Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” (40838 Views)

Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Alleged Plot To Intimidate Voters With Oro Festival / Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Pays Visit To The Ooni Of Ife / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by Kingzeez10: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2023
Revolution2022:
Go to court!No be tinubu secretly fly go bribe supreme Court chief judge for UK to tamper with with tribunal
case?
Una no just get sense from that side

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by Kingzeez10: 8:19am On Apr 17, 2023
Godjone:
una win yet MC oulumoh don increase task for una head to 13k per day. Una days of wailing dey front dey wait una
Lol. Probably you and your fellow wailers are the ones paying the 13k.
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by Kingzeez10: 8:21am On Apr 17, 2023
Godjone:
because of a drug Lord you even sacrifice a true Lagosians who is a Yoruba man. Kai naija youths sorry Yoruba youths. It's a pity
Sanwo is doing fine and even your Almighty Saint Obi can't lace Sanwo's shoes in term of achievements.

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by Mrkcee(m): 9:38am On Apr 17, 2023
Revolution2022:
All this Cotonou people claiming to be Lagos indigenes.
😂😂🤣
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by XAUBulls: 9:54am On Apr 17, 2023
Creeper:

Sorry for the late reply - I was watching NBA playoffs.

Yes, I'm pretty sure they know where they're from hence the family has a contract with Delta State government to build a mega city in Asaba. I guess they know their lineage is in Asaba or one of the core Igbo states.

I can't find copies of Sundiata's book online but I'll quote Enrique Martino who referenced his book in his journal and book. When you read, "Touts and Despots: Recruiting Assemblages of Contract Labour in Fernando Pó and the Gulf of Guinea, 1858–1979" (https://www.academia.edu/34998592/Touts_and_Despots_Recruiting_Assemblages_of_Contract_Labour_in_Fernando_Po_and_the_Gulf_of_Guinea_1858_1979_PhD_Humboldt_University_of_Berlin_2016) by Enrique Martino, you'd see that all the Fernandinos (name for creoles in Fernando Po) and Agudas from Lagos were referred to as 'Lagosians'. Interestingly, in the case of William Allen Vivour, he was referred to as a Fernandino but at no point was he called 'a Lagosian'. So, that shows he never settled in Lagos.

However, in the journal, Enrique Martino said William Allen Vivour was a palm oil agent of the John Holt Company, prior to starting his plantation business in Fernando Po.

So, it begs the question: where did William Allen settle after he left Freetown in Sierra Leone? The answer can be found below:

https://www.ajol.info/index.php/afrrev/article/view/43613/27135

This is a screenshot from Enrique Martino's book where he claimed William Allen Vivour was possibly Igbo (I didn't post the link to the book due to spambot hence I added the page so you can google it)

Touts: Recruiting Indentured Labor in the Gulf of Guinea
By Enrique Martino
Page 108
Awesome!

How's it going Creeper?

I appreciate this feedback. I will do some advanced data mining with the keywords you have provided in your post.

Second the Rhodes-Vivour family must organise a press conference and issue a press release clarifying their real paternal and maternal ancestries which may include a
Yoruba maternal lineage. They will have to take a DNA ancestry test too from AfricanAncestry.com. Period.

I know full well that returnee Efik, Ibibio and Ibo ex-slaves from Freetown, and their descendants settled in Calabar and NOT Lagos Island.

Some returnee formerly enslaved
Nupes (Tapa) from Sierra Leone also arrived Lagos Island with Yoruba returnees from Sierra Leone and settled down, NO doubt because Nupeland shares boundaries with Yorubaland and historically the Nupe area in the Kwara North axis was conquered militarily by Oyo (just like parts of Bariba and Fon), and incorporated into the mighty Oyo Empire.

Thanks again.

Cc: Sukkot

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by Ready2speak: 9:57am On Apr 17, 2023
onthehill:
LP's Gbadebo Reacts To Lagos State Government Criticism On “Gangs of Lagos” Film

Labour Party's governorship candidate in Lagos State, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour has reacted to Lagos State government's criticsm on the “Gangs of Lagos” film/series, IGBERETV reports.

Lagos State Government had condemned the “Gangs of Lagos” film/series, stating that it mocked the cultural heritage of the people of Lagos.

Taking to his Twitter handle, Gbadebo wrote;

https://twitter.com/GRVlagos/status/1646967328163201024?s=19

That's an Omoluabi talking.
Na gang government been day Lagos since one man take by fire by force claim Tinubu family.

Hin say one Alhaja born am by force.
But now we day hea say na Guinea pig ati Guinea foul & Guinea corn hin de sell.

Abeg we won askin d question, wetin mirror do una?
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by blueAgent(m): 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2023
Godjone:
because of a drug Lord you even sacrifice a true Lagosians who is a Yoruba man. Kai naija youths sorry Yoruba youths. It's a pity

Very useless senseless set of ppl.

No one who supports evil ,APC would ever see good in his life.
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by KPGGlobal: 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
Iamgrey5:
This one keeps killing his career.

There are things you stay out of as a politician.

This is an emotional issue not a social issue that affects well-being of people.

It's not worth burning political goodwill and capital on.

God have mercy on you lots and your generation

What you guys do for money ehhhhhhhh
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by Creeper: 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
XAUBulls:

Awesome!

How's it going Creeper?

I appreciate this feedback. I will do some advanced data mining with the keywords you have provided in your post.

Second the Rhodes-Vivour family must organise a press conference and issue a press release clarifying their real paternal and maternal ancestries which may include a
Yoruba maternal lineage. They will have to take a DNA ancestry test too from AfricanAncestry.com. Period.

I know full well that returnee Efik, Ibibio and Ibo ex-slaves from Freetown, and their descendants settled in Calabar and NOT Lagos Island.

Some returnee formerly enslaved
Nupes (Tapa) from Sierra Leone also arrived Lagos Island with Yoruba returnees from Sierra Leone and settled down, NO doubt because Nupeland shares boundaries with Yorubaland and historically the Nupe area in the Kwara North axis was conquered militarily by Oyo (just like parts of Bariba and Fon), and incorporated into the mighty Oyo Empire.

Thanks again.

Cc: Sukkot

I don’t even think they need to do a DNA - I’m pretty sure they know their ancestry isn’t Yoruba.

Most the the Yoruba Saro and Aguda families in Lagos also know that the Rhodes-Vivour family aren’t of Yoruba ancestry. I actually read it from one of the Aguda families before I decided to research the claim.

In the journal I posted yesterday - the writer claimed that about 56% of the free slaves in Freetown were Igbos and Ibibios.

About Bariba: do you know that all the Bashoruns in Oyo empire were Baribas? Apparently, the post was reserved for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by dangotesmummy: 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
This guy dey wail oo! 🤣
The thing dey pain am as em no win the election!
as in.you just spoke my mind

He should go and sit down jare.since February them don dey wail.2 months the lamentations never do them
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” by thunderbabs: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2023
Torpedo23:

We all know the hullabaloo from LASG is not about Eyo or its attire, but the glaring truth about Lagos corruption and thuggery depicted in the movie.

Yea, the movie kinda portrayed "emilokan" in its entirety. Made to understand that the movie premiere had to wait till the election was over in order not to taint Jagaban's political ambition

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT / President Buhari's Birthday Cake Vs Nigeria's Independence Cake. Nigerians React / Police Detail How Bukola Saraki Used Credit Card To Launder Stolen Funds - S.R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.