Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) (31546 Views)

Obi v Tinubu: Tribunal admits documents on Tinubu's alleged illicit drug offence / David Hundeyin Publish Documentary On Tinubu's Alleged Drug Involvement In US / Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by MeineMutter: 1:52am On Apr 18, 2023
Which top politician ni get dual citizenship? Even Obi get. No biggie jor.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Benohio(m): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Nairaland avoided everything about the Dual Citizenship talks,, until Fashola said something about it.

Nairaland is now becoming like the dear Old NTA.

Exactly my thoughts. I searched for this news but didn't see it among the headlines. Naira land only posts news that ridicules obi
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by meum: 11:21am On Apr 18, 2023
shinealight:

What does the Constitution say about the President having dual citizenship….pls tell us since you know so much about it.
Does Obianor who ran away to the United States after his second term In Anambra have dual citizenship?
One would imagine that whatever applies to a President also applies to a Governor?! Pls clarify SIR!
SIR! Every Nigerian should be able to have access to a copy of this country’s constitution that “we the people…” agreed to be our constitution.

Look for the constitution online or get a hard copy of it & look up what the constitution says about who is qualified to be the president. Stop looking for who to argue with 😁
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by meum: 11:44am On Apr 18, 2023
BreconHills:

Saying he will check is perfectly in order. Notice ( play back if necessary) that he said the only condition is that the President has to be a Nigerian by birth.

Chapter 6 part 1 of the Constitution of the FRN backs this up.
Being a Nigerian by birth isn’t the ONLY condition. There are other conditions. Still on that chapter 6, go to section 137 that talks about disqualification.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by shinealight(m): 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
meum:

SIR! Every Nigerian should be able to have access to a copy of this country’s constitution that “we the people…” agreed to be our constitution.

Look for the constitution online or get a hard copy of it & look up what the constitution says about who is qualified to be the president. Stop looking for who to argue with 😁

So, you cannot SIMPLY ENLIGHTEN us from your WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE?
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Unclefemolala(m): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
DOptical:
Fashola didn't answer the question because you've got to provide proven facts first, not trash! Fashola is a legal practitioner who knows this! As a matter of fact, he also pointed out other propaganda trash that have been circulating..

Just as Fashola stated, dual citizenship doesn't stop anyone from their elected position. The so called dual citizenship was even issued recently and has expired. So, how is it a problem? Obi recently had Dallas citizenship which hasn't even expired, did that stop him from contesting? Much ado about nothing.

Anyway, social media needs to be restricted like South Korea and Japanese do. Writing trash in the name of Cloutshasing shouldn't be a career. This is for David hundeyin and his ilks. In saner clime, such people would find themselves in prison! Same David hundeyin was sent out of Oxford university for fraud! That's a sane clime.

Some talentless people would just come on social media to write trash for clout chasing.. In a sane clime, such people would found their useless ass in prison! Imagine the nonsensical social media craziness these days.

Anyone without a certified journalism degree, a member of nuj society and with registered media house has no business writing gibberish! Even at that, you have to come correct, not writing trash! Lots of things need to be in place TBH. Even our legislators who don't have law degrees, Bar exam excellence and experience as a legal practitioners have no business as legislators! Worse is some of these legislators don't even have careers at all. Politics shouldn't be a career! Neither is clout chasing!

You're not as smart as you think...firstly..the constitution was clear that acceptin another citizenship voluntarily (which means you swore another oath of allegiance) makes you ineligible for presidency...secondly ...a citizenship doesn't expire..only passport does...so he is a Guinea citizen except he renounces one nationality.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by DOptical: 10:50am On Apr 19, 2023
Unclefemolala:

You're not as smart as you think...firstly..the constitution was clear that acceptin another citizenship voluntarily (which means you swore another oath of allegiance) makes you ineligible for presidency...secondly ...a citizenship doesn't expire..only passport does...so he is a Guinea citizen except he renounces one nationality.

Stop disturbing my mention with gibberish and go get a brain. First, while the so called Tinubu's dual citizenship gibberish isn't proven, it was something issued recently and it's expired. The expiry date is on the so called gibberish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by BreconHills(m): 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2023
meum:

Being a Nigerian by birth isn’t the ONLY condition. There are other conditions. Still on that chapter 6, go to section 137 that talks about disqualification.

