Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,608 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu (42489 Views)

You Need 25% In Abuja + Other Requirements To Be President. Mike Ozekhome / Reno Omokri: Osinbajo can Only Win Tinubu By Consensus / Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by damkin24(m): 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2023
Felimax:
Na your papa write the constitution?

Druggie! Too much Tramadol!
Then you should have advocated that only Abuja residents should vote for presidency

1 Like

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by fabolouz1(m): 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
I agree with him. The Constitution is not explicit on this.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by UnabashedIPOB: 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mr. Tiefnubu, no one says that FCT voters are special but if your Constitution requires that you MUST have 25% of the votes cast there, then you're NOT exempted. It absolutely has NOTHING to do with whether the voters are special or NOT. And this is the man who wants to be your presidiot with such a warped mindset...no respect for the rule of law.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Konjiboii: 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2023
Go just dey talk like tout
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Josh109: 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2023
Constitutionally Fct is not regarded as a state but as federal capital territory, but for election purpose The word 'AND' includes Fct as a state for form 37 state

1 Like

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by sirchim(m): 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
otuomasirichi:
😎

Tinubu did not win presidential election and cannot be sworn in as Nigeria president.

No man born of a woman can swear in Tinubu as Nigeria president 💯
I dey tell you 😄
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by theredaddy: 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mecka:
The law should have said 25% in 24 states including the fct

I believe you wrote SSCE, the requirement states 5 credit including maths and english.

By default maths and english are subjects just like anyother one we can think of, "INCLUDING" in the draftsmam context was to re-emphasize maths and english are subjects tho but they are top re-quisite for anyone seeking admission to an higher institution in Nigeria.

In FCT case, abuja is not a state by standard or logic, so it was imperial to use a conjunction so "FCT" can count as if it were a state.

By default if FCT were a state and Nigeria had 37 states, if the law had went further to spell out FCT using "INCLUDING" only in that context we can say Abuja is superior to other say.

Now imagine the constitution had said "and Lagos " how do you interprete that
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by kellyzaf(m): 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2023
favor914:
Ignorance of the law is no excuse in-law, he doesn’t owe ignorant people any explanation.

His message was not intended for your consumption, but directed to the Appeals Court, not the oblivious ignorant wailers on social media, devoid of awareness about the laws of the Federation of Nigeria.

You that knows what Tinubu said, plz can you explain to us ignoramus what the constitution says about the FCT in presidential election in Nigeria cuz i dont know why the fct was specifically added in that costitution in the first place that someone will come and tell us now that it does not matter. Thank u in advance.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Abrahamweb(m): 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2023
Jack500:

Where is it in the law that Abuja votes are superior?

Keep fooling yourself
Not superior just Abuja is special and operate under different status.
Abuja no get governor or as you vote for your governor Abuja people vote?
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by ekeson1245(m): 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2023
Jemex003:

I can see how your parent are frustrated before dey born you that's why them forger to give you name. Tell them they gave birth to fool so they're also FoooooooooL

You couldn't even put together a correct line of simple English language. Your illiteracy is like a smoke that cannot be covered, it must always show. A nincompoop and a frustrated low life put together is your glaring identity. Scumbag!

1 Like

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by abbey621(m): 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mrtaye:

Your statement is ficticious as in how can you compare UK and US system to our just because you want to lamba

See this is the problem with most Nairalanders, una no dey read & comprehend. Instead of arguing blindly, go online compare the U.S Constitution and the 1999 Nigerian Constitution, when you're done you would be more enlightened. Perhaps then we can have a meaningful conversation.....PEACE!
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by exstreve: 7:20pm On Apr 14, 2023
Josh109:
Constitutionally Fct is not regarded as a state but as federal capital territory, but for election purpose The word 'AND' includes Fct as a state for form 37 state

Not only elections bro, even during NYSC, I wonder why Peter obi fans are acting dumb fr
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by treatise: 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2023
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by hush15: 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2023
nwekeugochukwu:

https://igberetvnews.com/1443123/voters-fct-special-dont-need-25-win-tinubu/

It's not about you druggie. It's the law and a requirement in the law.
You once said you plan for everything, how you didn't factor this part shows you that you also perfect as you claim.

The votes not special but that doesn't change the status of the FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY. Until the law specifically regards it as a state like any other where it would have all the statutory Chara tristics of a state such as a governor, HOA, and its state apparatus es, Oga, you will need that 25%of that territory
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by BreconHills(m): 7:27pm On Apr 14, 2023
otuomasirichi:
😎

Tinubu did not win presidential election and cannot be sworn in as Nigeria president.

Unfortunately for you, your words carry no weight on this matter in heaven or on earth
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Olubanting1: 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
Omo na wa for your judgement oooo.
You talks and reason like some Igbo guys.

Just liks some few week ago when some of us decide to vote out bad government and vote Peter obi because we desire better Nigeria, when governorship come immediately we decided to vote for another party we become there enemy and say almana of things as if they own everyone's life....

I remained vividly in 2021 when some of you said there will be noting love like Nigeria again in 2023, now we still have Nigeria. Some of you said there will be no election in 2023, election have come and gone. Now is

When this government sworn in third person as a Governor what did you do?
In your onw very eye you will see when that guy will be sworn in as the President of this country, millions of can not do anything na only mouth you get except God said otherwise. Ire ooo.

otuomasirichi:
😎

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by rahmontech(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2023
kellyzaf:

You that knows what Tinubu said, plz can you explain to us ignoramus what the constitution says about the FCT in presidential election in Nigeria cuz i dont know why the fct was specifically added in that costitution in the first place that someone will come and tell us now that it does not matter. Thank u in advance.

