Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket (42531 Views)

‘840-0’ — APC’s Ododo Defeats Ajaka, Melaye At Yahaya Bello’s Polling Unit / Coronavirus: Adeboye, Oyedepo, Okonkwo, Adeyemi, Others Hold Online Services / APC'll Win Kogi, Bayelsa 2019 Governorship Election - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by WithFact: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2023
Ladiesdoctor:
But this Yahaya Bello sef, how can you be an Ebira man and decided to handover power to another Ebira man?

APC don't have conscience at all.
The party itself cannot call his attention to such.

Of course, the other contestants will work against the Ododo

Real evil party

So only yahaya Bello vote reached78704 to give ebira man victory.

Sentiment has limited your growth to online tear..

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Komu1048(m): 10:31am On Apr 15, 2023
ACCURETE:

party
When Audu do 8 years and pick is tribal person ibro no one complain when ibro did 8 years to e also pick is tribal person who did 4 years did heaven fall

Wc Audu do 8 yrs, he did 4 n ibro did 8, reason audu came back n won but he died, and d slot was given to Yahaya cox he came second. I was expecting him to give Okun exp d fact they Okun stood by him(egbira) when Igala people were dealing with them n Okun
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by francotunsco: 10:35am On Apr 15, 2023
press9jatv:
yahaya bello boy. I can’t wait for Senator Dino Melaye to emerge as Pdp governorship flag bearer Today. By the special Grace of Almighty God, Senator Dino Melaye wins today’s Pdp governorship primary election today.

Unfortunately for your wait, Kogi PDP are not with Dino! He is using National might to secure the ticket against the wish of the local PDP in Kogi.
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by yomi531(m): 10:36am On Apr 15, 2023
XAUBulls:

Ugh!

You are getting too verbally violent in your use of adjectives here Acidosis... this is what I don't like about your posts that have to do with politics even though you made some valid points.

Most Igalas are Muslims... What do you mean by an Igala Christian coming up to remove this man and his stooge?

Who lie u that one? Igalas are evenly split blw Christianity and Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Lithiumite: 10:37am On Apr 15, 2023
Indabello:

Audu actually spent 4years before Ibrahim Idriss defeated him. However, your argument that three Igala governor's succeeded one another is right.

But 2 wrongs don't make a right.....inclusion and giving everyone a sense of belonging is what's needed......I don't support Bello on this
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by clockwisereport: 10:40am On Apr 15, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

I didn't see Abiodun Faleke in the list? What happened? He didn't participate?

He withdrew from the race
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by MissLeslie(m): 10:41am On Apr 15, 2023
Ladiesdoctor:
But this Yahaya Bello sef, how can you be an Ebira man and decided to handover power to another Ebira man?

Real evil party

Same scenario happen almost all the regions in Nigeria. Oyinlola restle power from Akande in osun both are from central, Ajimonbi, Ladoja, Lam and Seyi are from center too. Marginalisation is the major problems of Nigeria.
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by fergie001: 10:47am On Apr 15, 2023
Indabello:

What of Muri, was he not part of the contest?
They blocked him with Court Injunction.
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by VEXT: 10:48am On Apr 15, 2023
HausaIgboYoruba:
yes coz same scenario is playing out in Plateau and Taraba states. Ain't substantial Muslims in those states? But it's always a Christian governor

Taraba and plateau state have 99% Christians...

Kogi has 55percent Christians.

Religious bigot

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Satazaa: 10:59am On Apr 15, 2023
mistilink1:
I still maintain my initial stand that Igala is not the majority tribe in Kogi State. Igala is only fortunate to have big-for-nothing land mask. This is what made them to have nine LGA. Lokoja is more Ebira/Okun than Igala.Nature has created boundary between Igala and Ebira.You can cross over river Niger and be claiming the lands after it. I hope I have given you enough orientation now?
excellent bro
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Satazaa: 11:04am On Apr 15, 2023
mistilink1:
Majority of Igalas sees Lokoja as their base because they refuse to develop their town,too local and inhabitable for them to leave, hence they see Lokoja as their retirement base. That's why it looks have the population you could see in Lokoja. Take for example,an Ebira man is comfortable doing business in Okene and still make it because of rate of development there. But if you are in Igala land and embarking on any business, you are on your own.
super correct and right on point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by famology(m): 11:06am On Apr 15, 2023
I thought faleke contested
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Satazaa: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2023
Acidosis:

Igalas are more in Lokoja because they spent at least 20 years planting their brothers, sisters, and ghost workers in the entire head offices of government agencies.

