Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,144 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. (12932 Views)

Career path, Learn Graphic Design Online / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria / Benefits Of Graphics Design As A Career Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 2:27am On Apr 15, 2023
PixelPlexus:

Let's say you are to make a choice what will your three best be?

Now considering ecomerce based on your submission, answer the following

1. What went wrong
2. What went right
3. What should have been improved
4. Did I know the workings of ecommerce
5. Was the frame work ideal
6. Was it scandalous
7. What were customer complaints
8. Where those complains addressable
9. Could you on your own address those problem
10. Were those problems a business opportunity in disguise?

Now if the problem were on technology such as ecommerce,
1. do you see opportunities in solving such problem
2 Do you have the skills
3. Can you develop the skills
4. Do you have the resources
5. Do you have an identifyable framework to solve the problem like WordPress+woocomerce, PHP+mysql, java+rdms etc

If the problem was on products
1. Was it poor products
2. Was it though competition
3. Was it unfavorable market conditioner
4. Was it poor advertising
5. Was it a brand issue

Dear friend, you see there is much work to do, I believe that tackling the route cause of a problem is the best approach to finding a lasting solution than just rendering first aid to the symptoms.

I will be the last person to tell you go and do graphic designing or do machine language or do AI or datascience why? because those are not solutions but rather routes to calm you for a while which in no distance time, you will lack the zeal to continue and the hold thing will fall like a house of cards, in essence what am saying is that it is better to start from the known to the unknown, as time goes on I will ellaborate on this but does that mean those areas that I mentioned in ICT are not good? No they are but I will rather recommend it to a secondary school leaver and a fresh graduate with caution, again, I will explain more on this later.

So, go back to work and report back your assignment, and always remember to quote as that will notify me rather than replying.
The assignment plenty sha thanks... Lemme inform your knowledge so you can understand. The e-commerce is local and not the international one.

Owned a Facebook page, insta one, jiji and a former top vendor to the naija major e-commerce platforms.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by KingLennon(m): 6:16am On Apr 15, 2023
Joemavel:

Ok thanks... I'll work on that. I'll surely note your moniker for a future shout-out thanks.

Are u currently a driver of such abroad or know anyone who is please?
I drive a dyna truck. But I got love for swamp buggy and will wish to drive one
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by celeb10: 6:39am On Apr 15, 2023
Ajalalomo:

You can try software testing if you have the time to study.

My brother studied business administration at the university but was unable to secure a well-paid job after graduation, so he ended up teaching in a private secondary school.

After teaching for like 3 years, he then started looking into the IT market. He went online to search for materials, studied for about six months, then sat for the ISTQB exam. He failed the first time, but he retook the exam and passed the second time, becoming a certified software tester.

He went back online for further training, and he later started making small amounts of money—between $300 and $1000 per month—working from home. He started helping me out because he was living with me then. He quits the teaching job.

He got a big break when he landed a job in Portugal. We all thought the job was a scam until they asked him to schedule a video interview. He got the job, and they mailed him some documents to enable him to apply for a work permit.

He now lives in Porto, Portugal. No agent, no middleman.
boss please how do I contact you?
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by PixelPlexus: 6:46am On Apr 15, 2023
Joemavel:

The assignment plenty sha thanks... Lemme inform your knowledge so you can understand. The e-commerce is local and not the international one.

Owned a Facebook page, insta one, jiji and a former top vendor to the naija major e-commerce platforms.

Good to hear from you and being specific also as well as being truthful to your self, the ecommerce you mention is still in line and perfect for this review, so go ahead with it and if possible do the analysis per one ecomerce venture say, Facebook, then move to jiji and to others then make a comphrensive summary among the platforms, referred to your stock and sales book and see which platform made the sales the most, the aim is not to throw the baby with the bath water away.

Happy weekend!
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by o123456789(m): 7:00am On Apr 15, 2023
Blupen969:
But i must surely find bugs everyday??
It depends on you, some quit after making $10,000, the more bugs you find the more money you make.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by InifinteXR: 7:28am On Apr 15, 2023
Joemavel:

I personalize am and nothing concern u. I think only Peter Obi can turn this country around. But I don't wanna make it about a candidate or campaign was why I didn't mention names in the main post.