FCT is never regarded as a state and we all know that. So in this case of elections, FCT has to be acknowledged hence the “AND” , adding it to the 37 states. So constitutionally, it is not a must to get 25% in FCT provided you get 25% in the 36 states, including FCT.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Princewell2012(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2023
Odogwuzack:

But the US court said it wasn't a criminal forfeiture.

So forfeiting money in APC government is an award?
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Jack500: 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2023
Abrahamweb:

Not superior just Abuja is special and operate under different status.
Abuja no get governor or as you vote for your governor Abuja people vote?

It doesn't matter, if Abuja is so important, everyone would have known before now and no way, career politician like Tinubu and Atiku won't have done everything to get it
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Jack500: 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2023
43Ronin:

like your father

E pain am. Go and hang yourself.

Tinubu will rule you and your papa
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by BreconHills(m): 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
UnabashedIPOB:
Mr. Tiefnubu, no one says that FCT voters are special but if your Constitution requires that you MUST have 25% of the votes cast there, then you're NOT exempted. It absolutely has NOTHING to do with whether the voters are special or NOT. And this is the man who wants to be your presidiot with such a warped mindset...no respect for the rule of law.

Stop this nonsense. The constitution says that Abuja should be treated as any other state when it involves constitutional matters. The "and" is inclusive not "additional" This is settled law and some of us have been.in practice for 40 odd years. There are already several cases on this point.

Unlike the US Nigeria does not run an electoral college. Are you saying if someone won one state and Abuja he would win the election if his opponent won 34 states without Abuja? Come on.

I have always wondered why Obi filed such a weak petition. I can only surmise that he wants to play the "we were robbed" card in order to catalyse and hold his base together over the next four years.

Even he has gone quiet.

1 Like

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Jemex003: 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
ekeson1245:

You couldn't even put together a correct line of simple English language. Your illiteracy is like a smoke that cannot be covered, it must always show. A nincompoop and a frustrated low life put together is your glaring identity. Scumbag!

Wailer continue your crying till another 8yrs. Your tears is needed in our shrine
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by blaise26abj(m): 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2023
favor914:
Only the Obidients are still in self denial.

People
Do not think at all . I don’t like Tinubu . I truly wish things were different . But if different and it has to be this same set of low IQ , uncouth Obidients championing him , it will be a catastrophe!
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Jack500: 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mrtaye:

Even if you have 11 credits in jamb without maths and English you can't be admitted

Maths and English is not Abuja, everyone knows Math and English is important, if Abuja is, too; trust me everyone would have known before now.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by youngrichnigga: 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
The impunity under Buhari will be a child's play with this man as president because everything will be interpreted to suit his biddings angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by gbigbega: 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
So now we should discard everything that has "AND" in the constitution if we discard this one. For instance if they say Federal Government and State we should as well assumed state is not mentioned and if they say States and Federal Government, we should as well assume Federal Government is not mentioned.

More so, if Abuja is taking as a state, we can as well assume Abuja to be a state in all context and they should be accorded every right and privilege accorded to a state like having a governor and 3 senators and house of reps members. You cannot isolate Abuja only on presidential voting. If Abuja is a state, we should also have state election in Abuja. Why will you say Abuja is different only on the issue of presidential election? Does it make any sense?
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Andrelade: 7:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
otuomasirichi:
😎

When will you stop dreaming.You turn everything to play.No reasonable person will make this statement of yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by BigBashiru: 7:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
Massiveglory:
See how bold he is towards unconstitutionality.
He has no regards to the fabrics that holds the nation. Yet he wants to govern the nation.

We just love to ridicule ourselves. People have suddenly turned blind and dumb to simple english.

Constitutionallly Nigeria has no president elect, but since english language is not our first language and translating the constitutional requirement for the FCT abuja has become a challenge, Let those in charge set up a committee that will consult the UK judiciary to explain what the word "AND" means.

The problem is Nigerians think everything is a joke or meme....

1 Like

Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by edungene7: 7:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
favor914:
cc: Afamsi

Ignorance of the law, is no excuse in law, even INEC has confirmed same, yet they Obidients still choose to dwell in ignorance?

299. The provisions of this Constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the States of the Federation; and accordingly -

(a) all the legislative powers, the executive powers and the judicial powers vested in the House of Assembly, the Governor of a State and in the courts of a State shall, respectively, vest in the National Assembly, the President of the Federation and in the courts which by virtue of the foregoing provisions are courts established for the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja;

(b) all the powers referred to in paragraph (a) of this section shall be exercised in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution; and

(c) the provisions of this Constitution pertaining to the matters aforesaid shall be read with such modifications and adaptations as may be reasonably necessary to bring them into conformity with the provisions of this section.
You are surely an educated illiterate
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by Guestlander: 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
incandescentena:
Because there are no agberos like you in Abuja na

So much likes for a very dumb comment. And you shall know them by the type of comments they agree with......
.headless mob.
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by edungene7: 7:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
If Abuja is not special how come it houses all the power to legislate and execute issues of National importance
Re: Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu by mrkia(m): 7:43pm On Apr 14, 2023
Massiveglory:
See how bold he is towards unconstitutionality.
He has no regards to the fabrics that holds the nation. Yet he wants to govern the nation.

We just love to ridicule ourselves. People have suddenly turned blind and dumb to simple english.

Constitutionallly Nigeria has no president elect, but since english language is not our first language and translating the constitutional requirement for the FCT abuja has become a challenge, Let those in charge set up a committee that will consult the UK judiciary to explain what the word "AND" means.

Lol...even you people s' Lawyer know they're out just to cash out on Obi who also know what he's doing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Edo: Ganduje, Buni Meet Buhari / Abubakar Shekau: "It's Better I Die & Go & Rest Than The Calamity Befalling Us" / Bianca Ojukwu Marks Her 20th Traditional Marriage Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.