Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu (42494 Views)

You Need 25% In Abuja + Other Requirements To Be President. Mike Ozekhome / Reno Omokri: Osinbajo can Only Win Tinubu By Consensus / Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by crossbreedwears(m): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
Bros, you don use Grammar scatter ground oh lol
favor914:
Ignorance of the law is no excuse in-law, he doesn’t owe ignorant people any explanation.

His message was not intended for your consumption, but directed to the Appeals Court, not the oblivious ignorant wailers on social media, devoid of awareness about the laws of the Federation of Nigeria.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by collins2good(m): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
nwekeugochukwu:

https://igberetvnews.com/1443123/voters-fct-special-dont-need-25-win-tinubu/

See the headline, see the write up, two different thing. Make Una dey fear God
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by imam07: 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
otuomasirichi:
😎

Tinubu did not win presidential election and cannot be sworn in as Nigeria president.

No man born of a woman can swear in Tinubu as Nigeria president 💯
So for your eyes u think Tinubu nah ordinary man. D more u look d less u see.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Segzy19: 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
By now the court should have thrown out Obi's case. It has no leg to stand... It is a waste of judicial time....

1 Like

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Mrtaye: 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2023
Jack500:

FCT and so what?

All votes cast are equal, no vote is more important than the other
These are just your emotions and not technicalities on ground as per the Constitution
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by PoliteActivist: 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
nairalanda1:

FCT IS SPECIAL...because it is no state.

The law states that for the purpose of the election, the FCT is to be considered a state)not the special area it really is)....not that any candidate must win at least 25% of the vote in FCT to win election, otherwise we could end up with a hypothetical solution where someone wins in all the 36 states, yet loses the election because he lost FCT.

Come now, FCT voters are not superior to any voter. Otherwise, we might as well hold elections only in the FCT and then tell the rest of Nigeria to go and sit down...

Beware of unintended circumstances.

Well, law does not go by common sense, law goes by technicalities. That's why you see someone everyone knows 100% committed a crime go free on technicalities. "AND 25% in FCT" means just that. They could have put it another way, but they didn't. The way it is written right now, you MUST get that FCT 25%!
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Jack500: 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mrtaye:

These are just your emotions and not technicalities on ground as per the Constitution

You are the one being rule by emotion, if 25% in FCT is a requirement, Tinubu won't be declared, are you saying inec chairman is not aware of the law?

Well, you will say INEC chairman has been bought 😁, you guys should enjoy your delusion, may 29 inauguration will wake you.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Jemex003: 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
Tareq1105:

Obi is challenging results in 21 states where he lost.

I don't know what Atiku would say bcoz Obi is indirectly challenging where he Atiku won too.

Obi is challenging Tinubu results in Katsina state for instance but his lawyers were stupid enough not to have joined Atiku PDP that won in the state.

The same goes for Kano, Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara, Adamawa, and others.

The same way Obi said he should be declared winner in an election he claims did not comply with electoral law but you want INEC to declare you winner.

Does that sound sensible and brilliant? Are judges stupid like him?

Don't mind the Obi 419 and he's 4110 supporters. They're senseless and arrogant i don't know how 3rd position will be fighting for 1st Ogun kee him and he's dogs follower.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by ekeson1245(m): 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
Abuja is the capital of Nigeria. It is the national center of administration, it is the seat of power and that is what explicitly makes different and not in equilibrum with the states. Getting the 25% votes as stipulated by the constitution shows that the seat of power fully acknowledges the fellow as the better candidate in the area of administration.

Those who came up with the constitution were very smart about it because it was based solely on logic and reason. Unfortunately, the uninformed APC apologists led by one uninformed Wole Olanipekun SAN is publicly displaying his arrogance of ignorance.
How dare you place a capital city + the seat of power on the same pedestral with states?
Bunch of pathological illiterates everywhere. Fools!.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Jemex003: 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
Felimax:

Iya at'i baba'e Eran!

Baba ati iya e Awure
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Jack500: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
43Ronin:
First of all FCT is not a state grin therefore the "and" clause cannot be overlooked. its also dubious of the APC to accept the and clause in subsection a because it relates to subsection b- which their candidate(tinubu) fulfilled but reject the[b] "and" [/b]clause in the same subsection ɓ because it their candidate did not fulfill that part. looking at the constitution below, its clear that INEC should have conducted a rerun election. Tinubu is an illegal president and such illegality should not be allowed to stand in Nigeria. Nigeria ought to be the beacon for all African people, let's not reduce it to dust because of greedy politicians.

Keep fooling yourself
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Well, law does not go by common sense, law goes by technicalities. That's why you see someone everyone knows 100% committed a crime go free on technicalities. "AND 25% in FCT" means just that. They could have put it another way, but they didn't. The way it is written right now, you MUST get that FCT 25%!

In other words, we might as well just hold presidential elections in FCT then.

Sorry tinubu won, but it is what it is. God knows I wish it was otherwise. The next election is coming. We don't have time for castles in the sky.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by SLOVFO(m): 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
Odogwuzack:

Civil forfeiture.