Began my business during Jonathan's and saw through Buhari's in business. I endured, strived and thrived like 10yrs while seeing my efforts and all dropping... Before I drain I don open eyes. Forget sentiment.

I am using an account that is not my 2010 account where I predicted exactly what Buhari's regime would be and it did happen. If tinubu takes over I see no hope for the majority. Note that I am not talking about a few but majority.

I have a female friend who japa as soon as Buhari began his second term sighting no hope and see how e be today?

No man can realistically turn naija around because the issue is rooted deep into every root and canny (remember there are even 3 arms of govt) so a single person won't make much difference.

My point is, if you want to Japa, do it on a normal ground irrespective of who the president is, because it won't really matter on the long run (as I just explained) and if you want to make it here (because trust me alot of people really are making it as tough as things seem), work hard/smart on that.

Lastly, nowhere is an Utopia, even where people are japa-ing to has its own issues plus one still need to hustle as hard abroad similar to he'll do here too.

For skill, research of YouTube, Google but I personally would still suggest web development, it's so wide and has lots of prospects
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by randymirrors(f): 7:31am On Apr 15, 2023
Joemavel:

Do not say so... The majority are getting affected by the government of the day and alot of companies packed up and you are saying it has zero effect. Are you talking about the majority or just a select few of whom I used to be among?

All those things you mentioned are somewhat artificial to the reality of things.

The fact that you already tied down the outcome of your destiny to govt responsibility sets you up for failure already. Ask yourself why you're not amongst the few making it in this harsh economy. Up your game and stop complaining. Complaining and sulking are signs of weakness.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Blupen969(m): 7:34am On Apr 15, 2023
o123456789:

It depends on you, some quit after making $10,000, the more bugs you find the more money you make.
Bro no vex abeg but you are serious right?? $10,000??

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2023
randymirrors:

The fact that you already tied down the outcome of your destiny to govt responsibility sets you up for failure already. Ask yourself why you're not amongst the few making it in this harsh economy. Up your game and stop complaining. Complaining and sulking are signs of weakness.
Y'all don't get it.. the fact that I made that statement turned all your focus from ideas I seek to a speaker abi.

Initially typed a response to someone but felt there was no need. But lemme do this.

I am not talking about a thing of grace or favour in the Nigerian system but pure enabling environment. An environment where anyone with the push and ambition can excel. I do not want where it's harsh or where only but a few can thrive.

I thrived under this present government and I saw how the way a government handles things can plunge a nation by it's anti-people policies. In this same economy I acquired properties and live in my own house and a car, so do not think I didn't get my quarter of whatever you say people are. I just don't see it anymore and that's while personalising it I know it's for a fact for the many.

All these like I said came just within about a month now. After so much persuasion from folks and family. That was when it dawned on me that I needed to move.

But I am not one to go a way without thorough preparation. I've set precedence and wanna excel so you think I'd be satisfied with feeding alone all of which I comfortably can afford here already? How many people can afford that? I must say all these have been long time coming in convincing me to make the move starting from where I usually buy my bag of rice at Iddo. When I last visited there I almost wept at the prices of things wondering how people I've been hearing live below a dollar are existing. Country wey be say the unruly environment knows no bound and things can change fast before ones eyes.

Abeg leave story jor.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by randymirrors(f): 8:43am On Apr 15, 2023
Joemavel:

Y'all don't get it.. the fact that I made that statement turned all your focus from ideas I seek to a speaker abi.

Initially typed a response to someone but felt there was no need. But lemme do this.

I am not talking about a thing of grace or favour in the Nigerian system but pure enabling environment. An environment where anyone with the push and ambition can excel. I do not want where it's harsh or where only but a few can thrive.

Abeg leave story jor.

Even with the disabled environment, people are making it. Why aren't you one of them?
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2023
InifinteXR:

I understand ur view because even agbado supporter knows he doesn't have much to offer (just maybe except agric) but on the other hand, no man can realistically turn naija around because the issue is rooted deep into every root and canny (remember there are even 3 arms of govt) so a single person won't make much difference.

