Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) (31522 Views)

Obi v Tinubu: Tribunal admits documents on Tinubu's alleged illicit drug offence / David Hundeyin Publish Documentary On Tinubu's Alleged Drug Involvement In US / Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Naijalarry: 9:04am On Apr 17, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwaEJRGXyks

Minister of Works and Housing Babatunde Fashola has said the constitution of Nigeria allows an individual to have a dual citizenship.

POLITICS NIGERIA reports that according to Fashola, the Nigerian constitution does not make a political office aspirant disentitled when such person is a dual citizen.

Recall that reports emerged over the weekend and alleged that the president-elect, Bola Tinubu, owned a Guinea Conakry passport.

The revelation sent internet users into a frenzy over how the new leader of Africa’s largest economy allegedly lied to the nation’s electoral commission while under oath.

But reacting while speaking on Sunday night during an interview with Channels TV, Fashola who has been a longtime ally of Tinubu, said: “I know he carries a Nigerian passport; I don’t know about dual citizenship.

“I know he resided abroad when he went on exile, I don’t know if they gave me American citizenship. What has that got to do with the result of the election?”

He added: [b@?“The last time I checked. I think that Nigeria’s constitution allows you to have a dual citizenship.

“I will check. But I doubt that the Nigerian constitution makes you disentitled if you have dual citizenship, because the constitution allows you to have dual citizenship.”[/b]

Source- https://politicsnigeria.com/fashola-speaks-on-tinubus-dual-citizenship/

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by TemplarLandry: 9:05am On Apr 17, 2023
BRF is so intelligent. I watched the whole thing live!

187 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Massiveglory: 9:06am On Apr 17, 2023
Simple question. Does tinubu actually have dual citizenship?
Fashola starts talking off point and yarning dust on national tv.
I dont blame mr fash. Tinubu is a huge burden

There is no single credibility to the name BOLA AHMED TINUBU.
His name is fake
His age is fake.
Certificate is fake
Nationality is fake
Source of wealth is fake
Mandate is fake
Nothing credible. All fake and lies.

All focus on the court/ tribunal. Tinubu will not be president. The desperation of a man cannot be used to destroy over 200m people. Nigeria must be rescued.

375 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by meum: 9:20am On Apr 17, 2023
I think the same constitution he is referring to is very explicit on the issue of dual citizenship on whoever aspires to become president

Wow! Coming from a SAN: “I will check. But I doubt that the Nigerian constitution makes you disentitled if you have dual citizenship, because the constitution allows you to have dual citizenship” All I can say is that he is only trying to dodge the question

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by slivertongue: 9:22am On Apr 17, 2023
Fashola isn't even proud of the character of his principal

178 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by jaytimeo: 9:28am On Apr 17, 2023
SMH this is a highly respected SAN, he’s not sure if you can hold a dual citizenship and still be president of Nigeria Buhari took us 16 years back and if Tinubu enters he’s taking us 20 years back imagine the kind of people who would be running govt ,someone that has forgotten the constitution of Nigeria,Nigeria youths they have ruined your future.

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by saintkel(m): 9:33am On Apr 17, 2023
Just shaking my head......I am just wondering if dis were to be Peter Obi......

164 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by derecho(m): 9:34am On Apr 17, 2023
Nothing about Tinubu is correct.
Anyways, we can't be distracted by Inspector Fash of LekkiMassacre.

All eyes on the Courts because
Tinubu will NEVER be Nigeria's President

187 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Yaribanzaonic: 9:35am On Apr 17, 2023
The fact that Fashola is celebrated by agbadorians as intelligent..is a slap to their claim of being sophisticated.

Fashola is Keyamo Version 2.0

Both are daft and don't deserve to be called SANs..

Just imagine who Agbado supporters call educated?

Spits..

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by ahamonyeka(m): 9:36am On Apr 17, 2023
Seun my guy please be careful with all these your questions make dem no plan evil for you.nigeria no be place to speak the truth.na beg i dey beg you

22 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by DOptical: 9:51am On Apr 17, 2023
Fashola didn't answer the question because you've got to provide proven facts first, not trash! Fashola is a legal practitioner who knows this! As a matter of fact, he also pointed out other propaganda trash that have been circulating..

Just as Fashola stated, dual citizenship doesn't stop anyone from their elected position. The so called dual citizenship was even issued recently and has expired. So, how is it a problem? Obi recently had Dallas citizenship which hasn't even expired, did that stop him from contesting? Much ado about nothing.

