Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,619 members, 7,827,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? (25517 Views)

I Feel So Bad That My Wife Didn't Tell Me She Is Pregnant / Christmas Package A Mother-In-Law Gifted To Her Daughter-In-Law (Photos) / Nigerian Mother Caught Her Daughter In A Hotel Room & Disgraced Her (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2023
shaybebaby:

Tell them if they ain't buying the things they prefer her to wear for her, they can shut the f up.

But on a lighter note, that baby up there is a cutie 😍

This is how little girls grow up to be airheads like you..OP knows his financial capacity yet he birthed 4 children with 5th on the way and you're okay with him raising a girl child like that? I just hope that baby will never grow up to have your type of brain

7 Likes

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by sharone21(f): 2:57pm On Apr 16, 2023
Your child can wear her brother's clothes, it doesn't matter.

Come ooo, u can't afford kid's clothes, and u get 4 kids already? I don't understand why poor men will be competing with rich folks on the number of kids they will have...

If u can't afford kid's clothes, is it school fees u will afford?

I sure say even after each birth, u may not even properly nurse your wife to full health before mounting on her again... Some things are legal basis for divorce especially when the woman has tolerated enough.... Why take someone from her parents only to suffer them- constant sex, constant cooking , constant care for so called family and little care for herself.... Women sacrifices their l8fe that is why it is good to marry a HUSBAND.

How person go marry still be like widow?

Bro go for counselling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by Mindlog: 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2023
shaybebaby:

Tell them if they ain't buying the things they prefer her to wear for her, they can shut the f up.

But on a lighter note, that baby up there is a cutie 😍

It seems you have no idea of who the OP is, his wife is currently 4 months pregnant with their fifth child, when they are still struggling to cater for the four they already have.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by shaybebaby(f): 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2023
Rayban25:

This is how little girls grow up to be airheads like you..OP knows his financial capacity yet he birthed 4 children with 5th on the way and you're okay with him raising a girl child like that? I just hope that baby will never grow up to have your type of brain
Gboromiro! He is raising the kids in the way he is capable and hasn't asked for anyone to pay for their clothing.

Anyone that feels a gorgeous baby girl MUST wear girlie clothes knows where the shops are. Put your money where your mouth is. He ain't complaining, the complainers should pay up or shut up.. including you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by royalfly(m): 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2023
Probz:
Clothes have literally no gender, and there was a time when pink was considered masculine and blue feminine. Do whatever you want, OP.

God go bless you o.. this woke people ehh. Gosh I child who is yet to even have clothes preference. See tomboy dies not start with clothes per say. Please at least do little research b4 u all run here showing woke woke without base. In short the world is different now. Where are the minds I used to know everything is one kind.
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by Mindlog: 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2023
sharone21:

Come ooo, u can't afford kid's clothes, and u get 4 kids already? I don't understand why poor men will be competing with rich folks on the number of kids they will have...

I sure say even after each birth, u may not even properly nurse your wife to full health before mounting on her again... Some things are legal basis for divorce especially when the woman has tolerated enough.... Why take someone from her parents only to suffer them- constant sex, constant cooking , constant care for so called family and little care for herself.... Women sacrifices their l8fe that is why it is good to marry a HUSBAND.

Bro go for counselling.

Too late for counselling......the wife is presently four months pregnant.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by twilliamx(m): 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2023
Obavoh:
Out of my 4 children, it is only the first born I buy clothes for and he passes it down to his younger ones once he outgrows them.

It saves me a lot of money s children clothes are expensive.

I bought few girl clothes for my only daughter but most times she wears her brothers clothes.

A lot of people say it is very bad and it will make her a tomboy. Please is this true?

I understand your predicament but please make sure you buy are enough girly clothes, she can wear the hand me downs to play at home but when she is going out let her dress like what God made her. A cute baby girl.
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by shaybebaby(f): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2023
Mindlog:

It seems you have no idea of who the OP is, his wife is currently 4 months pregnant with their fifth child, when they are still struggling to cater for the four they already have.
Let's stick to his op for now.

