Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House (22804 Views)

The Moment A Bride Poured Food On Her Groom On Their Wedding Day (Video) / Fire Breaks Out During Wedding Reception In Lagos (video/photos) / Billionaire Wedding Reception In Dubai, See What They Served On Each Table. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by GboyegaD(m): 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
Any woman that ask a man to pay for such isn't worthy to be married to. If her family can't take care of visitors with whatever they can afford, then she is a fraud and if the man goes ahead with the marriage, when she shows her true colors, she shouldn't be blamed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Flier: 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
Muffassa:
I think the bride takes care of the cookings groom might just support. Depends on both sides Sha
Man pays for everything! Most times a cent of bride family must not be involve only if they willingly want to add money
Otherwise I don’t think the man is ready to marry
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by eedimo(m): 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2023
BmAe:
During an introduction or let me say bride price negotiation and payment, the man will bring drinks, bring gift then carry his people down to his woman's house and then pay money for the wedding.

The question now is will he be the one to also pay for the food that the woman and her parents will cook when he and his people visit? I7

Will the man pay for the food or support since he is coming as a visitor with his people.
forget marriage
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Flier: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2023
GboyegaD:
Any woman that ask a man to pay for such isn't worthy to be married to. If her family can't take care of visitors with whatever they can afford, then she is a fraud and if the man goes ahead with the marriage, when she shows her true colors, she shouldn't be blamed.
You are not a real man if you are waiting for bride family to add a cent to your wedding
Only if they willingly want to do it but the right thing for you is to ask them how much they need for everything
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Blupen969(m): 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2023
Flight90:

grin
The simp don turn pastor be that o
Na one way nah
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nawttiboi007(m): 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
grin grin grin(
Jennyclay:
The man is expected to send the lady money to take care of the food & drinks and every other expenses before his people arrive.

Biko, you broke men should stay away from marriage & relationship if you don't have money!!
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by lawdrigo: 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
My guy na you dey pay for everything...
If you are not prepared don't start what you can not finish..
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by donnie2016: 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jennyclay:
The man is expected to send the lady money to take care of the food & drinks and every other expenses before his people arrive.

Biko, you broke men should stay away from marriage & relationship if you don't have money!!
When it comes Nigerian women will prefer the back seats, gender equality no longer become a thing to be shouted about.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Flier: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
lawdrigo:
My guy na you dey pay for everything...
If you are not prepared don't start what you can not finish..
Dont mind them! Why would you want to marry if you are not ready to pay for everything.atleast float paying for everything,if they reject then fine
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Saao(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
Samantha124:
In my culture it's the woman's family that will pay for the food and the drinks during an introduction.

Same thing applies during the bride price negotiations and the wedding.. Because we do two weddings where I'm from.. one on Saturday which will happen at the bride's parents' place and the other on Sunday which will happen at the groom's parents' house.

Each families pay for their own food and drinks.
wow where are u from? I will recommend my son to marry from your tribe grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by dannykares: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
jackie35:

I can not even stop laughing, oga go and do your responsibility. Who go dey help you help you massage your wife?

We re not deliberating but expressing ours culture n who handle de bills, I'm sure your poor family will want groom to do everything bcus he coming to marry your sis or daughter, u calls that marriage unless your place doesn't v tradition simple shut up
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by okine4real: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
when you won marry, marry enter family when get shame. If you come to my house, am to feed you, i cant come to your house and still be feeding you. its the wife's family that will feed ONLY the husbands guest, then all other guest invested by the husband, the husband will take care of his guest. eg John is marrying Susan, Susan's family is to take care of John's Family only. Then John invite about 50 friends, Its John's duty to take care of his friends. this is the Normal way before poverty come change everything. Till today, if i won cause wahala for house, i go remember the part her family play for our wedding, once i start, she go just change mood, me self go just shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by noble2faith(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jennyclay:

This girl is just a frustrated fool🙄

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
I'm from South Africa... grin grin grin
Lamanii22:

What state are you from?

