Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? (26274 Views)

Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2023
nabiz:
Reading your mind it seems you don't actually understand the meaning of NEXT OF KING. Your next of King is not thr per to inherit your assets if you are no more. There is different between Will and next of king. Next of king is a person to be contact in case of emergency or who will help you do what you can not do for yourself. While will is some one you authorize to benefit your property in case of your dead. I may be wrong sha
exactly... That's why even if some pple don't put their wife or kids as next of kin whenever Tim to collect severance pay reach de ll give to wife...
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by AhmedGhost(m): 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2023
nabiz:
Reading your mind it seems you don't actually understand the meaning of NEXT OF KING. Your next of King is not thr per to inherit your assets if you are no more. There is different between Will and next of king. Next of king is a person to be contact in case of emergency or who will help you do what you can not do for yourself. While will is some one you authorize to benefit your property in case of your dead. I may be wrong sha
Asin tell them abeg🤲
We are our problems. Imagine next of kin don turn will😹😹
Baba as far as my MAMA dey alive. Na my NOK .
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by lizko(m): 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2023
I pitty Mikel obi with that his Russian beb..I just hope he has heavy investments in Nigeria.
SunMusk:
In traditional, and biblical sense, I don't think ur wife is your heir or next of kin. Is ur son or a family member but that doesn't mean you will not give your wife anything when divorce happens. I think hakim wife is over greed, too greed. Why asking for more than half of someone property which you have not worked for and a marriage of just two years.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Lanre1st(m): 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2023
To me it depends on their soundness and quality of their decision. Some wife or mother are graduate that you think they will think rationally but alas! They only care about bring money let spend, let buy cars, clothes, let party without advice on how to invest or sustain your source of wealth.
I can only use the one with good and sound decision making as my next of KIN. It is not about mother/wife/children/brother

To be sincere I always use my mum before I married but since I got married I started use my wife for any documents she might aware of, or some that I know she will be the Beneficiary. If woman get to know you are using your mother as Next of KIN na Hell
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Exceed15: 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2023
otuomasirichi:
😎

His wife for sure 💯

Any man that makes this mistake is gone forever
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Lemmyler(m): 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2023
Next of kin is someone that can make some decisions for you when you are not around. So making someone your next of kin does not imply that the person will take some or all your properties. It is a beneficiary that has that right to take some or all your properties.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by greatiyk4u(m): 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2023
typicaltemi:

That's someone else's wife too...better still why not marry a woman you trust and loves you..the problem with you guys now is boobs and ikebe na only ladies with those things you see as good wife material, and that is why u end up with a bad wives..

No matter how you
Relate
Love
Care
Trust
Understand your wife she can't be like your mother
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by SunMusk(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2023
Thy re not married yet but I believe he knows about pre nuptial
lizko:
I pitty Mikel obi with that his Russian beb..I just hope he has heavy investments in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by achimendy(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2023
saphiere:
Please drop your answer with reasons.

For me, I'd say his wife.
My reasons;
1. His wife takes care of his children.
2. He grows old with his wife.
3. His mum might die before him.
4. His wife is always there by him.

How many faithful wives is doing all that you mentioned up there with pure love, and without material gain??

That's the question you should be asking, we all know your wife and children ideally suppose to be your next of kin, but when a man didn't put his wife's name, then the man has sensed danger.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by chymeze: 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2023
It's straight forward na. The next of kin should be his child, ideally his son. I wouldn't subscribe to making his wife the next of kin. The reason is simple. If he dies, she inherits everything and might end up marrying another guy who would inherit the property of your wife, thereby reaping where he didn't sow. Infact your wife and her new husband might end up not giving your own children any of the property. Moreover, your wife isn't your blood, and many women can be deceitful. So your child ideally should be your next of kin. If they're not up to age, then you can delegate a trusted family member to handle the estate until they come of age. If you have enough wealth, you can still leave a little inheritance for your wife
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by emmaodet: 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2023
Puss360:
I so much love this question...
When I keep saying that marriage is not for everybody, people keeps condemning me...
Why will you get married to someone whom you don't trust?
Don't you know that marriage is more or less for life?

If all your life you are still searching for "the one" and you haven't seen, keep searching. Don't settle for less, because questions like this you will give the wrong answer.....
Marry your friend. Marry someone who makes you smile.

In my opinion, a Man's next of kin should be his wife in everything.
A Woman's next of kin should be her husband.
Then their properties will be inherited and shared among their children legally when they(parents) die....
Simple

At the bolded..........i think we should ask Hakimi's wife why she married who she didn't trust? because she wanted to elope with billions of naira for just mere rape allegation of her husband. She couldn't even stay behind him when he needed her most.
If marriage is more or less for life, how come she served the man a divorce notice just 3 years into the marriage. Just 3 yes oooo. So much for life.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by ukaface(f): 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
Because Hakimi use him mama now, mama don enter inside next of kin. Wahala
There’s hierarchy of next of kin

So if anything happen now, and your next of kin is needed shey na your mama wey Dey another city/ village you go Dey call instead of your wife wey Dey right beside you?