My point is, if you want to Japa, do it on a normal ground irrespective of who the president is, because it won't really matter on the long run (as I just explained) and if you want to make it here (because trust me alot of people really are making it as tough as things seem), work hard/smart on that.

Lastly, nowhere is an Utopia, even where people are japa-ing to has its own issues plus one still need to hustle as hard abroad similar to he'll do here too.

For skill, research of YouTube, Google but I personally would still suggest web development, it's so wide and has lots of prospects
These things you said are what I've always also told people because like I said I have always been fine and an anti-japa person in the past, I know all these u said about abroad not being an utopia. And I am choosing to be wise while at it by seeking for the best way to excel while abroad.

Regarding the country being rooted with these issues, you should know I am very optimistic and hopeful Peter wins his case in court right and even at that I already made up my mind. I buy into his cut cost on wastage in the government and all. People being accountable for their actions. Like how dem go dey spend money wey we no get and things nor go work for the money, that needs to be accounted for
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 8:53am On Apr 15, 2023
PixelPlexus:

Good to hear from you and being specific also as well as being truthful to your self, the ecommerce you mention is still in line and perfect for this review, so go ahead with it and if possible do the analysis per one ecomerce venture say, Facebook, then move to jiji and to others then make a comphrensive summary among the platforms, referred to your stock and sales book and see which platform made the sales the most, the aim is not to throw the baby with the bath water away.

Happy weekend!
Happy weekend

Please note that domestic e-commerce is affected by the government moves, the dollar and all unlike if I was into marketplace like WooCommerce and the likes where I can mark up substantially. I do not think the same can apply to this domestic one.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 8:54am On Apr 15, 2023
KingLennon:

I'll research about those stuffs u mentioned cuz I don't know if they exist in naija... But please can I pm u, so we can probably chat on WhatsApp?
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 9:01am On Apr 15, 2023
randymirrors:

Even with the disabled environment, people are making it. Why aren't you one of them?
I hate the way the country is already. I do absolutely legal things, so many people are into fraud and I do not condone with that. If you are God and know each and everyone you can keep comparing. I need ideas so stop these questions. No matter who you are in this country it's absolutely not safe around here and my post wasn't economic alone.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Antell95(m): 9:46am On Apr 15, 2023
o123456789:
I recommend Cyber Security, and to be precise BUG BOUNTY HUNTING. Learn the skills and start making good money from HackerOne, BugCrowd etc, no need to write application letter.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2023
KingLennon:

Bro please I sent you a PM. Kindly reply.

Checked through all the heavy vehicles you mentioned. At least I now know what each is like.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Newsneako: 11:23am On Apr 15, 2023
olumided:
Go into programming. Get a dedicated gaming laptop and start learning online. After few months, you will give testimonies.
Months ? 😂😂😂😂
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by bigl: 11:46am On Apr 15, 2023
Joemavel:
So I've been running some businesses for some time and it turns out during this Buhari regime business went south lol.. As in, we all know the situation in the country.

What even dashed my hopes finally was the kinda election we had in this country where I had hoped for a true change as I've always been vocal against japa and why it's okay here and no place like home. But since the last 1 month I've been buying into the japa syndrome.

But I'm I to blame? E no easy with wife and 2 young kids of 2yrs plus and 4months old.

Please I need help with ideas on IT courses one can learn with the internet as I got access to not top notch but substantial amount of internet access.
Or even a good handworking skill that are lucrative abroad.

A skill one could possibly japa with, because I wanna start considering my options. I do not see the next 8yrs having anything significantly left for me in this naija.

What business were u running before?

You're married bro with 2 kids? Wow!

That is always a motivational factor!

Anyway, try your hands on:

1. Web Design/Development
2. Motion Graphics/Animation
3. UI/UX/Mobile App Design/Development (the Gen Z threw it off and rebranded it as Product Design but na same jare)
4. Video Editing/Cinematography
5. CopyWriting

Lemme stop here.

The 1st step is to get yourself a laptop ... that's pretty fast ... core i3 or i5 or i7, 4gb or 8gb ram, 250gb hdd or 256gb ssd (ssd is faster) 14 inches screen upwards. They are usually cheap if u can get a UK used.