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2023
South African.
greatiyk4u:

Interesting
Where is that?
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by randymirrors(f): 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2023
The bride's family is the host. They're to fund the menu menu and other expenses to be incurred for the day.
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by thegooddieyoung: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2023
Hanty 1 Hakimi awaits you las las

Jennyclay:

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
I'm from South Africa, why recommend your son to marry from my tribe? grin grin grin
Saao:
wow where are u from? I will recommend my son to marry from your tribe grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by seglabsy(m): 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jennyclay:

jeniffer you?see life ooo

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by randymirrors(f): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
BmAe:
it's just a question, some fathers fit no like am..... They will think is an insult... If you are coming to my house, even if you will carry millions and come.. I must still cook for you

I'm a woman sef and already seeing it as an insult. Things can't be that bad na. I can't imagine collecting si-si from my fiance for introduction. How na?

Any girl telling you you must pay, just know that.. like the devil, she has come to kill and destroy.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by GboyegaD(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
EriMma1:
Guy if you hold money, that thing na small thing. You can cater for it and bone.

When my eldest sister did hers, na the guyman give her bah wey she take buy some things for the introduction. We just gathered ourselves (the girls) as pro cooks that we are and cooked all the food.

Popsy organized drinks and some other venue arrangements. The guy tried abeg. Na man him be. Till tomorrow I still dey dolf my hat for that my in-law. Though he's an engineer and was working with Julius Berger.

Make una dey try dey hold bah before una do marriage to avoid all this shalaye. cool

It is no shalaye and it is greed for any woman to expect the groom who is visiting to pay for the food they want to serve him. If what you have is ground it and garri, take pride in it and serve it. The visitors are not coming because of food and should appreciate whatever they are offered.

That said, I think our negative competition mentality is why people try to show off otherwise, why bother so much about food and drinks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Pet1122: 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
The post(question) was meant for responsible people no be hookup girls
Jennyclay:

6 Likes

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by greatiyk4u(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
Samantha124:
South African.

That's a beautiful culture, in my culture (Nigeria)is the groom that Carrie's all the burden except in cases when the bride family is wealthy/ comfortable and not greedy
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by spyder880(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
The groom.
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Georgekyrian(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
BmAe:
it's just a question, some fathers fit no like am..... They will think is an insult... If you are coming to my house, even if you will carry millions and come.. I must still cook for you

I gave my wife money for that then, my in-law returned the money, cooked handsomely for me and my people, Saying is the first time I’m coming to his house (introduction reception).

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by poshestmina(f): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
The wife and her family...but the man can 'find his wife something' if he wants.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by dannykares: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
Justicemy8:
in our imo state its the man that pays for everything and it is mandatory u do so

Big lied or depend on de place , I married from orlu n during my introduction her parents took cares of everythings while issuing me de lists.
My TM everything's was on Mii including my court wedding
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by GboyegaD(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2023
Flier:
You are not a real man if you are waiting for bride family to add a cent to your wedding
Only if they willingly want to do it but the right thing for you is to ask them how much they need for everything

Call me whatever, it matters less. I am not competing and I am marrying their daughter because she agreed to marry me.

I don't care what you serve because that is not the purpose we came. Just present to us and the guest what you can afford with joy. It speaks so much about who you are. I don't need to build on fakes.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by sageb: 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2023
Samantha124:
In my culture it's the woman's family that will pay for the food and the drinks during an introduction.

Same thing applies during the bride price negotiations and the wedding.. Because we do two weddings where I'm from.. one on Saturday which will happen at the bride's parents' place and the other on Sunday which will happen at the groom's parents' house.

2 weddings ?
which state are you from?

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by seglabsy(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
Samantha124:

pls which country are u and what about the distance and don't u think u are wasting resources?
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by dannykares: 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
greatiyk4u:

That's a beautiful culture, in my culture (Nigeria)is the groom that Carrie's all the burden except in cases when the bride family is wealthy/ comfortable and not greedy

Point of correction not in every Nigeria , simple say de place you from in Nigeria your culture a man carry every burden as you describe .
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by iamjavadem(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
You should be having this discussion with your wife and both of you should do what favors you and will make it a success regardless of what tradition or others are doing. Don't forget it's about you and your wife, nobody else is important.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rukevwe And Imokhai Wed In Style - Photos / Lady Celebrates Her Birthday With A Weird Shoutout To Her Parents / Late Tunji Okusanya Jnr Burial (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.