You have said nothing.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by meum: 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2023
BreconHills:

You have said nothing.
Go back & read slowly.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by BreconHills(m): 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2023
meum:

Go back & read slowly.

Even if anyone read it a thousand times crawling over every sentence like a millipede, it still sheds no additional light on my comment. You probably had something in mind and thought you had expressed but it's not there. Read it as a third party, remove your mental filters and see if there is anything there worth replying.

I dont think so and I honestly can't keep saying this again and again.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Fortruth: 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2023
Massiveglory:
Simple question. Does tinubu actually have dual citizenship?
Fashola starts talking off point and yarning dust on national tv.
I dont blame mr fash. Tinubu is a huge burden

There is no single credibility to the name BOLA AHMED TINUBU.
His name is fake
His age is fake.
Certificate is fake
Nationality is fake
Source of wealth is fake
Mandate is fake
Nothing credible. All fake and lies.

All focus on the court/ tribunal. Tinubu will not be president. The desperation of a man cannot be used to destroy over 200m people. Nigeria must be rescued.

Nigeria is a corporation owned still by England… England decides the puppet to “govern” their creation
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by meum: 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2023
BreconHills:

Even if anyone read it a thousand times crawling over every sentence like a millipede, it still sheds no additional light on my comment. You probably had something in mind and thought you had expressed but it's not there. Read it as a third party, remove your mental filters and see if there is anything there worth replying.

I dont think so and I honestly can't keep saying this again and again.
I still stand by what I said. Being a Nigerian citizen is not the only criterion.
I saw the video myself & he was trying to dodge the question. I think the anchor asked him the question four good times. It was after the anchor pointed out he has been asking the same question that he came up with only one condition out of the so many conditions which is also tied to section 137
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by BreconHills(m): 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2023
meum:

I still stand by what I said. Being a Nigerian citizen is not the only criterion.
I saw the video myself & he was trying to dodge the question. I think the anchor asked him the question four good times. It was after the anchor pointed out he has been asking the same question that he came up with only one condition out of the so many conditions which is also tied to section 137

If this was what you are referring to then I think it shouldn't be overthought. Yes, he dodged the question several times. It isn't unusual, all politicians around the world do this - especially on live television. People will make of that what they will. Their supporters will approve, their opponents will jeer and the ambivalent will probably give them the benefit of the doubt.

The first rule in online TV is don't say anything that will haunt you.

He did finally give a response and said he would get back to the interviewer. I would hope the interviewer would host someone with a contrary opinion and give Fashola the opportunity to fulfil his promise to the interviewer.

I know for one that the Guinea thing will not stand. His accusers will need to prove that he took an oath of allegiance to another country. Bukola Saraki is English by birth and not Nigerian by birth as stipulated by the constitution of the FRN and has not given up his primary citizenship in order to run successfully for the senate be its speaker and even seek the Presidency.

I dont think too much should be read into this segment of the interview and of course the courts are still there.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Unclefemolala(m): 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2023
DOptical:

Stop disturbing my mention with gibberish and go get a brain. First, while the so called Tinubu's dual citizenship gibberish isn't proven, it was something issued recently and it's expired. The expiry date is on the so called gibberish!

And I repeat that you are a dunce.

Passport expiry isn't in anyway a proof of renunciation.

Whilst the citizenship may not be true, proof of renunciation is needed and not a passport expiry date.

I'm sure you don't understand how these things work so keep quiet
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by DOptical: 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
Unclefemolala:

And I repeat that you are a dunce.

Passport expiry isn't in anyway a proof of renunciation.

Whilst the citizenship may not be true, proof of renunciation is needed and not a passport expiry date.

I'm sure you don't understand how these things work so keep quiet

Says the Dumbo who doesn't even know what diplomatic passport (which has even expired) means. Get out of my mention with your gibberish.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Cromagnon: 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Atleast, I dey more fulfilled than your papa
yet you de Nairaland de lament. My Papa no de bother with nincompoops like you . No one this Sad can be fulfilled

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Wike At Ogoniland Clean-Up Launch. Guess What VP Was Telling Wike / Uzodimma, Buni Submit APC Presidential Forms For Senate President Lawan. / Timaya sings "As E Dey Pain Dem, E Dey Sweet Us" at Tinubu Concert (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.