okay here and no place like home. But since the last 1 month I've been buying into the japa syndrome.

But I'm I to blame? E no easy with wife and 2 young kids of 2yrs plus and 4months old.

Please I need help with ideas on IT courses one can learn with the internet as I got access to not top notch but substantial amount of internet access.

A skill one could possibly japa with, because I wanna start considering my options. I do not see the next 8yrs having anything significantly left for me in this naija.
Go and learn programming

2 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by NapoleonHill: 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
Programming is hard. If you don't have genuine interest, you'll burn out.

17 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by JJuanMiguel: 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
Go into oil and gas
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by QuinModah(f): 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
wink
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by abobote: 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
Currently, what are you doing?
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by StrandedBird: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
Product management

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Inspiration2017: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
Ask God

3 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by sonnie10: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
Open a day care center

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by tareigns(m): 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2023
Joemavel:

What even dashed my hopes finally was the kinda election we had in this country where I had hoped for a true change as I've always been vocal against japa and why it's okay here and no place like home. But since the last 1 month I've been buying into the japa
syndrome.

Hi.
What has happened has happened so don't beat yourself up ok. I would advise you to take a career path in any of these two; HSE (Health safety and environment) or being a care giver ( health and social care giver). They are both enjoyable and lucrative trust me. Peace.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Ephemmm: 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2023
Joemavel:

Why can't you consider taking professional certification of the country you intend to japaed to?

It will not be easy, but will certainly give you advantage in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by vickydevoka(m): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2023
NapoleonHill:
Programming is hard. If you don't have genuine interest, you'll burn out.
Exactly

3 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by olumided: 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2023
Go into programming. Get a dedicated gaming laptop and start learning online. After few months, you will give testimonies.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Bishop7170: 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2023
Please kindly go to Lynda or Udemy and do your research on the courses. Pursue knowledge and will surely follow.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2023
Joemavel:

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by donestk(m): 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
Haulage
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
Joemavel:

Use Chatgpt. It will give u answers
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2023
Ephemmm:

Why can't you consider taking professional certification of the country you intend to japaed to?

It will not be easy, but will certainly give you advantage in the long run.
Thanks, courses like what. Or am I to specially target a country and look for the courses that are great there?
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by yusfatedeeprof(m): 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2023
Joemavel:

Cloud computing.
These are what you need to learn, like the journey:
- Linux operating system
- Networking fundamentals/basics
- Scripting ( Bash, PowerShell)
- Start with Python for programming language.
- Virtual Machines fundamentals
- GitHub
- Lastly you familiarise yourself with any of the 3 major cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of cloud/cyber security is also an advantage.

With these skill sets listed above, you can diversify to other IT roles in the future without a problem.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by KingLennon(m): 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2023
Go and learn how to drive heavy vehicles like tractor, truck, excavator. The money you will make for 1 job is what medical doctors are earning for a month in Nigeria

16 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Risingblue008(m): 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2023
Hd
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2023
Realist777:

Go and learn programming
Thanks, as much as I think this is present day and futuristically good. It'll take a while to be good at it. I need something I can be good at in say 3-6months time... I'm a family man and I work too.

8 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2023
Caramia2020:
Forget about election issues and follow your desire n I believe u will surely experience success.
Thanks... But na this flawed system nai open my eyes now now... Done toying around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unrest In Nigeria Immigration Service Over Promotion / Work Experience Or Further Study. / My Salary Account Was Credited Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.