If u have that, i can help with some materials .... that is if you're ready to sit your flat yansh down and study, then practice ... but if not, enjoy your Bala Blue Naija ooo grin grin grin grin

But the main thing about this fields i mention is largely dependent on your passion: If you simply just want to make money off this, you might be disappointed along the way cos of some difficulties (which is of course, part of the journey) but if u have passion, you will be able to scale through without being discouraged which of course would pay off cash wise.

Buzz me whenever your ready
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by qtx(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
o123456789:

My man Programming is dead. Any body can now be a programmer with the help of AI, check out "GitHub Copilot" with this tool a novice can code and translate any code to any programming language of choice with just a few click. One thing should be noted computer and AI is here to stay and remove many out of their current jobs. For example fuel pump attendants will soon be phased out of Nigeria's downstream oil and gas sector when filling station owners start to adopt smart fuel dispenser.
I agree with you, however AI still needs humans to function. AIs are created, implemented and managed by programmers also. Again, for you to use AI to create codes you must have some knowledge of software development to be able to implement the code and to understand where which code can be used or not including the morphology and structure of the software project. My point is a total novice cant successfully built a highly productive solution end to end using AI without some fundamental knowledge of software development procedures. Finally, software dev is not totally dead yet but in the near future it's most likely

3 Likes

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2023
bigl:

3. UI/UX/Mobile App Design/Development (the Gen Z threw it off and rebranded it as Product Design but na same jare)
5. CopyWriting

Lemme stop here.

The 1st step is to get yourself a laptop ... that's pretty fast ... core i3 or i5 or i7, 4gb or 8gb ram, 250gb hdd or 256gb ssd (ssd is faster) 14 inches screen upwards. They are usually cheap if u can get a UK used.

If u have that, i can help with some materials .... that is if you're ready to sit your flat yansh down and study, then practice ... but if not, enjoy your Bala Blue Naija ooo grin grin grin grin

But the main thing about this fields i mention is largely dependent on your passion: If you simply just want to make money off this, you might be disappointed along the way cos of some difficulties (which is of course, part of the journey) but if u have passion, you will be able to scale through without being discouraged which of course would pay off cash wise.

Bala Blue Naija Lol...

Thanks bro I'll holla.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by o123456789(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2023
qtx:

I agree with you, however AI still needs humans to function. AIs are created, implemented and managed by programmers also. Again, for you to use AI to create codes you must have some knowledge of software development to be able to implement the code and to understand where which code can be used or not including the morphology and structure of the software project. My point is a total novice cant successfully built a highly productive solution end to end using AI without some fundamental knowledge of software development procedures. Finally, software dev is not totally dead yet but in the near future it's most likely
When I say dead I mean, it is a dead career path.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by o123456789(m): 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2023
Blupen969:
Bro no vex abeg but you are serious right?? $10,000??
Yes I am serious.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by jobmediatips(f): 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2023
Is good you have plan to jakpa. I think you should learn crypto, domain Flipping then learn a skill , tech skill like programming, cloud computing.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Blupen969(m): 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2023
o123456789:
Yes I am serious.
I must have a laptop for this right? bros can i get your number please or email address?
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Joemavel(m): 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2023
bigl:

5. CopyWriting

Lemme stop here.

Thanks bro. I'll PM u

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Skillsnigeria: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by o123456789(m): 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2023
Blupen969:
I must have a laptop for this right? bros can i get your number please or email address?
WhatsApp: 08127370217... You must have a laptop or an Android phone.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Blupen969(m): 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2023
o123456789:
WhatsApp: 08127370217... You must have a laptop or an Android phone.
But i jurt read on the net about the bug bounty hunt and they said it takes at least 6months to learn it
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by o123456789(m): 11:33pm On Apr 15, 2023
Blupen969:
But i jurt read on the net about the bug bounty hunt and they said it takes at least 6months to learn it
It can take 10 years and you may learn nothing on your own. But with an expert like me, it is just seven days.
Re: Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path. by Blupen969(m): 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2023
o123456789:
It can take 10 years and you may learn nothing on your own. But with an expert like me, it is just seven days.
How much is your fee?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Business & Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From Jonah & The Fish / 5 Ways To Combine Work And Studying Masters / My Salary Account Was Credited Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.