Anyway, social media needs to be restricted like South Korea and Japanese do. Writing trash in the name of Cloutshasing shouldn't be a career. This is for David hundeyin and his ilks. In saner clime, such people would find themselves in prison! Same David hundeyin was sent out of Oxford university for fraud! That's a sane clime.

Some talentless people would just come on social media to write trash for clout chasing.. In a sane clime, such people would found their useless ass in prison! Imagine the nonsensical social media craziness these days.

Anyone without a certified journalism degree, a member of nuj society and with registered media house has no business writing gibberish! Even at that, you have to come correct, not writing trash! Lots of things need to be in place TBH. Even our legislators who don't have law degrees, Bar exam excellence and experience as a legal practitioners have no business as legislators! Worse is some of these legislators don't even have careers at all. Politics shouldn't be a career! Neither is clout chasing!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by iCauseTrouble: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2023
It is impossible to defend Tinubu without looking stupid.
As intelligent as Fashola is, see how he is making mockery of himself because he wants to defend Drug Daddy cheesy

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by datola: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2023
But what does Tinubu need a Guinean Conakry passport for

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by fatherjesse(m): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2023
Fashola does well if it is about finding hidden cameras. If we are to go by Fashola's argument, we can as well bring back to life, the likes of Anini, Oyenusi and make them president and vice respectively. We can as well have Hushpuppi, Evans, etc come back and become ministers according to Fashola

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Freshtruth(m): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2023
A Sudanese us about to round up is tenure after beating a Cameroonian in the previous election now a Guinean is set to take over after defeating a Cameroonian and Briafrian grin .
Nigeria as a country is the real no mans land

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by AntiChristian: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2023
May Allah bless the President Elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu!
May Allah Guide the President Elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu!
May Allah Protect the President Elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu!
May Allah direct the affairs of the President Elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu!
May Allah guide Nigerians aright!
May those who want Nigeria to Succeed succeed!
May Nigeria Succeed!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by kenedyx: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2023
And you couldn't check before coming on air and granting a live interview..

These crop of leaders are the worst

18 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Racoon(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2023
Just imagine how shameless and senseless a whole SAN have reduced himself to in order to defend a drug baron criminal. The Nigerian constitution is clear as far as dual citizenship is concerned for those who aspire to become president

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by OsuIgboIpob: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2023
grin
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Orion01(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2023
Man from Guinea wan rule Nigeria. grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2023
Charlatans

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by PureFace1(m): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2023
Massiveglory:
Simple question.
See as fashola is talking off point and yarning dust on national tv.

Just because Fashola and Tinubu are political allies doesn't mean he will know everything about Tinubu.

You guys are so desperate looking for things to disqualify Tinubu lol, I thought the Drug case is enough to disqualify him you guys sound so sure but after your propagandists figured out it is going to be a futile endeavor they have to figure out another propaganda to keep the hope and unrealistic dream alive.

16 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by FatimaAbubakar(f): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2023
No amount of face-saving techniques can erase the dirty fact about the old Guinean drug pusher called Bola Tinubu aka Amuda Yekini.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by tommykiwi(m): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2023
Believe Apchit at your own peril.

18 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Vivianat(f): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2023
My President Elect Asiwaju Jagaban Bola Tinubu GCFR.

May your reign usher unparalleled prosperity to our nation.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Princeton92(m): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
BRF is so intelligent. I watched the whole thing live!

Shatapeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 😏

Disgusting grin cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by tomax026: 10:02am On Apr 17, 2023
NOBODY CAN BE SENSIBLE, AND SUPPORT A CONTROVERSIAL MAN/DRUG LORD/FRAUDSTER TO BE HIS PRESIDENT.
ONLY FOOLS CAN BE PROUD OF THAT.

14 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by dexterinc2003: 10:05am On Apr 17, 2023
DOptical:
Guinea citizenship that has Nigeria Lagos as the province?

That's why I said social media needs to be restricted like South Korea and Japanese. Writing trash in the name of Cloutshasing shouldn't be a career. This is for David hundeyin and his likes. In saner clime, such people would find themselves in prison! Same David hundeyin was sent out of Oxford university for example!

That's exactly what a fascist would say.

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by rajiedreez: 10:05am On Apr 17, 2023
grin Fash himself
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by cutedharmee: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2023
This early morning

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by ganisucks(f): 10:07am On Apr 17, 2023
Na laff I dey laff. Ten years from now, you'll hear them saying Baba Lagos was done the same thing as MKO.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes / Ned Nwoko: Court Remands Jaruma In Suleja Prison / Peter Obi And Datti Baba-Ahmed ChannelsTV Interview (Live)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.