Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? (17316 Views)

Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 8:10pm On May 19, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Children can't be your next of kin. It's only a child out of many you have. And if anything happens to you what becomes of other children you have?

Property next ok kin is different from monetary next of kin
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 8:12pm On May 19, 2023
seanery:
That is if u are hardworking.
Not all these liabilities wey full everywhere today.

I am a super mum who fits into a man's shoe, it wasn't easy but God made it easier for me
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 8:16pm On May 19, 2023
vickydevoka:

I love this. But why are ladies now fighting hakimi? This gender self the confuse me like dy/dx

The way we were brought up in our own time is different from this generation of 1990/2000

They are a different set of generation

Majority of them doesn't wasn't to struggle or support spouse, they believe it's going to be a rocket science but by the time they realizes that it's not what they think
So many water must have passed under the Bridge

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 8:17pm On May 19, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Gbam 😆

Lol 😂,
Don't mind that guy, he made me to release the other side of me

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 8:20pm On May 19, 2023
Light777:
Both of you need some schooling..lol

Husband and wife should make each other next of kin

You won't understand untill you are married and have kids

That they are the next of kin doesn't mean they are in possession of any documents

Their power and authority starts where we stop

Look at Queen of England, Charles was next to the throne but never reigned untill his mother passed on
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Fidecoo(m): 8:29pm On May 19, 2023
RevolverOcelot:

My wife can put her father for all I care. Normally most women do use their first child or eldest sibling. Very few use their husbands.

I swear, if my wife's tries and put any other person apart FROM ME without my permission or both of us discussing ,then that is the end of that marriage.

Because there is an issue of trust here.
And trust marriage is one of my most top priority.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by sonofthunder: 8:31pm On May 19, 2023
thatigboman:
NOK doesn't inherit shishi if one dies interstate (without a will)

Definition doesn't state that they inherit, but that they help to determine.... I think in some cases one cannot access someone's back accounts without the next of kin if they've passed on. Or at least it's more difficult.

I think my wordings are awkward.... Sorry about that.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by sonofthunder: 8:33pm On May 19, 2023
frozen70:

You won't understand untill you are married and have kids

That they are the next of kin doesn't mean they are in possession of any documents

Their power and authority starts where we stop

Look at Queen of England, Charles was next to the throne but never reigned untill his mother passed on

This argument is very shallow. If that's the case, then why is it so difficult making the husband NOK?
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 8:35pm On May 19, 2023
sonofthunder:

This argument is very shallow. If that's the case, then why is it so difficult making the husband NOK?

Wait till you marry then direct your wife to make you her next of kin

No big deal

We are ok with what we choose
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by sonofthunder: 9:39pm On May 19, 2023
frozen70:

Wait till you marry then direct your wife to make you her next of kin

No big deal

We are ok with what we choose

Lol... "We"

This proves the argument that women love men intrinsically for the value they offer, only men love women for real.... And women's love is always direct to herself, children and former family..... The man who provides and cares for her is usually a distant last.

I guess it's really a man's world.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by achimendy(m): 10:40pm On May 19, 2023
Rayban25:

Samantha our SA baby
How are you doing

Hmmm, hope is not what I think?
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Obinrin007: 1:09am On May 20, 2023
Its my daughter and then my immediate younger sister
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by yusufmurry: 1:33am On May 20, 2023
For clarity, I am sure @op that you know that NoK does not inherit the money or wealth. It's just someone to contact n emergency.

If okay, then confirm if you would want to recoil your title
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by yusufmurry: 1:36am On May 20, 2023
For clarity, I am sure @op that you know that NoK does not inherit the money or wealth. It's just someone to contact n emergency.

If okay, then confirm if you would want to recoin your title
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by kaymart: 2:47am On May 20, 2023
Samantha124:
That's kinda of difficult question to answer and I think it also depends on the nature of the relationship between the couple.. Whether you got married because of love and trust, or you got married because you get to benefit something from each other.

I remember there was a time I found my brother in law's life insurance papers in my parents house while I was doing some spring cleaning.. I think him or my sister forgot them there or maybe it was just a copy that they no longer needed.

As I read the papers, I found out that he also put his mother as the beneficiary, I got curious, so I called my sister and asked her about it... She sounded very much okay with it and since she was okay with it, I decided to mind my business.

As for who should be the woman's next of kin, I think it should be someone that she trusts too, it could be anyone.
They knew of the devil.
Thankfully the bond/love they shared was way stronger than the force of the devilish home wrecker. Kudos to your sister for being intelligent to identify a Jezebel immediately she spotted one
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by DrDunamis(m): 5:37am On May 20, 2023
LivingSage:
The thread asking who should be next of kin to a man graced FP and I think to balance the equation, there's reason for this as well.

This is pretty obvious na, husband should be next of kin till first baby is born. Similarly, wife should be next of kin until first baby then you might decide to change it or not.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Aguiyimba(m): 5:57am On May 20, 2023
Ferdinandu:
Comfortable Men naturally see themselves as providers so most hardly cares who their wives put as Next of kin unlike women who are always tied to their husbands wealth. The exception to these rules are mostly poor men who are reliant or partially reliant on their wives

Not rich or poor but it's an individual thing
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 6:55am On May 20, 2023
sonofthunder:

Lol... "We"

This proves the argument that women love men intrinsically for the value they offer, only men love women for real.... And women's love is always direct to herself, children and former family..... The man who provides and cares for her is usually a distant last.

