Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House (22790 Views)

The Moment A Bride Poured Food On Her Groom On Their Wedding Day (Video) / Fire Breaks Out During Wedding Reception In Lagos (video/photos) / Billionaire Wedding Reception In Dubai, See What They Served On Each Table. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jennyclay:
The man is expected to send the lady money to take care of the food & drinks and every other expenses before his people arrive.

Biko, you broke men should stay away from marriage & relationship if you don't have money!!

Men should take away from poor family if they can’t even cook for they visitor without you sending them money .
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by OloyeVIII: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
OBTOREPA:
Wife material
You dey find wetin no lost.
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jennyclay:
The man is expected to send the lady money to take care of the food & drinks and every other expenses before his people arrive.

Biko, you broke men should stay away from marriage & relationship if you don't have money!!

Men should take away from poor family if they can’t even cook for they visitor without you sending them money . .
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
South Africa.
sniperr007:

Where is that please
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
Thank you.. smiley smiley smiley
Mbenny:
i like that you are beautiful
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2023
Unfortunately, it's already been done.. you're too late.. grin grin grin
Sirchiboy:
Interesting.
Hope you will do the same when I come for your introduction?
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
How am I a wife material? grin grin grin
OBTOREPA:

Wife material
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by OloyeVIII: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
Mbenny:
i like that you are beautiful
See them! seun come carry your brother go house.
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
Justicemy8:
in our imo state its the man that pays for everything and it is mandatory u do so
Which part in Imo state? Because in my village Isu the lady family provide food for their in-law which the in-law will bring drinks

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by ijames: 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
YOU BROKE GIRLS FROM BROKE FAMILY SHOULD STAY SINGLE FOREVER AND EVER...you cant even entertain your inlaws ,how broke can a family be
Jennyclay:

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Fiscus105:
Normally from introduction to engagement and marriage proper are supposed to be carried alone, single handedly by parents of the bride, if we are to go by tradition from Yoruba fore-fathers.

But nowadays, it depends on how people involved are loaded financially.

In the olden day, father of bride would be the one to call people around to come and eat and dine for his daughter that is going to husband house, while groom people would only bring pride price and other things in marriage list.

Yeah, this is something I learnt of recent, that in Yoruba tradition, the bride (wife's) family handle most of the expenses during the introduction, wedding et al, while the guy can contribute as he deems fit...

I never knew such even existed...
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by AyotossFund(m): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
grin🤡😂
FalseProphet1:
I see Nigerian men forming a union to fight against marital extortion from brides families, I see men vowing not to get married, I see Nigeria churches complaining of marriage scarcity, I see mature ladies offering to pay groom price just to leave their father's house.

I see groom price inducted into the Nigerian constitution, I see guys forming for girls and becoming materialistic, I see guys demanding for iPhones, PS 5, clothes, shoes from girls, I see girls working hard to take send money to their men, I see men growing far on women's money.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by northbird: 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jennyclay:

You have a poor appreciation of family ties.Must everything be transactional, it is the bride's family that should be responsible. If the hubby contributes,its purely from the goodness of his heart.
BTW, what's so special about introduction that the brides family can't cater for. Drinks and food for guests not up to 20.

Culture or no culture, it should even be a thing of honour for the family of the bride. It mustn't be extravagant, cut your coat according to your size.

I deem it pettiness on the brides family,if they can't host their in-laws to be.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by princeogbeide1(m): 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
Muffassa:
I think the bride takes care of the cookings groom might just support. Depends on both sides Sha

Must groom support?
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Mbenny(m): 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
[quote author=Samantha124 post=122574571]Thank you.. smiley smiley smiley[/quot i have sent you an inbox message
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
CalabarPikin:
The one I witnessed in my house, my parents took care of everything.

But this practice of so called marriage rite in Africa truly need to stop, except we'll trash the one we borrowed (white wedding)

Bro, I know a guy who is still paying for the loan he collected to marry even after the marriage has ended long ago.....wtf

I went to a friend's wedding yesterday, while dressing the groom and getting ready for the program to start, a young man walked in to see the guy, baba said he was there to collect 15k for village youth footballers.....while I was still watching the whole thing, I was made to understand the girl in question is not even from that village, that they already made the payment to the youth of her village (maternal + paternal) totaling 30k. We just told guy to leave us before we vex.....cuz it was getting me angry already, baba said he was going to call other youths to come, we forget say na church wedding we come, I said your papa....follow bring your grandpa.....idiot...
Just marriage rites alone suck my friend dry like hell....

This money they keep tasking this guys is enough to help them start up a small business and build their family gradually, but Africa especially southern Nigeria say NO...
Even villagers that barely know how the child was raised the ginger for their cut.....it's damn annoying

We are quick to judge bride price and always welcome to white wedding 👰.
Only a fool and useless man will take loan to do wedding I guess he borrow the money for white wedding.
Any girl I want to marry it’s only TM we are doing Bleep white wedding maybe in the future or our anniversary we can do blessing of marriage only when we have more than enough to waste.
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by favour32(m): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
For most homes,
na the man dey pay for everything.
Na so we see am.