The person that paid the money into his account was being investigated for drug related offenses. So Tinubu forfeited the money in other to avoid further issues with US government.
Interesting
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by ekeson1245(m): 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
Jemex003:

What is your father qualification? Even your mother too?

The archaic and slavery induced tribal marks on your face is surely your father and mother's combined qualification. Fool!.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Mrtaye: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Jack500:

You are the one being rule by emotion, if 25% in FCT is a requirement, Tinubu won't be declared, are you saying inec chairman is not aware of the law?

Well, you will say INEC chairman has been bought 😁, you guys should enjoy your delusion, may 29 inauguration will wake you.
Even if you have 11 credits in jamb without maths and English you can't be admitted
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by onuman: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Tingotoe:
It says no such thing. You're misinterpreting it. Anyway let's wait for Peter Obi to disgrace himself at the courts just like he did at the polls

Misinterpreting what? Misinterpreting what is written in black and white.
Something that even a baby can interpret. Something written to make whoever shall become president and administrator of Abuja federal capital territory to have legitimacy to administrator the territory.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by shegra58: 6:43pm On Apr 14, 2023
incandescentena:
Because there are no agberos like you in Abuja na
cry cry pikin
Your Igbo brother don lose and nothing can be done about it
Otiló finaleé

1 Like

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Jemex003: 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2023
ekeson1245:

The archaic and slavery induced tribal marks on your face is surely your father and mother's combined qualification. Fool!.

I can see how your parent are frustrated before dey born you that's why them forger to give you name. Tell them they gave birth to fool so they're also FoooooooooL
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mrtaye:

The answer lies on your assertion..state isn't same as federal capital hence why Abuja has a minister and not a governor
How old are you😆

You got my assertion wrong, Abuja votes are not special, all votes are equal.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mrtaye:

Even if you have 11 credits in jamb without maths and English you can't be admitted

There is no such thing as11 credits in Jamb...it is WAEC.

Second, maths and english are accepted as pre-requsites because if you want to do a university course, you need an understanding in both Maths and English. A fail in that means you don't understand the 'languages' that are to be used in university.

Finally, elections and academic requirements are two completely different things.

The 'and' in the electoral law was brought in because Abuja technically speaking is not a state, and in order to prevent FCT residents from being disenfranchised, since they live in a region that for other purposes is not counted as a 'state'...the law states basically that 'for the purposes of the election, Abuja is to be treated like any other state.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by shegra58: 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
otuomasirichi:
😎

Tinubu did not win presidential election and cannot be sworn in as Nigeria president.

chest beating Kee u dia if Dem born you well go to eagle square on May 29 and talk rubbish
Your uncle Kanu dey jail
Your Eze dey jail
Your other brother arrested on the plane dey jail
Trust me you go join them
And guess what the faith of all of you go dey Tinubu hand when he swore in as president of the federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Jogs1900: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
gaby:

I understand and respect your opinion. But I need you to think about why all of the aforementioned are called and referred to as "States" bar the FCT.

I'm not claiming to be right just trying to exercise my brain jare...

I'm good with however the court interprets it.
I respect your opinion too ..Lets wait for the interpretation...The interpretation may go either way.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:

No doubt, all votes are equal but for the purpose of emerging as president of Nigeria, the candidate must fullfil all the requirements which includes but not limited to getting at least 25% of the total votes cast in the FCT Abuja
No that is not what the law means, the law mentioned Abuja, because it's normally refered to as federal capital.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Blitzerz: 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2023
A Nigerian governor has same rights as everyone yet he has immunity.

Be deceiving yourself.
The law governs the territory.
Not the people.

As FCT indigenes, we must lead protest against this man......
Enough is enough
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by 8stargeneral: 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2023
Tingotoe:
The constitution is very clear about the status of the FCT during presidential elections. Peter Obi will disgrace himself at the tribunal
Alright,court will decide,your not tribunal
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by 43Ronin: 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2023
Jack500:

Keep fooling yourself
like your father
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by CursedOsuPigs: 6:52pm On Apr 14, 2023
incandescentena:
Because there are no agberos like you in Abuja na

Yes daddy🤣
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Finestgurlie(f): 6:52pm On Apr 14, 2023
Jemex003:

I can see how your parent are frustrated before dey born you that's why them forger to give you name. Tell them they gave birth to fool so they're also FoooooooooL
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2
Rule 2

1 Like

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Finestgurlie(f): 6:52pm On Apr 14, 2023
Jemex003:

Get out of here egoat
Rule 2
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by CursedOsuPigs: 6:52pm On Apr 14, 2023
otuomasirichi:
😎

I hope say you never enter market🤣
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Finestgurlie(f): 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2023
CursedOsuPigs:

I hope say you never enter market🤣
Rule 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Moment INEC Officially Declared Tinubu President-Elect (Video) / Keyamo Dons Legal Robe, Appears At Tribunal In Tinubu’s Defence (Video, Photos) / MC Oluomo Celebrates Son On Graduation From MIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.