If Audu had not died mysteriously, they will still be in Lugard House, ruling and running the affairs of the state till this very day.

The worst bigots any "minority" tribe can wish for.
you are absolutely right, and now what goes around is coming around

1 Like

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by FengChui(m): 11:08am On Apr 15, 2023
EeyanMayweather:

But the Ebira people do not have the population to replicate what the Igala did.
PDP might just win Kogi

Based on last census, them get population pass any other senatorial district for Kogi state.
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by ENTITY26Bf: 11:11am On Apr 15, 2023
Ladiesdoctor:

Real evil party

and Igala people so dft they were collecting bribe from yaya bello, now yaya bello is now a terrorist on them
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Acidosis(m): 11:16am On Apr 15, 2023
HausaIgboYoruba:
yes coz same scenario is playing out in Plateau and Taraba states. Ain't substantial Muslims in those states? But it's always a Christian governor

Say only what you know. Taraba/Plateau has over 80% Christians. In Kogi, Christians are at least 45-50%.

Igala - 45% Christians
Ebira - 30% Christians
Okun - 80% Christians

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by press9jatv: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2023
francotunsco:

Unfortunately for your wait, Kogi PDP are not with Dino! He is using National might to secure the ticket against the wish of the local PDP in Kogi.
Kogi State Pdp are much with Senator Dino Melaye. He has done his assignment well and he wins the Pdp governorship primary election today by the special Grace of Almighty God. You are only given him more sympathy votes with your hatred, lies and propaganda against him. Senator Dino Melaye is the people’s choice joor.
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by juman(m): 11:23am On Apr 15, 2023
I read through the thread to get the feeling in their party, I still dey observe.
The governor does not have the political clout to do as he likes.
Abuja apc would not allow him to ruin their chance and lose the state.
Maybe during the surveying, the man was the most popular among their aspirants. AS he was former youth leader and worked with local government authorities.
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Segunlords(m): 11:25am On Apr 15, 2023
Smart Adeyemi and not Sam Adeyemi
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by ACCURETE(m): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2023
Tareq1105:

What you failed to understand is that Kogi Central 5 councils doesn't have the voting strength if Kogi East 9 councils and West 7 councils teamed up.

The voting strength of Dekina local councils is enough to cancel the entire Kogi Central votes.
This was the same thing you said in last election but what later now happened?
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by ACCURETE(m): 11:37am On Apr 15, 2023
Tareq1105:

What you failed to understand is that Kogi Central 5 councils doesn't have the voting strength if Kogi East 9 councils and West 7 councils teamed up.

The voting strength of Dekina local councils is enough to cancel the entire Kogi Central votes.
I laugh you oo they same things that you said in last election but you see what later happened when results is coming
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by dickson2000(m): 11:38am On Apr 15, 2023
XAUBulls:

Ugh!

You are getting too verbally violent in your use of adjectives here Acidosis... this is what I don't like about your posts that have to do with politics even though you made some valid points.

Most Igalas are Muslims... What do you mean by an Igala Christian coming up to remove this man and his stooge?

Most Igalas aren't Muslims; however, Igala Christians are not politically active and dogged as the Muslims.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by vicdom(m): 11:38am On Apr 15, 2023
Sammy07:

Yeah, I think Igala and Okun are at per with population but not landmass

Igala lands is a bit more than Okun, and they have more local government.

In all this Ebiras has the least landmass and population.

And yes, Lokoja is In Okun land, but the instances around lokoja is just unpredictable
What's this one talking about? Igala alone constitute to about 45% of entire kogi population. It's Ebiras and Okun that make up 50% and others like Ogori, Bassa, Nupe constitute the remaining 5%. If all Igalas vote in one direction, Okun vote in one direction and Ebiras vote in one direction, in the end, Igalas will always win because they have the numbers. Voters in Dekina and Idah local government alone will cancel 6 out of 7 LGA in Okun side. Its only Kabba-bunu LGA that has good population in Okun side ooo, other six LGAs, nothing is there and they don't produce block votes like Ebiras and Igalas. Okuns are highly liberal to the core. They always share their votes during election even though their population is small than Igalas. That's why Yahaya bello doesn't want to give an Okun man ticket, because it will be one way for PDP should they field an Igala man.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 15, 2023
MissLeslie:

Same scenario happen almost all the regions in Nigeria. Oyinlola restle power from Akande in osun both are from central, Ajimonbi, Ladoja, Lam and Seyi are from center too. Marginalisation is the major problems of Nigeria.