I guess it's really a man's world.

Women are made for men's pleasure
So a man will have to love a woman for real

Children are made for mothers/women, that's why they can't compromise their children for anything

As for family is a married woman is expected to carry her father's family and her husband's family along with her

At the end both mother and children still belongs to the man
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 7:03am On May 20, 2023
Nigerians with tendency of turning almost every conversation into a religious or superstitious talk, and making the conversation uninteresting anymore.🤦🤦🤦

Anyway, okay.

kaymart:

They knew of the devil.
Thankfully the bond/love they shared was way stronger than the force of the devilish home wrecker. Kudos to your sister for being intelligent to identify a Jezebel immediately she spotted one
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by omooba74(m): 7:20am On May 20, 2023
A virtuous lady,I like that,you will definitely be a good wife...
randymirrors:
I can't marry a man I can't trust with my money or finances. So naturally, my husband will be my next of kin and I don't think this should be a question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by doggedfighter(f): 7:21am On May 20, 2023
frozen70:

You are the one that is pained for the fact that you will be hated by your wife

As your mum hate your dad, it runs in your family

Deal with it

Never seen this brutal side of you. grin grin grin

You came blazing.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by pocohantas(f): 7:29am On May 20, 2023
sonofthunder:

Definition doesn't state that they inherit, but that they help to determine.... I think in some cases one cannot access someone's back accounts without the next of kin if they've passed on. Or at least it's more difficult.

I think my wordings are awkward.... Sorry about that.

You don't need the NOK to access anyone's bank account in Nigeria. That I am very sure of.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Godsongang: 7:47am On May 20, 2023
She can put whoever she likes for all I care...
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by kaymart: 7:54am On May 20, 2023
Samantha124:
Nigerians with tendency of turning almost every conversation into a religious or superstitious talk, and making the conversation uninteresting anymore.🤦🤦🤦

Anyway, okay.

There's nothing religious and superstition here.
Did I mention anything spiritual?
Your attitude depicts that of a trouble maker and you weren't successful....
Probably, u aren't even aware of your toxic traits
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by mclloyd22: 8:14am On May 20, 2023
I don’t know if it’s tradition but where I come from, the last male child is the next of kin to the mom
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 8:38am On May 20, 2023
doggedfighter:

Never seen this brutal side of you. grin grin grin

You came blazing.

Some one requested for it so I served it hot and since then he went cold

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 8:59am On May 20, 2023
achimendy:

Hmmm, hope is not what I think?

If you like let it be what you think I dey hold you?
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by sonofthunder: 9:13am On May 20, 2023
pocohantas:

You don't need the NOK to access anyone's bank account in Nigeria. That I am very sure of.

I'm speaking from the reality of various people's experiences. It's not necessarily the NOK that's receiving the money or what ever should go to the family. That's why adults should just have a will once they start gathering some few assets/resources.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by sonofthunder: 9:21am On May 20, 2023
frozen70:

Women are made for men's pleasure
So a man will have to love a woman for real

Children are made for mothers/women, that's why they can't compromise their children for anything

As for family is a married woman is expected to carry her father's family and her husband's family along with her

At the end both mother and children still belongs to the man

No ma'am, women aren't made for men's pleasure.... Unless you are talking about woke fornicating members of the population. Look around you, what proportion of men still find pleasures in their wife's? How many women live for the pleasure of their husbands?

You are also wrong @ second paragraph. Women generally manipulate and "buy over" the children and in some cases turn them against their father's out of selfishness.

A man and a woman are to come together in agreement to start their own family/culture/way of life. They may choose to carry on some things from their original families. The man is also very well expected to carry his wife's family as he would his own unless selfishness is creeping up in him.

So you still don't think the man should "belong" to the woman?
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by pocohantas(f): 9:30am On May 20, 2023
sonofthunder:

I'm speaking from the reality of various people's experiences. It's not necessarily the NOK that's receiving the money or what ever should go to the family. That's why adults should just have a will once they start gathering some few assets/resources.

No bank asked various people to bring an NOK to access the funds. Banks know that Nigerians write nonsense there. The court determines the BENEFICIARY and every bank would tell you to head to the PROBATE registry of a court.

A WILL makes the process seamless, but irrespective of how one dies (testate or intestate), the line of beneficiaries is easily determined for a single individial or a married (monogamous) person. It is only greed or entitlement that makes most families think they can usurp the spouse (most times wife).

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by frozen70(f): 9:37am On May 20, 2023
sonofthunder:

No ma'am, women aren't made for men's pleasure.... Unless you are talking about woke fornicating members of the population. Look around you, what proportion of men still find pleasures in their wife's? How many women live for the pleasure of their husbands?

You are also wrong @ second paragraph. Women generally manipulate and "buy over" the children and in some cases turn them against their father's out of selfishness.

A man and a woman are to come together in agreement to start their own family/culture/way of life. They may choose to carry on some things from their original families. The man is also very well expected to carry his wife's family as he would his own unless selfishness is creeping up in him.

So you still don't think the man should "belong" to the woman?

I think you have a different mindset about marriage and women

So at this point no need for more talk about it, because it will not change your perception

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? / How Do You Control A Rebellious Teenager? / Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.