Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? (17322 Views)

Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise / The Meaning Of "Next Of Kin" / What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:00am On May 19, 2023
It has no value since legal does not act on it.

When you need the nok, it is then legal will tell you to go and pay and get the permission of a Judge, in the name of another legal paper called probate or letter of administration for you to take what is already yours under Law.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:11am On May 19, 2023
Nickisindigo:
Their is difference between next of kin and the heir to your wealth

Your next of kin might not necessarily inherited your wealth

Nok is supposed to inherit whatever is there but legal just used it deceive people that they are respecting people's natural right, whereas, they have used it bring people into unlawful submission and control (Rule).

Probates/letters of administration are just frauds used for exercising control over a people and to place the unlawful rulers in a position to steal people's properties just as Polaris bank has done to the man who they claimed that they got a report that he was dead even though he is alive and has even physically reported to the bank. Yet they have not given him back his money.

Do you see the daylight robbery?
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Pootle: 1:56pm On May 19, 2023
next of kin should be anyone that can be available at any giving emergency

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Flick490(m): 3:12pm On May 19, 2023
Her Hubby of course
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by 00FFT00(m): 3:13pm On May 19, 2023
LivingSage:
The thread asking who should be next of kin to a man graced FP and I think to balance the equation, there's reason for this as well.

Her husband.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by onlyboyson(m): 3:13pm On May 19, 2023
next of kin should be his son or any of her child

but remember after queen Elizabeth the next of kin sold 11 horses in auction belonging to the royal family grin
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Flier: 3:14pm On May 19, 2023
You have no business being married if your husband can not be your next of kin

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Kobicove(m): 3:14pm On May 19, 2023
flokii:
Women should stop making noise over next of kin when they themselves do worse.. instead of making their husbands their next of kin, they'd rather use their father or younger sibling so that if anything happens to them, those ones would be able to claim everything.

If you can't make your husband your next of kin, then don't expect him to make you his own next of kin.. he has family members too.

Well said!
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by pocohantas(f): 3:14pm On May 19, 2023
Her husband.
Though a beneficiary would be established which should also be her husband all things being equal.

Most men do not pokenose or worry their heads about the woman's NOK. They might care, but they don't make it an everyday topic like women do.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Jackipapa: 3:15pm On May 19, 2023
I'm less concerned. She put our son's name as her next of kin anyways which I think is fair enough for us both.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Angelfrost(m): 3:16pm On May 19, 2023
Her next of kin should be anyone closest to her... Someone she trusts deeply and that will be worthy of that trust!

If it's her husband, good... If not, let her pick the best person!

It's really not that big a deal!

Same goes for the husband too!
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Light777(f): 3:18pm On May 19, 2023
frozen70:

He actually uses his children as next of kin and I supported it

So we are ok using our children as next of kin
Both of you need some schooling..lol

Husband and wife should make each other next of kin

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 19, 2023
blacksam01:

u were sefish with ur thought....thinking break up from the beginning...

all those are excuses sha..what i know is that Naija wifes all hate their husbands
that wasnt selfish she"s been realistic people like her hardly fails

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Weathered: 3:18pm On May 19, 2023
LivingSage:
The thread asking who should be next of kin to a man graced FP and I think to balance the equation, there's reason for this as well.
before opening this thread, I suspect the OP would be a woman.

The fact that you ask this question should be a warning sign for no man with a functional brain to ever consider you worthy or deserving of marriage and loyalty.

Snakes!!!
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Babyboyforeal(m): 3:18pm On May 19, 2023
Her kids or husband
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Lanre1st(m): 3:19pm On May 19, 2023
On normal circumstances, Next of kin should be anybody you know that capable of making good decisions on your behalf. But our society as term it to be your spouses or eldest child.

The day I told a friend I’m using my mom as my next of kin, he said it’s not good that supposed to be my younger once, especially my wife.

But we should note that next of kin is different from heirs who will inherit you
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by jaxxy(m): 3:20pm On May 19, 2023
LivingSage:

Children or husband( only if trustworthy and responsibile) or caretaker trustfund.

NB: A next of kin must be trustworthy and responsible no matter who it is.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:20pm On May 19, 2023
frozen70:

I never knew that your mum hate her husband

And it's possible your wife will hate you when you marry
Gbam 😆
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by GoodIsGod: 3:23pm On May 19, 2023
The king of her village now.
Most next of king are village kings
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by ItisWell22(f): 3:24pm On May 19, 2023
Ferdinandu:
Comfortable Men naturally see themselves as providers so most hardly cares who their wives put as Next of kin unlike women who are always tied to their husbands wealth. The exception to these rules are mostly poor men who are reliant or partially reliant on their wives

💯

Even poor men who have their “pride”, don’t bother about their wife’s NOK.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Coronavirus1: 3:25pm On May 19, 2023
The husband should be the next of kin
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by BrotherFolake: 3:25pm On May 19, 2023
😎

If only Men could be like me.

But they can't, because I'm one in a Million

4 Likes

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by vickydevoka(m): 3:28pm On May 19, 2023
flokii:
Women should stop making noise over next of kin when they themselves do worse.. instead of making their husbands their next of kin, they'd rather use their father or younger sibling so that if anything happens to them, those ones would be able to claim everything.

If you can't make your husband your next of kin, then don't expect him to make you his own next of kin.. he has family members too.
Most women are wired to be selfish, they only think about themselves

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by TheBillyonaire: 3:28pm On May 19, 2023
That decision is subjective and personal decision.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Tallesty1(m): 3:29pm On May 19, 2023
For a gender that wants their name to be on all their husband's documents, it may surprise you to know that 99% of Nigerian women have their child, sibling, or even parent listed as their next of kin. This may be due to the belief or hope that the man will pass away first or simply because they consider their money to be entirely their own or maybe because they have no idea how useless the next kin ish is.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by vickydevoka(m): 3:30pm On May 19, 2023
frozen70:

Honestly in my own case, my children are my next of kin

My husband can decide to pregnant another woman and marry her

Or he may decide to marry another woman

So my properties maybe claimed by such woman thinking it's the man's property

So once my children are my next of kin, so far am still alive it belongs to me and my husband

But if am not there it belongs to them all, at least they will have something from their mother
I love this. But why are ladies now fighting hakimi? This gender self the confuse me like dy/dx
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by StreetMedia: 3:30pm On May 19, 2023
LivingSage:
My stand wont alter your choice as you've already chosen.
Mother.
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by yinkeys(m): 3:30pm On May 19, 2023
Gender Wars grin
Re: Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? by Socratiz: 3:33pm On May 19, 2023
There's a lot of misunderstanding of the meaning of next of kin in a document.

Your next if kin means the first person to be contacted in case of emergency. It does not mean the person to collect your gratuity if you die.

It's advisable to have a will. That's where you spell out those to inherit your property and share your wealth. Your will does not have to include the person you wrote as your next of kin.

A will is carries more weight as to how your wealth will be shared after your demise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? / Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families? / How Do You Control A Rebellious Teenager?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.