And if his Mrs is pregnant with the fifth and he complains, then I'd share my opinion on that. But for now, that is not the issue he tabled so not my place to comment on that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by royalfly(m): 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2023
sharone21:

Bro go for counselling.

How old are you please? Give me an idea if u can't be exact. As in ehh
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by drimzsmoke(m): 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2023
Obavoh:
Out of my 4 children, it is only the first born I buy clothes for and he passes it down to his younger ones once he outgrows them.

I bought few girl clothes for my only daughter but most times she wears her brothers clothes.

A lot of people say it is very bad and it will make her a tomboy. Please is this true?

It's the lack of breasts when her mates already have breasts that will make her to become a tomboy....trust me,if guys are bombarding her with love letters in JSS 1,she can NEVER be a tomboy....check tomboys very well,most of them have late development of female features,and because their mate who already have breast are talking about boys most times which makes them depressed,they tend to become friends with the male folks.Same principle applies to majority of the girls who study/studied Medicine!!!
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by luminouz(m): 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2023
dobnina:

The funniest thing is that his wife is pregnant again with their fifth child.
And how is that your business?

Did he beg you to feed his family?
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by DARLINGTON869(m): 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
OP, I would have insulted you mercilessly but because I don't know you and neither do you know me, I will try to be civil. Why are you looking for unnecessary problem for your child where there's none. God blessed you with a child that is straight and feminine in nature and acts, but your brain is pushing you to alter that natural setup that she has from birth. Is it that female clothes are more expensive or are you just trying to be experiMENTAL
BETTER DON'T START SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T LATER UNDO BECAUSE CHILDREN LEARN FASTER BY OBSERVATION.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by brainhgeek(m): 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
Oga/madam, we know that the country is hard but try to buy new clothes for the remaining 3 too. They are not second-hand children. They deserve new things too. Don't create a feeling of neglect and unworthiness in them at a young age. You can rotate the purchase of clothes between them. On a final note, stop your daughter from wearing her brother's wears. Don't create identity crisis in her

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 16, 2023
shaybebaby:

Gboromiro! He is raising the kids in the way he is capable and hasn't asked for anyone to pay for their clothing.

Anyone that feels a gorgeous baby girl MUST wear girlie clothes knows where the shops are. Put your money where your mouth is. He ain't complaining, the complainers should pay up or shut up.. including you.

Where in his statement did he ask anyone to pay for him that you keep on mentioning it olodo? He asked for advice on how to raise a girl..and I'm concerned even more that a fellow female keeps making that statement @bolded because it shows you'll be a bad mother

Dont be surprised If your female child tells you that she feels trans, raise her like the OP and see.

By bye
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by brainhgeek(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
OP, I would have insulted you mercilessly but because I don't know you and neither do you know me, I will try to be civil. Why are you looking for unnecessary problem for your child where there's none. God blessed you with a child that is straight and feminine in nature and acts, but your brain is pushing you to alter that natural setup that she has from birth. Is it that female clothes are more expensive or are you just trying to be experiMENTAL
BETTER DON'T START SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T LATER UNDO BECAUSE CHILDREN LEARN FASTER BY OBSERVATION.

Amen somebody? grin
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by bentenny(m): 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2023
Obavoh:

Very True!
They are absolutely right!
At this stage,She must start differentiating between a male and female wears!
If not.......hmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by shaybebaby(f): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
Rayban25:

Where in his statement did he ask anyone to pay for him that you keep on mentioning it olodo? He asked for advice on how to raise a girl..and I'm concerned even more that a fellow female keeps making that statement @bolded because it shows you'll be a bad mother

Dont be surprised If your female child tells you that she feels trans, raise her like the OP and see.

By bye
Now we know that you were/ are a dimwit. The op asked if it is true wearing boys clothing will make girl a tomboy, your dumbass says thats him asking for advice on how to raise a daughter.