For most unlucky men,
na introduction to carry load.
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Mbenny(m): 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
OloyeVIII:

tongue
OloyeVIII:

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by 9japarrot: 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm from South Africa, why recommend your son to marry from my tribe? grin grin grin

Hmm Mzansi fo sure... What province are you from sisi?
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by SisterAnn(f): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
BmAe:
During an introduction or let me say bride price negotiation and payment, the man will bring drinks, bring gift then carry his people down to his woman's house and then pay money for the wedding.

The question now is will he be the one to also pay for the food that the woman and her parents will cook when he and his people visit?

Will the man pay for the food or support since he is coming as a visitor with his people.
It depends on individual situations.

If the in-laws of the man are buoyant, it is their duty to provide food for the visitors.

But if they are not and you decide to advance them some money for that, nobody will know.

On the wedding day, if your in-laws are buoyant enough to sponsor the entertainment, they will be the ones to keep Every money sprayed at the event.

But if you and wife are the ones sponsoring the entertainment, then you get to keep all money sprayed on that day.

If you and your in-laws jointly sponsored the entertainment, then you will also share any money sprayed at the event accordingly.

To be on the better side, sponsor the entertainment for the wedding proper, and assign people who can gather what's sprayed for you. Only authorized people.
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by vickydevoka(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jennyclay:

We are already staying away my sister . Y’all should marry yourselves
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by vickydevoka(m): 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2023
EriMma1:
Guy if you hold money, that thing na small thing. You can cater for it and bone.

When my eldest sister did hers, na the guyman give her bah wey she take buy some things for the introduction. We just gathered ourselves (the girls) as pro cooks that we are and cooked all the food.

Popsy organized drinks and some other venue arrangements. The guy tried abeg. Na man him be. Till tomorrow I still dey dolf my hat for that my in-law. Though he's an engineer and was working with Julius Berger.

Make una dey try dey hold bah before una do marriage to avoid all this shalaye. cool
Never u try to please a woman from the beginning. Always make sure she play her part
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by gotnel: 3:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jennyclay:

Not like that.
If the lady family are not capable enough, then, the guy can come to their support.
Naturally, it should be the family of the bride that supposed to entertain their guests.
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by greatiyk4u(m): 3:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
Samantha124:
In my tribe it's considered as the parents honor to pay for their own children's wedding to a point that the parents within the community do monthly monetary contributions and would put the money away until one of their kids gets married.

They come in groups and when the wedding comes, there's a group of parents that's going to be responsible for buying drinks, another one for frozen chickens, the other for a cow, others for desserts and etc.

The wedding celebrants would only pay for the few things left behind.

That's an honourable tradition you guys enjoy there...it doest give the groom the room to brag and always talk down on the wife.
Hope una women are loyal in marriage as most of us far away hear some nasty stories about SA ladies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Muffassa: 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2023
Flier:
Man pays for everything! Most times a cent of bride family must not be involve only if they willingly want to add money
Otherwise I don’t think the man is ready to marry
Thank God you said sometimes, most bride homes take full responsibilities of the food and drinks that's why I said it's up to the bride and groom the to be. rem we talking about intro not wedding I don't think it's something to elaborate Just to involve few people. It honors the bride side the more,
the groom's contribution will only be an addition Morever the groom side won't be coming empty handed.
My big sister does her's just of recent we the bride side sort the food and drinks part she bought majority of what she needed we only added to it cos nar she want elaborate ham base on Say she's gainfully employed I suggested doing a low-key sitting room gathering but she later changed the plan and it really worth it the groom as well came with stuffs we never expected.
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Muffassa: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
princeogbeide1:

Must groom support?
I done talk on that check my other comment
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2023
I'm from South Africa.

If the groom's home is far, the bride's family must make sure that the wedding reception starts early so that they can finish early.

After that the groom and his family will then leave first while the bride and her family will then follow.. Then bride will then spend the night at the groom's home, if it's very far, they'll then travel throughout the night until they reach their destination.
seglabsy:
pls which country are u and what about the distance and don't u think u are wasting resources?
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
Nasty things like what exactly? grin grin grin
greatiyk4u:

That's an honourable tradition you guys enjoy there...it doest give the groom the room to brag and always talk down on the wife.
Hope una women are loyal in marriage as most of us far away hear some nasty stories about SA ladies?
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Shokoloko(f): 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
The man and his family are visiting. Introduction does not necessarily mean a marriage will take place so the man is still visiting ad should be fed by the lady's family.
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by clericuzzio(m): 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jennyclay:

If your father was buoyant enough or even averagely okay.
The food which his intending inlaw would eat would be nothing.

Lazy ass girls be looking for who to carry their family problem

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
Limpopo.
9japarrot:

Hmm Mzansi fo sure... What province are you from sisi?
Re: Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
Unfortunately I can't provide you with what you're looking for.. smiley smiley smiley[quote author=Mbenny post=122574852][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rukevwe And Imokhai Wed In Style - Photos / Lady Celebrates Her Birthday With A Weird Shoutout To Her Parents / Late Tunji Okusanya Jnr Burial (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.