The case of Oyinlola or Ibadan has nothing to do with Okun people. Oyinlola (PDP) did not wrestle power from AD because he came from Okuku. The case of LAM (AD) and Ladoja or Alao Akala (Ogbomoso) has nothing to do with Ajimobi or Seyi Makinde coming from Ibadan. It is purely political institutions and gladiators who built their political base and supporters over the years.

OKUN people are very weak and unserious coward people. There is a particular retired Major General from that tribe also. They have the same identity.

They brought Igalla, Ebira (then known as Igbira) and Okun out of Kwara State for development. Now, Igalla and Ebira have caged OKUN people. Smart Adeyemi credentials are NUJ chairmanship and being political son of Saraki. These are obsolete to me and Yahaya Bello. Dino Melaye truancy cannot get him a local government chairmanship in my Ogun State and his truancy is nothing to Ebira and Igalla people of Kogi State.

I remembered that retired Major General saying he supported Ekwueme during PDP primary because Yorubas supported Obasanjo. That was when I remembered their students don't attend Yoruba meetings in our days in the University. Now, they are very helpless.

Faleke is helpless in that area because SB Awoniyi and SB Daniyan have sold them into slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by ACCURETE(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2023
asobo1:
Do you my problem with people like you, you always want to look knowledgeable but nothing una sabi. Who the hell told you Audu did 8 years. If he did 8 years, why did he contest in 2015? Abi there is a different constitution for the late Audu?
Thanks for correction it a mistake from me but let be truthful to ourselves if Apc should have given the ticket to igala or Okun will you say this
Me am not happy the person I supports was onoja even do he is not my tribe and the second was smart so if onoja step down for ododo is that my problem let the Pdp bring who they fill is good then we pray to God to give us the best among them

1 Like

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by dickson2000(m): 11:43am On Apr 15, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. Indeed. You supported Bello for second term and now supporting his thieving stooge but Dino a Yoruba who have been seriously marginalised is the devil.
You're just deceiving yourself thinking you're smart.
Okun had better presented a better candidate than Dino to defeat APC.

1 Like

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by XAUBulls: 11:50am On Apr 15, 2023
dickson2000:
Most Igalas aren't Muslims; however, Igala Christians are not politically active and dogged as the Muslims.
OK, thanks for the info @dickson2000.
Are you an oma Igala?
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by vicdom(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2023
Acidosis:

....And PDP will simply produce someone from Igala with another Okun deputy.
Is it the PDP of today? PDP is a very useless party nah, they lack good political acumen to strategize to win election. They prefer to sell the flag for money, to a weak candidate who cannot win the main election. I can bet all I have got that Dino will win PDP ticket. Yahaya Bello knows that, that's why he's brazenly doing what's doing. He's not even bothered sef, because he's still going to win.

If Dino picks PDP ticket, Igalas Wil go to labour party. They have already positioned one prominent Igala man, Air vice Marshall Isaac Mohammed Alfa. So with Ebiras going to APC+ incumbent power, Okun to PDP and Igalas to Labour, APC will win in the end. Because Bello will make sure he suppress the votes in Igala land and Okun land, then bring bloc votes from Ebira land, and he will win.

1 Like

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2023
yinkus6750:
Yahaya Bello on course of installing his successor.
Politics keeps amazing me, a not well known candidate, overshadowing Almighty contestants like the deputy governor and Sam Adeyemi .
It is well

Na wetin fit that mumu deputy, shey he was doing dirty jobs for yehaya belle, killing innocent people for him thinking yahaya will hang over to him..

D game don change now

1 Like

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by XAUBulls: 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2023
Acidosis:

Say only what you know. Taraba/Plateau has over 80% Christians. In Kogi, Christians are at least 45-50%.

Igala - 45% Christians
Ebira - 30% Christians
Okun - 80% Christians
Insightful.
Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by stickle(m): 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2023
JASONjnr:
Will Kogi state ever produce a visionary leader who will bring about the necessary changes the state needs.

The Voodoo play is one of the reason why the state is so backward.

I think late Audu did better than others in the pack but with the way Yahaya Bello is going, I think Kogi is on a long directionless drive

1 Like

Re: Ododo Defeats Adeyemi, Others To Win Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by vicdom(m): 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2023
Acidosis:

Igala - 45% Christians
Ebira - 30% Christians
Okun - 80% Christians
Yeah, you are correct! The christians are just being suppressed in Kogi. You can not name one prominent Christan in Kogi state as today. Even though they have large population.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari And Atiku Abubakar Pictured Together Laughing / Buhari Removes Ibrahim Magu As EFCC Boss / Buhari With His Media Aide, Femi Adesina, In A Lighter Mood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.