Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? (26210 Views)

Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by philexcel(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2023
EponObi:
Achraf Hakimi divorce story really touched this one grin

Just imagine Hakami used that his wife. The guy by now is a gonner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by bentenny(m): 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2023
Hmmm
Never make the mistake of telling a wife that you have enlisted her as your next of kin!
If anyone here is a fan of ID on Dstv esp 'Disappeared' or 'Perfect Crime',then you will understand why I said so!

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by jozee8: 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2023
saphiere:
Please drop your answer with reasons.

For me, I'd say his wife.
My reasons;
1. His wife takes care of his children.
2. He grows old with his wife.
3. His mum might die before him.
4. His wife is always there by him.
That's for a woman that don't have divorce intentions or another negative mindset while entering the marriage.
A wife in every sense of the word!

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by navzla(m): 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2023
1 A mum if she is a type that can drink acid for his child.
2. A wife; A type that stops at nothing to ensure that you have all the support and understanding you want.
A man is faced with a lot of life challenges which ranges from intimidation, to anxiety, depression lack of focus etc.that woman that stands to support when need arises is my next of kin.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by HomorBj(m): 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2023
vickydevoka:

Op who is your next of kin

Million dollar question, am waiting reply too

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by wizdooarchy3(m): 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2023
next of kin is one who may inherit your assets in case you leave no will in case of death, unconscious/ ailment.

so among them u know who can act in your capacity very well
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Dannysaka: 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2023
saphiere:

My reasons;
Depends on the type of wife sha. Some women are lazy ass gold diggers

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by wurnoahmad(m): 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2023
What happens when the wife dies cos dead does not put that into consideration?
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by jheaboiy(m): 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2023
None
My children will n must be my next of kin
If I no get pikin, my mom
If my mom is late,.my dad
If my dad is late n I don reach like 89 without pikin, then my wife

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by CoolAmbience(m): 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2023
greatiyk4u:
Apart from sex,
There is nothing your mother wont do more than your wife can do for us

B4 ur wife starts taking care of you are your children
Your mother had done that for years and still ready to so more

Wife and mama no fit be mate!

I agree with you totally.

Mother is supernatural. If you know you know.

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by jedisco(m): 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
nabiz:
Reading your mind it seems you don't actually understand the meaning of NEXT OF KING. Your next of King is not thr per to inherit your assets if you are no more. There is different between Will and next of king. Next of king is a person to be contact in case of emergency or who will help you do what you can not do for yourself. While will is some one you authorize to benefit your property in case of your dead. I may be wrong sha

Next of kin not king

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Draslo(m): 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2023
EponObi:
Achraf Hakimi divorce story really touched this one grin
Deeply 😆

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Allisgud: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2023
The way women I mean wives all over the world will secretly be investigating their husband property who's name is on it now no be small oh
Almost 50% billionaire women today get rich through their husbands shared properties

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by seanwilliam(m): 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
Puss360:
I so much love this question...
When I keep saying that marriage is not for everybody, people keeps condemning me...
Why will you get married to someone whom you don't trust?
Don't you know that marriage is more or less for life?
If all your life you are still searching for "the one" and you haven't seen, keep searching. Don't settle for less, because questions like this you will give the wrong answer.....
Marry your friend. Marry someone who makes you smile.

In my opinion, a Man's next of kin should be his wife in everything.
A Woman's next of kin should be her husband.
Then their properties will be inherited and shared among their children legally when they(parents) die....
Simple
you all keep shouting marry who you trust , marry who you love bla bla.
As if one will foolishly marry who he doesn’t trust or love at first.
Don’t you know that people change along the line? And this time it’s not about not doing your home work by vetting them , it’s about their own interests and decisions .

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by maasoap(m): 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2023
Odin13:
The son.. if he’s above 15..

The sister .. if the son is below 15

Brother .. of the boy is below 15

Wife .. 25 years after marriage .

Mother .. a big No.

She can’t run her family and mine.

Premium quote

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by seanwilliam(m): 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2023
Normally , it’s supposed to be the wife. But as it’s now that you cant know people’s real intentions by words of mouth , then I’ll take the risk with my mom.
Her loyalty has stood the test of time.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by SonofGod231: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2023
My precious mum to prevent fraud.It is that simple.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by LivingSage: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2023
Different strokes for different folks
Odin13:
The son.. if he’s above 15..

The sister .. if the son is below 15

Brother .. of the boy is below 15

Wife .. 25 years after marriage .

Mother .. a big No.

She can’t run her family and mine.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Truvelisback(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2023
My children first, then my wife, if only she worth it, and i can trust her. But nowadays, women can be rarely trusted.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by mechanics(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2023
Children

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by LivingSage: 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2023
Who should be wife's next of kin?
saphiere:
Whichever way.
Wives should be next of kin and also heir to their husbands' properties.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by AyakaDunukofia: 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2023
If you have a loving, dedicated, respectful and faithful wife, why not?

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by maasoap(m): 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2023
greatiyk4u:
Apart from sex,
There is nothing our mother wont do more than our wife can do for us

My own wife's role in my life to be where I'm today was more than only sex, we built our things together from the scratch, we are rising together.

B4 ur wife starts taking care of you and your children
Your mother had done that for years and still ready to do more till death

Your mother won't be around forever, there is always time to let go and build a new trust with a person.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by maasoap(m): 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2023
saphiere:

My reasons;

My wife! No argument, no debate.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Domino4: 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2023
Na my pikin I go always use not that I don't love my wife, though she Wil always b their guardian

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Benrosaria(m): 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2023
his wife or nobody cause he is earning a living for her. a mother should find her husband
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by maasoap(m): 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2023
ednut1:
Wife or children even tho most women dont make their husbands next of kin

That's a fact! Most Men use their kids as next of kin and likewise women too. No trust between couples in over 90% of marriages as far as money, properties and wealth is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by biggz82: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2023
Una sabi ask foolish question

Na him grandmama
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by bionixs: 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2023
On a very good day , the wife SHOULD be . My mum won’t even let me make her my next of kin .

She would be like ,” are you having issues with your wife or are you sick ?” She remains my Dad’s next of kin
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by komekn(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2023
saphiere:

My reasons;

If you are a Christian then the matter is settled, marriage is not a partnership but leadership by men.

Ephesians 6 :1-3
Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promisewink 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Everything you have said is ASSUMPTIVE not Conclusive, more than 50% of Marriage end up in divorce.

UN report 17% of children in Nigeria are the subject of paternity fraud. That is to say almost 1in 5 children are being Fathered by men who are not there biological Fathers, without the knowledge of the Father's.

Proverbs 21:19 KJV
It is better to dwell in the wilderness, Than with a contentious and an angry woman

If there was no alimony most marriages would not end in divorce.

The one person you can trust and rely on unto death is your Father. How many wives are willing to die for their husbands but how many men have sacrificed themselves for their children.

EOD End of discussion.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by greatiyk4u(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2023
maasoap:

My own wife's role in my life to be where I'm today was more than only sex, we built our things together from the scratch, we are rising together.

Your mother won't be around forever, there is always time to let go and build a new trust with a person.

There are people who their mothers had already built wealth for before growing up to enjoy it, there are people who joined their mothers and built businesses and career before marriage

The only exception to what your mother and family can offer you in life is sex....that's the fact.

Everyone can die

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? / Man Donates Car To Father Of Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked Out In Kaduna. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.