I reiterate, those who feel it'll make the bubba a tomboy are welcome to kit her out in "appropriate" clothes.

If the shoes fits, wear it.
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by twind111(f): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
Obavoh:

To all those critizing the op ., the daughter she is talking about is still a baby, nothing bad in wearing boys clothes for baby girls there is no much difference in baby clothes, but wearing girls clothes for baby boys is wrong gown and skirt... but shirt and shorts are mostly unisex, most children born in the ghetto Even put on ordinary pant when playing outside regardless of gender.many of us here even put on oversized male shirt as a female child But I will advise the op to stop when she get a little older like 5years upward. Don't let them criticize you with there own standard. Babies clothes are mostly unisex except the gown, skirt and others,for those saying tomboy, there is a difference between a baby and an adult.
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by dobnina(f): 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2023
luminouz:

And how is that your business?

Did he beg you to feed his family?

Amebo
Did I tag you or did I mention you.
Who did I beat, who is crying?
Even the OP did not talk, it's now you that is opening your mouth.
You have gotten your 2 mins of Fame, now run along.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by Seductress4(f): 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2023
😂
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by luminouz(m): 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
dobnina:

Amebo
Did I tag you or did I mention you.
Who did I beat, who is crying?
Even the OP did not talk, it's now you that is opening your mouth.
You have gotten your 2 mins of Fame, now run along.
Did you go to church today?

Sinner!!!
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by bluefilm: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
Obavoh:

Nothing really serious to worry about there.

The worst that can happen is that your baby grows up a transgender.
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by Gerard28: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2023
Obavoh:

Please stop that. The sooner the better.
A lot is going on in our world today.

That's how one woman where I worship leaves her son's hair to grow in a Feminine way.
A little boy of about 9 to 10. Today sef he packed the hair backwards like a girl and even wore a pink shirt.
Infact the first day I saw the boy I was confused about his gender.

Let's be guided Please.
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by maasoap(m): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2023
Darnell9:
U no get money yet u no go control your gbola na to born pikin everywhere

To me, I think he just doesn't want the clothes to go to waste
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2023
IamdbuII:
Dbull on this one!!!

Please send a dm to my new clothing company @maldives_island_collections on Instagram and my company can get you some clothes. Its part of my doings as a public figure
Wow... thank God u have finally seen and followed the light cheesy
I hope ur not capping as usual tho undecided
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by LordReed(m): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2023
Obavoh:

No, it's not true. My daughters wear trousers 99% of the time but they are not even remotely tomboys. Her brothers influence is more likely to turn her tomboy rather then the clothes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by Malory: 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2023
dobnina:

The funniest thing is that his wife is pregnant again with their fifth child.
So you people believes this attention seeker with all his fairy tales? Nawa for some people o.
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2023
Wen your daughter go begin behave like tomboy....no blame village people oo!
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by chingydaboss(m): 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2023
Yes it’s bad. According to the Bible, A man shall not put on that which partaineth to a woman neither shall a woman put on that which partains to a man, all that do that are an abomination unto God..

Man or woman, Boy or Girl
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by Dickson178(m): 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
garriAndsugar:
It's bad, unless it's a female son
Abeg I no understand by "if it's a female son"
Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2023
Obavoh:

Some of u parents I don't seem to understand if u even know what ur doing She is a girl and deserves girly things and as she grows she will interact with other girls her age and wouldn't have to feel and look oddly out of place which might attract bullies and thereby affect her self-esteem which is very important at that tender stage. Pls stop it now. When the repercussions come up u will be blaming the innocent girl and forget it's an accumulation of all ur previous useless decisions and actions.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? by efficiencie(m): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2023
Obavoh:

If the picture you uploaded is that of your daughter then you are an irresponsible parent oh. You can ask your question without posting a picture. Dress your baby appropriately. Understand that whatever you do now will become a foundation for that child tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house / My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" / Missing Man In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.