Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources (41958 Views)

Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / Why New Naira Notes Leave Ink When Rubbed On White Surfaces – MINT / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by maasoap(m): 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
Who cares about your new naira notes misadventure as long as we have enough old naira notes in circulation? Only Zombiedients, Obi and Atiku applauded Emefiele and Buhari on the confiscation of naira notes because they believed that it was a sure for them to win the presidential election.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by Selfmotivated: 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
Islie:
• Consumers, businesses groan over elusive notes

• Advocate calls for higher value banknotes

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-new-naira-notes-are-scarce-cbn-sources/
Unless the incoming president put an injunction for continual use of the old notes as legal tender pending the when the new notes are fully circulated all over the country hence in contrast, the suffering will be twice the coming year. Aluta continue...
Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by maasoap(m): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2023
datola:
One economist in the report is even suggesting CBN introduces higher denominations; N2,000 N5,000, N10,000, N20,000. That will create bigger problems for us..

If I were them, I will even cancel N500, and N1,000 and make N200 highest denomination.

With our naira that doesn't have much value? Lol.
Higher denominations have more advantages
Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by maasoap(m): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Emefiele never intended changing currency. That explains why the new notes were not printed together currency demand.

All his plan was to punish Tinubu while unintelligent ipob terrorists cheered him up. It could be recalled that Atiku, pandora Obituary and ipob terrorists were all hailing Buhari and Emefiele at the peak of currency scarcity.

But immediately after election when the scarcity was still biting despite punishing Tinubu, same ipob terrorists quickly turned around to start blaming Tinubu who was to be punished. Their reason being that it was APC policy. I kept wondering if Buhari and Apc were in Labour party when they came up with the policy while the unintelligent ipob terrorists cheer them up.

That's to tell that they were not sincere even with themselves. Many people in Nigeria are selfish, what they lack is opportunity to show their true colours
Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by maasoap(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
adioolayi:
Advocate calls for higher value banknotes

Advocate Isonu

It is to reduce the quantity of cash in circulation but still retains the same value.
It is to help CBN spend less in producing new notes but still have the same or higher value in circulation.

The man said that there is no way CBN would remove about 9 billion pieces of old notes from the circulation and still print another 9 billion pieces of new notes because of the amount of money the production will cost.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by adioolayi(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
maasoap:

It is to reduce the quantity of cash in circulation but still retains the same value.
It is to help CBN spend less in producing new notes but still have the same or higher value in circulation.

The man said that there is no way CBN would remove about 9 billion pieces of old notes from the circulation and still print another 9 billion pieces of new notes because of the amount of money the production will cost.

So, we should have #2000 note

Where are the coins and lower denomination of #5, #10, #20
What purchasing power do they have now despite being a legal tender

What do you think will happen to the struggling #50 and #100 if we have #2000 notes
Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by Houseontherock1: 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lies! Nobody is hoarding the new naira notes; it just doesn't exist anymore! They're not printing they are not planning on making it available because Emefailure is desperate to have a cashless economy
Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by vertueptime: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
Cut and join buhrinomics

Birdbyrde440:

Demonitisation is the way to go.
Declare the old and new N1000, N500 notes as illegal.

Revalue by removing one zero so that
N1000 becomes equivalent to N100
N500 = N50
N200= N20
N100=N10
N50= N5
N20=N2
N10= N1
N5= 50 kobo

Any outside this will lead to economic suicide, hyperinflation.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by imagrg(m): 10:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
They want to also remove fuel subsidy.
Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by Ben1global(m): 2:45am On Apr 18, 2023
Do you know you can earn $200 and$1000 monthly from Amazon with just your smartphone and Secondary School knowledge.

Secure your place in the community of those who want to turn their phone into dollar ATM.

*Click*👉 https:///ftesu6 and get your free video on WhatsApp.

My Testimony
I remember when I first found out that I could earn money online,I was skeptical.

"Will this work?"I don't want my money to go o," but the lack I was facing was enough pain already.work from 9ap to 7pm carrying block and concretes weighing 39kg upwards.I started developing muscles even,I became dark thin, and I was always tired.God knew I was only doing that to have cash daily,I lamented about how the morning come fast.
The wars part,when time comes for school I found out that I saved nothing and I beging scratch around for founds to resume.It was horrible, terrible mehn.work for 4 weeks with hope to get something resume with but looking at Resumption with dismay.
Don't ask if I have parents. I do.and I also have 4 siblings. I am the first ,I can't leave my responsibility to my parents anymore,they still have 4 to handle.
Maximum of two weeks, I always called Dad in school for one money or the other.#1500,2000,5000 come,and before I get 4 handouts and Detergent hmm.can't tell all,but today the story changed,the table turned,I send money to parents,I am more confidence about my future,I pay my school fees,I pay for feeding.

Don't think I have two heads,I don't.you can do it too.

You can literally take your life from 4figure to 6-7figures not in a day or week oh,but that's what we call growth.

The poor can't help the poor.So,get rich and I'm here to help you achieve this dream, information is power, I will take you in every step provided you want me to.i will be available to answer questions.
Click on this link and join me on WhatsApp https:///ftesu6 or +2349028557421
Re: Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources by maasoap(m): 8:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
adioolayi:

So, we should have #2000 note

Where are the coins and lower denomination of #5, #10, #20
What purchasing power do they have now despite being a legal tender

They don't have value anymore! They can't be used to purchase anything individually unless you stack them together and that will give you bulk problem. grin grin grin

What do you think will happen to the struggling #50 and #100 if we have #2000 notes

Lol. Don't tell me that you're one of those economists who believe that having higher currency denominations is the cause of inflation and loss of currency value.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies / Live Display Of Animals At Okoko Market For Business / FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.