Hakimi do Una wan do, better use sense
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Encyclopedia1: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
Wife but when it involves sense, mum.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by habsydiamond(m): 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2023
Pinkyposh:

Very simple, God bless you.
It depends on the kind of wife a man married.
And also on the type of mother one has
that's true.. as we have good mothers so also we have the bad ones..

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Juniorangel(m): 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2023
My next of kin is my sister.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Zenithphil8368: 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2023
Mkelv0106:
No insult, but who is your father next of kin, is it his wife or his mother?
Some wife are good some are devil incarnate, if your wife is the former, you life will be a blessing, if it's the later, then you feel as if you're the most unlucky man on health.
If you don't trust your wife to be your next of kin, use your child.
I have seen a woman killed her husband upon realising that the son was the next of kin & left with the kids to flex the wealth with another man. Fear the Luciferian therapists
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Farfalla(f): 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2023
ednut1:
Wife or children even tho most women dont make their husbands next of kin

So this is no longer a secret? grin

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Silentgroper(m): 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ladymillion:
Don't cry foul when your wife uses her Dad as her Next of kin, inugo?

Wetin wife dey get...
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Clairvoyancy: 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2023
maasoap:

This kind of prayer gets k-legs. Instead of praying for a healthy, smart and intelligent kid being a male or female. Many first sons have murdered their fathers because of properties they wanted to inherit. grin grin grin

Tho having a good child is by God's grace, but upbringing also matters. A son that murders his father mostly is as a result of poor upbringing.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by ednut1(m): 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2023
Farfalla:

So this is no longer a secret? grin

this post went viral like 3 years ago. I also worked in a investment company some years ago. None of the women I opened accounts for used their husband as next of kin too

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by jaxxy(m): 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2023
GoodLord95:
His wife because that is his immediate family

have u heard of paternity fraud? Some wives are not wives 5hey are frauds so it depends on who ur wife really Is.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by seglabsy(m): 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2023
saphiere:
Why marry her if you see her as greedy?
wow oti binu,sorry dear
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Ashley86400: 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2023
greenermodels:
Let's ask Ashraf Hakimi who saved him and who sought to destroy him after just three years of marriage.
Achraf Hakimi destroyed his own marriage by cheating on his wife several women. And raping another woman.
His wife decided to leave because it was getting too messy.
Make una read the story well and don’t just focus on his wife leaving. E get reason why she no wan do again.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by obynokoko: 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2023
saphiere:
Whichever way.
Wives should be next of kin and also heir to their husbands' properties.

And vise versa
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by Franking: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2023
It should normally be the wife but marriage these days get as e be.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by obynokoko: 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2023
saphiere:
Her first daughter.
It has been proven that daughters remember and care for their parents at old age than sons.

Who has proven it,you are bias.if anything happens to the parents,the sons are the first to be contacted then the situation becomes unbearable then you involve the daughter's.females are generally stingy.they will refuse to spend the money.fact checks:who builds mansion for parents -male child,who buys cars for parents - male child,who foot parents medical bills -male child though the reverse could be the case if the male children are poor
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by greenermodels: 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ashley86400:

Achraf Hakimi destroyed his own marriage by cheating on his wife several women. And raping another woman.
His wife decided to leave because it was getting too messy.
Make una read the story well and don’t just focus on his wife leaving. E get reason why she no wan do again.
he has been cleared of the rape charge, secondly, would his wife accept to give him 50% of her life belongings if he caught her cheating? ( she's the wealthiest Spanish actress). Everybody should go with what they made in the event of a divorce kpom kwem.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by chypotenti(m): 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2023
saphiere:
Please drop your answer with reasons.

For me, I'd say his wife.
My reasons;
1. His wife takes care of his children.
2. He grows old with his wife.
3. His mum might die before him.
4. His wife is always there by him.
none...the Kids instead
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by cryptoyardtop: 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2023
Who ever said his mum was the next of kin?
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by kingthreat(m): 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2023
If you marry a good wife, this will definitely not be the problem.
Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by LoudlyMouthed: 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2023
Strafudeen:
The Hakimi Stunt
grin

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife? by justmondris: 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2023
Your wife if you have a good wife. If you don’t, use ur children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obituary Of A Man & His Mother Buried Same Day In Nsukka, Enugu (Photo) / The World's Largest Family Of 181 Members: / Pastor Dad Bonds With Daughter's Son Had Outside Wedlock After Criticizing Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.